Page 12 of 137 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “****.”

Parsley, the blood sun pulses with a strange energy briefly and you all of a sudden feel very sleepy, like something is lulling you to sleep.
    Parsley felt her eyes growing heavy. Whatever happened to the sun, it was emitting some sort of strange energy that was lulling herself and other Saiyans to sleep. If that happened, it wasn't going to be good. Obviously, the entity responsible had nothing but malevolent intentions in mind. "Whatever you do, Avoca, don't let yourself fall asleep," she said, turning her gaze to her wife.

It had to do with the pulse right before the crimson light shone down on them. Is it a spell?

Parsley gritted her teeth to keep from succumbing to the blood sun's effect and use her full senses to get a better perspective of what was happening.

Toki Yo Tomare! + Observational Focus
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Avoca figures she has five, ten minutes tops before she bleeds out.
    Figured. Even Elfland, with all its magic healing ability, couldn't save her. Avoca's fate was as good as sealed, it seemed. Her vision had darkened considerably. The hand of death tightened its grip around her, pitching her into a icy cold that she had never felt in her life. She wanted to shiver, to wrap her arms around herself in an attempt to warm up, but that damned vampire's paralyzing whatever still had her body completely motionless.

She was completely at Death's mercy.

"I'm sorry, Parsley. I guess I'm not as strong or clever as you thought."

A lump formed in her throat as realization hit her. She was going to die and Parsley wasn't going to find out until it was too late. That fucking was going to kill their kids, or turn them into slaves or something, and there was nothing anyone could do about it. She was too strong for any of them to beat. Who was she kidding? None of them stood a chance against these gods and angels and whatever the **** else was out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Nevanlinna's form split as she created a body-double, who raced off to Ilargi to gather needed medical supplies, while Neva-Prime laid her hands over Avoca. Hozon flared and streamed into Avoca, to preserve her life.
    So, you've given up already, huh? "Sarada" asked her with a steely glare beaming down on her.

"I'm... dead, Sarada. Just... leave me... alone."

No.

The single word was spoken with such steely resolve that Avoca could find no way to answer. She just stared at her best friend with tears falling down the sides of her face.

You expect me to tell Mais and Garnish that their mom let herself be done in by some do-nothing, bitch-made god? Huh?!

Sarada held her hand out. Listen up and listen good: stop being a bitch. We need you. Parsley needs you. I won't let you die after everything you've done for me in the past. You got that?

"I..." Again, she couldn't respond. How could she? Sarada was right; how could she let herself just die without a fight? Just because Cancer was a god didn't mean she was unbeatable. And Sarada and Parsley were going to need her help to stop her, even if it meant just being a distraction. "I'll hold on... for you... all." Her spirit and resolve had been bolstered. Whether her body responded was a different story. She was starting to feel a little better, so there was that. Better in that she was sure she had given herself a few more minutes. She was by no means out of the woods yet. Maybe the realm's healing stuff would kick in by then.

Maybe...
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    After talking to her people and soothing their concerns, and ordering the knights to mobilize, Nevanlinna did what she usually did and went to Vaikuntha to center herself and work. When she was needed, Luop or her mother would know where to find her. After all, they were the only threshlings with 'keys'.

Some time passed, and she buried herself in her work. And then... she sensed it. Someone entering her realm, by way of a key. She had made each key's 'signature' distinct and identifiable, and she recognized the one entering as... ah, it was Avoca, Parsley's mate. Oddly, she was alone, but perhaps she wished to get in some training for the oncoming battle?

Upon expanding her senses, she realized that was not the case. She could barely sense the Saiyaness, and the energies--hozon and otherwise--were flowing into her in a way that indicated injury. And, unfathomably, that passive healing seemed quite insufficient.

How worrying.

Rising to her feet and took flight, reaching Avoca in less than a minute. There, she indeed found Avoca, looking... horrid, to be quite honest. Her energy was almost nil, and something had injured her gravely. She was bleeding out.

She gently knelt down and examined the saiyan. There was a bite mark on her thigh, from which crimson life flowed endlessly. She had perhaps... ten minutes, at best, before death claimed her.

Nevanlinna's form split as she created a body-double, who raced off to Ilargi to gather needed medical supplies, while Neva-Prime laid her hands over Avoca. Hozon flared and streamed into Avoca, to preserve her life.
    Whatever injured her fights you, but in the end Hozon wins and Avoca is slowly stabilized.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    As Tundra was led away, he noticed Letchee being dropped in front of Sheki'hinah. He chuckled to himself and turned, leaving his loyal minion to his fate.

