Page 72 of 137 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2041
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The battle raged on all around her, but Avoca found herself unable to move. Not because of some immobilization technique she had been struck with, or even because of injury; it was because she had come to the realization that she was entirely in over her head. The power and energy Inanna was throwing around casually was beyond anything she had ever seen in her life. She had just, literally, tore a hole in space and pulled a planet through it like it was fucking nothing. And even though she couldn't sense her power, she was pretty sure that was still only the tip of the iceberg.

She looked at her hand. Her own power was pitiful compared to some. That was nothing new. She had been lagging behind for years, despite her best efforts to keep up. It was what compelled her to hone her ki manipulation skills to the degree she had. Yet, through training with Inanna, she knew that all those techniques she spent literal years honing and perfecting were all absolutely useless. "Tch." There was basically nothing she could do that wouldn't get her killed.

And yet, she wasn't content to just stand around and do fuck all while everyone else risked their lives. She had a way to hurt Inanna without killing her - ha, fat chance of that happening even if she did intend to - but it would come at a cost. Oh well; victory didn't come free, nor did it come with some kind of risk.

She flared her aura and darted across the battlefield until she was standing next to the Fusion that was half her wife. She recognized the sparkles flitting around her and realized they had the same idea. The two glanced at each other and came to an agreement without saying a word. Each woman would have to fend for herself for the time being. If they got hit, get up, no matter how much it hurt. And timing was everything. With Inanna's ability to render repeat attacks useless, they had to coordinate it perfectly to actually put her down long enough for someone else to get some licks in.

Good thing she and Parsley had perfected the art of simultaneous explosive finishes.

Punishment of the Presumptuous
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    The next swing of Blizzar's fist had a bit more oomph behind it....but instead of aiming at the back of her head, this one was targetted at her eye with an intent to press inward with a speed and force most intense. Except, Blizzar was not present, and like before all signs of the attack vanished as quickly as it began with no sign of the Arcosian being present. His voice was heard however.

"I don't suppose this is at all inconvenient for you is it?" he inquired. "Which is a good thing. I'd rather you have your wits about you."
    Inanna doesn't respond, only grunting in annoyance, as she's punched in the eye.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    If the lightshow haden't been enough, a feeling of temporal dissonance flooded over Reshlan...along with a thrum of pressure in the air surrounded the now empowered time mage. With a gesture, Bojack is lifted from the ground at her feet and brushes along her fingertips as it ascendeds...empowering it with some form of temporal.

"Go....Bojack." Etrina whispered.

Empowered runs light up along its length, and slowly the staff begins to spin upon its center point....first in a figure 8, then faster, and faster. Becoming a blur, then a translucent sphere illuminated by a single point of light at its heart. As it rose into the air above her.
    What Etrina had done to herself was of little concern to Inanna, and the only acknowledgement of what she was doing was a cursory glance in her direction. Then, as the first waves of temporal upheaval washed over her, the Oni That Was responded.

Reaching out, hand alight in black flame... she 'consumed' the Time Magic nearest her; before returning her focus to the battle they asked for.

OT: Deconstructive Parry active, but to what end?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Default Parlada

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Prodigy's Talent

A slight blue shimmer sparkled and danced around her. Then, she laughed. "You really have no idea what's going on, do you?"
    After everything Inanna had said- alluding to the knowledge that Koorimaru held, about the missing children; her understanding of Sakin's aims- and everything Ochazuke, and Zaofan had confirmed. This was all the Fusion of Sarada, and Parsley had?

Inanna didn't even dignify this with a response. Their intentions had been made known when they fused, in the end this was merely an attempt to buy time.

So she cut right to the chase.

"Kill, or be killed. Isn't that what you think?"

Cupping her hands, energy coalesced in a familiar mixture of purified Ki, and Hakai.

"Death..."

Arx Inosaan

Default Held

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo
    Spear in hand, the Nevadian charged forth. He reared back the weapon as energy surged through it.

"Piercing Horn!"
    "... from the Dem-"

Be it calculated, or sheer dumb luck, the horn that pierced Vaikuntha was well-placed. As Inanna charged an attack that would certainly spell the end of everything; there was a sharp crack, as the Divine Spear pierced the veil, and bit deep.

"HRK-"

Attack sputtering as quickly as she summoned it, Inanna hissed in pain and clutched at the Heavenly Spear now embedded in her side.

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    After everything Inanna had said- alluding to the knowledge that Koorimaru held, about the missing children; her understanding of Sakin's aims- and everything Ochazuke, and Zaofan had confirmed. This was all the Fusion of Sarada, and Parsley had?

Inanna didn't even dignify this with a response. Their intentions had been made known when they fused, in the end this was merely an attempt to buy time.

