Page 91 of 137 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2041
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    For a few moments, the detonated energies clear a brief path and you see a stone fortress all around you. Dark grey to black stone walls and ceilings, roughly ten feet tall in height and fifteen feet wide. You stand amidst a long corridor, both the left and right paths.

That’s just want the light from the attack does.

The actual nullification energy seems to get swallowed up amidst the layers of psychic energy throughout the place. It does ‘eat’ some of that psychic pressure, but Parsley can tell it will take more than just one of those to clear out the psychic energy all around.
    At the point of impact with the psionic energies, Parsley's nullification briefly carved out a visible path through which it was possible to actually see more than an inch in any direction. She wasn't sure what she had been expecting when it came to Cancer's lair. Perhaps a dank cave or some kind to that effect. In actuality, they were standing in the middle of a fortress corridor. It seemed they were alone, as in none of Cancer's "children" were stalking them.

Thus far.

"Did it work?" Avoca asked as the light faded and they were once again pitched into complete darkness.

"Somewhat," she responded. She once again conjured up her divine nullifying energy and expelled it. However, rather than a single orb, it took on the form of a continuous wave. Like the ancient radio towers of Earth, she sent out constant waves of nullifying energy in all directions to push back and devour the psychic energy. "I'll need your help in maintaining it."

"Yeah, I got you." She placed her hand on Parsley's shoulder, the palm of which was aglow with her own nullifying energy which was pulled into Parsley and used to power her waves.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Koorimaru had no communicator, and whatever vestiges of psychic power he could afford to spare may very well tip the balance if the vampiric thrall caught their astral scent. Let them find their own means to remain hidden...

"This way." His whisper echoed in the long, empty dark, and floating over the ground - he appeared wary to set foot or to touch any surface - he led them forward as he followed the path he had walked as Remnant.

The Capsule Drones continue to glow red, a pilot light in the dark immediately in front of him and some distance behind, the four others hovering silently about him, disembodied eyes that peered into the shadow.

"The Hive of the Vampire's Nest," he announced, "She sustains herself by her conquests, but some victims are acknowledged as more than fodder."

He leaned his head foward, peering at the floor beneath him.

"Two floors below us is site of an arcane ritual. To be bled, or perhaps slowly turned."

But more than that, he could taste it at the back of his tongue, even as the echoing memory caressed behind his eyes, tantalizing and cruel as it had been an incarnation ago.

The power that had once been his, the memory of Hakai, he would recognize it wherever Cancer sat.
    During his time as a meatsack for Indar'en's vengeance, Koorimaru likely became privy to a great many things with regards to the Gods of Destruction and their dealings. His knowledge had become an invaluable boon, as much as she detested having to admit it. But what he said next sent an anxious chill down her spine. Below them was the site where she bled her victims to sustain herself, and perhaps turn them into members of her following.

She swallowed. Avoca's grip on her shoulder tightened. The memory of Cancer revealing she enjoyed turning children the most was fresh and vivid in her head. Garnish... damn it! The thought of her little girl being turned into a vampire or even bled to death to all that parasite a few more years of life made her sick to her stomach. What made her even sicker was the fact that it was very likely the reality of the situation.

Focus. I have to focus. It was hard to focus on the overarching task at hand when her child was in serious peril, but for the sake of everything, she had to.

"It may be...difficult...to undo what has been done."
    "You let me worry about that," she said stiffly as they followed the Arcosian down the correct path. That was all she said.

With the power of Heka Flow, it was more than possible. She just had to conjoin it to a powerful enough spell. To do that, the all-encompassing darkness that surrounded them needed to be dealt with.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Held sees the surface of the planet is dark beyond dark. However, the Shingan sees more than most things. He sees three fortresses made of black and grey stone mixed with psychic energy. He also sees a disturbing statue of some sort between the three fortresses.
    Held frowned from the cockpit as his vision managed to pierce the veil of unfathomable darkness, albeit just barely. He pushed a button on his control panel, hailing the command ship.

"Gotengo, this is The Galloping." Held said evenly, still focused on what he was viewing, "Ochazuke, are you see--"

He paused. Probably not. The Crane Acolyte was gifted with senses that were positively preternatural to be sure. But as far as Held knew, he did not 'see' so much as he sensed.

"....Anyways. There doesn't seem to be too much on the planets surface from what I can figure out. Or at least from what I can see. There's more psychic power on this planet that I would have expected though....I'm not sure why it's centered around those temples, but...."

He shrugged to himself. "Well, I'm sure we'll burn that bridge when we get to it."

Held tilted his head forward as he could make out the vague outline of a statute in the very center of the fortress trio. He squinted, attempting to get a closer look at it.