Sarada's gaze fell upon the blood red sun again. A strange light pulsed from it, casting down on the entire planet. One by one, Saiyans - soldiers and civilians alike - felt themselves growing tired, like they had just finished an entire day of training. They fell out of the sky and to the ground like flies.

Sarada shook her head to clear her head and keep from falling asleep. "Something... is wrong...," she murmured. She raised her hands to the sky and transformed to Super Saiyan. A massive pillar of green energy erupted from her hands and darted upward and skyward. When it reached the lower atmosphere, it split and spread outward and across the planet to form a massive barrier that would, hopefully, block out the light from the blood sun.
    It…kind of works. Those who already succumbed are out. The rest, like Sarada, resist the effect but feel lethargic from the previous exposure.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Dammit, Sasheem needs to make a pit stop on the way to Cask then..." The Majin sighed, beginning to take flight. "Sasheem needs to vamoose! You know what this **** is capable of so like Sasheem said...help us fight it!" Sasheem was about to take off before, he suddenly stopped mid-flight. He'd forgotten a few things in his hurry. First things first. The Majin ventured over towards the hot dog vendor, nodding appreciatively before stating, "Gonna take two dogs with sauerkraut for the road. Put it on Pants' tab, you know the deal!"

That was the first thing. The second was the one ally he'd left behind as backup. "Just follow me to the lookout, lameass," he spoke to what appeared to be a haggard old man, but from his appearance and aura, it could be assumed that he was a mage of some sort.

And thirdly...Sasheem zoomed up to Maven. "Oh, and you're gonna help too!" He smiled widely. "Or else." With that, he grabbed her by the collar, attempting to drag her towards Eva's Lookout.
    The Maven squeaks in protest, Royal decorum abandoned for surprise and affront as she is dragged by Sasheem.

Auroc follows quietly, and Sasheem gets the feeling the former “God” is far more perturbed by this Dreadnaught than he let on.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Blizzar shakes her hand. "Indeed, you do, Miss Blunter. Now, shall we signal a cease-fire?"
    She nods and shakes his hand before tapping at her wrist computer and the two dozen ships attacking the Katchin Squadron peel off. The others attackers, part of a different organization or group, remain.

“My people are out.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Parsley felt her eyes growing heavy. Whatever happened to the sun, it was emitting some sort of strange energy that was lulling herself and other Saiyans to sleep. If that happened, it wasn't going to be good. Obviously, the entity responsible had nothing but malevolent intentions in mind. "Whatever you do, Avoca, don't let yourself fall asleep," she said, turning her gaze to her wife.

It had to do with the pulse right before the crimson light shone down on them. Is it a spell?

Parsley gritted her teeth to keep from succumbing to the blood sun's effect and use her full senses to get a better perspective of what was happening.

Toki Yo Tomare! + Observational Focus
    As she turns her gaze and awareness to the red sun, she can see a faint aura going around the planet, feeling faintly of Sarada.

In that moment, when her gaze is turned away, Avoca strikes.

From behind, she sinks her teeth into Parsley’s throat and drinks deeply, one hand cramping over her mouth and nose like a vise grip, the other wrapping around her chest and holding her flush. The drinking immediately weakens Parsley drastically, and she can also feel some sort of paraletic agent taking over her body, paralyzing her. The thing wearing Avoca’s face pulls the two of them back into the palace and out of sight, drinking her blood and power like Saiyan eating at a feast.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

There is a battle happening not far from Capsule Corp. It appears to be a small and quiet affair, but no less fierce. That is the closest disturbance.

Praxat unsheaths her ancestor Disdemona's sword and turns it and her into pure electromagnetic energy. Praxat then heads towards the small battle. Suddenly what seems like a flash of lightning strikes the battlefield.

The physical form of Praxat and a sword manifested for form this flash. Praxat infused the sword with electromagnetic energy. She then uses her Bio- Electromagnokinesis to remotely control the sword.

Sending it flying across the battlefield like a boomerang control its trajectory and movement.

OT: the speed of a electromagnetic wave is 50 to 99% the speed of light.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Figured. Even Elfland, with all its magic healing ability, couldn't save her. Avoca's fate was as good as sealed, it seemed. Her vision had darkened considerably. The hand of death tightened its grip around her, pitching her into a icy cold that she had never felt in her life. She wanted to shiver, to wrap her arms around herself in an attempt to warm up, but that damned vampire's paralyzing whatever still had her body completely motionless.

She was completely at Death's mercy.

"I'm sorry, Parsley. I guess I'm not as strong or clever as you thought."

A lump formed in her throat as realization hit her. She was going to die and Parsley wasn't going to find out until it was too late. That fucking was going to kill their kids, or turn them into slaves or something, and there was nothing anyone could do about it. She was too strong for any of them to beat. Who was she kidding? None of them stood a chance against these gods and angels and whatever the **** else was out there.

So, you've given up already, huh? "Sarada" asked her with a steely glare beaming down on her.

"I'm... dead, Sarada. Just... leave me... alone."

No.

The single word was spoken with such steely resolve that Avoca could find no way to answer. She just stared at her best friend with tears falling down the sides of her face.

You expect me to tell Mais and Garnish that their mom let herself be done in by some do-nothing, bitch-made god? Huh?!

Sarada held her hand out. Listen up and listen good: stop being a bitch. We need you. Parsley needs you. I won't let you die after everything you've done for me in the past. You got that?

"I..." Again, she couldn't respond. How could she? Sarada was right; how could she let herself just die without a fight? Just because Cancer was a god didn't mean she was unbeatable. And Sarada and Parsley were going to need her help to stop her, even if it meant just being a distraction. "I'll hold on... for you... all." Her spirit and resolve had been bolstered. Whether her body responded was a different story. She was starting to feel a little better, so there was that. Better in that she was sure she had given herself a few more minutes. She was by no means out of the woods yet. Maybe the realm's healing stuff would kick in by then.

Maybe...
    Whatever injured her fights you, but in the end Hozon wins and Avoca is slowly stabilized.
    There was something inside Avoca that fought against the Hozon Neva was bathing the saiyan in. She had to put in far more effort than expected to overcome it, but in the end, she emerged victorious and stabilized the Saiyan. She breathed a sigh of relief and refocused her efforts to both stabilize and heal, lacing in a healing effect with the preservative one.

The clone neva made it to Ilargi and entered her little, ah... research facility there. This place, which had started as a mere hut, was now a sizeable facility where she did most of her work and research, or at least the work and research she wanted to get done quickly, given the time dilated nature of the planet. The entire thing was a patchwork combination of threshling magitech and reverse engineered first race hyper-tech.

CloNeva went directly to the medical lab, and gathered up what she needed. Specifically, she had come here for two things...

One, an experimental healing compound refined from those Hell peaches she and Ishtar had planted in Vaikuntha so long ago. There... wasn't a lot--just enough for one dose for one person--and it was hitherto (mostly) untested, but in theory it was the most potent healing agent she had available. Plus, its taste was simply divine.

The second was Avoca's gift that she had been working on alongside the gifts for the others. It appeared to be a simple suit of saiyan-style armor, but she had gotten a bit experimental with it, so to speak. She did not particularly favor Avoca--she'd spoken to her a few times during their training on Ilargi not too long ago, but little more--but had simply decided to see what sorts of wondrous things she could pull off with her new crafting skills. She hadn't consulted the saiyan at all, but she was quite sure she'd find the armor useful.

Gathering the PreserviPeach and armor, CloNeva exited the facility and began making her way back to Vaikuntha proper, jetting up and through Ilargi's atmosphere with great haste. As the direction of gravity changed and she passed through the time distortion field surrounding Ilargi, she was hit with a not-inconsiderable amount of disorientation, but persisted. Aiming herself where her main body was, she covered the distance quickly, landing roughly a few paces away from, er, herself.

Walking over to her main self, CloNeva placed the PreserviPeach and armor set next to her, then dissipated.

Working quickly, Neva first applied a portion of the PreserviPeach directly to Avoca's wounds, then fed the remainder to her so it could work on any internal wounds the Saiyan might have.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 10-07-2021 at 07:00 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

The Maven squeaks in protest, Royal decorum abandoned for surprise and affront as she is dragged by Sasheem.

Auroc follows quietly, and Sasheem gets the feeling the former “God” is far more perturbed by this Dreadnaught than he let on.
    "Eva! Yo, Eva, it's..." Sasheem pauses during his approach to the Lookout as he detects several distinct ki signatures. Some familiar, some malevolent. Was there anywhere that wasn't getting thrashed somewhere?! "BAH! It's Sasheem! Got some **** to tell you and then he's on his way so hurry up!"

She nods and shakes his hand before tapping at her wrist computer and the two dozen ships attacking the Katchin Squadron peel off. The others attackers, part of a different organization or group, remain.

“My people are out.”
    "Much appreciated," Blizzar nodded, handing Liz a communicator. "We'll speak more in due time. For now..." Blizzar turned to look at the remaining assailants, grabbing one of the enemies deployed in space and telekinetically tossing him through one of the ships as the Katchin Squad regrouped and began engaging the other organizations' vessels. Blizzar lurched his arm backward, drawing the attacker he had grabbed before towards him, asking, "Don't suppose your bosses would like to parley as well, would they?"