So she cut right to the chase.

"Kill, or be killed. Isn't that what you think?"
    "Their intentions were only so they could fuse. My intentions can be whatever I see fit. If I wanted you dead, I would have tried by now," she responded. "But you didn't answer me. Am I to assume you're fine with being someone else's pawn? Again. If so, that's fine. Disappointing, but fine."

Cupping her hands, energy coalesced in a familiar mixture of purified Ki, and Hakai.

"Death..."
    Parlada had seen that attack before and knew it was bad news. Tch. Having Avoca right there meant she couldn't just worry about herself and nothing else. Even if they agreed to let the other fend for herself, she just couldn't do that.

"... from the Dem-"

Be it calculated, or sheer dumb luck, the horn that pierced Vaikuntha was well-placed. As Inanna charged an attack that would certainly spell the end of everything; there was a sharp crack, as the Divine Spear pierced the veil, and bit deep.

"HRK-"

Attack sputtering as quickly as she summoned it, Inanna hissed in pain and clutched at the Heavenly Spear now embedded in her side.
    Parlada blinked once, then twice. Her eyes fell on the familiar spear that had, quite literally, come out of the ether and punched itself into Inanna's hide. Dumb luck? Possibly. She was prepared to deal with the blast that surely would have destroyed the planet, but with Held's timely interference, she could shift her focus. Specifically to the opening that the Nevadian just so happened to give her.

Her shadow flickered and she sunk through it. An instant later, she emerged through Inanna's shadow and extended her hand. A mass of yellow tendrils extended from her fingers and wormed into the wound made by Held's spear.

Endless Suffering

"Sakin's been watching us the entire time," she said as she retreated back a safe distance and recommenced charging the white ball of ki from before. "I'm sure he's quite thrilled with your assistance. Thrilled and using the distraction to expand his plans even more. All you've done this entire time, since the moment you showed up, was help him!"

It had been explained to her what the situation was. She knew exactly what was going on. She even knew her own niece had been taken hostage. Parlada felt her teeth start grinding. "You're keeping me from saving my daughter."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    A trickle, then a stream of energy seems to slowly build up as the Genki gathers once more, the Threshlings once more giving all they had.

A faint silver butterfly lands on ZaofanÂ’s shoulder and warmth blossoms through him as energy pours into him from distant Earth.
    For a moment, there was nothing but the noise of shattered time above, accented with show of power Inanna revealed of the Destroyer she continued to suppress.

He'd already asked much of the Royal Knights when the Gotengo descended through the Stalker's Storm; a raise in the morale, they took heart, and by that illumination in their darkest moment, reinvigoration as he received their faith. To call upon them twice on the heels of the broken covenant to save this planet, he wasn't surprised there'd be no response.

Please... He reached, straining towards Illargi, searching desperately for that last bit of grace from the people of Reshlan he'd squandered.

Then slowly, miniscule motes of energy began to make their way down from the stratosphere, and Zaofan found himself exceedingly humbled.

"...they heard me," he said, "This whole time, I thought even if they hadn't the power, they could believe in how I had faith in their resolve..."

Ochazuke's eyes narrowed. Surveying the sky through the planet's leylines themselves, he'd followed the pace of the battle and sounded out what he'd seen over the communicators.

"Timestreams are pooling together behind Etrina's spell. I've no idea what she's conjured, but the threads of Fate converging into a fixed path for those who would defy destiny will scarcely be convincing. I'm certain the mage knows this as well. Nevertheless...Inanna remains wounded, and this is not to our advantage."

As he spoke, the energy gathered to Zaofan's hands amassed into a small globe. Though it was a pittance compared to the rallied spirits of the warriors standing against the demon hordes of She Who Stalks, to his sensibilities this was immeasurably heavier. The last thing I can do to help the Threshlings...it's all riding on this.

The pressure he'd felt was shared, of course, but to weild the Genki Dama like this put upon him a unique pressure that test both his patience and his resolve. Both virtues had waned through the hours of combat, and so unworthy had he felt that fearful thoughts took him. I can't deliver...what difference would it make if I diverted this energy and returned it to the planet...?

But when the silver butterfly landed upon his shoulder, the thoughts of fleeing back home were allayed by thoughts of home and all the familiar souls carrying their will towards him. Somehow they, too had heard the call, and offered him a portion of their spirit, and falling into harmony he straightened up and was astounded by the new font of strength behind it.

"Do you think they'd ever forget what you've done for them, Zaofan?" Ochazuke put his hand to his shoulder opposite to Evangeline's proxy, and pushing Kei'i-Ken* through them, increased his focus at this critical juncture.

