Page 103 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2041
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Praxat, you get a notification that a GO cruiser is on its way to pick you up, but you’ll need to clear a path as the fortress above has been destroyed and your way out is blocked.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Durive looks pensive for a moment, glancing nervously over his shoulder before finally deciding to let her have a good look at the ring.

...Via jamming it violently into her eye as he just barely was able to contain his uproarious laughter.

The ring did have the codes written down in a near-microscopic font, for what it was worth. Durive was never going to break the rules of the game. Bend them...perhaps, but break them? Never...
    The ring slams into her eye and Binder floats back, a scream of shock escaping her mouth as she clutches her eye.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ochazuke, you sense Lady Binder’s connection to the blood magic on the ships slip and the spells disappear.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Held, as the enemy charges you and Totoma, a figure floats down between you two with crossed arms and an aura of power.

Charco Ogatan has joined the fray.

Charco’s Gjost Hakai surrounds him as he nods to Totoma and Held.

“Ready guys?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Praxat, you get a notification that a GO cruiser is on its way to pick you up, but you’ll need to clear a path as the fortress above has been destroyed and your way out is blocked.
    ( That's just great. The way out is blocked. Heh, I guess just have to make another way out,) Praxat thought.

Praxat uses her Bio-Electromagnokinesis to clear a path. Praxat then uses her Bio-Electromagnokinesis to send another call through her GP communicator. ( Another thing I have a human male wrapped around my tongue. I'm too exhausted to unwrap my tongue,) Praxat said Electricpathically.

( So please be careful when separating him from my tongue,) Praxat said Electricpathically.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

There are about 100 of them.
    A hundred enemies... huh, that was a bit overkill. But this was the final battle. Or the next-to-final battle?

Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Honestly, I'm just glad you're not an hallucination. " Held replied rubbing his temples as he disembarked from the makeshift missile, "There was some brain stuff going on before you got here and I thought you were the fever dream of a dying mind."

He sighed before turning his attention to Karine.

"In any case, I'm glad to see you. This should make retriving Karine a bit easier, I imagine. It's unlikely I'm going to find someone more motivated than you in that regard in the Galaxy."

The Nevadian blinked for a moment, his eyes detecting the barest hints of --something--as Totoma struggled in vain to pull forth some dregs of a power hidden too deep to access. Between the attempt to crush his mind, and the stress of the day, Held almost wondered if it was a figment of his imagination. Had it not flickered in and out time and time again, he likely would have dismissed it entirely.

Still. As interesting as whatever that may have been was, it was hardly the time dwell on such things.

Held blinked for a moment, Totoma's request finally permeating through His mind belatedly.

"While I'll never turn down a good drink, I'd have done it for free." Held replied, meeting the halfbreed's hand with his own, "You couldn't seriously think I would leave either of you in a situation like this..."

"....Although. I suppose it gets more tempting by the moment."

Good grief...Are they this upset about the guys Totoma dispatched? Or are they worried about the threat we present? No....That is unlikely, especially with the others not too far from here.

Held glanced at Karine as he recalled the appraisal of the situation afforded to him by Zaofan. That, combined with whatever ritual they had going on before hand....

I guess Zao was right. Karine really is the definition of high value at the moment.

The Nevadian turned slightly towards the enemies rushing to meet them, as energy began to manifest in his hand, creating dozens of 'seeds' of Ki.

Thrusting his hand outwards, he tossed the seeds forward and they landed upon any surface they could, sinking--slightly burrowing--beneath.

"Either way, I'll do what I can."
    Totoma nodded. "Thanks, I owe ya one."

Still, even with Held's help, this would not be easy. He had to think of something to at least give himself a temporary advantage... even though the Dark King would probably swipe that, too.

Held, as the enemy charges you and Totoma, a figure floats down between you two with crossed arms and an aura of power.

Charco Ogatan has joined the fray.

Charco’s Gjost Hakai surrounds him as he nods to Totoma and Held.

“Ready guys?”
    More help arrived in the form of Charco, and, to be frank, he felt a bit relieved. Friendly fire incidents aside, Charco was definitely high up in his 'fighters he would want on his side in an all-out brawl' list. Good, good... hopefully they should be able to manage. Alright, time to go!

Golden Aura bursting into existence and the nine-toothed ranke rematerializing in his right hand, Totoma took to the skies to meet the 100-strong army. Focusing his ki, Totoma activated Full Boar, the green tinting his aura to a... weird yellow green color. Charging his ki into his free hand, the green tint bled from his aura, concentrating into a green Justice Cannon within seconds. He channeled more energy into it, until it was larger than himself... and then he added a little bit, erm, extra to it. Focusing his mind, he added some Telekinesis to the mix, weaving the psychic energies into the giant ki sphere, in a way that would make it like a giant glowy magnet for enemies within a certain range... and then he launched it.

Slowly, relatively speaking. Faster than he was flying, but... slow enough that, at this distance, the cluster of enemies he'd fired it at could just move out of the way casually. And that was the idea with the TK added to the mix--it would probably catch at least one by surprise, who'd get drawn in and, well, cause it to detonate. Right in the middle of a bunch of them. He called it... the... er...

Full Boar Justice Gravity... Bomb?
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 09-11-2022 at 11:32 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The second Fortress, where Koorimaru and Parsley have gone, is empty. The second ritual room is forced open by Koorimaru, the complete Sigil inside resists being moved or effected for a moment before Koorimaru manages to start tracing the lines of Hakai to a new conclusion.

Following the lines of power, he can see that they go deep into the moon.

Parsley, your Observational Focus find much of what you expected. The Sigil connects to Cancer, allowing her to feed through the sacrifice of others upon the Sigil.

Theoretically, if she remained connected to the Sigil, one could force feed poison or something into it to poison her, but that would require her being connected.
    The fortress was empty, as expected, as was the ritual room. Much like the first ritual room, there was a Sigil. Again, much like she expected, the Sigil connected to Cancer, allowing her to feed on the victims her minions sacrificed on it, so long as she was connected to it. The means through which she connected to the Sigil weren’t known, at least not yet, but she was forming a plan to exploit that mechanic.

“This Sigil allows Cancer to feed on her sacrifices so long as she’s connected to it,” she said as if Koorimaru would know that, which he likely did. “We can use that means to poison her.” Sasheem was the best person for that job. The only issue was luring her into reconnecting with the Sigil.

“Do you know any more about her feeding process, from your time with Remnant?” she asked as she gently touched the Sigil. Her Observational Focus once again examined the Sigil. Was the any way for her to determine the means of connection between it and Cancer? Would there be any way to lure her into connecting with it?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    Sasheem, the shadow bats suddenly all break apart into puddles of shadowy blood and dissipate.

Cancer has fled elsewhere for the moment.
    Koorimaru's drones hovered nearby, pausing to take in the God of Destruction's latest action.

"It seems our quarry has slipped away. But that is what she wants us to think, hm? After all, it is we who are still on her terrain."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    The second Fortress, where Koorimaru and Parsley have gone, is empty. The second ritual room is forced open by Koorimaru, the complete Sigil inside resists being moved or effected for a moment before Koorimaru manages to start tracing the lines of Hakai to a new conclusion.

Following the lines of power, he can see that they go deep into the moon.
    Sure as it was in the top chamber, this is more the same.

Hakai flowed through the moon as it had through the palace where it sustained Cancer.

A waste of time. It's not here, either...

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The fortress was empty, as expected, as was the ritual room. Much like the first ritual room, there was a Sigil. Again, much like she expected, the Sigil connected to Cancer, allowing her to feed on the victims her minions sacrificed on it, so long as she was connected to it. The means through which she connected to the Sigil werenÂ’t known, at least not yet, but she was forming a plan to exploit that mechanic.

“This Sigil allows Cancer to feed on her sacrifices so long as she’s connected to it,” she said as if Koorimaru would know that, which he likely did. “We can use that means to poison her.” Sasheem was the best person for that job. The only issue was luring her into reconnecting with the Sigil.

