Page 54 of 137 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

A strange flute like musical kite can be heard all over the planet, faintly by most, as Sarada and Parsley both vanish from the surface.

It seems a new for has appeared as well and taken them. The demon beast meanwhile strains against the bounds Totoma has encircled it with, the Saiyan knowing it will soon burst free.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Sarada would find her punch is….blocked? A shimmer of energy, a hand catching her punch and a sudden jerking motion as she is forcefully teleported away.

At the same time, Parsley’s attack mysteriously vanishes with a strange flute, as does she when something touches her back. She lands on her back, next to Sarada, after forcefully being teleported.

Sarada lands face down on a world she does not recognize, but Parsley does. Probably because the near madness inducing silence that reigns over it.

Night’s world, with remnants of dead Jormunder in its orbit.
    One moment, Sarada's fist was about to take out a chunk of the creature's body. The next, she was lying face-down in a patch of grass that looked nothing like Reshlan. "What the hell? Where am I?" She rose to her feet and looked around. "Parsley?"

Her sister was next to her, lying on her back. Her eyes were opened wide from shock, most likely from being forcibly teleported to... wherever they were at.

Sarada looked skyward. Something wasn't right. The air was still and empty. It wasn't the first time she had experienced a lack of wind, but that wasn't it. The planet was quiet. Too quiet. Every time she spoke, it was like she was the only person talking in an empty amphitheater. Except they didn't echo. There wasn't a single sound to be heard. It was like everything around them had been muted. Even her footsteps sounded like they were being broadcast over a loudspeaker. "Where are we?"

"Night's world... in Universe 18."

That name conjured a memory of the prophesy her sister had been told about the second time she encountered Night on his world. A coming "storm" and herself, Parsley, and Inanna were at the center of it. "How did we get here?" She held a hand out to help her up.

"You heard a flute just before we vanished, didn't you?" Parsley answered as she accepted the hand and was hefted up. "That was Night. He can control even the strongest beings with that flute, immobilizing them or harming them in some way." Her eyes were cast upward, past the planet's sky and into the ebony backdrop far beyond. There's a petrified wish dragon, Jormungand, floating up there, just to give scope of his power."

Night had brought them there himself. If the "storm" in question had anything to do with Sakin, then it was already upon them. And since he brought them and only them to his own world, then the prophecy he foresaw or whatever was about to be fulfilled. "I have a very strong feeling that something bad is about to happen. Is he here?"

“No idea. Let me check.” Observational Focus
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    One moment, Sarada's fist was about to take out a chunk of the creature's body. The next, she was lying face-down in a patch of grass that looked nothing like Reshlan. "What the hell? Where am I?" She rose to her feet and looked around. "Parsley?"

Her sister was next to her, lying on her back. Her eyes were opened wide from shock, most likely from being forcibly teleported to... wherever they were at.

Sarada looked skyward. Something wasn't right. The air was still and empty. It wasn't the first time she had experienced a lack of wind, but that wasn't it. The planet was quiet. Too quiet. Every time she spoke, it was like she was the only person talking in an empty amphitheater. Except they didn't echo. There wasn't a single sound to be heard. It was like everything around them had been muted. Even her footsteps sounded like they were being broadcast over a loudspeaker. "Where are we?"

"Night's world... in Universe 18."

That name conjured a memory of the prophesy her sister had been told about the second time she encountered Night on his world. A coming "storm" and herself, Parsley, and Inanna were at the center of it. "How did we get here?" She held a hand out to help her up.

"You heard a flute just before we vanished, didn't you?" Parsley answered as she accepted the hand and was hefted up. "That was Night. He can control even the strongest beings with that flute, immobilizing them or harming them in some way." Her eyes were cast upward, past the planet's sky and into the ebony backdrop far beyond. There's a petrified wish dragon, Jormungand, floating up there, just to give scope of his power."

Night had brought them there himself. If the "storm" in question had anything to do with Sakin, then it was already upon them. And since he brought them and only them to his own world, then the prophecy he foresaw or whatever was about to be fulfilled. "I have a very strong feeling that something bad is about to happen. Is he here?"

“No idea. Let me check.” Observational Focus
    He’s behind you. Watching, quietly, no sound. Flute perched at his lips, but he’s not playing.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He’s behind you. Watching, quietly, no sound. Flute perched at his lips, but he’s not playing.
    Parsley turned, promoting Sarada to do the same. There, they found Night, watching them silently. Had she not thought to ask, Sarada didn't think they would have even known he was there until he decided to make his move.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Parsley standing tensely. She knew these person better than Sarada, so she decided to follow her lead and stay her hand for the time being.

"Night?" she said, a pensive frown on her brow. "I don't respond well to be snatched up randomly and whisked away to another universe, so what gives?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley turned, promoting Sarada to do the same. There, they found Night, watching them silently. Had she not thought to ask, Sarada didn't think they would have even known he was there until he decided to make his move.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Parsley standing tensely. She knew these person better than Sarada, so she decided to follow her lead and stay her hand for the time being.

"Night?" she said, a pensive frown on her brow. "I don't respond well to be snatched up randomly and whisked away to another universe, so what gives?"

He plays. The notes sending a cool chill down your spines. In them, words form in your minds.

It is a haunting melody.

‘Delaying.’
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He plays. The notes sending a cool chill down your spines. In them, words form in your minds.

It is a haunting melody.

‘Delaying.’
    It didn't take much thought to figure out what he was talking about. "Delaying for Sakin, I assume?" Parsley said. "Is he really that scared of us?"

Sarada smirked. "If he's been paying any attention the last few years, he had better be shitting himself just thinking about fighting us." As confident as she was in their chances of killing Sakin once and for all once they finally caught up to him, they couldn't afford to lose time twiddling their thumbs. "What's in it for you?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It didn't take much thought to figure out what he was talking about. "Delaying for Sakin, I assume?" Parsley said. "Is he really that scared of us?"

Sarada smirked. "If he's been paying any attention the last few years, he had better be shitting himself just thinking about fighting us." As confident as she was in their chances of killing Sakin once and for all once they finally caught up to him, they couldn't afford to lose time twiddling their thumbs. "What's in it for you?"
    He shrugs, flute notes the only sound on the air.

‘Stories. I am incredibly old, and have seen things you cannot imagine. Something new, as Sakin proposes, does not happen every day. The restarting of a universe.’

He smirks and let’s fly another series of haunting notes.

‘Besides that, my pick of the remnants of the universe to keep in my collection.’
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Jack nods and flits near her.

“Be ready. Sarada and Parsley just vanished, so we ain’t alone.”
    Praxat focuses on extending the range of the active part of her electroreception. Extending the range of the electric fields she's generate as far as she can. " Right, oh, I'm foucs on extend the range of the active part of my electroreception by extending the range of the electric fields I generate. So, I should pick where that faint whistling, we're hearing is coming from," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-10-2022 at 05:56 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

He shrugs, flute notes the only sound on the air.

‘Stories. I am incredibly old, and have seen things you cannot imagine. Something new, as Sakin proposes, does not happen every day. The restarting of a universe.’

He smirks and let’s fly another series of haunting notes.

‘Besides that, my pick of the remnants of the universe to keep in my collection.’
    "Much how I imagine you scavenged this universe upon its end," Parsley remarked.

Night was a fickle being. He wouldn't let anyone leave his world without some sort of tribute. By the nature of his assignment from Sakin, the only recourse was to kill him. That, she felt, wasn't going to be possible unless they could separate him from his flute. On the other hand, there was no guarantee that his power wasn't just channeled through the flute, as opposed to originating from it like she hoped. Only one way to find out for sure. With Observational Focus, she analyzed the flute as best she could to determine its nature and the nature of his power.

"Stories? What a joke," Sarada spat. "If you wanted to see that for sure, you should have taken all of us. Instead, you've just pissed me off because I'm about to miss all the action." Parsley was doing the staring thing again, so Sarada decided to stay her hand for the time being. "If you wanted a good story, you should have just left us alone. An angel getting murdered by a bunch of mortals is a story for the ages, am I right?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

A strange flute like musical kite can be heard all over the planet, faintly by most, as Sarada and Parsley both vanish from the surface.

It seems a new for has appeared as well and taken them. The demon beast meanwhile strains against the bounds Totoma has encircled it with, the Saiyan knowing it will soon burst free.
    "Parsley? Parsley?!" Avoca was stunned after witnessing her wife vanish into thin air. She was in the middle of a spell, so it couldn't have been anything she had done of her own volition. Worse, Sarada was also gone. "What the hell? Where'd they go?" That flute sounded familiar... Don't tell me it's that creep Night. She had only met him once, but she would never forget the experience. The overwhelming silence and how he only spoke through the tunes from his flute would stay with her for the rest of her life. At the very least, she would always recognize his flute whenever she heard it.

"It's that Night guy," she said to the others. She assumed they knew who he was. "He must have taken them with that flute of his." The only question was why.

"Shit, the stupid monster's about to break loose." Fiery ki gathered in her hands as she brought them together. She took aim at its legs and fired her Burning Attack at full power.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Much how I imagine you scavenged this universe upon its end," Parsley remarked.

Night was a fickle being. He wouldn't let anyone leave his world without some sort of tribute. By the nature of his assignment from Sakin, the only recourse was to kill him. That, she felt, wasn't going to be possible unless they could separate him from his flute. On the other hand, there was no guarantee that his power wasn't just channeled through the flute, as opposed to originating from it like she hoped. Only one way to find out for sure. With Observational Focus, she analyzed the flute as best she could to determine its nature and the nature of his power.

