Page 118 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2041
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    As the Coldlight crash lands, and the Galloping manages to land without real damage, the Gotengo pushes on.
    Parsley had neglected to aid the Coldlight with its landing, but the Galloping touched down without trouble. Parsley unbuckled her harness but didn't get up right away. Instead, she spread her senses far and wide to get a lay of the land and figure out what was happening. That included any spells Sakin may have cast. The invisibility spell - or whatever incantation Held mentioned Sakin used to render himself invisible to her senses - may not have been much of a hindrance for much longer, but it was still imperative to at least attempt to undo whatever provisions and preparations he made as a failsafe.

If nothing else, it would have made their fight a little less difficult.

Observational Focus + Toki Yo Tomare
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

As the Coldlight crash lands, and the Galloping manages to land without real damage, the Gotengo pushes on. Compelled by Koorimaru and the Genki-Dama channeled behind Excalibur, the ship moves toward Sakin.

Sakin, meanwhile, his apparatuses ruined, turns a terrible gaze down to Genesis who had prevented him. The cylinders on her back glow, her face curling slightly in a smirk, and Destruction pours from her hands into the arm she holds with intent to sunder it and his staff from him.

She stops smirking a moment later when she realizes it has done nothing. A curious gaze overtakes her as her head cocks slightly at this unknown variable.

Sakin reaches with his free hand and grabs her head, eyes glowing.

“Begone: Shatter Field.”

A flare of unknown Angelic power pours from the hand holding her head and the sound of breaking glass can be heard. The area where Genesis once stood seems to..break, shift, and then the space is empty, the goddesss entity simply…..gone.

Sakin turns and slams his staff into the ground, the rings clattering on the loop as he plants the tip down and braces his hands against it, holding it firm in the face of the Gotengo as it roars toward him.

An unstoppable force against an unmovable object.

The challenge is obvious. One of them was going to break.
    Praxat still in her upgrade electromagnetic energy form uses her electroreception to check on everyone aboard the Coldlight.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley had neglected to aid the Coldlight with its landing, but the Galloping touched down without trouble. Parsley unbuckled her harness but didn't get up right away. Instead, she spread her senses far and wide to get a lay of the land and figure out what was happening. That included any spells Sakin may have cast. The invisibility spell - or whatever incantation Held mentioned Sakin used to render himself invisible to her senses - may not have been much of a hindrance for much longer, but it was still imperative to at least attempt to undo whatever provisions and preparations he made as a failsafe.

If nothing else, it would have made their fight a little less difficult.

Observational Focus + Toki Yo Tomare
    Sakin’s planet is weird. It doesn’t feel right, and it puts her Observational Focus on edge.

She feels and sees no traps or invisibility.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat still in her upgrade electromagnetic energy form uses her electroreception to check on everyone aboard the Coldlight.
    A lot are banged up, a lot have minor injuries, but the Coldlight is out of commission.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

As the Coldlight crash lands, and the Galloping manages to land without real damage, the Gotengo pushes on. Compelled by Koorimaru and the Genki-Dama channeled behind Excalibur, the ship moves toward Sakin.

Sakin, meanwhile, his apparatuses ruined, turns a terrible gaze down to Genesis who had prevented him. The cylinders on her back glow, her face curling slightly in a smirk, and Destruction pours from her hands into the arm she holds with intent to sunder it and his staff from him.

She stops smirking a moment later when she realizes it has done nothing. A curious gaze overtakes her as her head cocks slightly at this unknown variable.

Sakin reaches with his free hand and grabs her head, eyes glowing.

“Begone: Shatter Field.”

A flare of unknown Angelic power pours from the hand holding her head and the sound of breaking glass can be heard. The area where Genesis once stood seems to..break, shift, and then the space is empty, the goddesss entity simply…..gone.

Sakin turns and slams his staff into the ground, the rings clattering on the loop as he plants the tip down and braces his hands against it, holding it firm in the face of the Gotengo as it roars toward him.

An unstoppable force against an unmovable object.

The challenge is obvious. One of them was going to break.
    The course of the Gotengo steadied, the drill upon its nose tilting down to its ultimat destination down there upon the Forsworn World. Though it would be folly to measure any craft made by mortal hands to the divine instruments that rose out of the first creation, the vessel had borne them this far.

The light of the Genki turned; edged with the Godslayer energies, it slowly began to bite into and bore through the Corrupted Creation. Yet though the vessel pushed forward, they could feel that they, at best, could only manage a deadlock.

Through it all, as Zaofan held the stance that guided the energy of the free people of the universe and Jack anchored it to the ship's superstructure, Ochazuke had been surveying the nature of the planet and its lone native denizen below, and dared to peer further into the spiritual abyss.

Articulated upon Muhen Sekai Keihatsu, he began to peer into the leylines of the Forsworn World itself, and the confluence of energies gathered and issued here at the heart of the universe.