It felt him with a slight sense of unease, although he brushed it off as his imagination.

"....What in Nevada is that supposed to be?"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held frowned from the cockpit as his vision managed to pierce the veil of unfathomable darkness, albeit just barely. He pushed a button on his control panel, hailing the command ship.

"Gotengo, this is The Galloping." Held said evenly, still focused on what he was viewing, "Ochazuke, are you see--"

He paused. Probably not. The Crane Acolyte was gifted with senses that were positively preternatural to be sure. But as far as Held knew, he did not 'see' so much as he sensed.

"....Anyways. There doesn't seem to be too much on the planets surface from what I can figure out. Or at least from what I can see. There's more psychic power on this planet that I would have expected though....I'm not sure why it's centered around those temples, but...."

He shrugged to himself. "Well, I'm sure we'll burn that bridge when we get to it."

Held tilted his head forward as he could make out the vague outline of a statute in the very center of the fortress trio. He squinted, attempting to get a closer look at it.

It felt him with a slight sense of unease, although he brushed it off as his imagination.

OT: Quick correction, Held is looking at Cancer’s moon, not Sakin’s planet. Sorry, that was my mistake.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post

Your Shingan lurches as it pierces a veil you could not sense, the image popping up clearer than before.

A mighty floating statue, its center dominated by an opening where hung a sphere of some sort.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 08-26-2022 at 02:03 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Parsley, your wave technique pushes the mental pressure back and away, though the darkness mostly remains. Koorimaru guides you forward, your path going left as his Capsule Drones maintain the only steady light.

Left, than a corridor. Right, than passed two rooms Koorimaru knows are…unpleasant to look into before the stairway splits. Down, toward the ritual site. Or up, towards what Koorimaru seeks.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

When Ochazuke finally found the location of the infernal apparatus, his eyes started open in the midst of his meditation. Immediately a call filled the bridge to address those present.

"I suggest we make haste for the Forsworn World," he said, "You remember what the Fallen One had said when Efrideet had confronted him. If he cannot rule and remake this universe, he will destroy it. We cannot afford to allow him to keep the means to do so."

Upon the tether of the Woven Path, he and Zaofan had a line to the Dark Moon, even as they turned about its orbit to face the planet past its surface. He felt the pulse of that cloistered place as his brother fastened the tether to its worldmind, and yet his thoughts were elsewhere.

Across the universe they remain, those with the will to fight...

Across the Cosmic Leyline, here at the Heart of the Universe, he reached deeper; to pull himself out of the fear of all that they had to lose, and remember the hopes of those distant ones they had all left at home.

If there would be any justice granted this day...it will not be by a solipsist's whim.

"The Beast God and the Last Daughter are as good as their word. Now let us pray the Galactic Patrol had spread it throughout the cosmos."

But they had all travelled here upon a pathway that had taken them down long forgotten paths. Though the universe had heard them, could they find them now?
    It takes a few moments, longer than perhaps Ochazuke would have liked, but three ships pop out next to the Beast God’s smaller craft. Two bear the Galaxy Police logo, the last a battered but hardy battleship belonging to the Kitani. Ochazuke, you can feel familiar friends on one of the GP ships.

The Coldlight sails in not too long after, trailing a dozen other ships, all from the destroyed worlds Sakin had decimated only so recently.

A few more start trickling in as well, and the M-Fighters will know that the universe heard, and answered, the call.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

( Okay, electroreception, start being useful, dammit,) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Parsley, your wave technique pushes the mental pressure back and away, though the darkness mostly remains. Koorimaru guides you forward, your path going left as his Capsule Drones maintain the only steady light.

Left, than a corridor. Right, than passed two rooms Koorimaru knows are…unpleasant to look into before the stairway splits. Down, toward the ritual site. Or up, towards what Koorimaru seeks.
    The three Saiyannesses followed the Icer in silence as he guided their small group through Cancer's lair. It was a sprawling, winding mazes of corridors that would have been very easy to get lost in had they not had an expert guide. Such a fate surely would have meant certain death as they would have been easy prey for either the vampire thrall or their mistress.

Eventually, they came to a crossroads. A set of stairs led laid before them, leading both upward and downward. Upward led to... whatever it was Koorimaru was intending on going; downward led to the site the rituals took place. For the three of them, there was only one choice to be made.

“So, we sticking together or what?” Sarada asked quietly. “We’re heading down regardless.” Beyond the hostages, they were hoping that more of Cancer’s minions were down there. If they could kill as many as they could, that would be that many fewer they would have to deal with when they eventually faced off with Cancer. “Some of her goons are probably down there. A little pest control is in order.”
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

There, in the darkness, he glimped the airs of a god of destruction. A subtle aura of Hakai. As he honed his sense, would he recognize that presence at the top of this wretched hive?