"Stories? What a joke," Sarada spat. "If you wanted to see that for sure, you should have taken all of us. Instead, you've just pissed me off because I'm about to miss all the action." Parsley was doing the staring thing again, so Sarada decided to stay her hand for the time being. "If you wanted a good story, you should have just left us alone. An angel getting murdered by a bunch of mortals is a story for the ages, am I right?"
    Her focus suddenly narrows down like tunnel vision, and a single note seems to resonate in your head.

Don’t look.

A warning, but he doesn’t stop her.

Night quirks an eyebrow at Sarada. He plays again.

‘Oh? Bold assumption you can kill him. I have known Sakin for a long time. Very few entities are as dangerous. Mortals beating him would be quite the take, but I find the chance of that…..slim. Especially with his…particular skills.’
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Parsley? Parsley?!" Avoca was stunned after witnessing her wife vanish into thin air. She was in the middle of a spell, so it couldn't have been anything she had done of her own volition. Worse, Sarada was also gone. "What the hell? Where'd they go?" That flute sounded familiar... Don't tell me it's that creep Night. She had only met him once, but she would never forget the experience. The overwhelming silence and how he only spoke through the tunes from his flute would stay with her for the rest of her life. At the very least, she would always recognize his flute whenever she heard it.

"It's that Night guy," she said to the others. She assumed they knew who he was. "He must have taken them with that flute of his." The only question was why.

"Shit, the stupid monster's about to break loose." Fiery ki gathered in her hands as she brought them together. She took aim at its legs and fired her Burning Attack at full power.
    Tasure and Charco join her, attacking the legs and bring it down to its knees. Totoma struggles and keeps the beast leashes as Jack helps him, smoke like chains warping around its neck and bringing it down alongside the half Saiyan.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat focuses on extending the range of the active part of her electroreception. Extending the range of the electric fields she's generate as far as she can. " Right, oh, I'm foucs on extend the range of the active part of my electroreception by extending the range of the electric fields I generate. So, I should pick where that faint whistling, we're hearing is coming from," Praxat said.
    The whistling music is heard by you, but it fades away. You have no idea where it was coming from.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The whistling music is heard by you, but it fades away. You have no idea where it was coming from.
    " Bad news guys, that whistling faded away before I could pick up its location with the active part of her electroreception. Well, I can retract the range of the electric fields I'm generating now. Since I don't think extending the range of the active part of electroreception would serve a purpose now," Praxat said.

Praxat then infuses her sword with her electromagnetic energy and uses her bio-electromagnokinesis to make it fly past the demon, then around again in different directions creating an electromagnetic spherical cage with ten points around the demon, with only five radiating.(Shit, I know this isn't the real tech I saw Uncle Bulllick used when I first met him, but it should do,) Praxat thought.

Five radiant points in that cage flash and, Praxat's sword appears above the cage. Praxat uses her bio-electromagnokinesis to plunge her sword into the electromagnetic spherical cage. The five points of ultra-high frequency alternate current electromagnetic energy all lance out.

Imitation Ten Swords Thunder Pierce
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-14-2022 at 05:27 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Her focus suddenly narrows down like tunnel vision, and a single note seems to resonate in your head.

Don’t look.

A warning, but he doesn’t stop her.

Night quirks an eyebrow at Sarada. He plays again.

‘Oh? Bold assumption you can kill him. I have known Sakin for a long time. Very few entities are as dangerous. Mortals beating him would be quite the take, but I find the chance of that…..slim. Especially with his…particular skills.’
    "Tch," Sarada scoffed. "How are you people still doubting us? Parsley told me you've been spying on me. I find that hard to believe if you're this clueless." They had beaten any and everyone who had stood across from them. Every enemy, from those Yetis near Cask to every enemy that played a part in the Great Call, had been stronger than the previous. They all had different powers and abilities, but the M Fighters prevailed every single time. To Sarada, there should have been no doubt that the coming battles were going to turn out any different.

“Me and my friends have beaten every asshole who’s pulled up on us. Battersea and Fife, the Red Raiders, to The Doctor, Auroc, the Ulthan, and every clown who took part in Auroc’s Great Calling bullshit,” she continued. “Sakin, Alakazah, and Genesis won’t be any different.”

As for Parsley, she tremulous sigh when her vision narrowed against her will. A single warning was all she received from Night. She relented in her gaze, but not her intent. “What are you hiding?” she asked of him.

"Did you see anything?"

"No," she said to Sarada. "Perhaps it's the nature of his power, but he warned me not to look." His nature, or fear that she would discover his weakness and determine a means to defeat him. Regardless, she would unravel his mystery eventually.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!