"Fear poisons the minds of any rational being, gods and mortals alike. From the highest reaches of the cosmic sphere to the lowest atavistic nadir, that savagery steals away with all aspirations to descend to the worst of a cruel, brutal nature."

Flicking the Nunchaku in his other hand, with a gesture the Forger's Hammer resolved itself from this form, then faded to the ether, leaving it empty.

"But you've shown them what it means to believe in another. The universe knows they shall not stand alone."

Zaofan's eyes widened as he exchanged a look with Ochazuke.

"...so...it...has begun?"

"It's been in motion since we'd left Earth to pursue the Stalker."

Twice, then, that the Threshlings would know it this very day. But right now, it was not truly them that needed saving.

"The universe stands with us as they're watching. And I will be damned if they witness a betrayal."

OOC:
    Kei'i-Ken: Focus has been enhanced for the execution of the next move!
    Genki: Zaofan has rallied energy from civilians from Reshlan and Earth!
    Heka: As Zaofan has lost faith in himself, the dream shared with the Universe still believes in him!
    ??? Ochazuke's technique charge: 7/5 (?!)

Tasure had stood by to watch this fight unfold. Under normal circumstances, she'd relish the chance to test her mettle against Inanna. She was strong as hell, after all, though Tasure, being unable to actually sense her, didn't know how strong. Didn't matter at this point, since she had no interest in a stupid, pointless battle like this.

She didn't have the marvelous eyes of a Nevadian, the incredible insight of Ochazuke, or the keen observational skills of Parsley, and to be frank, she could be downright inept when it came to personal matters (she liked to think she was getting better, but undoing the effects of old saiyan culture and her parents' even-less-stellar-than-hers parenting "skills" was an ongoing process), but she did have more battle experience than the rest of this group... save Inanna, perhaps.

She knew battle. Lived it. Even more than your average saiyan. Whether or not that was a good thing, she didn't know, but combined with her lack of emotional investment in this whole matter, it gave her... perspective.

Inanna was strong, that much was clear, and while she couldn't sense her at all, just from watching, her estimation was that, on an individual basis, she could have killed those engaging her with relative ease. And yet, she hadn't. Except for the Majin, but she would be worried about someone that didn't consider killing that thing after knowing it long enough...

Regardless, Tasure was fairly certain that, besides Sasheem, Inanna was merely engaging in self-defense. For now. The longer this wore on, and the more the others resolved to kill her, the more likely that would change. This recent... whatever the hell had happened just now with Vaikuntha was just another nudge in that direction.

Odd for Nevanlinna to miscalculate, but she supposed no plan survived contact with her boy. Speaking of...

A burst of energy emerged from space as her boy... pretty much did what Inanna did and tore a hole from Vaikuntha back into the real world. He looked less woozy than when he'd left, but distinctly more shaken and confused.

"...told you. Should've tried talking to her before going for that grandiose bullshit," said Tasure, whose eyes were fixed on Ilargi. She could sense the kids and their guardians there, for a moment, and then... they were gone. Had the same thing happened to them as had happened to her own family?

No, her ki sensing was pretty damn good, and she didn't sense anything amiss. They probably had devices to transport themselves around the saiyan empire, and considering all the insane bullshit going on, it was probably safer anywhere in the empire than on or near this increasingly-destroyed world... ignoring Sakin's minions. "So, what did you even do?"

"Exactly what Neva asked me to, but then, uh... Vaikuntha itself talked to me and it, uh, wanted to expend itself and die? Well, not entirely, just the mind or soul of it."

Tasure remained silent for a moment, listening to yet more ridiculous nonsense that she was sure was absolutely true, because her boy was truthful to a fault. She sighed.

"I see. So even places can be dumbasses," she said. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given how this day has been. Anyway, we've got a problem."

"...uh, yeah, even I--"

"Not Inanna. The kids were being protected in Vaikuntha, and the moment Ilargi was ripped from that dimension, they transported themselves to one of the Saiyan worlds. Sarada would be my guess."

Totoma remained silent for a moment, and then his eyes widened when he realized the implication. "...and all of the Saiyan Empire's strongest fighters are here. Sarada, Parsley, uh... the one with the big b--"

"Avoca."

"Right, Avoca," said Totoma. "So what's the plan?"

Tasure remained silent for a moment. "I don't have any stake in this, and I'd rather not have any more mothers go through... losing their family, temporary as it is. Do what you want, I'm going to keep an eye on those kids."

Made sense to him. It would be kind of... ya know, bad if they all fought so hard to keep those kids safe, only for them to get napped, anyway. Before he could answer, however...

"Oh, um, hey... mind if I tag along?" said a voice from behind them, a rather formidable ki simply... appearing? Both mother and son turned to face the newcomer, finding that the source of a voice was a... mid-teens saiyan? She looked familiar to Totoma, but he couldn't quite place it, but then his mother sighed and spoke up.