"Eva! Yo, Eva, it's..." Sasheem pauses during his approach to the Lookout as he detects several distinct ki signatures. Some familiar, some malevolent. Was there anywhere that wasn't getting thrashed somewhere?! "BAH! It's Sasheem! Got some **** to tell you and then he's on his way so hurry up!"
    Eva stands with her hands on Totoma’s shoulders, as Charco’s Solar Shot illuminates a strange horror scene below the Lookout.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Much appreciated," Blizzar nodded, handing Liz a communicator. "We'll speak more in due time. For now..." Blizzar turned to look at the remaining assailants, grabbing one of the enemies deployed in space and telekinetically tossing him through one of the ships as the Katchin Squad regrouped and began engaging the other organizations' vessels. Blizzar lurched his arm backward, drawing the attacker he had grabbed before towards him, asking, "Don't suppose your bosses would like to parley as well, would they?"
    The assailant, a blob like Flan creature, responds by attempting to swallow Blizzar hole and digest him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

A…force, like a strong wind heralding the flames of a forest fire, blows into Totoma’s mind and it is only Eva’s presence that prevents him from being overwhelmed. Such hatred, such….otherness. The minds at the other end are terrible, filled with far too many angles and alien concepts.
    Combined with a bit of Heka and Totoma’s connection to everyone, the burning Ki of Solar Shot illuminates a nightmare.

Creatures, near formless, with odd angles and dimensions clung to the bottom of the Lookout like leeches. Invisible, they ooze a type of invisible mist that deadens flight and certain other Ki abilities. The presence they exude is foul and awful, scratching at their minds and senses as they try and observe things that shouldn’t be in this dimension.
    Totoma recoiled from... whatever it was that his mind touched, but Eva's presence managed to protect him.

Okay, yeah, that was stupid of me.

He had no idea what he was seeing right now, other than that they were... wrong, somehow. Not, like, demon-type wrong, but 'does not belong in reality' wrong. He felt sick even beholding them for a brief instant--especially since they looked kinda like leeches. Gross. He hated leeches.

Wouldn't even eat them, and he was a Saiyan!

"Crap, this... isn't good. I can't fight and help keep the lookout aloft at the same time," he said, beads of sweat beginning to form on his brow. "Should we just set the lookout down somewhere nearby, Eva?"
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Avoca figures she has five, ten minutes tops before she bleeds out.
    As she turns her gaze and awareness to the red sun, she can see a faint aura going around the planet, feeling faintly of Sarada.

In that moment, when her gaze is turned away, Avoca strikes.

From behind, she sinks her teeth into Parsley’s throat and drinks deeply, one hand cramping over her mouth and nose like a vise grip, the other wrapping around her chest and holding her flush. The drinking immediately weakens Parsley drastically, and she can also feel some sort of paraletic agent taking over her body, paralyzing her. The thing wearing Avoca’s face pulls the two of them back into the palace and out of sight, drinking her blood and power like Saiyan eating at a feast.
    Parsley couldn't detect anything, but she did see that Sarada formed a barrier around the planet to block the blood sun's pulsating energy. It worked. She no longer felt on the verge of falling asleep; instead, she felt like she had just woken up from a long midday nap. Sluggish and lethargic, it would take some time for her to shake off the trammels of whatever afflicted her. Out of the corner of her eye, she could many of her kin weren't so lucky. They laid on the ground, fast asleep.

Before she could speak, Avoca grabbed her and sunk her teeth into her throat. !!! She let out a gurgling sound right before Avoca's hand clamped down hard over her mouth and nose. It was difficult to breath. Further, she couldn't move. Not just because of the abnormally powerful arm synched in over her chest, but also because something had paralyzed her. What the hell? What is happening? Why is she doing this?!

Then, as she was being dragged back into the palace and away from anyone who could possibly help her, the realization hit her. Sarada said Avoca was in trouble, then that "Avoca" emerged from the palace. An Avoca that was obviously either fake or taken over by some entity. Whatever the case, she was in serious trouble.

Don't panic. The more you panic, the faster your heart beats. The faster I bleed out.

Oh gods, she was bleeding out. Blood was being sucked out of her neck and devoured by that creature clamped around her. Had Avoca been turned into a vampire of some kind? How?

I have to get free, but I can't move! Her only hope was her magic. Her power had dropped significantly. Transforming was out of the question, as was fighting her way out of the grip. Magic was her only way of getting free and escaping.

She closed her eyes and tried to access her magical energy.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!