“Do you know any more about her feeding process, from your time with Remnant?” she asked as she gently touched the Sigil. Her Observational Focus once again examined the Sigil. Was the any way for her to determine the means of connection between it and Cancer? Would there be any way to lure her into connecting with it?
    "It is exactly the same mechanism that had sustained her where she sat upon her throne. Indeed that was the first thing the Majin and I had acted upon," Koorimaru replied dismissively. "Cancer seems particularly aggravated when this flow is disrupted, enough to conjur up two separate manifestations that Sasheem had put his claws through. A waste of flesh, but that is not what makes Destroyers so dangerous. Remove whatever remains of its soul, yet the essence of Hakai that makes the mantle of their godhead will remain."

That much he had seen to be true with the way She Who Stalks had been dissected and in what echoes of Inda'ren remained in Remnant.

To her surprise, the sword cuts through the shield of True Magic like it wasn’t even there.

Ishtar bull rushes in after the shield is cut through and shoulder checks Efrideet backwards, where Remnant appears and kicks Efrideet downwards.

Around Remnant is a crackling blue aura instead of super Saiyan, and his aura has grown larger.
    The memory of their connection, though vestigial, still seemed to bear itself out. Though the old Destroyer had thrown its lot in with Sakin, the moment Koorimaru felt that essence, it only sharpened his cold fury.

As Parsley stared and sniffed the ground searching for whatever it is neophyte godlings do, the Frost Demon merely paced back out the way they came, retracing the steps in his mind along the pathways that had been set into the porous surface like veins through flesh.

They want nothing more but for the creature to show herself. So it shall be done. But I think it strange.

They should know best of all that one's true character emerges when something precious is threatened.

Swiping his hand before him, Koorimaru again used ki-enforced psychokinesis to cut a fissure deep into the ground of the Dark Moon and expose the vessels to the open.
    Last edited by grampagen; 09-11-2022 at 10:08 PM.

Sasheem, the shadow bats suddenly all break apart into puddles of shadowy blood and dissipate.

Cancer has fled elsewhere for the moment.
    "Awww," the Mini-Sasheem's sighed in unison before going back and reforming into one body. Sasheem attempted to see if he could find any trace of where Cancer slinked off to.

The ring slams into her eye and Binder floats back, a scream of shock escaping her mouth as she clutches her eye.
    She did it! She made a noise! It didn't seem like a question or an answer! Rules were rules! Durive danced, giggling in glee before smacking Lady Binder across the head with his speaking device, blowing a raspberry with his cardboard tongue, and finally letting himself drift off into space doing the butterfly stroke.

To her surprise, the sword cuts through the shield of True Magic like it wasn’t even there.

Ishtar bull rushes in after the shield is cut through and shoulder checks Efrideet backwards, where Remnant appears and kicks Efrideet downwards.

Around Remnant is a crackling blue aura instead of super Saiyan, and his aura has grown larger.
    A curious blade, certainly. Even True Magic, vaunted as it was- and seemed to have always been- stood no match against it. Which made what happened next surprising, a shoulder check from one, leading into a kick from another, Remnant revealed at last. With the latter at least she had proven it could be wounded; and more importantly that she could pierce its hide and tap into its energy.

Important for what would come next.

"I wonder how I'll do..." Efrideet mused aloud, rolling her shoulders and grimacing in pain as she righted herself. Her aura spiked, and with a flap of her wings she dispensed with pleasantries. Several dozen beams of True Magic exploding outwards toward the duo as she backpedaled.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

She did it! She made a noise! It didn't seem like a question or an answer! Rules were rules! Durive danced, giggling in glee before smacking Lady Binder across the head with his speaking device, blowing a raspberry with his cardboard tongue, and finally letting himself drift off into space doing the butterfly stroke.
    Binder suddenly appeared in front of him, clutching her eye.

She smiles viscously.

“I hope that blow was worth it, toy. I asked a question last, and you failed to respond in kind. I asked if you would make it quick, and you instead stabbed it into my eye.”

Durive suddenly is clutched in an invisible vice grip, Lady Binder staring at him with her one good eye.

