Page 81 of 137 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2041

Hanuman.

Narayana had called him... Hanuman. Not Totoma, his saiyan name. Not Rousong, his human name. Not some sort of... nickname.

Hanuman.

It was a name he'd never heard before, and yet, it was familiar. Totoma couldn't place why, but... it was achingly familiar.

More bullshit about himself to unravel. Great. And just when he'd reached a point where he felt he was done with all that.

It would probably have to wait until after the fight with Sakin. After all, he didn't have months to take a n--meditate on the matter. Not like he'd even know where to... start.

...hm.

They probably had a couple hours before they set out for Sakin's planet, he figured? Neva mentioned sending some knights along with them, and it would probably take them a bit to organize and recuperate from the battle they'd just left. Never mind their own fatigue and injuries. Demons, a God of Destruction, Inanna... today had been tiring. So tiring that he really didn't want to do anything except take a nap, but...

Standing up, he walked over to Zaofan and Eva, addressing the latter with almost uncharacteristic seriousness. "...Eva, can I ask a favor of you? Can I use that room on the lookout? Not the time chamber, but the one that allows one to travel to the past, mentally, at least? There's... something I want to... need to do." It probably wouldn't work, but Hanuman was such a unique name that maybe if he focused the chamber on it, it'd bring up something?

"Shouldn't take too long, I hope," he said.

He had, however, overlooked one key detail in his tiredness--he couldn't just zip to Earth from Reshlan like his mom. And even then, she could only pull stuff like that off if she had an energy signature to home in on,usually his or dad's. "...crap, with you as drained as you are, it'd be rude to ask you to teleport me, especially since Reshlan is iso far away from Earth."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

Upon hearing that Nevan was okay, Sarada nodded once. The original mission she had Neva had when they reached Reshlan had been accomplished. Nevan was safe, which would have been one less hostage for Sakin to hold over their heads. It was a moot point since his plans had changed to drastically, but still. “Good. I’ll have to speak with her once this is all over.

Once the conversation shifted toward Vaikuntha, she frowned. She knew nothing of this “Preserver”, “Narayana”, or anything like that. She just assumed it was a funky realm that had some very weird and magical properties, but apparently, it was actually a person? That Totoma killed?

That explained why Inanna freaked out and literally ripped Ilargi out and set it within Reshlan’s orbit. Hence, Sarada’s thoughts immediately went to New Turrip. “There’s a city of Saiyans still in Vaikuntha. Will they be able to leave without hassle?” Or are they trapped forever was left unsaid but strongly implied.
    Ah, so Sarada was concerned about her people that, upon the destruction of their planet and subsequent resurrection (...that was it, yes? from her point of view, that had been centuries ago), she had offered them refuge in Vaikuntha. Reasonable, and expected from the Saiyan monarch. She closed her eyes and probed her connection with Vaikuntha.

It still existed, but was weakened. Given a bit of time, however, it could be reinforced and...

"Mm, yes, do not worry. I will be able to retrieve them soon," she said, opening her eyes. "And intend to do so, as I need to ascertain the extent of the damage there and... begin the work of restoration. I'd rather not have any potential, mm, collateral damage, should I tighten the wrong metaphysical screw too tightly."

In her estimation, there was little risk--Vaikuntha was, as a rule, inherently stable, but one could not be too careful. And besides...

As she understood it, these saiyans were of a more intellectual bent than the rest of their race, and beyond that, stronger than average. Likely due to less stress and better training methods. Having them around to bolster Reshlan's defenses while most of the Elite Knights were off helping the M fighters against Sakin would make both herself and her people feel better. And...

"If you could spare them, I would like them to reinforce my people's defense while our Elites are helping against Sakin," she said. "Beyond that, I believe that they'd make for a good... first contact between my people and yours, on a larger scale than before. Many of my people still consider saiyans to be brutes--well-meaning brutes, mind, but brutes nonetheless--and I believe meeting a group of saiyans who possess a more... cerebral lifestyle, while also being powerful warriors, may help alleviate that misconception."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Praxat turns on her GP communicatior and contacts her fellow Toadians in the GP." My fellow Todainans are homeworld Qaceria has been destroyed. The person responsible for it's destruction Sakin. Now we shouldn't just sit back, we should take action," Praxat said.

" Sakin needs to pay, so let's take the fight to him. We should join forces with the Saiyans, the Intoadians and etc. I have a feeling the Intoadians lost their homeworld Amperior, but they remained, "Paraxt said.