A lot are banged up, a lot have minor injuries, but the Coldlight is out of commission.
    Praxat focus on the ones who are bang up first. Praxat vanishes in a flash. She appears in front of ones that are banged up in a flash. Praxat then uses her Bio-Electromagnokinesis to heal them by viva control electrons to accelerate their cell divisions.

( Hmm, they're banged up, so I say that their going to age a year or more after I'm done healing them, but this is just a guess based on their injuries.) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The course of the Gotengo steadied, the drill upon its nose tilting down to its ultimat destination down there upon the Forsworn World. Though it would be folly to measure any craft made by mortal hands to the divine instruments that rose out of the first creation, the vessel had borne them this far.

The light of the Genki turned; edged with the Godslayer energies, it slowly began to bite into and bore through the Corrupted Creation. Yet though the vessel pushed forward, they could feel that they, at best, could only manage a deadlock.

Through it all, as Zaofan held the stance that guided the energy of the free people of the universe and Jack anchored it to the ship's superstructure, Ochazuke had been surveying the nature of the planet and its lone native denizen below, and dared to peer further into the spiritual abyss.

Articulated upon Muhen Sekai Keihatsu, he began to peer into the leylines of the Forsworn World itself, and the confluence of energies gathered and issued here at the heart of the universe.
    There are no leylines. Not traditional ones, at least. Nothing natural. What he sees is that the planet is a creation of Sakin’s in as much as it is his prison. It is by his will that it exits, and by that right any and all that enter it’s atmosphere are within his reach (where he himself cannot physically leave the planet).

You also realize that unless he wills it, none may leave this place.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“He will begin again. Sakin, mad as he is…….is patient. Very patient when he needs. This plan was in the making since his fleeing Justice, and he can start again. If all fall on this planet, he will simply begin the long process again. Differently, for sure, but make no mistake……he will have his Utopia or nothing.”

He puffs and looks at her.

“I am….neutral for the moment, though I feel less and less like Alakazah and more like Grinthorn. I do enjoy Earth and my farm, Goddess, as I told your prior self once long ago. Sakin…….for all my desire to be free, truly free, will destroy that.”

He watches the ongoing struggle and frowns.

“I am at war with myself. Part of me yearns for what is mine, my freedom, and the other wishes, I ironically, that Sakin will fall and the place I have learned to….appreciate…will be spared.”
    "Then he will have nothing." Efrideet said calmly. "As will anyone who seeks to deny me my rest."

This talk of Dragons, warring with the heart of a man however did little to change the direction she sought to steer this conversation. "But you'll find no sympathy with me, Eldfen. Your current neutrality does not change your past. Nor does this newfound sense of self. What you've sown, you'll also reap. How you collect, is the lingering question."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Then he will have nothing." Efrideet said calmly. "As will anyone who seeks to deny me my rest."

This talk of Dragons, warring with the heart of a man however did little to change the direction she sought to steer this conversation. "But you'll find no sympathy with me, Eldfen. Your current neutrality does not change your past. Nor does this newfound sense of self. What you've sown, you'll also reap. How you collect, is the lingering question."
    “Coming from anyone else……heh, you sound very much like the Grand Priest. I oddly miss him.”

He puffs and keeps his eyes on the spectacle.

“Give an old dragon some wisdom, Goddess. Were you in my position, Goddess……what would you do?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sakin’s planet is weird. It doesn’t feel right, and it puts her Observational Focus on edge.

She feels and sees no traps or invisibility.
    "This is Sakin's world," Parsley muttered as her immense senses scanned the perverted world created by the Fallen Angel. What she found was a realm so twisted that her senses couldn't fully grasp what she was looking at. She frowned and looked away. "No traps that I can sense, magic that is," she announced to Held. While that was a relief and one less thing to worry about for the time being, she couldn't help but feel nervous. Not having a proper lay of the land due to the makeup of the planet they were standing on had her feeling more ill-prepared than she already was.

She rose to her feet and flicked her wrist. Her ax, Piecemaker, appeared in her hand. "Let's head out there." Her senses couldn't give her a proper read on anything. When that failed, there was only one way to ascertain what Sakin was made of. Her fist clenched tightly as she began dumping God Ki into her ax. Fusing with my sister so many times was a mistake. She's rubbing off on me.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

There are no leylines. Not traditional ones, at least. Nothing natural. What he sees is that the planet is a creation of Sakin’s in as much as it is his prison. It is by his will that it exits, and by that right any and all that enter it’s atmosphere are within his reach (where he himself cannot physically leave the planet).

You also realize that unless he wills it, none may leave this place.
    "Though we merely trespass into the realm of the gods, if the Fallen One were to present himself as almighty, that would be folly. This world that was meant to guide the universe, Sakin has turned into a construct of his very will, his seat of power his prison...and now ours."

That which Sakin had beheld became his to grasp. It was etched into this place by right of primordial covenant of a celestial hierarchy he'd meant to steward. Yet though there remained the fearful impression of the mad god seeking to devour and dominate all life, one would only need to behold it in the clash of energies and the twisted space around them to know a part of Sakin's nature.

"Immortal decree set the foundations of this universe, presuming to stand atop and declare what shall be. Yet I find your vision lacking, Sakin."

Manifested as a glimpse into enlightenment, the moment of Satori guided Ochazuke as he steered the attack from the front. Though chances were dismal, by the infintesimally small range of possibilities, there remained no other chance to turn the tide. He'd known it as the drill coursed forward in a deadlock against the morbid tide under the dark command of the Angel.

He'd also carried it with them from Reshlan, lighting the way to this world. Even if the boundaries had been shuttered by Sakin's spell, heheard their voices as clearly as he ever had.

The Heka Flow had twisted about the Axis Mundi, the resonant hopes of trillions of souls remaning with all of them. Their faith would never be snuffed out so long as they would hear it, and it would bolster each and every one of them with the fortuitous will to act.

Now, the Axis rendered itself from abstraction, stirring from something invisible to a great irridiscent pillar that struck into the equator the planet as it continued to turn. On behalf of the living universe that believed in them, Ochazuke began leverage the Heka to contest Sakin's control and subsume his own energy.

"Though you have long grown deaf to it...it is the Will of the Living Universe that shall be the fulcrum by which it turns!"

“Coming from anyone else……heh, you sound very much like the Grand Priest. I oddly miss him.”

He puffs and keeps his eyes on the spectacle.

“Give an old dragon some wisdom, Goddess. Were you in my position, Goddess……what would you do?”
    "There is not much I could do," Efrideet replied after a time. "The changes done to the Universe- and the mortals that inhabit it- by your callousness, and greed while not entirely negative have been... formative. Pivotal even." Watching as they struggled so, the Gotengo ramming itself into Sakin, the Galloping doing much the same. Sensing the state of the Forsworn World, and the permanence of their current situation save for a changing of Sakin's mind. A chain of cause, and effect.

Efrideet sighed.

"By your actions, the Palatines came together, thwarted you, and in so doing... Banespell was driven to madness. In his madness, he did a great many terrible things; perpetuating the damage you caused during your 'rampage' and ultimately leading to a great many things, including to one degree or another... the betrayal and death of Inanna." She gestured at the battle. "All that said, her death, rebirth, and final death... has allowed for them to stand; and in particular... allowed for the humans, in particular, to harness the Hopes and Dreams of five Universes. Allowing them to fight, and perhaps win, the freedom of not just those Universes who have placed their trust in them. But you as well."

Though... that yet remains to be seen.

"I am not much for wisdom and deep meaning, more pragmatic in my approach; but I would attempt peace." Efrideet said, finally. "It is the only option that does not end in immediate bloodshed, and one of two options that affords some measure of personal autonomy. If it devolves into the former, it is enough that an attempt was made, and I will not be compelled to intervene."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Praxat in her upgrade electromagnetic energy form zooms around the Coldlight. Appearing next to those who are banged in a flash and stopping to use her Bio-Electromagnokinesis to heal them by viva control electrons to accelerate their cell divisions as she zooms around the Coldlight.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "There is not much I could do," Efrideet replied after a time. "The changes done to the Universe- and the mortals that inhabit it- by your callousness, and greed while not entirely negative have been... formative. Pivotal even." Watching as they struggled so, the Gotengo ramming itself into Sakin, the Galloping doing much the same. Sensing the state of the Forsworn World, and the permanence of their current situation save for a changing of Sakin's mind. A chain of cause, and effect.

Efrideet sighed.

"By your actions, the Palatines came together, thwarted you, and in so doing... Banespell was driven to madness. In his madness, he did a great many terrible things; perpetuating the damage you caused during your 'rampage' and ultimately leading to a great many things, including to one degree or another... the betrayal and death of Inanna." She gestured at the battle. "All that said, her death, rebirth, and final death... has allowed for them to stand; and in particular... allowed for the humans, in particular, to harness the Hopes and Dreams of five Universes. Allowing them to fight, and perhaps win, the freedom of not just those Universes who have placed their trust in them. But you as well."

Though... that yet remains to be seen.

"I am not much for wisdom and deep meaning, more pragmatic in my approach; but I would attempt peace." Efrideet said, finally. "It is the only option that does not end in immediate bloodshed, and one of two options that affords some measure of personal autonomy. If it devolves into the former, it is enough that an attempt was made, and I will not be compelled to intervene."
    He nods.

“Than peace it will be. I will not aid Sakin, and once this is settled…….I will hand myself over to the Earthlings.”

He breathes out a smoke cloud and tips his hat to her.

“Looks like we are in for the final show.”

He gestures at the continued struggle.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat in her upgrade electromagnetic energy form zooms around the Coldlight. Appearing next to those who are banged in a flash and stopping to use her Bio-Electromagnokinesis to heal them by viva control electrons to accelerate their cell divisions as she zooms around the Coldlight.
    With Praxat’s help, most of the badly injured are healed up and out of any mortal danger.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM