Page 97 of 137 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2041
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    ( Hmm, my electroreception is sensing faintly what appears to be a row of cells. I better examine them,) Praxat thought.

In her electromagnetic energy form, Praxat examines each cell. ( If I stay in this state. I can go to each cell more quicker. Okay I just felt something) Praxat thought.
    There are probably 100 cells in total, and after checking each one Praxat can see that there are about two dozen captives inside.

The bars appear enchanted and incredibly strong.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    It was at this point that Koorimaru realized that he had all but overextended his hand. Though the greater portion of energy had been arrested, by their reckoning it had been hours since they had left Earth and the Saiyan worlds.

Through the eye of the Capsule Drone, it had seemed Cancer's feeding upon Karine's Primogen essence appeared to grant her new abilities.

Interesting, he thought, the echoing voice making his skin crawl even as he fortified his mind against her, She hadn't done this before...

Still, even as she finally began to move out, those that came with him were assuredly not idle, and as the temple began to unravel around him, Koorimaru placed his palms together and began to gather his ki before him.

"Oh ho ho ho~! Magnificently done, Majin! Now, I wonder, how swiftly can she master her new verminous shape?"
    “Koorimaru.”

The voice tickles by his ear socket, hit breathe against his neck.

“Found you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Efrideet parried the blade, with a Hakai-wreathed hand. "It is against many wills, that you are here." A series of runes lighted in the space between the duo, and with a gesture the woman attempted to drive a spike of calcified True Magic through Remnant's attacking arm.

"Regardless, you speak to what you know; and you know nothing of me." Nor did she, for that matter... but this was certainly a means of finding out.
    Remnant hisses in pain and backs away, arm pierced by the spike.

They heft the blades up, then slashes them at Efrideet in an X shape, crescent energy blades of Hakai flying at her.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It started with a ripple, then a shudder. Creation trembled as a new and unforeseen energy hurtled toward every corner. Left in its wake were rebirths of that which had previously been snatched away. Parsley felt it as life itself shook and across the universe, Maiz did as well. She also felt the millions of lost souls belonging to Langal suddenly reappear.

A bemused but otherwise relieved breathed escaped her. The belief that the M Fighters could and would accomplish a feat that could rightfully be called impossible was growing brighter by the second. The battles were nowhere close to being over, but with every second that passed, their ferocious and indomitable wills were carrying them ever closer.

“Lady Maiz!” someone cried out from behind her.

“I know,” she remarked quietly. She remained in what was left of the palace, eyes closed as her Creation energies carried her presence across the stars. She couldn’t watch over her daughters in person like she wanted to, but she could at least be there in spirit. Deep within Cancer’s lair, she watched them struggle against her thrall of vampire Icers. A deep frown tugged at her lips as she watched Garnish and another boy assault Avoca.

Psychic energy welled within her. =Stay strong. I’m with you. We are all with you.=

“Goddamn it!” Sarada blurred briefly until she was floated next to a completely motionless Parsley. Her aura flared and expanded just as the Icer army took aim and fired their Death Beam volley all at once. Any one of them she could block. All of them simultaneously? At least a few were sure to hit their mark; and with no way of telling how strong those bastards were, they could ill afford to find out the hard way. Death Beams weren’t known for hitting out of their strike zone, but she wasn’t taking any chances.

The All-Consuming Flame of Lasair, her kit and kin, wrapped around the two sisters like a protective wreath and exploded outward to meet the myriad of Death Beams head on.

As for Avoca, she could feel that Garnish was still on top of her. She gritted her teeth as the girl grabbed a fistful of hair to pull her head back. “You... are so... grounded!” she gritted as she maneuvered herself and pushed her elbow into the girl’s midsection. She suddenly shot into the air, intent on sandwiching her between the ceiling and her elbow.

For Parsley, the magics within her summoned shadows were complete, but insufficient. She already knew that would be the case. Cancer’s manipulations to turn her victims into her thrall was well beyond a physical transformation. As such, it required more than a simple healing spell. With that in mind, as Sarada’s flames enshrouded them both, she summoned her ax and prepared to tap into Heka Flow. There were only two available sources and only one that she could feasibly reach.