" Sure one of them my grandmother start a war and tired to wipe out half of life on Qaceria in the past. However we should'nt judge them base on the actions of one person. Now isn't the time to be petty," Praxat said.

"Okay, everyone listen I can use my bio-electromagnokinesis for healing. This is something I learn how o do, So I'm offer healing to anyone who needs it. Warning what I learn comes at a price depending how severe the injuries are," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-13-2022 at 08:24 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Standing up, he walked over to Zaofan and Eva, addressing the latter with almost uncharacteristic seriousness. "...Eva, can I ask a favor of you? Can I use that room on the lookout? Not the time chamber, but the one that allows one to travel to the past, mentally, at least? There's... something I want to... need to do." It probably wouldn't work, but Hanuman was such a unique name that maybe if he focused the chamber on it, it'd bring up something?

He had, however, overlooked one key detail in his tiredness--he couldn't just zip to Earth from Reshlan like his mom. And even then, she could only pull stuff like that off if she had an energy signature to home in on,usually his or dad's. "...crap, with you as drained as you are, it'd be rude to ask you to teleport me, especially since Reshlan is iso far away from Earth."
    Sarada’s brow furrowed in bewilderment. It sounded like whatever Totoma “needed” to do, he intended on doing it right then and there. Meaning he wanted to leave Reshlan to head back to Earth and use the White/Gold room. Which was completely fine if he didn’t consider the safety of his family and saving the universe from complete annihilation a top priority. And given how Saiyan men were, he probably didn’t.

“Idiot,” she grunted, “where the fuck do you think you’re going? Because if it doesn’t have anything to do with beating Sakin and saving our families, it can wait.”

Ah, so Sarada was concerned about her people that, upon the destruction of their planet and subsequent resurrection (...that was it, yes? from her point of view, that had been centuries ago), she had offered them refuge in Vaikuntha. Reasonable, and expected from the Saiyan monarch. She closed her eyes and probed her connection with Vaikuntha.

It still existed, but was weakened. Given a bit of time, however, it could be reinforced and...

"Mm, yes, do not worry. I will be able to retrieve them soon," she said, opening her eyes. "And intend to do so, as I need to ascertain the extent of the damage there and... begin the work of restoration. I'd rather not have any potential, mm, collateral damage, should I tighten the wrong metaphysical screw too tightly."

In her estimation, there was little risk--Vaikuntha was, as a rule, inherently stable, but one could not be too careful. And besides...

As she understood it, these saiyans were of a more intellectual bent than the rest of their race, and beyond that, stronger than average. Likely due to less stress and better training methods. Having them around to bolster Reshlan's defenses while most of the Elite Knights were off helping the M fighters against Sakin would make both herself and her people feel better. And...

"If you could spare them, I would like them to reinforce my people's defense while our Elites are helping against Sakin," she said. "Beyond that, I believe that they'd make for a good... first contact between my people and yours, on a larger scale than before. Many of my people still consider saiyans to be brutes--well-meaning brutes, mind, but brutes nonetheless--and I believe meeting a group of saiyans who possess a more... cerebral lifestyle, while also being powerful warriors, may help alleviate that misconception."
    “Good.” It was about time the Turripians rejoined the rest of the Empire anyway. They had been isolated for a few years and had been missing out on pretty much everything. Plus, they could really use whatever innovations and inventions they managed to conjure up in Vaikuntha. “I appreciate it.”

With their release settled, she moved on to Neva’s request. “You want them to defend the planet while we’re gone? I don’t see why not.” In truth, she had no idea how much stronger they were than when they first settled there. She had to assume that at least the Defense Force that fought the Tuffles during their invasion spent much of their time training while the rest did science shit. If that was the case, then they were probably comparable to the Knights, or at least strong enough to not get in the way.

“That’s actually what I wanted to speak with your mother about, forming an alliance. I’ll have to consider what kind of mutual interests we share, but a partnership between our people would be beneficial. This is a great first step.”

Without a God of Destruction, it was going to fall on all of them to keep everything in order once Sakin was dealt with. That could come later, but it was something they were going to have to discuss sooner rather than later. Earth had done a fabulous job of forging the bonds of partnership with much of the universe, they just needed to take it one step further.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat turns on her GP communicatior and contacts her fellow Toadians in the GP." My fellow Todainans are homeworld Qaceria has been destroyed. The person responsible for it's destruction Sakin. Now we shouldn't just sit back, we should take action," Praxat said.

" Sakin needs to pay, so let's take the fight to him. We should join forces with the Saiyans, the Intoadians and etc. I have a feeling the Intoadians lost their homeworld Amperior, but they remained, "Paraxt said.