“You lose.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    A curious blade, certainly. Even True Magic, vaunted as it was- and seemed to have always been- stood no match against it. Which made what happened next surprising, a shoulder check from one, leading into a kick from another, Remnant revealed at last. With the latter at least she had proven it could be wounded; and more importantly that she could pierce its hide and tap into its energy.

Important for what would come next.

"I wonder how I'll do..." Efrideet mused aloud, rolling her shoulders and grimacing in pain as she righted herself. Her aura spiked, and with a flap of her wings she dispensed with pleasantries. Several dozen beams of True Magic exploding outwards toward the duo as she backpedaled.
    Efrideet, something about the blade seems…….old. Older than anything you, or your other memories, ever recall. Certainly older than most universes. It has a touch of True Magic itself, but something else too.

Ishtar bats each beam away with her blade (careful not to let any touch her) while Remnant’s crystal blue aura, which has also transformed his hair from the super Saiyan yellow to a glowing blue, expands as he weaves around each at incredible speeds towards Efrideet, murder in their eyes.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Koorimaru's drones hovered nearby, pausing to take in the God of Destruction's latest action.

"It seems our quarry has slipped away. But that is what she wants us to think, hm? After all, it is we who are still on her terrain."

Sure as it was in the top chamber, this is more the same.

Hakai flowed through the moon as it had through the palace where it sustained Cancer.

A waste of time. It's not here, either...

"It is exactly the same mechanism that had sustained her where she sat upon her throne. Indeed that was the first thing the Majin and I had acted upon," Koorimaru replied dismissively. "Cancer seems particularly aggravated when this flow is disrupted, enough to conjur up two separate manifestations that Sasheem had put his claws through. A waste of flesh, but that is not what makes Destroyers so dangerous. Remove whatever remains of its soul, yet the essence of Hakai that makes the mantle of their godhead will remain."

That much he had seen to be true with the way She Who Stalks had been dissected and in what echoes of Inda'ren remained in Remnant.

The memory of their connection, though vestigial, still seemed to bear itself out. Though the old Destroyer had thrown its lot in with Sakin, the moment Koorimaru felt that essence, it only sharpened his cold fury.

As Parsley stared and sniffed the ground searching for whatever it is neophyte godlings do, the Frost Demon merely paced back out the way they came, retracing the steps in his mind along the pathways that had been set into the porous surface like veins through flesh.

They want nothing more but for the creature to show herself. So it shall be done. But I think it strange.

They should know best of all that one's true character emerges when something precious is threatened.

Swiping his hand before him, Koorimaru again used ki-enforced psychokinesis to cut a fissure deep into the ground of the Dark Moon and expose the vessels to the open.
    "Awww," the Mini-Sasheem's sighed in unison before going back and reforming into one body. Sasheem attempted to see if he could find any trace of where Cancer slinked off to.

Sasheem, you see Koorimaru’s beam slice a fissure into the ground.

You see the moon…retract?

And then a massive moonquake hits, shaking everything as Cancer suddenly emerges from the ground. She grabs Koorimaru by the throat, Hakai burning as she prepares to destroy him with one hand as her other flings out and part of the moon erupts upwards and slams into Sasheem, pinning him to the ground and slowly…absorbing him?
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The fortress was empty, as expected, as was the ritual room. Much like the first ritual room, there was a Sigil. Again, much like she expected, the Sigil connected to Cancer, allowing her to feed on the victims her minions sacrificed on it, so long as she was connected to it. The means through which she connected to the Sigil weren’t known, at least not yet, but she was forming a plan to exploit that mechanic.

Deep veins of something pulse under the Sigil and lead directly into the ground below. The Sigil allows Cancer to feed on the blood, psychic trauma caused, and fear produced by the victim. Normally, feeding can o my be done via one of those methods. The Sigil allows her to get a three-in-one meal, making her stronger each time. It also allows for faster transformations into vampires if the sacrifice is done over the Sigil.

Severing it would enrage her. Luring her to it would require a sacrifice, perhaps.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM