Page 50 of 137 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The head is no where to be found visually, Sarada.

Caliban responds back.

‘Yes, boyo. Only one of her.’

He hums, than adds a bit more context.

‘A storm demon first, she was, before a destroyer. All the trappings of power, but a shiny credit says the storm is her preferred body, and the manifestation girlie…….Ehh, Parsley and her sister are fighting is just an appendage. A lump of power she can animate and reanimate endlessly.’

———

Meanwhile, Jack nods to Praxat.

“Well, get ready. Looks like we’ll be on Reshlan soon.”
    Paraxt uses her bio electromangokinieses to unsheathe her sword and makes it float beside her. Then infuses her limbs and her sword with her own electromagnetic energy. "Ready," Paraxt said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "I don't suppose Ochazuke was kind enough to stock up on my medicine before take off." Held mumbled to Frogspierre absently.

A quizzical, raised eyebrow was the only comment given by the foreboding avenger.

"Booze." Crazy Horn explained, snorting derisively, "Is this truly so high on your list of priorities?"

The Nevadian shrugged.

"I'd probably be able to make more sense of what is going on with a drink." Held replied meekly, "I feel like I just woke up in an entirely different galaxy. I can barely get my bearings. I've barely gotten out of bed and apparently we're going to fight....."

Held glanced towards a monitor displaying the show below, the massive planetary storm ushering in chaos. If Held had time to get acclimated, he would no doubt feel shock at the power being brought to bare. As things were, he felt like he was watching something utterly unconnected to him, like a random image in a holo-show.

"That." he replied simply, "I'm just saying, this is alot to take in."

Held frowned as both Avenger and Unicorn shook their head in dismay.

"What?" Held inquired, somewhat annoyed, "Am I the only one who feels like a fish out of water? Were you both penpals with Eva or Hilda or something."

"Yes." Frogspierre required simply.

"What?" Held replied blankly, clearly not expecting such an answer.

"Perhaps as a warrior, one should act." Frogspierre replied, adjusting the hilt of his blade on his side as he ignored Held's confusion "Your feelings seem to be worth little in this moment. Tell me, did you stop during the chaos of every battle to contemplate your feelings? Is this how you do battle?"

Held went silent for a moment, before responding. "No. I observe. I make a plan, and I execute."

"Then perhaps your time is better served doing that."

Held groaned, reluctantly conceding the point.

"...I think better when I drink, but fine."

....I guess I could just transmute some water if I really have to, but....Nevermind, I'll figure that out later.
    As the planetary storm on Reshlan below them filled the various monitors with data glaring and dangerous, Zaofan had been silently picking at a holographic screen. For a moment it seemed as if he was willingly distancing himself from the threat of She Who Stalks, but in truth he was occupied with something else entirely.

"...space is a cruel mistress. We have rations, but they're for survival, and we've only got so much in store," he sighed, "I'm afraid the hardest thing we have is Hetap. It's no single malt, and it's a far ways away from Baradur Mexcal but you and your Toadian friend may have to make do."

Blinking for a second, he stood to his feet.

"That reminds me, I...uh..."

Patting down his pockets, he was searching for something.

Caliban responds back.

‘Yes, boyo. Only one of her.’

He hums, than adds a bit more context.

‘A storm demon first, she was, before a destroyer. All the trappings of power, but a shiny credit says the storm is her preferred body, and the manifestation girlie…….Ehh, Parsley and her sister are fighting is just an appendage. A lump of power she can animate and reanimate endlessly.’

———

Meanwhile, Jack nods to Praxat.

“Well, get ready. Looks like we’ll be on Reshlan soon.”
    Ochazuke considered Caliban's counsel. Though it did little to avail the trial to come, it did frame the sheer scope of what they needed to do.

"In other words, she's been playing with her food. Even the most formidable of Saiyans are beset before a destroyer of this calibre..."

Examining the planet below, it seemed inescapable. Even if the Royal sisters accepted nothing as impossible before their might, there it was; strike one limb from the avatar, She would not be deprived from the source of her power. It would be like lashing at the air to wound the sky.

The silence on the bridge was broken by the sound of strangely hollow, yet heavily trodden footsteps, followed by the snap of a tail and a throaty seething.

"...you mean to tell me we've returned to this hermit empire on the fringes for the sake of simians who've rushed headlong into a battle they cannot win."

Koorimaru's black lips pressed into a twisted smile, but by the rising vein at his temple it was plain to see his barb was not entirely out of contempt.

"Well now, look at this. I bring you the husk of a god and you deliver it to the waiting hand of Sakin. I may have overestimated our chances, hah!"

Ochazuke, seated in meditation as he funneled the ships energies to guide the Gotengo, visibly twitched, and a pulse radiated through its superstructure.

"Perhaps it shouldn't surprise me that one who had been touched by the Remnant to consider all else below the realm of gods below his station."

The smile spread, stretched to a sneer upon Koorimaru's dark face.

"I've beheld the beginning of the end of the universe through the eyes of the ones to lift their hand toward it. I've reached beyond the pale to conquer death-"

"-and yet you are all but determined to see what you wish. This battlefield we have shaped already."

Addressing Caliban once more, Ochazuke continued.

"The demonic host She summons, are these, too, part of her?"

And then to Held and Etrina, he spoke again.

"It's been a year since we were here last, but the runework has been etched into the crust of the planet itself. Can you reactivate its spell?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 01-18-2022 at 10:02 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As the planetary storm on Reshlan below them filled the various monitors with data glaring and dangerous, Zaofan had been silently picking at a holographic screen. For a moment it seemed as if he was willingly distancing himself from the threat of She Who Stalks, but in truth he was occupied with something else entirely.

"...space is a cruel mistress. We have rations, but they're for survival, and we've only got so much in store," he sighed, "I'm afraid the hardest thing we have is Hetap. It's no single malt, and it's a far ways away from Baradur Mexcal but you and your Toadian friend may have to make do."

Ochazuke considered Caliban's counsel. Though it did little to avail the trial to come, it did frame the sheer scope of what they needed to do.

"In other words, she's been playing with her food. Even the most formidable of Saiyans are beset before a destroyer of this calibre..."

Examining the planet below, it seemed inescapable. Even if the Royal sisters accepted nothing as impossible before their might, there it was; strike one limb from the avatar, She would not be deprived from the source of her power. It would be like lashing at the air to wound the sky.

The silence on the bridge was broken by the sound of strangely hollow, yet heavily trodden footsteps, followed by the snap of a tail and a throaty seething.

"...you mean to tell me we've returned to this hermit empire on the fringes for the sake of simians who've rushed headlong into a battle they cannot win."

Koorimaru's black lips pressed into a twisted smile, but by the rising vein at his temple it was plain to see his barb was not entirely out of contempt.

"Well now, look at this. I bring you the husk of a god and you deliver it to the waiting hand of Sakin. I may have overestimated our chances, hah!"

Ochazuke, seated in meditation as he funneled the ships energies to guide the Gotengo, visibly twitched, and a pulse radiated through its superstructure.

"Perhaps it shouldn't surprise me that one who had been touched by the Remnant to consider all else below the realm of gods below his station."

"I've beheld the beginning of the end of the universe through the eyes of the ones to lift their hand toward it. I've reached beyond the pale to conquer death-"

"-and yet you are all but determined to see what you wish. This battlefield we have shaped already."

"It's been a year since we were here last, but the runework has been etched into the crust of the planet itself. Can you reactivate its spell?"
    Nah, boyo, those are actual demons. Her power connects the Demon Realm to this one. So long as the storm rages, the portals can remain open. The only question is how many demons she can summon.

He grunts and stands from the chair he had summoned, popping his back.

I’m a fair hand at magic, boyo. I can feel it pulsing in this planet. What’cha got planned, how can I help?

He pauses, than asks in a gentler tone.

I can distract the filthy trash gutter snipe that she is, if needs be. She and I, we have old beef boyo. Ya need time, I can let her know I’m here. Guarantee she’ll a’come runnin’ fer me.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Paraxt uses her bio electromangokinieses to unsheathe her sword and makes it float beside her. Then infuses her limbs and her sword with her own electromagnetic energy. "Ready," Paraxt said.
    Jack nods and prepares his own power.

“We wait fer Ochazuke’s go.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Jack nods and prepares his own power.

“We wait fer Ochazuke’s go.”
    " Right," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"It's as you said. There will be no separation of She Who Stalks and the storm which follows. She does not draw her power from it, that is the very form of her intrinsic being."
    What they had learned thus far was all they had found out thus far, it seemed. It meant that even if they killed her body for good somehow, she would still live until the storm was dissipated. That would be easier said than done if it was permeated with God Ki and whatever other kinds of energy the GoD had inherent to her race.

“Then, there’s nothing more we can do on this end for now,” she replied. She descended from the storm cloud and touched down on the ground below. Avoca was close behind her.

“So what? We’re just supposed to wait for... something to happen?”

“We need more information,” she answered. “This is a somewhat unprecedented battle and not an enemy we have experience fighting. There’s no point in wasting our time and energy pursuing fruitless avenues.”

Sarada’s search for the head came up empty. She growled lowly and then quickly descended to stand by her sister and Avoca. When she touched down, she caught the tail end of Parsley’s answer. “Don’t relax until we get that information,” she said. “Just because we can’t kill her until the storm is wiped out doesn’t mean she can’t kill us. Keep your eyes open and stay close to me.”

All it took was one look at the stump on Sarada’s left arm and her leg, which had been split like a sausage, to realize that she was speaking from experience.

Parsley and Avoca heeded her advice and stayed close, keeping their backs to her so they could stay alert to any threat that approached. Sarada kept her eye on the rapidly reassembling body. All the while, she was listening in on at least Ochazuke’s half of the conversation he was having with someone named “Caliban”. She assumed that was the same Caliban Parsley was talking about, which meant that they at least had some higher form of help to hold the GoD back until someone could do... something. It sounded productive, at the very least.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 01-20-2022 at 04:55 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

"It's been a year since we were here last, but the runework has been etched to the crust of the planet itself. Can you reactivate its spell?"
    Held was silent for a moment, contemplating the inquiry made by the Gotengo's captain.

"I've not touched planetside in sometime." He replied, rubbing his chin, "So I feel uncomfortable giving a strong 'yes'. Still, unless half the planets runework was destroyed between now and then, I don't think we should have too much trouble with it."

Between Etrina and himself, they were both highly capable mages. There was a decent chance they could make improvements to the planets runework if they put their mind to it. Activating and maintaining it should, in theory, be simple enough.

Of course, I've never tried to cast in the midst of a planetary storm, but there's a first time for everything...

"....I take it you want to use the spell to repel the storm?" Held inquired, following Ochazukes line of thinking. It made sense. If the storm was both weapon, being, and means of transport, undoing it would solve several problems.

He glanced on the view screen once more, the storm as massive as it was omnious. Held felt a slight sense of apprehension.

....I guess it makes sense. I've been training, but it's been awhile since my body has felt this kind of thing.

"Should I prepare to depart?"

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held was silent for a moment, contemplating the inquiry made by the Gotengo's captain.

"I've not touched planetside in sometime." He replied, rubbing his chin, "So I feel uncomfortable giving a strong 'yes'. Still, unless half the planets runework was destroyed between now and then, I don't think we should have too much trouble with it."

Between Etrina and himself, they were both highly capable mages. There was a decent chance they could make improvements to the planets runework if they put their mind to it. Activating and maintaining it should, in theory, be simple enough.

Of course, I've never tried to cast in the midst of a planetary storm, but there's a first time for everything...

"....I take it you want to use the spell to repel the storm?" Held inquired, following Ochazukes line of thinking. It made sense. If the storm was both weapon, being, and means of transport, undoing it would solve several problems.

He glanced on the view screen once more, the storm as massive as it was omnious. Held felt a slight sense of apprehension.

....I guess it makes sense. I've been training, but it's been awhile since my body has felt this kind of thing.

"Should I prepare to depart?"
    Ochazuke lowered his gaze.

"Whether in The Galloping or with Etrina or Tasure's conveyance, I leave that up to you," his transmitted thoughts spoke, "While the storms rage above, the Leylines remain below. Though, this time we will be without the majority of the Threshling host."

Whatever hopes there were remained thin. If they were to strike a decisive blow, it would have to be done precisely.

Just then, a small clatter sounded out behind them as Zaofan returned.

"Here it is. The last harvest of Senzu Beans!"

Yet when he popped the capsule open, the only thing they had in common was the colour.

"Even cultivated in the Lookout's garden for the last year, together with the surplus it was only a handful. I found a way to spread it them out the last...though I have to confess I'm not sure how far they'll carry you for healing. But we're in this for the long haul, so there should be enough here that everyone can have a couple."

So said, he handed one over directly to Tasure.

"Kept you waiting, huh?"

Nah, boyo, those are actual demons. Her power connects the Demon Realm to this one. So long as the storm rages, the portals can remain open. The only question is how many demons she can summon.

He grunts and stands from the chair he had summoned, popping his back.

I’m a fair hand at magic, boyo. I can feel it pulsing in this planet. What’cha got planned, how can I help?

He pauses, than asks in a gentler tone.

I can distract the filthy trash gutter snipe that she is, if needs be. She and I, we have old beef boyo. Ya need time, I can let her know I’m here. Guarantee she’ll a’come runnin’ fer me.
    "The plan, in short, is transmutation. If we cannot truly harm her as long as her storm rages, we will use her conveyance against her, and collapse the planetwide system into a single point, consolidating her presence into a single target with no recourse."

"Of course, this depends entirely on determining how she manifests, which I intend to find out."

What he left unsaid, however, was the remaining gulf in power. That would depend on the Threshlings.

"Well, nothing to it but to do it," Zaofan chimed in. He began gathering his things.

"Zao, I'll need you here," he said, "The first thing we're going to do is draw her out and limit her killzone."
    Last edited by grampagen; 01-23-2022 at 04:10 PM.

Caliban chuckles.

Clever, clever. Tell me when, I’ll add my Magic’s to the cause.

Meanwhile, She Who Stalks reforms fully before the Saiyans, smiling sweetly at them.

“Playtime is over.”

She holds a hand up.

Lightning Shatters the Unworthy!

Massive red and black lightning bolts rain down from the stormy sky all around SWS, blanketing the battlefield with a near endless stream of strikes that target her enemies.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"The plan, in short, is transmutation. If we cannot truly harm her as long as her storm rages, we will use her conveyance against her, and collapse the planetwide system into a single point, consolidating her presence into a single target with no recourse."

"Of course, this depends entirely on determining how she manifests, which I intend to find out."
    Without knowing what Caliban was saying in reply, they only had Ochazuke's remarks to go off of. At this point, it was enough.

Parsley hummed in thought. "Transmutation is as good an idea as any," she said over the comms. The massive difference in power was something they had to compensate for when they got to that point. “Let me know -”

Meanwhile, She Who Stalks reforms fully before the Saiyans, smiling sweetly at them.

“Playtime is over.”

She holds a hand up.

Lightning Shatters the Unworthy!

Massive red and black lightning bolts rain down from the stormy sky all around SWS, blanketing the battlefield with a near endless stream of strikes that target her enemies.
    Before she could finish her reply and pitch in to offer her help with the spell, SWS finally reformed in full and sought to reestablish the order. The skies opened up above and unleashed a unrelenting volley of scarlet and ebony lightning. Bolts rained down on the battlefield and would have struck the three Saiyannesses had they not moved out of the way in time.

“****. Here we go again,” Sarada grumbled.

“Let me get in close,” Avoca said. “Maybe I can try something.” Without waiting for the okay from either Parsley or Sarada, Avoca flew upward toward the cloud. Alright, here we go! She furrowed her brow and opened her mouth just as a lightning bolt threatened to crash down on her.

Unlimited Eat Works - Ultimate Glutton
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Without knowing what Caliban was saying in reply, they only had Ochazuke's remarks to go off of. At this point, it was enough.

Parsley hummed in thought. "Transmutation is as good an idea as any," she said over the comms. The massive difference in power was something they had to compensate for when they got to that point. “Let me know -”

Before she could finish her reply and pitch in to offer her help with the spell, SWS finally reformed in full and sought to reestablish the order. The skies opened up above and unleashed a unrelenting volley of scarlet and ebony lightning. Bolts rained down on the battlefield and would have struck the three Saiyannesses had they not moved out of the way in time.

“****. Here we go again,” Sarada grumbled.

“Let me get in close,” Avoca said. “Maybe I can try something.” Without waiting for the okay from either Parsley or Sarada, Avoca flew upward toward the cloud. Alright, here we go! She furrowed her brow and opened her mouth just as a lightning bolt threatened to crash down on her.

Unlimited Eat Works - Ultimate Glutton
    It….works. But it is incredibly painful, her mouth charing as she eats the lightning.

It feels…….euphoric in a way. Painful, burning, but a rush.

That’s only one bolt though, and more descend, faster and faster, blocking out the sky above as Scarlet and black light fills everyone’s eyes and rips the battlefield asunder.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ochazuke, and anyone onboard the Gotengo or on Reshlan, your senses suddenly ping as a new power arrives on Reshlan. A massive shift of demonic energy ripples across the planet as from the storm a mighty beast emerges in the capital ruins.

Standing fifty feet tall, it oozes energy like the Nuckaleeve demon they once fought. Rot and ruin and death fills the air as it roars, the sound actually reverberating against the thunderous clash of SWS’s perpetual lightning barrage.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ochazuke, and anyone onboard the Gotengo or on Reshlan, your senses suddenly ping as a new power arrives on Reshlan. A massive shift of demonic energy ripples across the planet as from the storm a mighty beast emerges in the capital ruins.

Standing fifty feet tall, it oozes energy like the Nuckaleeve demon they once fought. Rot and ruin and death fills the air as it roars, the sound actually reverberating against the thunderous clash of SWS’s perpetual lightning barrage.
    " Jack, are you sensing what I'm sensing?" Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

"Whether in The Galloping or with Etrina or Tasure's conveyance, I leave that up to you," his transmitted thoughts spoke, "While the storms rage above, the Leylines remain below. Though, this time we will be without the majority of the Threshling host."

Whatever hopes there were remained thin. If they were to strike a decisive blow, it would have to be done precisely.

Yet when he popped the capsule open, the only thing they had in common was the colour.

"Even cultivated in the Lookout's garden for the last year, together with the surplus it was only a handful. I found a way to spread it them out the last...though I have to confess I'm not sure how far they'll carry you for healing. But we're in this for the long haul, so there should be enough here that everyone can have a couple."

"Kept you waiting, huh?"
    Tasure accepted the... senzu bean? It looked very different from what she recalled, but that could be chalked up to being prepared, rather than raw. She was still starving and a bit drained, so she popped it into her mouth immediately. While most used these beans for the healing effect, they did provide about a weeks' worth of nutrition, at the cost of tasting... bad. Even for a Saiyan. Something like a cross between an unripened bean, celery stalk, and slightly old fish.

This, however, did not taste 'bad' in the least. Yeah, sure, it wasn't the tastiest snack ever, but it certainly wasn't a fishy celery bean. Almost immediately, her hunger disappeared and her energy returned. Tasure let out a sigh of relief.

"Don't worry about it," she said. "I--"

She stopped as she felt that unnerving demonic presence. "Tch... another demon? Great."

Tasure enjoyed fighting--she was a saiyan, after all--but today was just one thing after another... at this point, she just wanted to rescue her family, go home, and relax. She sighed again, this time in exasperation.

"Alright, anyone that wants to get right into the thick of things, touch me," she said. She couldn't help with the transmutation business--she had about as much talent for magic as most other saiyans... that is, none--so the best she could do was get everyone where they needed to go, then start stabbing and slicing anything that needed it.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Astonishing Member

"Well, that's one less of a headache." Held replied with a laugh, "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a pain trying to get anything done with those knights chasing me down."

It had been a close call, the Nevadian charging his attack to purifying the darkness that had festered within the planets core while two or three knights attempted to get the better of him. Thankfully, he outmaneuvered them, and was successful, but it was not an enjoyable moment.

"I'll take the Galloping." He continued, pondering the orders he was given. "I don't particularly want to shove my face in that storm any sooner than I need to..."

That, and I don't want to risk my body cramping up again any sooner than necessary.....Although, I get the feeling things should be alright now.

"Kept you waiting, huh?"
    "Well, that's a relief." Held replied, gratefully taking what was offered to him. "I sure wish I had one with me a few hours ago when I was---"

Held went suddenly silent. Perhaps this was not the time to regale his allies of how his body was so thrown off by his soul suddenly inhabiting it, that crippling and debilitating pain had left him prone in the snow for hours.

"--When I was debating on what to have for lunch....."

Held nodded. The task was simple enough.

"Understood. I'll head ou---"

The Nevadian grimaced as his senses were assaulted by an offensive presence manifesting itself. It was a cancer on the planets surface, rotting and roaring.

"Ugh." The Nevadian could not hide his disgust, his face scrunching into a frown as if he smelled something putrid. The being was the very antithesis of purity.

He felt something shift at the bottom of his stomach.

He did not feel fear, he felt revulsion. He very swiftly wished to dispatch with the creature, much like a janitor would hope to throw a rancid meal into the bin.

His gait increased as he walked towards the Galloping, mumbling vaguely as Crazy Horn accompanied him, perhaps more offended at the presence than even the Nevadian was.

The sooner it was annihilated, the sooner the Nevadian would be able to rid himself of his unease.
    Last edited by Miburo; 01-27-2022 at 04:42 PM.