" Sure one of them my grandmother start a war and tired to wipe out half of life on Qaceria in the past. However we should'nt judge them base on the actions of one person. Now isn't the time to be petty," Praxat said.

"Okay, everyone listen I can use my bio-electromagnokinesis for healing. This is something I learn how o do, So I'm offer healing to anyone who needs it. Warning what I learn comes at a price depending how severe the injuries are," Praxat said.
    Well, that was a surprise. It wasn't like Praxat lately to talk to anyone. She had been in her own head for the longest, to the point that Sarada wondered if she remembered she was in the group. Since she went out of her way to offer something vital, it wouldn't do to turn her down.

"Thanks, Praxat. I appreciate the help."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Do not test me with this trite reductionism again. As before, it grows tiresome, so listen well."

"A fractured soul, chained by division, yearning to be set free. Yet one hundred thousand years upon this world, this creature and all his miracles saw nothing beside his own magnificence but weakness and fodder. For he who could peer into the throughts of another, the only hypocrisy at play here is the Dragon's own."

"Had he even one fraction compassion, manifest but a shard of empathy beside his singular ambition, with all the powers at his disposal he would have set the foundation to build. Instead he chose to destroy, leading by fearful example, climbing upon corpses to reach what he once was, heedless to anything else but for chattle and supplicants."

"Do not speak triflingly of the Palatine. I have seen memory cast within the battlements of Vermillion where Zxu'ro drew upon the leylines to seal his power. I saw what Grinthorn had wrought first-hand through the Forger's eyes, and pulled the very curse apart where it had poisoned his mind. He tried to kill them then and failed, and so he killed the memory thereafter. If he too is a victim of a distorted nature, do not ever forget it was he that caused them to forget themselves and diminish, just like any other inconvenience to his conceited designs."

"What he chose was not some romantic notion of peace from order, but the end of sapience, as if people were nothing more than animate slaves of inherent vice. Yes, there is mistrust where fear takes root, and often a hunger burns in mortal hearts. Many times has this been dismissed as weakness of virtue beside a frailty of spirit. But there is the potential for so much more beyond crude violence pulled from a primitive atavism these would-be masters rear with one hand and reap with the other, and those that are aware can cultivate it."

Ochazuke raised the hammer for a moment. Nested in the gauntleted hand that gripped it was Arthur's ring. For a moment, he looked over to Zaofan. As much as a characteristic brooding fell over his features as he grappled with the nature of the serpent when he'd last examined him, as he saw his martial brother, a sureness filled his eyes as he looked to the Heka Axis as he spoke.

"No matter how long it takes, those who can see the path that does not yet exist will build it."
    She tilted her head. "A test would imply there is something in you- of you- that I am attempting to... assess." She straightened the tilt, and blinked.

"There is not."

It was curious, when called out on the nature of mortals, his empassioned refutation. Perhaps she had struck a nerve.

"Again, you speak to potential, and promise. When in this place, this moment; all I care about is what is- and has been shown." She said, glancing again at the M-Fighters dotted around the battlefield. "Crude violence, pulled from a primitive atavism. It goes well to explaining the nature of you would-be heroes. How many of you failed to see a broken woman, seeking the hope you all offer so freely, only for her suffer a final betrayal when it mattered most?"

The head tilt returned, as if she was attempting to understand the seeming contradiction of his words, and their deed. Or she realized something.

"If there was a means to end this conflict without violence, would you even try?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada’s brow furrowed in bewilderment. It sounded like whatever Totoma “needed” to do, he intended on doing it right then and there. Meaning he wanted to leave Reshlan to head back to Earth and use the White/Gold room. Which was completely fine if he didn’t consider the safety of his family and saving the universe from complete annihilation a top priority. And given how Saiyan men were, he probably didn’t.

“Idiot,” she grunted, “where the fuck do you think you’re going? Because if it doesn’t have anything to do with beating Sakin and saving our families, it can wait.”

“Good.” It was about time the Turripians rejoined the rest of the Empire anyway. They had been isolated for a few years and had been missing out on pretty much everything. Plus, they could really use whatever innovations and inventions they managed to conjure up in Vaikuntha. “I appreciate it.”

With their release settled, she moved on to Neva’s request. “You want them to defend the planet while we’re gone? I don’t see why not.” In truth, she had no idea how much stronger they were than when they first settled there. She had to assume that at least the Defense Force that fought the Tuffles during their invasion spent much of their time training while the rest did science shit. If that was the case, then they were probably comparable to the Knights, or at least strong enough to not get in the way.

