Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
With Neva there to halt and isolate the power, to filter it, Totoma is able to slowly convert the black energy into something compatible with his own energy reserves. It is no longer spreading across his chest, but instead is absorbed into his body. It fells….cold, but not unpleasant. The cold of space, not the cold of a bitter winter wind. Your eyes turn slightly purple, your hair gains a pair of white stripes on either side of your temples, and you feel…stronger.

Congratulations, you have absorbed some of SWS’s demonic energy and gotten a boost from it.
Neva stood back and watched as Totoma began his attempt to fend off SWS' attack. This was the first time she'd actually witnessed him manipulate his energy up close, and, much to her surprise, the half-saiyan seemed quite adept at doing so, quickly syncronizing his energy with her... gift. Yes, he had that Kizuna to help him, but even with that, he pulled it off remarkably fast. Perhaps he had inherited a measure of his mother's refined ki control, somehow?

Regardless, things looked to be going well... until they didn't. After what appeared to be a (very) brief moment of deliberation, he instead wrapped SWS' attack with the merged energy and began to...

...do something. She wasn't quite sure, but whatever it was, it was probably risky.

"You fool! Expel it, don't play with it!"

As she implored him to stop playing around, Totoma's aura flared, and she was forced to look away, blinding as it was. A great wind picked up, and Reshlan itself shook from... whatever he was doing. When the aura and bluster receded to a more.. reasonable level, Totoma stood there, perfectly fine... albeit changed slightly. Most obvious were the white strips splitting the black of his hair, starting from his temples. And upon closer examination, his eyes had changed to a very dark shade of purple.

"...I demand to know what you just did, and what inspired you to attempt something so obviously risky." Whatever it was, he had managed to do it, but it had still been an unnecessary risk.

Totoma blinked and looked at his hands, clenching and opening them a few times. "Huh... it worked. Thought maybe if I used your attack or whatever to isolate She-Who-Stalks attack from me and SWS, I might be able to use Kizuna to force syncronize it with my own energy. Seems like it worked, because I feel a ton stronger!"

Neva stared at him, completely taken aback. She, herself, only knew the very basics of the ability, but she knew what he'd done was completely absurd, because even Bajie was surprised at all this. He didn't actually say anything, but she knew.

Sigh.

Regardless of the risk, he had pulled through and powered himself up by a fair bit in the process. That could only be a good thing, under these circumstances. "...I see."

Totoma looked to the sky, where Sarada was. He didn't see SWS, although judging from the storm still raging, she wasn't dead. Giving Neva and her mother his signature two finger salute, he took to the air and rocketed towards the battlefield.

As he left, Nevanlinna signed and sat down. As she was now, tired and drained from her fight with Cancer, she wouldn't be that useful. So... she had to fix that.

"I hate to ask this of you, but, mother, Luop, please keep any of She-Who-Stalks demons from attacking me," she said. "I need time to... gather power, one might say."

Closing her eyes, Neva focused her will and began... digging, for lack of a better way of putting it. While there was no way she would be able to access the totality of Narayana's power right this very moment, she felt confident that, given time, she could grasp a portion of it and keep hold of it.