"Tch, Seri... didn't Neva explicitly forbid you from going to Ilargi alone?"

Seri smiled and grinned. "Yep, but I got curious and wanted to catch up to my friends, sooo...."

"...hm. And the instant transmission?"

"Ehe... Parsley was my teacher for a while--maybe I picked up a few of her habits? Took me a while to figure out, and I can't jump too far, but, um... are you mad I copied it?"

Tasure chuckled. "Mad? No, I'm impressed. Good job. And fine... let's go." Tasure put her hand on Seri's... arm, as the girl was now taller than her, and her fingers to her forehead. She gave one last look at Totoma. "Don't die."

And with that, Tasure and Seri's forms blurred, as they teleported to Sarada, leaving Totoma alone on the blasted world of Reshlan.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    For a moment, there was nothing but the noise of shattered time above, accented with show of power Inanna revealed of the Destroyer she continued to suppress.

He'd already asked much of the Royal Knights when the Gotengo descended through the Stalker's Storm; a raise in the morale, they took heart, and by that illumination in their darkest moment, reinvigoration as he received their faith. To call upon them twice on the heels of the broken covenant to save this planet, he wasn't surprised there'd be no response.

Please... He reached, straining towards Illargi, searching desperately for that last bit of grace from the people of Reshlan he'd squandered.

Then slowly, miniscule motes of energy began to make their way down from the stratosphere, and Zaofan found himself exceedingly humbled.

"...they heard me," he said, "This whole time, I thought even if they hadn't the power, they could believe in how I had faith in their resolve..."

Ochazuke's eyes narrowed. Surveying the sky through the planet's leylines themselves, he'd followed the pace of the battle and sounded out what he'd seen over the communicators.

"Timestreams are pooling together behind Etrina's spell. I've no idea what she's conjured, but the threads of Fate converging into a fixed path for those who would defy destiny will scarcely be convincing. I'm certain the mage knows this as well. Nevertheless...Inanna remains wounded, and this is not to our advantage."

As he spoke, the energy gathered to Zaofan's hands amassed into a small globe. Though it was a pittance compared to the rallied spirits of the warriors standing against the demon hordes of She Who Stalks, to his sensibilities this was immeasurably heavier. The last thing I can do to help the Threshlings...it's all riding on this.

The pressure he'd felt was shared, of course, but to weild the Genki Dama like this put upon him a unique pressure that test both his patience and his resolve. Both virtues had waned through the hours of combat, and so unworthy had he felt that fearful thoughts took him. I can't deliver...what difference would it make if I diverted this energy and returned it to the planet...?

But when the silver butterfly landed upon his shoulder, the thoughts of fleeing back home were allayed by thoughts of home and all the familiar souls carrying their will towards him. Somehow they, too had heard the call, and offered him a portion of their spirit, and falling into harmony he straightened up and was astounded by the new font of strength behind it.

"Do you think they'd ever forget what you've done for them, Zaofan?" Ochazuke put his hand to his shoulder opposite to Evangeline's proxy, and pushing Kei'i-Ken* through them, increased his focus at this critical juncture.

"Fear poisons the minds of any rational being, gods and mortals alike. From the highest reaches of the cosmic sphere to the lowest atavistic nadir, that savagery steals away with all aspirations to descend to the worst of a cruel, brutal nature."

Flicking the Nunchaku in his other hand, with a gesture the Forger's Hammer resolved itself from this form, then faded to the ether, leaving it empty.

"But you've shown them what it means to believe in another. The universe knows they shall not stand alone."

Twice, then, that the Threshlings would know it this very day. But right now, it was not truly them that needed saving.

"The universe stands with us as they're watching. And I will be damned if they witness a betrayal."

OOC:
    Kei'i-Ken: Focus has been enhanced for the execution of the next move!
    Genki: Zaofan has rallied energy from civilians from Reshlan and Earth!
    Heka: As Zaofan has lost faith in himself, the dream shared with the Universe still believes in him!
    ??? Ochazuke's technique charge: 7/5 (?!)
    Totoma was left standing, alone, after his mother and Seri left. He wasn't sure what Ilargi was or how it could allow Seri to go from a pre-teen to a teen, but it honestly didn't matter at this point. All he knew was that he had pretty much fucked up twice, in a major way, in this fight. Might be better to just sit things out and let the others handle things.

Make no mistake, he wanted to help. He didn't know Inanna too well--even less than when she had gone by Ishtar--but he didn't want her to die, and he didn't understand why this was even happening. He'd done the Kizuna with Vaikuntha because Inanna was strong and he was afraid she'd kill the others, accidentally or otherwise... and the... spirit or whatever of Vaikuntha, when he'd made contact, seemed to be legitimately suffering.

But everything he'd done had just made things worse.

Ground and rubble crunching beneath his boots--well, one of his boots was destroyed at this point, so it was boots and bare feet--he made his way towards... ah, it was Zao-san and Mr. Ochazuke. The former seemed... well, not in Inanna's clutches and healed, somewhat. Good... he was relieved.

Having used his psychic powers so much today, he'd grown into them in a trial-by-fire sort of way, and could feel emotions coming off the exhausted men. Especially Zao-san.

Trepidation? Doubt... and then hope?

Of everyone here, Zao-san was trying the hardest to solve this crisis, and seemed to be having the most success. Although at this point, everything else had pushed this situation to the breaking point. Or... perhaps a point of divergence? He didn't know. It felt hopeless, but that may just be his repeated failures today weighing on him.

Totoma sighed and slapped his cheeks. What was he even saying? He was an idiot, yeah, but he was not a quitter. Not anymore... even if he had to bash his head against a problem until something gave way, he'd never give up! Saiyans never gave up! He never gave up. Or maybe Zao-san's resurgent hope was bleeding over.

Ya know what, it doesn't matter.

Approaching the two, he placed his hand on the White Knight of Reshlan's shoulder, attempting to reassure him. Not that Zao-san really needed the encouragement at this pointt, but he... had blown him off a lot this day, letting his saiyan instincts get the better of him and moving from battle to battle without much of a care. Guess... he just wanted Zao-san to know he was sorry and still here for him, for whatever that meant.

...probably not the time, but timing was never his strong suit.

From what he could gather, Zaofan was attempting to form that Spirit Bomb technique. As good a choice in this situation as any, given how effective a technique that was and how dire the situation was.

"So I'm just going to assume this, uh, falling out with Inanna happened while I was dead. I really didn't expect things to turn out... like this when she showed up," said Totoma. Of course, he wouldn't have expected Mr Ochazuke to attack first, though he knew the man wouldn't do so without a good reason. A reason born out of the context the Just Saiyan clearly didn't have.

Turns out you miss some thing being dead or or dealing with the consequences of your own actions.

Hoo boy did he owe Karine and the kids a lengthy explanation and apology for literally the entire last year.

"Anyway, I... well, okay, Inanna's strong, and normally I'd be psyched to fight someone like her, but this is getting out of control, and I don't want anyone to die. Not us, and not Inanna. Especially not..."

He paused momentarily, his heart clenching. The longer this dragged on, the longer Karine, the kids, his father, and kid brother were in danger.

"...I've got an entire family counting on me to rescue them, and trust me, I'd be lying if I claimed that wasn't at the front of my mind, but Inanna needs help, too. I saw you trying your damndest to get through to her, Zao-san, even when it left you bloodied and broken, and I know you wouldn't have chosen this course of action if you felt you had any other solution, Mr. Ochazuke. My own attempts to... help were, um... rebuffed, let's just put it that way."

His mother was right, he had been a bit grandiose lately. Not that he wasn't a threatrical sort of guy, but even for him, he'd been particularly showy and... careless. Arrogant, even. Hitozaru'd had issues with Saiyan instrincts flaring up and clouding one's judgement, so maybe this form shared that issue. Not that he had time to really figure that out, given the circumstances.

"I want to help, but the only options I have left on my own are 'punch with energy boars' and 'Kamehameha until something gives', and even I know that this isn't a scenario brute force is gonna solve." At least not in a way that wouldn't leave regrets for a long time to come. "I'd like to try combining... whatever I can offer with your efforts. Energy, Kizuna... heck, even just providing a distraction to keep the heat off you. Name it, it's yours."

"..."

"...even the muffin button, though I'm not sure how that'd help in this situation."

Maybe when Inanna had just arrived, but for some reason he'd been in kind of a daze then. Weird.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 05-02-2022 at 11:35 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Paraxt keeps pushing her electroreception. ( It would be easier to analyze info if that damn massive disturbance of energy wasn't in the way,) Paraxt thought

As Paraxt, who is still in Overclock, is doing this, she uses her bio-electromagnokinesis in creative ways to support her fellow M fighters. Praxat in Overlock pushes her electroreception and herself to support her fellow M fighters to the point where blood drips from her nostrils. ( The Electromagnetic force. The force that governs electromagnetic radiation, all of chemistry, most of mechanics, electricity, and magnetism,) Praxat thought.

( The force that allows atoms to bond to form molecules. It's a force that shouldn't be abused if controlled, That's what Uncle Bullick told me. That statement applies to the rest of the three other fundamental forces strong force, weak force, and gravity as well. The electromagnetic force is the force I control with my bio-electromagnokinesis, and I'm using it to support my allies,) Praxat thought.

(Hmm, that's not quite right. Gravity isn't a true fundamental force. It's a fictitious force. There's no such thing as a gravitational force,) Praxat thought.

( Gravity is the curvature of spacetime. This is what I know about gravity from what I have read and learned about it. The true fourth fundamental force is actually quantum gravity, or more technically the quantum force ) Praxat thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-03-2022 at 04:34 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

What Etrina had done to herself was of little concern to Inanna, and the only acknowledgement of what she was doing was a cursory glance in her direction. Then, as the first waves of temporal upheaval washed over her, the Oni That Was responded.

Reaching out, hand alight in black flame... she 'consumed' the Time Magic nearest her; before returning her focus to the battle they asked for.

OT: Deconstructive Parry active, but to what end?
    The spark of black flame, even from such a distance, didn't escape Etrinas eye. The Mage smiled ever so slightly.

...and then took to the skies as a white comet.

With her bright light shining behind it, Empowered Bojack was akin to a dark eclipse as it approached the site of the battle. The air hummed with the sound of its unnaturally fast rotation, growing in intensity as it drew closer. It arrived not a moment after Inanna had been stabbed by the divine spear....and while the opening it offered was tempting, it halted a fair distance away and just hovered in place as the scene played out.

As Etrina blazed by, Zaofan would catch the mage throwing him a warm smile...even among the brilliance of her current form.

And that wasn't all.....four small lights detached from her form as she shot by, spreading out over the battlefield....only when one approached them did both Ochazuke and Zaofan realize it was a Foci, awash with temporal energy and glowing a brilliant golden yellow. It was almost impossible to tell which foci it was in its current state.

"Sup bitches."

Well.....almost.

With a burst of temporal power, both fighters would find any remaining wounds, fatigue, even clothes wear and tear....were slowly reversed.

"The Cavalry is here." The foci proclaimed with a wink. "Your welcome."

*Empowered Foci have spread across the field to assist as support. Use responsibly.*

Astonishing Member

"... from the Dem-"

"HRK-"

The Nevadian sighed in relief as the barrier between Vaikuntha and Reshlan was pierced, Held himself passing through with little fanfare.

The light of the planet obscured his vision for a moment as he acclimatized himself to it once more. He breathed deeply of the Reshlanian air.

It took a mere second to realize that the scent of blood was carried on the wind. Lots of it. The varieties were so various as to mask the specifics of each species, the smell coming off as nothing more and an amalgamation of blood and viscera.

He frowned. Something was off.

It took yet another second to realize there was suddenly an additional point of resistance at the end of his spear. His vision had returned, and the outlines of a familiar horned silhouette became visible.

They were clearly--and understandably--displeased at the spear that had pierced them.

".....Inanna?" There was no mistaking it. Her energy signature was as unique as her appearance.

Embarassment and Shock were his first reactions. He had hardly intended to hit her, after all. But, she was as durable as they came, and it would be a simple matter for Held to undo the---

What the hell?

His embarrassment than transformed to horror as his peripheral vision painted the whole picture for him. His allies, broken and bruised all around him as they steeled themselves to continue a battle.

Judging from the nexus point on which their vision converged, the Nevadian reached his conclusion instantaneously.

...They're fighting Inanna? But why.....Is this why everything went topsy-turvy?

The Nevadian pulled back his spear, retracting it from the wound as he began to descend, a bit faster than he would normally---more a confused retreat than the natural consequence of gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    she emerged through Inanna's shadow and extended her hand. A mass of yellow tendrils extended from her fingers and wormed into the wound made by Held's spear.

Endless Suffering

"Sakin's been watching us the entire time," she said as she retreated back a safe distance and recommenced charging the white ball of ki from before. "I'm sure he's quite thrilled with your assistance. Thrilled and using the distraction to expand his plans even more. All you've done this entire time, since the moment you showed up, was help him!"

It had been explained to her what the situation was. She knew exactly what was going on. She even knew her own niece had been taken hostage. Parlada felt her teeth start grinding. "You're keeping me from saving my daughter."
    From what little he could glean, his conclusion seemed to be spot on. Whoever it was attacking Inanna confirmed as much. Something had apparently gone terribly wrong in the span of time Held had vanished.

Which, was hardly a new occurrence. Still no less annoying, however.

"....You have to be kidding me." Held murmured to himself, still finding his way on the battlefield.

He sighed, spotting Ocha and Zao a distance away, battered and bruised, preparing...something. Held had seen it before, the odd energies very presence serving to confirm his fear. It was anything but a trivial party favor the two sought to bring to bear.