She blitzed upward and grabbed Garnish as Avoca was driving her upward into the ceiling. Her aura flared; with hope, the ghostly remnants of Caliban’s Creation energy would have some effect toward helping her reach the child. “Garnish, listen to me. I know that there’s a small piece of you still in there somewhere. Mommy needs you to help her help her. Please!”
    The barrage of Death Beams continue, and Sarada gets the distinct feeling that her All Consuming Flame won’t hold out for long.

Avoca, Cado kicks you in the face hard enough to send you flying into the wall, where the oiliness starts sticking you to it, making it hard to escape. Meanwhile, Parsley has grabbed Garnish and the young child super Saiyan is oddly calm in her grasp. Red eyes stare at Parsley as the faintest hint of recognition flitters inside them. Caliban’s ghostly remains of creation perhaps enough to settle the child to listen.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The presence was faint, for even being attuned to the leylines of the known universe, of the deeper mysteries of a godly nature they simply were asynchronous to common perception. Yet the looming presence of Ruination, Ochazuke had crossed hands with it back on Darkle, and it seemed she had refiend a subtler craft since then.

"There's a second enemy there."

"You mean besides the big one?"

Zaofan continued to pour his energies into the Gotengo. His stance held firm no matter how large Remnant loomed in the viewscreen, but there was undeniably something he was missing...but on some intuitive level, his training would not allow him to ignore it. Through the trials of the Elemanti had they passed, and with the hardships refined the qualities that passed to the legacy of Zxu'ro. As the opponent expands, I contract; as he contracts, I expand...the principle of Kensho.

The Chef hadn't quite his brother's sense for this sort of thing, however, he did know how to coordinate with him as if it were second nature.

"Wave Motion Cannon at 50%. Prepare to fire the Maser. We'll flush her out to give Efrideet the advantage."

Synchronized to that strance frequency, Ochazuke began to channel a Mastered Kiai into the Gotengo's superstructure; Harmonizing with this on the bridge, Zaofan channeled the hyper-oscillation of Kaiten through the bow drill, amplifying and expanding the wavelength in an attempt to neutralize the energies hiding the second enemy and shatter its aura.

"Synchronization...and fire!"

Braced for impact once Project Parting Glass had delivered its payload, Kenshiko held fast to the console, shielding her eyes from the effects of the temporal emission as reality bent around herself.

"...did that do it...?" Emergency generators kicked on in the companion ship, and the EDF Commander grit her teeth. "Requesting reinforcement, payload was delivered, but we're sitting ducks out here. Prepare to evacuate the President-"

It was then that she noticed voices faintly gathered and streaming through the communication band across the known universe.

"...and update the coordinates. We have a fixed location, repeat, we've got Sakin cornered. Everyone that wants a piece, they can come get it!"
    Both ships suddenly go dark. Backup generators, screens, weapons, all of it.

A faint, female child like laugh echoes across both ships.

“Sorry, but your ships are now cursed. You two shouldn’t have taken your eyes off the prize, you both missed me. Don’t worry, blood bound curses only last as long as the blood is fresh. Your ships will work again, eventually.”

A faint image of Lady Binder appears before both bridges. The diminutive fairy smiles widely, bows, wave step blood stained fingers and vanishes, her laugh echoes across the ships as a runic curse flares across the hull of each one.

Beyond that, faintly, both ships and their crews can feel their ships being pulled toward the Foresworn World by an implacable force.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 09-08-2022 at 01:55 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    There are probably 100 cells in total, and after checking each one Praxat can see that there are about two dozen captives inside.

The bars appear enchanted and incredibly strong.
    " Listen up I'm going to get all of you out of those cells," Paraxt said.

Praxat turns to her physical form and wraps her tongue around the bars of one of the cells. Then starts pulling.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-08-2022 at 02:22 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Half the fortress enterior walls suddenly buckle and explode. The entire building seems to jerk and and brown as half its stability is lost. All the M-Fighters feel the lurch and an incredible psychic shout of pain echoes across the Fortress afterwards.

Sasheem, you get the distinct feeling that, aside from Koorimaru, Cancer now wants you dead the most.
    Ah, it was like nostalgia. When was the last time someone wanted him dead....Actually not too long ago, the moment was gone. But a lightbulb did go off in Sasheem's head. To add insult to injury in three steps.

Step 1 Locate the veins amidst the rubble that were ones emanating the now retracted Hakai. Sasheem wasn't entirely sure where they all lead, but they had to lead somewhere important...probably.

Step 2 Find any lacerations in the veins due to the explosions and if none are present make some by nicking them with a Samehada

Step 3 Dump all the excess heat absorbed from the impact of his own ki blasts and the explosion with Vermillion Heat and releasing it into the wounded veins, letting the heat flow through them up towards the source while damaging all within

Sasheem cackled to himself, hoping to stick it to Cancer even further, before flying off to join one of the others...

Bonus Step Sasheem returned to the site of the fortress in Kathcin mode and picked up the rubble, using his metallic fist as a sort of hammer. Eventually, through some quick, amateur welding and masonry, he managed to craft what was left in the fortress into a crude statue of a big pile of poo. The lack of craftsmanship almost made it more insulting.

Satisfied with this juvenile display, now Sasheem finally took off.

They do indeed. The blows land and distract the two in their assault against Held that, when their concentration breaks for a moment to instinctively protect themselves from Totoma, Held’s spears slam through both heads and eliminate the foes elegantly.

Held lands not too far away from Totoma, though the darkness all around makes things much further than that hard to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "I'm on it." Held replied to his friend, the wind whipping around him as his spear hurtled towards its destination. "I don't know about any of that other stuff, but it's poor form to leave a comr---ugh."

The Nevadian tightened his grip on the shaft of the spear as his mind began to reel from the attack. He had been discovered quicker than anticipated. He glanced downwards, noticing the attention of the dark ones now focused towards him.

Well, if nothing else, he had managed to disrupt their focus on Karine.

He breathed deeply, focusing his mind on resisting the attack. Or at the very least, not allowing the attack to throw him off balance. His aim was true, so long as it remained unaltered.

Good...Grief...

Clearly, Held had failed in his endeavor to keep the dark ones from cracking his mind. Out of the ether Totoma warped into existence, riding one of the Spears that Held had shot forth, crashing it into one of the dark ones, whose atoms were rent asunder.

It took him a moment to realize that this was truly Totoma, the power signature and the Shingan's insight confirming the familiar figure.

Well, this should be a little less difficult to pull of with him around. Still. We'd better be quick about it.... That said, I'll have to ask him what the hell that was later. Is this the power of that button he's always going on about?
    With the three slain, it is just Totoma and Held there with the statue. Karine’s form is not moving, held within the sphere high above still.
    The other two enemies fell via Held's other two spears, with the Nevadian himself arriving much the same as he had--surfing on a spear. Funny how he hadn't noticed that earlier, but his attentions had been focused elsewhere. Silence reigned while Totoma waited, tense and prepared, for any other enemies to show themselves... but there was no one else. Just him, Held, and Karine held aloft in that weird sphere.

Totoma focused on Held. "...sorry to drop in unannounced. I... felt Karine from all the way on Earth, so I made my way here, with Eva's help." That little spirit journey of his was a stupid idea, in retrospect--all he'd learned is that he was completely bonkers... apparently. Well, whatever, save Karine now, cure the crazy later.

Hmm... a Nevadian. How nostalgic.

Oh god, just shut up.

I think not. Now then, I think I shall take... ah...

Knowledge of the Justice Bind slipped from his mind. Damn it! Not a huge loss, but it was a useful technique--and one of his originals, too! Bast--

Suddenly, he lost his Super Saiyan 3 form, dropping to Super Saiyan 2... and then that, reverting to a basic Super Saiyan. He blinked, and tried to transform, finding himself... unable. Wait, had...

Oh yes. It shall be ever so amusing to watch you try and save your pet with the power you so define yourself by diminished to such an extent.

Totoma shifted his weight, then sighed and scratched the back of his head. "Ha ha, I seem to be having some, uh... power issues. I..."

The Just Saiyan paused for a moment, mentally swallowing his pride. Now, he wasn't the most prideful saiyan out there, but he had developed (or rediscovered?) a pretty fierce amount of pride... perhaps, lately, too fierce. It was hard for him to ask for help. Offer help? Sure. Fight alongside others? You betcha? But swallow his pride and ask for help? Yeah, that had become... difficult.

"...can't do this alone. Will you help me, Held?"

Oh? You could have asked him to help in regards to me, yet...

Karine was more important now. And if he tried to blab, he'd probably just be rewarded with his memories of the Dark King being swiped, woudn't he?

Ah, so you can think ahead. Perhaps you're not as hopeless as you appear.

"In return, I can treat you to some Huangjiu or some Baijiu, if you prefer the harder stuff," he said, holding out his hand. Of course, those words would sound like gobbledygook to an alien, but it would be clear that he was talking about alcohol, of course. Probably the best thing to repay a Nevadian with, when it came to personal favors.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 09-08-2022 at 02:48 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Both ships suddenly go dark. Backup generators, screens, weapons, all of it.

A faint, female child like laugh echoes across both ships.

“Sorry, but your ships are now cursed. You two shouldn’t have taken your eyes off the prize, you both missed me. Don’t worry, blood bound curses only last as long as the blood is fresh. Your ships will work again, eventually.”

A faint image of Lady Binder appears before both bridges. The diminutive fairy smiles widely, bows, wave step blood stained fingers and vanishes, her laugh echoes across the ships as a runic curse flares across the hull of each one.

Beyond that, faintly, both ships and their crews can feel their ships being pulled toward the Foresworn World by an implacable force.
    A massive shadow appears over the two vessels. A massive, boxy, rectangular shadow...with thin stick arms. This, of course, had belonged to the Mecha Durive, who had been taking a nap previously much to the complaints of the Katchin Squad currently 'piloting' him. But now he was awake, the sudden, unnatural movements of the two curses awakening the massive being from his slumber.

He grabbed onto the two vessels in order to pull them away from the bizarre force dragging them in. How, you ask, when he has no appendages of his own? That is a question that should've been asked long ago, many a time it's best to leave such things unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Ah, it was like nostalgia. When was the last time someone wanted him dead....Actually not too long ago, the moment was gone. But a lightbulb did go off in Sasheem's head. To add insult to injury in three steps.

Step 1 Locate the veins amidst the rubble that were ones emanating the now retracted Hakai. Sasheem wasn't entirely sure where they all lead, but they had to lead somewhere important...probably.

Step 2 Find any lacerations in the veins due to the explosions and if none are present make some by nicking them with a Samehada

Step 3 Dump all the excess heat absorbed from the impact of his own ki blasts and the explosion with Vermillion Heat and releasing it into the wounded veins, letting the heat flow through them up towards the source while damaging all within

Sasheem cackled to himself, hoping to stick it to Cancer even further, before flying off to join one of the others...

Bonus Step Sasheem returned to the site of the fortress in Kathcin mode and picked up the rubble, using his metallic fist as a sort of hammer. Eventually, through some quick, amateur welding and masonry, he managed to craft what was left in the fortress into a crude statue of a big pile of poo. The lack of craftsmanship almost made it more insulting.

Satisfied with this juvenile display, now Sasheem finally took off.
    Most of the fortress still stands, so the monument he manages to make is only modest in size (the areas where Koorimaru, Praxat, the throne room and the Saiyans are are all still standing).

Sasheem suddenly sees a swirling cloud of bats manifest out if a wall nearby, coalescing into a female form. Hard to see in the darkness of the moon, but he thinks this must be Cancer.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    A massive shadow appears over the two vessels. A massive, boxy, rectangular shadow...with thin stick arms. This, of course, had belonged to the Mecha Durive, who had been taking a nap previously much to the complaints of the Katchin Squad currently 'piloting' him. But now he was awake, the sudden, unnatural movements of the two curses awakening the massive being from his slumber.

He grabbed onto the two vessels in order to pull them away from the bizarre force dragging them in. How, you ask, when he has no appendages of his own? That is a question that should've been asked long ago, many a time it's best to leave such things unanswered.

Somehow, unexpectedly, the two ships halt their forces progress towards the Foresworn World.

Though Durive finds it a very hard task to keep them in place against the pull.

Appearing on Durive’s shoulder, a small fairly lands and cocks her head in wonder.

“Unexpected.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    The other two enemies fell via Held's other two spears, with the Nevadian himself arriving much the same as he had--surfing on a spear. Funny how he hadn't noticed that earlier, but his attentions had been focused elsewhere. Silence reigned while Totoma waited, tense and prepared, for any other enemies to show themselves... but there was no one else. Just him, Held, and Karine held aloft in that weird sphere.

Totoma focused on Held. "...sorry to drop in unannounced. I... felt Karine from all the way on Earth, so I made my way here, with Eva's help." That little spirit journey of his was a stupid idea, in retrospect--all he'd learned is that he was completely bonkers... apparently. Well, whatever, save Karine now, cure the crazy later.

Hmm... a Nevadian. How nostalgic.

Oh god, just shut up.

I think not. Now then, I think I shall take... ah...

Knowledge of the Justice Bind slipped from his mind. Damn it! Not a huge loss, but it was a useful technique--and one of his originals, too! Bast--

Suddenly, he lost his Super Saiyan 3 form, dropping to Super Saiyan 2... and then that, reverting to a basic Super Saiyan. He blinked, and tried to transform, finding himself... unable. Wait, had...

Oh yes. It shall be ever so amusing to watch you try and save your pet with the power you so define yourself by diminished to such an extent.

Totoma shifted his weight, then sighed and scratched the back of his head. "Ha ha, I seem to be having some, uh... power issues. I..."

The Just Saiyan paused for a moment, mentally swallowing his pride. Now, he wasn't the most prideful saiyan out there, but he had developed (or rediscovered?) a pretty fierce amount of pride... perhaps, lately, too fierce. It was hard for him to ask for help. Offer help? Sure. Fight alongside others? You betcha? But swallow his pride and ask for help? Yeah, that had become... difficult.

"...can't do this alone. Will you help me, Held?"

Oh? You could have asked him to help in regards to me, yet...

Karine was more important now. And if he tried to blab, he'd probably just be rewarded with his memories of the Dark King being swiped, woudn't he?

Ah, so you can think ahead. Perhaps you're not as hopeless as you appear.

"In return, I can treat you to some Huangjiu or some Baijiu, if you prefer the harder stuff," he said, holding out his hand. Of course, those words would sound like gobbledygook to an alien, but it would be clear that he was talking about alcohol, of course. Probably the best thing to repay a Nevadian with, when it came to personal favors.
    One of the other fortresses (not the one the others infiltrated) suddenly booms open as dozens and dozens of robbed figures and vampire Arcosians fly out to meet Totoma and Held. In the darkness they are hard to see, but you can certainly sense them.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Listen up I'm going to get all of you out of those cells," Paraxt said.

Praxat turns to her physical form and wraps her tongue around the bars of one of the cells. Then starts pulling.
    Once her tongue touches one, a powerful burning fills her mouth and singes her tongue. Also, the prisoners can’t hear or see her apparently. Psychic suggestions prevent them.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Remnant hisses in pain and backs away, arm pierced by the spike.

They heft the blades up, then slashes them at Efrideet in an X shape, crescent energy blades of Hakai flying at her.
    Efrideet cancels out the incoming Hakai with her own, before focusing on the wound made by her True Magic spike.

A vestige of her former self, the ability to siphon energy, she begins to consume the wounded Remnant's energy; while at the same time attempting to remove the offending arm by recalling her spike.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Most of the fortress still stands, so the monument he manages to make is only modest in size (the areas where Koorimaru, Praxat, the throne room and the Saiyans are are all still standing).

Sasheem suddenly sees a swirling cloud of bats manifest out if a wall nearby, coalescing into a female form. Hard to see in the darkness of the moon, but he thinks this must be Cancer.
    Sasheem rubs his nose condescendingly with a shrug. "Maam, are you the owner of the house? We think there's a problem with your plumbing," Sasheem mocked. Running away at this point might be futile. The only choice he'd have would be to confront her. Hopefully, he wouldn't be flying solo for long.