“That’s actually what I wanted to speak with your mother about, forming an alliance. I’ll have to consider what kind of mutual interests we share, but a partnership between our people would be beneficial. This is a great first step.”

Without a God of Destruction, it was going to fall on all of them to keep everything in order once Sakin was dealt with. That could come later, but it was something they were going to have to discuss sooner rather than later. Earth had done a fabulous job of forging the bonds of partnership with much of the universe, they just needed to take it one step further.

Well, that was a surprise. It wasn't like Praxat lately to talk to anyone. She had been in her own head for the longest, to the point that Sarada wondered if she remembered she was in the group. Since she went out of her way to offer something vital, it wouldn't do to turn her down.

"Thanks, Praxat. I appreciate the help."
    " You welcome. I'm in a bad mood, a serious bad mood right now. I lost my homeworld Qaceria, and I really want to make Sakin pay. I'm in the same boat of going after Sakin," Praxat said.

Praxat then informs her allies of everything she learn on Amperior, including the truth nature of bio-electromagnokinesis, that it's so much more than the control of electricity, and magentsim.

Praxat uses her electroreception to examine her allies to see which ones have injuries and how severe they are.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-13-2022 at 10:22 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    She tilted her head. "A test would imply there is something in you- of you- that I am attempting to... assess." She straightened the tilt, and blinked.

"There is not."

It was curious, when called out on the nature of mortals, his empassioned refutation. Perhaps she had struck a nerve.

"Again, you speak to potential, and promise. When in this place, this moment; all I care about is what is- and has been shown." She said, glancing again at the M-Fighters dotted around the battlefield. "Crude violence, pulled from a primitive atavism. It goes well to explaining the nature of you would-be heroes. How many of you failed to see a broken woman, seeking the hope you all offer so freely, only for her suffer a final betrayal when it mattered most?"

The head tilt returned, as if she was attempting to understand the seeming contradiction of his words, and their deed. Or she realized something.

"If there was a means to end this conflict without violence, would you even try?"
    "Cheh! I told this to your previous incarnation, perhaps it would serve you to reassess what Inanna in her madness could not," Ochazuke responded. "The fault in the surface is merely a veneer, yet that is where so many judgments would end and magnify a blemish rather than build upon the matter and dismiss it as a fixed quantity, an immutable nature!"

When she continued to pry at the matter, her intent all but confounded him. Was this statement detached in earnest, or was this new goddess using Inanna's life as kindling to ignite further, searing embers of guilt? His eyes widened to the whites and his teeth ground.

"If I did not see that suffering beyond her incessant taunts and judgements, just as Zaofan had, as Sarada had glimpsed, we would not be standing here having this conversation, although it's only a matter of course to linger upon chains once that they have been broken, isn't it?"

There was the other point of contention with Eldfen, and as Ochazuke gripped the hammer, a subtle power began to take shape about it as it resonated with the innumerable currents running through the sky above. Emphemeral, not unlike ki, but its essence reached into something deeper within a mortal shroud, for acting on the belief of the multitudes was to receive their faith,

"Do you see those lights over there? The Heka Flow continues to rise from Evangeline's message to all of the Known Universe across the Cosmic Leyline, to the Guardians and peoples that remain. All of that stems from a connection we have built over the years. Reaching across the stars, a new path based in fellowship rather than opportunistic survival. Instead of fearful conquest, cultivation and growth in shared knowledge."

Echoes of the dream of a once-Creator who could not fathom believing in the life she had brought in this world.

"But the Cabal in all their twisted justice will not see that. The Fallen One, faithless as he is, would snuff that out and his cohorts would hasten the downfall as the Dragon watches through the haze of his own smoke. I have no need to appeal for what could be, for that is the state of things now, and building that path toward a better tomorrow is well is worth defending."

Ochazuke looked upon the Goddess now. Beneath the veneer of his battle-scarred countenance, there lingered a certain restlessness roused from the length of their groups journey and a silent fatigue from the task of rising up from for those who had willed each and every one of them forward now.

"If there were a means to end this without further bloodshed, I would do it, but that is not my task to bear out," he said, "let Grinthorn prove his quality and the worth of his word...or let him be swiftly struck down."

" If none of you can't tell I'm biologically a lot older than I chronologically should because of using Overclock not once but three times. Once early, and two times in the past. There's other form I can take now which is a pure electromagentic energy form," Praxat said.

" I attempting to use it in combat back on Earth, but switch back and forth from a energy state to a matter state repeatedly just made nasous. Oh, and I like to note that the mucus that covers my body can be use as a antibiotic for bacteria infections, and a antiviral for some viral infections. I have been sending samples of my mucus for medical research, " Paraxt
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-14-2022 at 07:05 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

“I too would choose a bloodless way if possible.”

Eva steps up and looks between the Goddess and Ochazuke.

“I have reason more than most to hate Sakin and Grinthorn. If the old dragon wants peace……..I would accept it. But he has shown no ounce of trust or faith with us. Instead, he has actively obfuscated us, hindered, and even acted to murder Jinzi’s parents alongside a slew of other crimes.”

Her odd glowing eyes look around the world, than back. She sighs.

“But I don’t want him as an enemy. He abandons the fight, I won’t seek him out. He betrays Sakin, I am willing to let him go in peace. But he must make the first move, Goddess. I am sorry, forgiveness is divine but we have been burned before, and by him especially. As to his true self……….”

She shakes her head slowly.

“A……..negotiation can be had. Maybe. If we all survive this. A pact, an Oath to leave us alone and stop his meddling in our affairs or the affairs of mortals. Then, bound to that………maybe.”

Her eyes harden.

“But Sakin only gets one mercy if he surrenders right now. That is the mercy of capture by Sihn and punishment afterwards. But he won’t surrender, and if stopping him means saving billions………then that is what we must do.”

She cocks her head.

“Do you believe he will stop his pursuits and give himself up? Or do you believe him a zealot to the end?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Hanuman.

Narayana had called him... Hanuman. Not Totoma, his saiyan name. Not Rousong, his human name. Not some sort of... nickname.

Hanuman.

It was a name he'd never heard before, and yet, it was familiar. Totoma couldn't place why, but... it was achingly familiar.

More bullshit about himself to unravel. Great. And just when he'd reached a point where he felt he was done with all that.

It would probably have to wait until after the fight with Sakin. After all, he didn't have months to take a n--meditate on the matter. Not like he'd even know where to... start.

...hm.

They probably had a couple hours before they set out for Sakin's planet, he figured? Neva mentioned sending some knights along with them, and it would probably take them a bit to organize and recuperate from the battle they'd just left. Never mind their own fatigue and injuries. Demons, a God of Destruction, Inanna... today had been tiring. So tiring that he really didn't want to do anything except take a nap, but...

Eva, before addressing the Goddess, nods and a swirl of silver butterflies reveal a door before Totoma.

“Through there.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

“I have reason more than most to hate Sakin and Grinthorn. If the old dragon wants peace……..I would accept it. But he has shown no ounce of trust or faith with us. Instead, he has actively obfuscated us, hindered, and even acted to murder Jinzi’s parents alongside a slew of other crimes.”

“But I don’t want him as an enemy. He abandons the fight, I won’t seek him out. He betrays Sakin, I am willing to let him go in peace. But he must make the first move, Goddess. I am sorry, forgiveness is divine but we have been burned before, and by him especially. As to his true self……….”

“A……..negotiation can be had. Maybe. If we all survive this. A pact, an Oath to leave us alone and stop his meddling in our affairs or the affairs of mortals. Then, bound to that………maybe.”

Her eyes harden.

“But Sakin only gets one mercy if he surrenders right now. That is the mercy of capture by Sihn and punishment afterwards. But he won’t surrender, and if stopping him means saving billions………then that is what we must do.”

She cocks her head.

“Do you believe he will stop his pursuits and give himself up? Or do you believe him a zealot to the end?”
    " Mercy? That bastard Sakin doesn't deserve mercy. He only deserves death!" Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Mercy? That bastard Sakin doesn't deserve mercy. He only deserves death!" Praxat said.
    “Perhaps. But if he surrendered now I would give him to Sihn. I won’t murder someone pleading mercy, nor would I condone another doing it in my stead. Not even……not even after what he did to Fife. Or to me.”

Eva turns away, a slight shake to her shoulders as remembered grief tickles her memory for a moment. She squares them and returns to Ochazuke and the Goddess.

“Regardless, we must act soon. Sakin’s plans grow deeper and deeper, there are innocents to rescue taken by his cohorts, and billions if not trillions of lives to save. Our window of opportunity to try and stop this madness, to try and heal our universe and do better, is closing.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Disregard.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 06-14-2022 at 09:35 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“Perhaps. But if he surrendered now I would give him to Sihn. I won’t murder someone pleading mercy, nor would I condone another doing it in my stead. Not even……not even after what he did to Fife. Or to me.”

Eva turns away, a slight shake to her shoulders as remembered grief tickles her memory for a moment. She squares them and returns to Ochazuke and the Goddess.

“Regardless, we must act soon. Sakin’s plans grow deeper and deeper, there are innocents to rescue taken by his cohorts, and billions if not trillions of lives to save. Our window of opportunity to try and stop this madness, to try and heal our universe and do better, is closing.”

" You're right we do need to act and if there's a enough time to prepare. I would do anything even jump head first into a nebula storm to attempt to harness it's cosmic electromagenet energy. Okay i know what your all think I'm talking crazy. So I'll share some info on why I would be willing to do such thing" Praxat said.

Praxat takes out her phone and shows the group translate passage of one of her ancestor Disdemona's travelogues. " Probably not enough time for me to even attempt this," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-14-2022 at 08:31 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Cheh! I told this to your previous incarnation, perhaps it would serve you to reassess what Inanna in her madness could not," Ochazuke responded. "The fault in the surface is merely a veneer, yet that is where so many judgments would end and magnify a blemish rather than build upon the matter and dismiss it as a fixed quantity, an immutable nature!"

When she continued to pry at the matter, her intent all but confounded him. Was this statement detached in earnest, or was this new goddess using Inanna's life as kindling to ignite further, searing embers of guilt? His eyes widened to the whites and his teeth ground.

"If I did not see that suffering beyond her incessant taunts and judgements, just as Zaofan had, as Sarada had glimpsed, we would not be standing here having this conversation, although it's only a matter of course to linger upon chains once that they have been broken, isn't it?"

There was the other point of contention with Eldfen, and as Ochazuke gripped the hammer, a subtle power began to take shape about it as it resonated with the innumerable currents running through the sky above. Emphemeral, not unlike ki, but its essence reached into something deeper within a mortal shroud, for acting on the belief of the multitudes was to receive their faith,

"Do you see those lights over there? The Heka Flow continues to rise from Evangeline's message to all of the Known Universe across the Cosmic Leyline, to the Guardians and peoples that remain. All of that stems from a connection we have built over the years. Reaching across the stars, a new path based in fellowship rather than opportunistic survival. Instead of fearful conquest, cultivation and growth in shared knowledge."

Echoes of the dream of a once-Creator who could not fathom believing in the life she had brought in this world.

"But the Cabal in all their twisted justice will not see that. The Fallen One, faithless as he is, would snuff that out and his cohorts would hasten the downfall as the Dragon watches through the haze of his own smoke. I have no need to appeal for what could be, for that is the state of things now, and building that path toward a better tomorrow is well is worth defending."

Ochazuke looked upon the Goddess now. Beneath the veneer of his battle-scarred countenance, there lingered a certain restlessness roused from the length of their groups journey and a silent fatigue from the task of rising up from for those who had willed each and every one of them forward now.

"If there were a means to end this without further bloodshed, I would do it, but that is not my task to bear out," he said, "let Grinthorn prove his quality and the worth of his word...or let him be swiftly struck down."
    As She considered what was said, her expression briefly shifted, and though it was short-lived, the slight frown was telling as was the word she muttered under her breath.

"Chains..."

As the silence filled the gap between Ochazuke's answers and her response, She found herself fixating on that response in particular, and when She finally found her response she lead with that. "You are... Correct. I return to the memories of a dead woman, to sift through what remains thinking to find meaning where only a twisted understanding borne of suffering persists." For the first time, a frown tugged at the corner of her mouth.

"I would be better served to let her- and those lingering chains- die."

The frown, another short-lived wonder, disappeared; and she bowed her head in momentary deference.

"Forgive me."

Moving on from that concession, the question she asked had been answered two-fold. "This Heka Flow of yours... and your willingness to shed the cycle of bloodshed on the merit of actions, not simply comforting words.

... A meaningful divergence. One I would like to see bear out."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Her eyes harden.

She cocks her head.

It appeared his moment of certainty was but a brief taste; the binary of black and white had once again become muddied in shades of gray. Redemption was the last thing a beast of violence such as he would like to ponder on when it came to the topic of Sakin, but he was not a monster.

"I am not one to speak when it comes to this ..." Kami knew how many sins he had committed across his lifetimes, "... but it would be in poor taste to grant Sakin any measure of mercy as he right now. Too far lost in his delusions of grandeur; we should view him primarily as our enemy and not hold back. It should only be when he is broken from his folly that the thought of mercy should be discussed."