This doesn't make any sense. Is she being controlled or something?

Held turned his head, searching for Sarada. If anyone could explain this, Held imagined she would be able to muster something resembling an explanation.

Of course, The Nevadian got the vague impression that this may be a secondary concern. Between the two parties assembled, Inanna looked to have given better than she got.

....Good Grief...
    Last edited by Miburo; 05-03-2022 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Having used his psychic powers so much today, he'd grown into them in a trial-by-fire sort of way, and could feel emotions coming off the exhausted men. Especially Zao-san.

Trepidation? Doubt... and then hope?

Of everyone here, Zao-san was trying the hardest to solve this crisis, and seemed to be having the most success. Although at this point, everything else had pushed this situation to the breaking point. Or... perhaps a point of divergence? He didn't know. It felt hopeless, but that may just be his repeated failures today weighing on him.

Totoma sighed and slapped his cheeks. What was he even saying? He was an idiot, yeah, but he was not a quitter. Not anymore... even if he had to bash his head against a problem until something gave way, he'd never give up! Saiyans never gave up! He never gave up. Or maybe Zao-san's resurgent hope was bleeding over.

Ya know what, it doesn't matter.

Approaching the two, he placed his hand on the White Knight of Reshlan's shoulder, attempting to reassure him. Not that Zao-san really needed the encouragement at this pointt, but he... had blown him off a lot this day, letting his saiyan instincts get the better of him and moving from battle to battle without much of a care. Guess... he just wanted Zao-san to know he was sorry and still here for him, for whatever that meant.

...probably not the time, but timing was never his strong suit.

From what he could gather, Zaofan was attempting to form that Spirit Bomb technique. As good a choice in this situation as any, given how effective a technique that was and how dire the situation was.

"So I'm just going to assume this, uh, falling out with Inanna happened while I was dead. I really didn't expect things to turn out... like this when she showed up," said Totoma. Of course, he wouldn't have expected Mr Ochazuke to attack first, though he knew the man wouldn't do so without a good reason. A reason born out of the context the Just Saiyan clearly didn't have.

Turns out you miss some thing being dead or or dealing with the consequences of your own actions.

Hoo boy did he owe Karine and the kids a lengthy explanation and apology for literally the entire last year.

"Anyway, I... well, okay, Inanna's strong, and normally I'd be psyched to fight someone like her, but this is getting out of control, and I don't want anyone to die. Not us, and not Inanna. Especially not..."

He paused momentarily, his heart clenching. The longer this dragged on, the longer Karine, the kids, his father, and kid brother were in danger.

"...I've got an entire family counting on me to rescue them, and trust me, I'd be lying if I claimed that wasn't at the front of my mind, but Inanna needs help, too. I saw you trying your damndest to get through to her, Zao-san, even when it left you bloodied and broken, and I know you wouldn't have chosen this course of action if you felt you had any other solution, Mr. Ochazuke. My own attempts to... help were, um... rebuffed, let's just put it that way."

His mother was right, he had been a bit grandiose lately. Not that he wasn't a threatrical sort of guy, but even for him, he'd been particularly showy and... careless. Arrogant, even. Hitozaru'd had issues with Saiyan instrincts flaring up and clouding one's judgement, so maybe this form shared that issue. Not that he had time to really figure that out, given the circumstances.

"I want to help, but the only options I have left on my own are 'punch with energy boars' and 'Kamehameha until something gives', and even I know that this isn't a scenario brute force is gonna solve." At least not in a way that wouldn't leave regrets for a long time to come. "I'd like to try combining... whatever I can offer with your efforts. Energy, Kizuna... heck, even just providing a distraction to keep the heat off you. Name it, it's yours."

"..."

"...even the muffin button, though I'm not sure how that'd help in this situation."

Maybe when Inanna had just arrived, but for some reason he'd been in kind of a daze then. Weird.

"...the...muffin button...? You don't get to joke! Not now! Not ever!"

As Zaofan spoke, the flow of Reshlan's energy to his call shook through the air, and the whisps that fell like a thin snow in the energy stream quaked. Though Tasure had asked for his consideration before they left Earth, right now, innumerable implosions of pent up frustration rose to match that small turn of hope within him, and only swelled further as he turned his head away and back up to the sky.

"You've changed. Auburn fur or real gorilla's chest, you couldn't care less about where you come from. Your family lived on Earth you know. Did you forget that when you dropped that vampire on the Lookout and left us behind? Again?!"

His voice raised. and the light of the Threshling people split like cold lightning as their energy thinned. Zaofan's shoulders stiffened under an unseen weight . Were his hands not raised, it was quite telling what he would have done, but for the martial discipline instilled into his bones.

"What about doing your part? That's the only thing that's ever been on your mind! You...reckless child~!!!"

Resetting himself with a breath, Zaofan's stance loosened, the spiritual particles softened, and the Threshling Genki mobilized in a thin trickle once more.

"Did you know the nature of her malady or did you presume to know her pain as if it was your own? Zaofan was the only one that bothered to hear what she'd asked."

As he spoke, what emotional pretenses could hardly be said to exist beyond a strange paradox set within Ochazuke's mind. The information weaved around and through him, like strands of knotted roots and spectral webs surrounding and binding him to his surroundings.

"That's twice now I've gotten close enough to cross hands with her. Only then has it become clear, though perhaps it is not what we'd expected. For all this, she still has her pride intact, and it is by this alone that Reshlan remains whole enough for us to act upon it. Though to see into the mind's eye is no a paltry thing. Why ask for one's thoughts when it makes passing judgment easier to peer within?"

Brokered by his Meditation Field, where it swept along the entirely of the planet guided by the beating heart of its Leylines out to the precipice of yawning terror in the shattered space where Parlada fought Inanna, there was scarcely an analogue in ordinary faculty, producing a deafening silence, build of everything encased only by an impenetrable stillness of focus.

"Only, that will not do when seized of an illiterate nature. Remove the connection it shall create only distance, even for those fighters who would presume to be heroes."

If there was an intention revealed, outside of his words it all but was obfuscated by the moment; Yet beset by calamity from all sides, it was as if he had become nothing, yet made inseparable from it all the same.

"The foundation of Kizuna is what you choose to take upon yourself. Certainly it has its uses...if the the goal is sequester power where bonds are set for true. Did you ask Inanna what she needed? Did she answer you before you'd offered it to her?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 05-03-2022 at 10:07 PM.

The spark of black flame, even from such a distance, didn't escape Etrinas eye. The Mage smiled ever so slightly.

...and then took to the skies as a white comet.

With her bright light shining behind it, Empowered Bojack was akin to a dark eclipse as it approached the site of the battle. The air hummed with the sound of its unnaturally fast rotation, growing in intensity as it drew closer. It arrived not a moment after Inanna had been stabbed by the divine spear....and while the opening it offered was tempting, it halted a fair distance away and just hovered in place as the scene played out.

As Etrina blazed by, Zaofan would catch the mage throwing him a warm smile...even among the brilliance of her current form.
    Zaofan looked up at Etrina. He locked eyes with her as she passed and for an instant everything seemed to melt away.

Oh...she has my staff...how'd that get there...?

In fact, he'd become so entranced by the grace of her strange temporal veil, to say he'd been lost in the moment would be quite the understatement. As they lingered in the present moment, time turned backward...he his eyes swell shut and his nose break and unbreak again, seeing stars for a moment, then with a clarity he'd lost.

What are we doing here...?

Then it dawned on him that she was headed off to confront Inanna.

"Darling wait- WAIT!"

However one measures the length of a moment, even for a Time Mage and those close to her, they would never be long enough.

And that wasn't all.....four small lights detached from her form as she shot by, spreading out over the battlefield....only when one approached them did both Ochazuke and Zaofan realize it was a Foci, awash with temporal energy and glowing a brilliant golden yellow. It was almost impossible to tell which foci it was in its current state.

"Sup bitches."

Well.....almost.

With a burst of temporal power, both fighters would find any remaining wounds, fatigue, even clothes wear and tear....were slowly reversed.

"The Cavalry is here." The foci proclaimed with a wink. "Your welcome."

*Empowered Foci have spread across the field to assist as support. Use responsibly.*
    "...White. What a fortunate turn,"

Ochazuke glowered humourlessly, his tone nearing the edge of sarcasm. For him, though the wounds mended and the torn seams reversed their broken stitches, there had already been something lost he would not recover.

Nevertheless, he continued to address both the magical proxy and the Just Saiyan.

"You might consider what it would mean to offer violence and power to one called Destroyer. Why would a threat sway her judgment any more than it had She Who Stalks? Yet between her barbs, the abandon, Inanna asked why should she let us live. Sakin has had little part in this, despite all appearances. The heart of the issue is precisely that she stands outside of it."

And so Ochazuke posed this question to any gathered here or across the communication band.

"It is not enough merely to survive if nothing will change and godhead seized by different hands. What is the better universe you are fighting for? Can you give it to her?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 05-03-2022 at 10:03 PM.

( My answer to that is I'm just doing what I think is right. I'm following my heart and pushing towards a better future. Whatever that better future may be,) Praxat thought.

( As long as the voice inside me says, keep moving forward. That's what I'm going to do, keep moving forward to a better future,) Praxat thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-07-2022 at 04:02 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.