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The three Saiyannesses followed the Icer in silence as he guided their small group through Cancer's lair. It was a sprawling, winding mazes of corridors that would have been very easy to get lost in had they not had an expert guide. Such a fate surely would have meant certain death as they would have been easy prey for either the vampire thrall or their mistress.

Eventually, they came to a crossroads. A set of stairs led laid before them, leading both upward and downward. Upward led to... whatever it was Koorimaru was intending on going; downward led to the site the rituals took place. For the three of them, there was only one choice to be made.

“So, we sticking together or what?” Sarada asked quietly. “We’re heading down regardless.” Beyond the hostages, they were hoping that more of Cancer’s minions were down there. If they could kill as many as they could, that would be that many fewer they would have to deal with when they eventually faced off with Cancer. “Some of her goons are probably down there. A little pest control is in order.”
    "How do you manage to ask and answer your own question in the same breath and find it sufficient," Koorimaru muttered, "Your confidence has never been lacking, a godly quality you may yet have in common with them. But we are not playing at their game..."

With a gesture, Koorimaru sent out two of the Capsule Drones, one down each pathway, to scout out what lay within.

There, in the darkness, he glimped the airs of a god of destruction. A subtle aura of Hakai. As he honed his sense, would he recognize that presence at the top of this wretched hive?

"How do you manage to ask and answer your own question in the same breath and find it sufficient," Koorimaru muttered, "Your confidence has never been lacking, a godly quality you may yet have in common with them. But we are not playing at their game..."

With a gesture, Koorimaru sent out two of the Capsule Drones, one down each pathway, to scout out what lay within.
    After a dozen pathways and twists in the floor plan, both capsules show Koorimaru want pats ahead.

Upwards, sitting upon a black throne is Cancer. Dark tendrils extend from her body and connect her to the fortress and beyond.

Below, at the ritual site, a dozen Friet Demons lay in wait, two small bundles at their feet on the ritual surface.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

After a dozen pathways and twists in the floor plan, both capsules show Koorimaru want pats ahead.

Upwards, sitting upon a black throne is Cancer. Dark tendrils extend from her body and connect her to the fortress and beyond.

Below, at the ritual site, a dozen Friet Demons lay in wait, two small bundles at their feet on the ritual surface.
    Koorimaru floated after the probe he'd sent upwards for a short distance before stopping abruply.

"There she is," he chuckled, "Seated on her throne growing fat on spilt blood...I've got her in my sights...but this is her domain. Interesting, through a physical connection to this place, ieverything that happens in the darkness feeds back to her."

The drone extended its remote, disembodied vision into his field of view; as he peered at the tendrils extending from Cancer, he traced his view to the walls of this place to see if he could trace the vessel-paths through the structure.

Turning about face to the rest of their gathered company, he pointed to the path that led downward.

"By my count, there are twelve down there," he relayed, "it seems two of their captives are being prepared."

His tone was clinical, if not indifferent, as it was at the best of times. "A child's shape, perhaps, but Saiyan or otherwise, it does not produce any aura with distinction. Now make your choice."
    Last edited by grampagen; 08-26-2022 at 10:06 PM.

Koorimaru floated after the probe he'd sent upwards for a short distance before stopping abruply.

"There she is," he chuckled, "Seated on her throne growing fat on spilt blood...I've got her in my sights...but this is her domain. Interesting, through a physical connection to this place, it is likely everything that happens in the darkness feeds back to her."

The drone extended its remote, disembodied vision into his field of view; as he peered at the tendrils extending from Cancer, he traced his view to the walls of this place to see if he could trace the vessel-paths through the structure.

Turning about face to the rest of their gathered company, he pointed to the path that led downward.

"By my count, there are twelve down there," he relayed, "it seems two of their captives are being prepared."

His tone was clinical, if not indifferent, as it was at the best of times. "A child's shape, perhaps, but Saiyan or otherwise, it does not produce any aura with distinction. Now make your choice."
    He can indeed trace them.

One feeds back right where they are.

She knows someone is there. She knows they are there.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 08-26-2022 at 10:13 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"There she is," he chuckled, "Seated on her throne growing fat on spilt blood...I've got her in my sights...but this is her domain. Interesting, through a physical connection to this place, ieverything that happens in the darkness feeds back to her."

Twelve vermin were hidden just below them, with a pair of captives prepared to be sacrificed to their goddess. What was more, both were child-shaped. Parsley didn’t know what to think about that new information. While she hoped that her Garnish wasn’t one of them, she feared that if she wasn’t, it meant she was too late and that she had already been sacrificed. To that end, it was best that she was one of the two because that meant there was still time.

“Tch. Seems prudent to cut off her feeding tube,” Sarada said with a gruff sigh. “We’ll handle things down there. If you intend on going upstairs to face Cancer, then we’ll join you up their as soon as we can.” She turned to find that Parsley and Avoca were already swiftly walking down the stairs. If there was any argument to be made for sticking together, it would to be more of the implied variety. "Too bad that scumbag isn't here to save his own kids. Tch. Whatever, we'll do it for him."

If she had literal tendrils draped all over the place that were feeding information back to her, then she already knew they were there.

Good.

Sarada wanted her to be watched as they slaughtered her precious children. After that, she would truly know what it was like to be alone and have to fight her own battles instead of having to rely on goons and minions, like SWS alluded to.

“It would be smarter for us to stick together, but that’s your choice.” With that, she turned and followed after her sister and friend. As she walked, she formed a bright red ball of ki to illuminate the way and strip away the last advantage those vermin would have against them.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

( So this Cancer is upstairs , and her minions are downstairs, with two captives. So should I go downstairs and help save the captives, or upstairs to face this Cancer person? However, before I decide. I need to try this again,) Praxat thought.

(I know this didn't work the first time, but what the hell,) Praxat thought.

Praxat once again focuses on using her electroreception to try to get a sense of her surroundings to get a sense of anything really by generating electric fields. ( My electroreception is both active and passive. My electroreception can passively sense the bioelectric fields generated by living creatures. However, I figure that passively sensing bioelectric fields would be impossible in this darkness,) Praxat thought.

( So I have to hope that this time. I will be able to sense something, anything with the active part of my electroreception,) Praxat thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-27-2022 at 11:41 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Twelve vermin were hidden just below them, with a pair of captives prepared to be sacrificed to their goddess. What was more, both were child-shaped. Parsley didn’t know what to think about that new information. While she hoped that her Garnish wasn’t one of them, she feared that if she wasn’t, it meant she was too late and that she had already been sacrificed. To that end, it was best that she was one of the two because that meant there was still time.

“Tch. Seems prudent to cut off her feeding tube,” Sarada said with a gruff sigh. “We’ll handle things down there. If you intend on going upstairs to face Cancer, then we’ll join you up their as soon as we can.” She turned to find that Parsley and Avoca were already swiftly walking down the stairs. If there was any argument to be made for sticking together, it would to be more of the implied variety. "Too bad that scumbag isn't here to save his own kids. Tch. Whatever, we'll do it for him."
    "Quite a scathing judgement of the old boy. Just as well for Goddesses akin, holding themselves aloft upon a divinity couched in spite," Koorimaru chuckled, "I suppose you would not forget your children so easily. They are as much a Royal responsibility as your departed wife had been."

Always presuming to lead the charge, that will be a boon...

If she had literal tendrils draped all over the place that were feeding information back to her, then she already knew they were there.

Good.

Sarada wanted her to be watched as they slaughtered her precious children. After that, she would truly know what it was like to be alone and have to fight her own battles instead of having to rely on goons and minions, like SWS alluded to.

“It would be smarter for us to stick together, but that’s your choice.” With that, she turned and followed after her sister and friend. As she walked, she formed a bright red ball of ki to illuminate the way and strip away the last advantage those vermin would have against them.
    The Arcosian shrugged at what he perceived to be a veiled attempt to put the decision back on him the moment he'd dispensed his gathered intelligence. He lowered his brow and his smile spread thinly.

"I wouldn't dream of abandoning my comrades in pursuit of glory and self-satisfaction. What do you take me for, a Saiyan?"

With the dull repartee concluded, Koorimaru flew higher into the chamber.

"Besides which, you've made your intentions quite clear from the outset. Do what you will, I may deign to keep an eye on the situation below if the little princelings need to be extracted."

He can indeed trace them.

One feeds back right where they are.

She knows someone is there. She knows they are there.
    With Sarada, Parsley, and Avoca off to sow whatever chaos monkeys were wont to do, heedless to all else once their violent passions had been stirred - upon a lunar body, no less - Koorimaru watched through the Capsule Dones.

One set in the sacrificial chamber below, one near Cancer above. Four remained in the chamber with him, and began to bristle red as he put his ki within them remotely.

"You certainly have a gift for making yourself scarce, don't you Majin?" His thin frame shook with small laughter. "I recall our duel years ago quite vividly. It seems you've acquired the skills to leave your porcelain entombment..."

He looked again to the chamber and the biomechanical pathways festooned upon them, surveying what they ferried through this place.

"...what is this," he tilt his head to the wall, "in comparison?"