Page 107 of 137 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2041
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley's eyes nearly bulged out of her head when the truth about the egg was revealed. Prant! That name conjured memories of the recent meeting between herself, Ochazuke, and Zaofan and the fallen Goddess' husband and daughter. A deal was formed between the five of them, with Prant being at the center. Father and daughter held up their end of the bargain, and the means by which her side could uphold theirs was just within her grasp.

With one smooth motion, she pulled out the communicator given to them by Beast God. "I found your wife!" she said which holding a hand out toward the egg. God Ki glistened around its space and she attempted to teleport it over to her by means of Mirror's Edge.

That was, without a sliver of doubt, the hardest she had ever been hit. Bile erupted from her mouth as her momentum was completely reverse and she was sent flying back toward Parsley.

That... was stupid, she silently admitted. She managed to right herself before slamming directly into Parsley. She rubbed her torso and winced when a hot pulse of pain radiated at the lightest touch. As Ki continued to cycle through her, she streaked that way again. That time, she intended on going about her assault more intelligently. As she approached, she swung her fist.

Crimson Flash sent a myriad of punches at Cancer, while Prideful Spirit would make sure they got her attention away from Koorimaru. After that... well, she would think of that when it came time for it.
    The teleport fails as an aura of Hakai seems to protect the egg.

Cancer looks at Sarada as she approaches and raises a hand……..

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Koorimaru collapsed in a pain-ridden heap at her feet. Straining to prop himself up, his body curled and contorted.

This psionic pressure...no!

His eyes were wide, bloodshot, widened out from their sockets as he stared blind fury into the fleshy earth below him, and as he dragged trails of it beneath his black fingernails, sounds of defiance choked out from behind his throat as he attempted to shield his mind.

Whether he could resist successfully or not, a part of his inner nature was nonetheless laid bare before the Goddess of Destruction. His aloof sensibilities that played with his refined airs were not merely founded upon a high opinion of himself, it was twisted from an inner darkness conditioned from an indignity that was not dissimilar to Cancer's attempted subjugation.

Saradasuke...stole my life's work...Inda'ren...culled my soul for Remnant...Asha'rah...!!!

Deeper than all else, however, was a calculated ambition that animated this Arcosian's heart, and a seething hatred for all those that would dare to presume to stand over him from the lowest of the anthropoid races to the mandates of heaven and hell themselves.

It was not merely egotism, but ultimately the drive to live, and it would be on no terms but his own.

I will slay every last one of you...once I seize the Heart of Prant,I'll-!

"KYAAAAH-!!!!"

Koorimaru threw his fists downward with such force they bled, and from within him the Calamity Barrier expanded, carrying the lacerating force of thousands of microfilament Death Beams out in a radius heedless of his surroundings.
    Cancer, Sarada, and everything close gets bombarded by the barrage of thousands of microfilament Death Beams. The remaining moon fragments nearby disintegrate (with only the one Karine and Held are on still standing).

Poor Lantro and Parsley take some of this being on the outskirts. Lantro is now adrift in space.

Sarada, this would have most likely injured you to some degree as your were mid-strike against Cancer, your defenses not up for such a thing For Cancer, it shreds her body completely and utterly. No remnant of her remains.

When the light and dust settles, it appears only your free floating bodies and the egg remain.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem, barely able to speak let alone move or even heal, gurgles screams of anguish. The only thing on his mind is that he doesn't want it to end. Not here. Not on this stoopid world. Fumbling around, barely able to even see, he almost instinctively zaps his antennae across the ground, in an attempt to turn whatever was left into some sort of food or sustenance. Water, fruit, meat. Nothing fancy. Just whatever would give him energy to survive further.
    You manage to get just enough to survive when the rest of the moon fragment you were by disintegrates under Koorimaru’s AOE attack.

You are alive, but not nearly at perfect health and free floating in space now.

But you are alive.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The foreign presence ebbed into this space, yet within this strange ethereal resonance, Ochazuke's presence did not stir from his waking meditation.

"Fae...there is only one Fae here at Sakin's side. Whatever covenant you presumed was drawn in your own blood."

The layer of binding swept over him, and he remained, seated upon the firmament of his own will.

"To claim victory from nothing...perhaps your regard for me is as little as the faith you have in your methods."

As her energy mixed with his, Ochazuke was a quiet study. There was a spark of something there that was far greater than his singular presence. When he spoke next, the Mastered Kiai a reverbed upon the spiritual matter she laid bare.

"Divest your lie." What consent would there be for her bleeding upon his ship? "Behold the truth." A pact made upon unravelled lies like a foundation of sand.

And when she drew from this binding of the spirit and ki into her physical flesh, the faith of thirty billion souls upon the Heka he channeled with him since Reshlan shook with a reverb as he spoke a command to her essence, fixed upon these two places.

"Shatter."
    Lady Binder pauses, eye wide, when terrible cracks appear all over her body. Light pours out of them, her face twisted in pain and disbelief. As the cracks expand, energy pours and as just before she goes critical, her eyes lock on Ocahazuke (one bloodshot and damages, the other terrified) and she utters one word.

Kath-kama-dra.

The Fae shatters and explodes apart, her body disintegrating before his eyes.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Standing within eyesight of Lady Binder is Durive, the smaller variant, seemingly nonplussed about having to deal with her before, now content with licking a handful of frozen broccoli as if it were ice cream. He doesn't say or do anything, aside from staring at Lady Binder and licking the broccoli. It was fairly disconcerting. He hoped it'd be the last thing she saw before she died.
    Ochazuke’s face was, but she did see him doing this briefly before she cracked apart and exploded.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat takes the energy supplements. " I guess now I have to help with Cancer, however for me, that's going to be a problem. One I can't fucking breathe in space. Two it's fucking cold in space," Praxat said.

" Three I'm not fucking warm blood, so I lose body heat quickly in the cold, and it's cold enough in space to make me go into hibernation. The last time I was floating in space. I nearly became a floating popsicle," Praxat said.

" I do have my electromagnetic energy form. I wonder if that could be of any use?" Praxat said.
    “Then don’t fight her, offer support. The moon they were fighting in just exploded, we should make sure they are all fine and not just drifting off into space.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "I don't know!" Held shouted defensively, as he neatly sidestepped the Acrosians sent in his direction, so that they would collide with Karine's sphere.

He began to rub his chin in thought.

"The spikes shouldn't have been that big....I didn't think there was enough time for them to be nourished enough to damage the moon, let alone to this----ANYWAYS."

There was little time to waste. The orb had managed to endure, somewhat.

Ki began to ripple in the palms of his hand as he dashed towards the orb.

Let's see if this can knock the rest of the shell loose..

Unicorn's Hooves Shake The Sea!

The Nevadian gritted his teeth as he prepared to impart the violent shaking, shattering energy into the orb like a localized earthquake, hopefully rocking it apart with the series of rapid shockwaves. He gave little thought to the nearby Acrosians who would likely be rendered into paste by the vibration passing into their being.
    Paste they are rendered into as the energy shatters Karine’s confinement and she slumps down before Held, alive but unconscious.

Charco meanwhile continues guarding their backs, Ghost Hakai and Tyranno Blasts wiping out more of their foes.

“She alive?” He calls out just before a rather large Arcosian punches shim hard enough to send him flying towards Held.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Parsley, before the AOE from Koorimaru, you do hear a single “On our way.” From Last Daughter.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    There is a moment of terror before Ishtar roars. A thousand lights of Ruination eruptt under her skin. For Efrideet, to purge the Ruination out takes a great deal of effort, but the implacable will she bears beats against Ishtar and slowly, slowly each of the lights start to go out.

Evenatully, weakly, Ishtar beats against her but the Ruination is bled and purged out. A thin, weak husk of a body stays in Efrideet’s grasp. Little more than skin and bones, Ishtar trembled in the ironlike grasp of her quasi-alternate.

“No…not…not again…….”

She feebly tries to use the sword, but it tumbles out of her grasp. She weakly summons a small ball of Hakai and attempts to place it against Efrideet’s chest.
    "That the rot of Ruination could be purged means that not all of you was lost..." Efrideet mutters, softly. Tired. It was not over quite yet, however.

Doing her best to nullify the Hakai pressed desperately to her chest; she would loosen her grip on the Oni at the same time as her tail wraps around to grasp the Sword of Damocles, to pull it from Ishtar's reach. It pained her, even now so far removed from this cycle of strife, this unending tournament of power, to see what a version of herself- who she might yet have been- had become."To see you, now. What this failing system has done to you... driven you to do... become. I think I understand him now.."

Not simply stubbornness, beneath his surface. Not simply spite.

She pressed a hand to Ishtar's chest, the weak pulse of her heart beating against her fingertips, palm welling with True Magic. A desire to see things improved for the better.

"Given a second chance, would you seize it... Ishtar? Strive to make the best of it?"

OT: Ball's in your court now, Cleric, based on the terms of our agreement
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "That the rot of Ruination could be purged means that not all of you was lost..." Efrideet mutters, softly. Tired. It was not over quite yet, however.

Doing her best to nullify the Hakai pressed desperately to her chest; she would loosen her grip on the Oni at the same time as her tail wraps around to grasp the Sword of Damocles, to pull it from Ishtar's reach. It pained her, even now so far removed from this cycle of strife, this unending tournament of power, to see what a version of herself- who she might yet have been- had become."To see you, now. What this failing system has done to you... driven you to do... become. I think I understand him now.."

She pressed a hand to Ishtar's chest, the weak pulse of her heart beating against her fingertips, palm welling with True Magic. A desire to see things improved for the better.

"Given a second chance, would you seize it... Ishtar? Strive to make the best of it?"

The Hakai is easily countered, Ishtar little more than a wasted waif, her energy barely still there, Ruination having long since hollowed most of her out.

Faintly, as her life force flickers, she responds.

“……yes…”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Then don’t fight her, offer support. The moon they were fighting in just exploded, we should make sure they are all fine and not just drifting off into space.”

" Miras, let me try something. I'm going to attempt to use my electroreception to locate the others and check on their status," Praxat said.

Praxat then focuses on expanding the active part of her Electroreception to locate the others and check on their status.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley, before the AOE from Koorimaru, you do hear a single “On our way.” From Last Daughter.

"Roger that," Parsley replied. The teleport failed as she was speaking to the two incoming warriors. A film of Hakai enveloped the egg. If she was going to get it to safety, as in away from Cancer and anyone else with questionable intentions, she needed to deal with that first. As she prepared a wave of Divine Nullification to free it...

Cancer, Sarada, and everything close gets bombarded by the barrage of thousands of microfilament Death Beams. The remaining moon fragments nearby disintegrate (with only the one Karine and Held are on still standing).

Poor Lantro and Parsley take some of this being on the outskirts. Lantro is now adrift in space.

Sarada, this would have most likely injured you to some degree as your were mid-strike against Cancer, your defenses not up for such a thing For Cancer, it shreds her body completely and utterly. No remnant of her remains.

When the light and dust settles, it appears only your free floating bodies and the egg remain.
    ...hell erupted in her face. She was on the very outskirts of Koorimaru's desperate attack, but still was inflicted with dozens upon dozens of microfilament Death Beams cutting and piercing her with unrelenting force. She felt the air that had been trapped within the hastily cast shield of her sister's seep out as nigh countless holes had been bored through, followed by singular drops of blood that poured out of the myriad wounds. The edges of her vision blackened, but she was still conscious. She clapped a hand over her mouth, desperate to hold what little oxygen she had left within her burning lungs.

For Sarada, the only way to describe the aftermath of Koorimaru's Calamity Barrier was that she was shredded. She was right there within punching distance of Cancer when the thousands of beams struck. Her back was turned, so she had no way of knowing they were coming, no way of being able to defend herself outside of the flimsy shield that only served to contain the little air from the moon's atmosphere so she could breathe. As such, she had no hope of remaining intact. They struck before she knew what happened... then, there was nothing but darkness.

As the light settled, all that remained of her was an arm, a torso, and her head. The crimson aura of the Saiyan God form was gone, as was the shield. What little remained of the Saiyan Queen floated through dead space, unmoving and with no immediately evident signs of life...
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The Hakai is easily countered, Ishtar little more than a wasted waif, her energy barely still there, Ruination having long since hollowed most of her out.

Faintly, as her life force flickers, she responds.

“……yes…”
    Efrideet smiles. "Then who am I to deny you."

Pressing her palm flush with the Oni's chest, Efrideet would offer both hope, and an infusion of True Magic. For good or ill, she would do her best to repair the broken woman.

OT: All yours, boss man!
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Koorimaru's world flooded with white light, and the barrier knit from the violence shook to a roar, deafening him to everything but what had been orchestrated from the calamity barrier.

When the final dredges of his energy had been expended, before the leaden feeling spread through all his body, the cold vacuum of space stilled his racing thoughts, but for the mark Cancer left upon him.

Shuddering, Koorimaru lift his hands to his view, and through glazed vision he inspected his them as the fingers moved, animated by his will alone through the pain.

I remain. I am...myself...

Though diminished to a fraction of his fighting strength, he could still move, and even as the sounds of battle echoed through the fragments of fleshlike rock and past the laser fire of the spacefaring vessels behind them, he heards only the sound of his own heart that yet continued to beat life through him.

With great strain, he cast a Void Tunnel beside himself to summon the remnants of his drones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Roger that," Parsley replied. The teleport failed as she was speaking to the two incoming warriors. A film of Hakai enveloped the egg. If she was going to get it to safety, as in away from Cancer and anyone else with questionable intentions, she needed to deal with that first. As she prepared a wave of Divine Nullification to free it...

...hell erupted in her face. She was on the very outskirts of Koorimaru's desperate attack, but still was inflicted with dozens upon dozens of microfilament Death Beams cutting and piercing her with unrelenting force. She felt the air that had been trapped within the hastily cast shield of her sister's seep out as nigh countless holes had been bored through, followed by singular drops of blood that poured out of the myriad wounds. The edges of her vision blackened, but she was still conscious. She clapped a hand over her mouth, desperate to hold what little oxygen she had left within her burning lungs.

For Sarada, the only way to describe the aftermath of Koorimaru's Calamity Barrier was that she was shredded. She was right there within punching distance of Cancer when the thousands of beams struck. Her back was turned, so she had no way of knowing they were coming, no way of being able to defend herself outside of the flimsy shield that only served to contain the little air from the moon's atmosphere so she could breathe. As such, she had no hope of remaining intact. They struck before she knew what happened... then, there was nothing but darkness.

As the light settled, all that remained of her was an arm, a torso, and her head. The crimson aura of the Saiyan God form was gone, as was the shield. What little remained of the Saiyan Queen floated through dead space, unmoving and with no immediately evident signs of life...
    Long seconds passed sorting through the agony within his own person before his finer ki senses returned. Yes...there were those pretending to assume a godhead here...

Among the fragments of red rock that once siphoned blood and energy, other than the remainder of the vampiric host he sensed in flickers elsewhere, there was little indication that Cancer had ever been.

Briefly, he cast a glance behind him at the Royal Saiyan sisters, their third, and the large one obsessed with his sport.

Let them linger awhile. Perhaps that will realign their perspective to suit our circumstance...this is no paltry game of challenges and glories.

Floating forward towards his prize, he surveyed the Egg of the Creator. Its shape remained in perpetuity, the same manner in which it had been laid here as he'd seen through Remnant's memories.

No matter what airs there are only winners and losers here.

Moreover, as Inda'ren had stolen control of his body, so had the phantom godling enacted changes to his own person.

I'd suspected as much...but the moment I'd sighted the energy signature that had felled Jormungandr...

Lady Binder pauses, eye wide, when terrible cracks appear all over her body. Light pours out of them, her face twisted in pain and disbelief. As the cracks expand, energy pours and as just before she goes critical, her eyes lock on Ocahazuke (one bloodshot and damages, the other terrified) and she utters one word.

Kath-kama-dra.

The Fae shatters and explodes apart, her body disintegrating before his eyes.
    With the bond that had been forced made unfeasible by the Lady Binder's own method, Ochazuke sat in silence as the tenants that bound her to her words clashed against the fabric of her own existence.

Yet as she spoke her final word, reflexively he raised his right hand where Arthur's Ring had rested in an effort to guard against what may very well be another design of the arcane.

It may have served you well to partake of Caladash Banespell's madness to render your covenant. Yet you would corrupt good faith and call it truth if you'd never truly had to bear the weight of it.

Slowly, the subliminal vision faded as the Fae's energy interlaced with his receded, reality anchoring itself once more upon the Leylines of the universe where he set his Meditation Field, and with that the shift in the battle before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Much in the same manner, as the earlier curse was lifted and power returned to the bridge of the Gotengo, Zaofan pressed his view forward along with Jack. The energy cast off in the ensuing battle had been immense, and they were far too distant to pick up the conversation as they watched.

Perhaps is was more to assure himself with the lull of the situation, but the chef's lips mouthed the words as he nodded to himself as he watched Efrideet and Ishtar from their vantage point.

Yeah, that's right. You don't have to go all the way, you already made your point, there's nothing more to prove!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Miras, let me try something. I'm going to attempt to use my electroreception to locate the others and check on their status," Praxat said.

Praxat then focuses on expanding the active part of her Electroreception to locate the others and check on their status.
    She can feel several people on the last moon chunk (Held being one of them) still active. She also senses Lantro, Parsley, and Koorimaru floating around.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM