Page 87 of 137 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2041

Somewhere on The Gotengo, Praxat is practicing shifting rapidly between her electromagnetic energy form and physical form. Which results in her throwing up her stomach many times and putting it back in many times. ( I have to keep at it until I stop getting sick,) Praxat thought.

Praxat keeps at it and finds her efforts paying off as she gets less and less sick. ( Just like I figure, the more I switch back and forth between matter state and energy state the more my body gets used to it. Making a note after the planets that were destroyed are restored. Make a request to GP HQ to have three teams sent to Amepior,) Praxat thought.

( A recovery, repair, and reconstruction team for rebuilding Amperior's civilization. A species relations team to help Intoadians better understand and be more trustworthy of other sentient species. expedition team for uncovering Amperior's mysteries,) Praxat thought.

Praxat in her physical form. Takes her ancestor's sword. ( Time to test out something, something I'm going to attempt to do for the first time,) Praxat thought.

Praxat focuses on using her bio-electromagnokinesis to attempt rearrange the electrons in her sword. It takes several tries but she's sucessful in rearrange the electrons of her sword. In turn this allows for the atoms and molecules of her sword to be rearrange.

Praxat restructs her sword into a bug shape ornament. ( It works, now my sword will be less noticeable. hmm I should turn my hearing back on,)Praxat thought.

Praxat puts the bug shape ornament in the right pocket of her GP uniform. Uses her bio-electromagnokinesis to turn back on the part of her brain responsible for her sense of hearing, then goes back to practicing shifting rapidly between her electromagnetic energy form and physical form.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-18-2022 at 03:54 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Right into the lion's den, huh?" There was no better way to catch someone completely off-guard than to just bypass the front door and show up in their living room. On the other hand, that would give them precious little time to prepare. Whatever they were going to do to counteract Cancer's myriad of advantages, they were going to have to do them on the fly. "Alright, let's do it."

She turned away from him and faced the others. "You guys heard that, right? We're heading right into the **** storm, so get ready." She cast her gaze across the group and made sure to make eye contact with Held, Parsley, Ochazuke, and Etrina. "We'll be depending on you four to get us through safely. Bitch has ancient magic and can **** with our senses."

Parsley nodded. "Ancient magic, hm?" She fell silent. A strategy was already forming in her head to deal with the multitude of Cancer's advantages that she overhead Koorimaru recount. Arcane spells would take some time to undo, but with Held and Etrina backing her up, it was doable. Doable while having to fight off an altered perception? Still yes. "We'll get it done."

Sarada nodded and said, "Great."
    Ochazuke, who had been preparing the Gotengo for its renewed flight not far from where he had parted from Efrideet, turned his view over his shoulder but for a moment.

"I won't be accompanying you," he said, "for right now...that is not my place."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She takes gingerly and nods slowly. He place with on her head, closing her eyes as an old connection is restored once more. She opens her eyes, blue with th e connection, and looks at him.

“Connection made. Let us depart.”

She looks at everyone else.

“Time to go, everyone. If you are hitching a ride, now’s the time to hop onboard. Koorimaru, do you plan on Void Tunneling all of just some?”
    Koorimaru, on the other hand, kept his hands hidden behind folded arms, smiling quietly as he raked his eyes over Jormungandr's body.

"We'll have to move closer first, hmm-ah? I'd escaped her notice before, for I had known the way. But to make the jump into her territory without incident, that is a far more precise manner. Bring your ships to closer proximity, and that will suffice."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Time stopped.

Literally.

The words hung in the time-stilled air, barely audible to others but echoing like thunder to the Mage herself, Though one wouldn't guess from the lack of reaction. The time mage stood tall as she always did, a small smile gracing her lips, the gimmer of etherical energy trailing around her like a halo. Her eyes locked with Zaofans, a look of expectation filling his frozen gaze...

She was time afterall, a wide area time lock was but childsplay now...perhaps a bit straining given what she had just done, but she needed a moment to process without her future husband catching what came next.

Immediately the facade dropped and Etrina choked, liquid joy welling up over her vision. She spent several moments pacing back and forth, rubbing the torrent of tears from her eyes repeatedly why trying to get her emotions under control and presentable. Suddenly everything was out of place, her divine garments were way too white, her hair was out of place....how was it possible she was this unprepared for it.

It took some time, or none depending on their perspective, but finally Etrina returned to her starting position, gave her eyes one last wipe, took a deep breath and....

She immediately faltered, even after more then 30 min of prep. Her dignified response evaporated in the wind. "....yes.....yes of course I will...." Etrina reached down, took the ring and placed it on her finger. "...and its about time, you f..fool...." She turned her hand to show her newly anointed husband, and then in the blink of an eye she was kissing him.
    For a long, quiet span, all was right in this world, and as she pressed towards him, Zaofan returned the kiss with a softer, gentler one of his own. His eyes closed, as if to hold on to the moment for as long as he could with every fibre of his being as his heart swelled as he held her.

Soon, the water fell from his face as freely as it had from the fountain. He pulled back to take a breath, and rest his chin over Etrina's head.

"Ah...who's cutting onions...," he lied, for in the heart of the empty city, they were far from anything of the sort "...time to go."

As he spoke the uncertain quiver in his voice had disappeared.

"While I'm hoping for the best, suppose I'll save a prayer for the worst. But no matter what happens, if we're together then I'll have no regrets."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The Gotengo’s engines fired up and the ship began to take off.

“Last call. Buckle up.”

Eva’s voice echoes across the ship and nearby planet surface. More softly, her mental voice reaches out to Ochazuke.

Whatever you are panning, be safe Ochazuke.’

—————————

Meanwhile, Sakin stares up from the Foresworn World and a small smile quirks his lips. He closes his eyes and breathes, the world stilling as his senses reach beyond the beyond and sees them approaching.

‘Very well. Then let your last battle begin, M-Fighters. A new dawn awaits.’

He stands a moment more, than starts sending orders to his own forces. Guests would be arriving soon.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

“Last call. Buckle up.”

Eva’s voice echoes across the ship and nearby planet surface. More softly, her mental voice reaches out to Ochazuke.

—————————

Meanwhile, Sakin stares up from the Foresworn World and a small smile quirks his lips. He closes his eyes and breathes, the world stilling as his senses reach beyond the beyond and sees them approaching.

He stands a moment more, than starts sending orders to his own forces. Guests would be arriving soon.
    Somewhere on Gotengo, Praxat hears Eva's voice while practicing shifting rapidly between her electromagnetic energy form and physical form. (So, this ship is taking off, Well until this ship arrives at its destination, I better put in all the prep I can,) Praxat thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-27-2022 at 03:10 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The Nevadian shrugged apathetically in response.

"At the risk of 'jinxing' it, as the humans say.. few things in this world can hide from my Shingan for long. I'm more curious than worried, to be honest" He replied, "And with our combined perceptions....Well, I guess anything is possible, even if I wouldn't take those odds myself."

He took no umbrage with the plan--as unpalatable as trusting Koorimaru was-- or his friends confidence(?) that he and the other adepts would find a way to preserve. Even heading into the unknown with magics that no one assembled except for perhaps the Oni--Who was distinctly like Inanna physically, but her energy signature and bearing were so different as to cause Held to be unsure if it was even the same person-- were even aware of conceptually to this point.

It hardly mattered, as far as Held was concerned. They would adapt, and overcome as they always had. They had little choice, and they were of one mind about what must be done.

Besides, Held couldn't deliver the righteous justice of Nevada to those would dare to act against it, if he could not get close enough to do so. The details that would allow this goal to come to fruition were trivial, to the annoyed Nevadian.

He would pierce through whatever obstacle Sakin, or Cancer, or any other wicked soul placed before them.
    Sarada nodded. Held gave the kind of subdued response she expected from someone in his sudden position. The Nevadian was normally very aloof when it came to most things that weren’t money or booze. Seeing him actually irritated and focused was different, frightening even. It made her glad they were on the same side; then again, that didn’t save Ishtar from getting penetrated way back when.

A small, wistful smile touched her lips briefly before disappearing as quickly as it arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke, who had been preparing the Gotengo for its renewed flight not far from where he had parted from Efrideet, turned his view over his shoulder but for a moment.

"I won't be accompanying you," he said, "for right now...that is not my place."
    “Got it,” she responded. “We’ll save some asses for you to kick before it’s all said and done.”

“Last call. Buckle up.”

The startup of the Gotengo’s engines signaled the beginning. The beginning to the biggest battle of their lives. If there was any doubt that still lingered in anyone’s head, it needed to be tossed aside and forgotten about. Doubt was weakness that would be preyed on by those chumps waiting for them on the other side. Sarada had never been without her doubts, but not right then. She felt nothing but confident in their chances.

Maybe too confident. These weren’t a bunch of faceless bums they were going to be facing. If SWS and Inanna were any indication, Cancer was going to be tough enough. And that wasn’t even getting into Sakin. “Oh well. I’ll just fight smart and I’ll be fine,” she said to herself.

"Good." She felt Parsley’s hand fall on her shoulder. “Ready?”

“As I’ll ever be. You?”

“Yes. We have some time left in our Fusion, if it comes to it.”

She was glad Etrina hadn’t completely fucked them over. Time magic, and time in general, still confused the hell out of her, but she supposed it was just as well. “I’d prefer to save it for Sakin.”

“Use it when we need to or we won’t make it to Sakin.” With that, her hand left her shoulder and she moved to stand near Koorimaru.

She supposed they wouldn't have a choice, but Fusion took an hour to recharge. And she didn't know about Parsley in her transcended state, but she didn't have any other trump cards besides that. I'll figure something out if it comes to that.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“Last call. Buckle up.”

As Evangeline interfaced with the ship and piloted the Gotengo through the familiar cybernetic pathways of the Big Ghetti Star system, as the vessel had become like an extension of herself, she would find that Ochazuke was not far.

Decks below, past the self-healing storage chambers, the recovery tanks hastily emptied only hours ago, beyond the stowaways of Sasheem's Snake School among both the living and the dead, the martial apostate sought solitude for his task in the heart of the ship where the Wave Motion Engine that conducted its movements through the Super Katchin alloyed Superstructure.

Jinzi's design...like somatic nerves carrying impulses...

There in the silent, insulated chamber, the helm of the Zero System in hand, he donned the man-machine interface and took a seat, whereupon the mechanical filaments of the great machine set themselves up to synchronize with his thoughts; and once his meditation field carried through ki swept up into the system, synchronized his energies with the Gotengo's computer and the pilot on the bridge.

Set in the midst of his thoughts, his sense-awareness expanded through the familiar contours of the ship, and coursing through the energy matrix that carried its passage, its instruments, its intentions, every living presence aboard was palpable.

This will be the font by which we carry the Heka Flow of the Known Universe.

But to carry the hope of another is to shed the ego and become changed. Multiplied by the scores of those that lived yet to resist to say nothing of those who'd fallen into memory, there came the very real threat of losing sanity, the very sense of self, upon this nascent Cosmic Awareness, for though he had roused a focal point for the axis, it was a precarious balance to not be swept away by them.

A force of energy flows through Ochazuke as he does just that. For a moment, Ochazuke is as connected to Universe 15 as Asha’rah must have been when she created it.

He has the will, he has the amplification.

What does he do with it?
    He hears them.

Fear. Anger. Despair.

The echoes of those lost, worlds and individuals alike, buffet Ochazuke and he can feel that last remnants of their will.

However, even more than those he can feel the determination of thousands of worlds and billions of people as well.

Hope. Determination. And a stubbornness to never let this ‘Sakin’ reign over them.
    If this was indeed to glimpse the vision that had been gifted to Asha'rah when she had created the universe, Ochazuke could only seize, enraptured not only by the spectacle that now fell through his very being, but arrested his soul with the sheer enormity of the cosmic expanse. Even with the support of a quintillion souls, it was not a matter of seizing their will to control.

He was only one man among the multitude, and though he had come far, to empty the ego and become one with all things, even for an instant, required an extraordinary strength of will.

Focus...I must focus...and remain but a fixed point...

The disparate clash of emotion struck at him first. The death, the pain, and the fear left in its wake. Tracing the path, he found a yawning anger rising from the emptiness of those sundered worlds, and with it a quiet hope to which he gradually reached out to upon his metaphysical grasp.

The illumination fell. It came first in fleeting moments, as if in the celestial darkness the cracks reflected for a phantom instant across the sky. It stirred in him memories of the ocean about Tanchozurujima, where training had carried deep into the night, and the plasma streaks struck fire over the black salt water. Now, upon the echoes of the departed voices of those who had declared for them, he began to trace a path from the edges of the faultlines.

The path of Sakin's devastation...

There is a faint spark of…..something. Potential, perhaps, still remaining in the bones and flesh of the preserved dragon.

That’s it though.
    Why, then, should his thoughts return to dead Jormungandr? The traces of possibility that beat in the heart of Eternal Dragons was of a nature crafted from balanced Creation and Destruction.

Efrideet..

The Oni that Was remained near to his thoughts, and so did his declaration to the Goddess unchained. Slowly, the Heka Axis began to shift as Ochazuke channeled it towards the Gotengo, and the surge of energy carried upon his Battle Meditation began to move with them as they ascended.

Seated at the heart of the machine did Ochazuke glimpse across the Cosmic Leyline, and sought there a vision of the heart of the universe. By the day's start the Clarion Call echoed, and now he sought to traced the path of its ruin, the source of this latest chaos back from where it had come from.

Its echoes there at Galactic Centre, and the path to the Forsworn World...

While practicing shifting rapidly between her electromagnetic energy form and physical form.her electromagnetic energy form and physical form. (I haven't learned how to control other charged particles, that includes quarks. Now is a good time as any to try to teach myself how to control other charged particles through experimentation, Praxat thought.

As Praxat practices shifting rapidly between her electromagnetic energy form and physical form.electromagnetic energy form and physical form. She experiments with her bio-electromagnokinesis to self-learn to control other charged particles. ( I should see results doing this, but how much I learn through experimentation depends on how much time I have before this ship arrives at its destination,) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As Evangeline interfaced with the ship and piloted the Gotengo through the familiar cybernetic pathways of the Big Ghetti Star system, as the vessel had become like an extension of herself, she would find that Ochazuke was not far.

Decks below, past the self-healing storage chambers, the recovery tanks hastily emptied only hours ago, beyond the stowaways of Sasheem's Snake School among both the living and the dead, the martial apostate sought solitude for his task in the heart of the ship where the Wave Motion Engine that conducted its movements through the Super Katchin alloyed Superstructure.

Jinzi's design...like somatic nerves carrying impulses...

There in the silent, insulated chamber, the helm of the Zero System in hand, he donned the man-machine interface and took a seat, whereupon the mechanical filaments of the great machine set themselves up to synchronize with his thoughts; and once his meditation field carried through ki swept up into the system, synchronized his energies with the Gotengo's computer and the pilot on the bridge.

Set in the midst of his thoughts, his sense-awareness expanded through the familiar contours of the ship, and coursing through the energy matrix that carried its passage, its instruments, its intentions, every living presence aboard was palpable.

This will be the font by which we carry the Heka Flow of the Known Universe.

But to carry the hope of another is to shed the ego and become changed. Multiplied by the scores of those that lived yet to resist to say nothing of those who'd fallen into memory, there came the very real threat of losing sanity, the very sense of self, upon this nascent Cosmic Awareness, for though he had roused a focal point for the axis, it was a precarious balance to not be swept away by them.

If this was indeed to glimpse the vision that had been gifted to Asha'rah when she had created the universe, Ochazuke could only seize, enraptured not only by the spectacle that now fell through his very being, but arrested his soul with the sheer enormity of the cosmic expanse. Even with the support of a quintillion souls, it was not a matter of seizing their will to control.

He was only one man among the multitude, and though he had come far, to empty the ego and become one with all things, even for an instant, required an extraordinary strength of will.

Focus...I must focus...and remain but a fixed point...

The disparate clash of emotion struck at him first. The death, the pain, and the fear left in its wake. Tracing the path, he found a yawning anger rising from the emptiness of those sundered worlds, and with it a quiet hope to which he gradually reached out to upon his metaphysical grasp.

The illumination fell. It came first in fleeting moments, as if in the celestial darkness the cracks reflected for a phantom instant across the sky. It stirred in him memories of the ocean about Tanchozurujima, where training had carried deep into the night, and the plasma streaks struck fire over the black salt water. Now, upon the echoes of the departed voices of those who had declared for them, he began to trace a path from the edges of the faultlines.

The path of Sakin's devastation...

Why, then, should his thoughts return to dead Jormungandr? The traces of possibility that beat in the heart of Eternal Dragons was of a nature crafted from balanced Creation and Destruction.

Efrideet..

The Oni that Was remained near to his thoughts, and so did his declaration to the Goddess unchained. Slowly, the Heka Axis began to shift as Ochazuke channeled it towards the Gotengo, and the surge of energy carried upon his Battle Meditation began to move with them as they ascended.

Seated at the heart of the machine did Ochazuke glimpse across the Cosmic Leyline, and sought there a vision of the heart of the universe. By the day's start the Clarion Call echoed, and now he sought to traced the path of its ruin, the source of this latest chaos back from where it had come from.

Its echoes there at Galactic Centre, and the path to the Forsworn World...

Blooms open. No longer hidden, no longer obscured, the path lays forward for Ochazuke and the Gotengo.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Eva guides the ship there, and with nary a waver the ship passes through strange pathways and energies as it finally reaches through the shrouding nature of the Forsworn World.

It is a simple planet, unimpressive hanging in the dark expanse of the universe. A single moon, much like Earth’s but a touch bigger orbits round the planet as the only silent witness to its existence.

Except, oddly that was untrue. Light, suffused from unknown magic and energy seems to light up the planet as if a sun existed somewhere close. It is as plain to see from space as Vocado or Chroma or Earth is, the effect eerie since no actual light source was visible.

As far the moon, it hangs in darkness. No light touches it, a grey-black orb orbiting the silent world below. Strange eddies of psychic power swirl around the moon, and to those with keen eyes….every once in a awhile a strange Aeon of psychic energy will curl around and form odd glyphs, before shifting back to the surface.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

With her electroreception / Spectral Vision, Praxat gets a sense that the Gotengo has arrived at its destination. She stops practicing shifting rapidly between her electromagnetic energy form and physical form. She stops her experimentation with her bio-electromagnokinesis. ( So the ship has arrived at its destination,) Praxat thought.

( How much prep I got in will have to do,) Praxat thought.

OT: how many other charged particles she's learned to control and the results of her prepping I leave to the GM Cleric
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-31-2022 at 11:31 AM.
    My Forum check it out

The whispers start soon after their arrival above the planet and moon. Slight things, missed words and breathes on the side of the neck. Traces of thoughts not your own, and a feeling of foreboding starting to rise.

More and more a sense of dread starts to permeate the air of the Gotengo, as psychic swirls of energy arc off the moon and lance at the psyche of the M-Fighters.

The first of the defenses set in place by Sakin and his ally’s seems to have been activated.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The whispers start soon after their arrival above the planet and moon. Slight things, missed words and breathes on the side of the neck. Traces of thoughts not your own, and a feeling of foreboding starting to rise.

More and more a sense of dread starts to permeate the air of the Gotengo, as psychic swirls of energy arc off the moon and lance at the psyche of the M-Fighters.

The first of the defenses set in place by Sakin and his ally’s seems to have been activated.
    (Why do I have a feel of a feeling of foreboding and a sense of dread? Also these trances of thoughts in my head. They seem not to be my own. They do not seem to have my brain signature, and are most definitely not trances of my brainwaves,) Praxat thought.

( During my time on Amperior I learned that every living creature has their own personal brain signature aka their own personal nerual electric signature. Akin to that of fingerprint. a signature that is carried by one's own brainwaves,) Praxat thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-08-2022 at 10:24 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Default Bump and repost for setup

Sometime a bit before departure...
    ____

There on Reshlan, but for the resonance of the billions of souls that echoed across the path of the Guardians from their planets to the edge of the universe, peering up to the open skies, one could not help but feel the distance had become only so much farther; from home, from the familiar, this motley band of fighters now stood alone upon the threshold to the unknown.

Then far above lonely planet, the Stargate activated above, and pasisng through the white-rippled passage in folded space was a Nevadian Navigator vessel.

The freighter of the Navigation guild that had made first contact with Baradur and then the Threshling homeworld, the Penelope, pushed through. Behind it, trailing upon a tractor beam was a First Race Ship, the very same Parsley and Avoca had left docked on Earth before the battle for Reshlan.

Striking across the comm came a transmission from the Captain Ulysses Prizzm, his smoky voice filled with a certain jubilant satisfaction.

"Always come back to here, doesn't it? I got a package here from the EDF, but I've got to put it through the proper channels," he said, "Hailing Admiral Held Debon, we have a Saiyan ship in tow. Please advise."

The bright clink of fine porcelain followed by slow, smug sipping filled the airwaves for a long, uncertain moment.

"That reminds me, I hope the Galloping is on one piece, sir. The Federation Homeworld might be gone, but we managed to complete the order, tailored to your exact specifications."

So spoken, the cargo doors on the back of the ship opened, and a transport slid into the atmosphere and began to glow brightly through re-entry as it made planetfall.

Default Bump and repost for setup

Yet some time more before the party departed Reshlan...

____

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    P-Sta nodded. "Indeed!" he headed back towards the control room with his siblings, each already prepping coordinates for Earth. "Now our base wasn't exactly mobile before...but now that it's taken the form of the Chief, perhaps it is able to-" P-Sta began, and as soon as the button was pressed by P-Cee, and massive canon of exhaust erupted from Durive's mouth as the giant base/box rocketed backward towards its destination without much in the way of warning.

"Okay...first thing's first...." P-Sta struggled to say as he braced himself. "See if we can locate the brakes."

"This is Katchin Squad Member X-Bo, attempting to contact the Gotengo," X-Bo spoke, attempting to establish communications. "We just fended off an attack on the GP base and hope to rendezvous with your forces as soon as possible."

"Also, it should be noted that we have...unusual transportation," N-Ten added.

"Just be on the lookout for a giant box with dropship-sized chopstick limbs," X-Bo noted.
    Some time after the Guardian Evangeline made her rallying cry, the air of dread anticipation that followed that summons fell across the Earth's Orbital Ring, and as the blue planet below turned silently below, though spirits were high, the confidence in their unlikely heroes bolstered, every strident measure of faith had been all but equaled by trepidation.

For as much as the Guardians of the Universe had lit the way, for many, coordinating the route of attack had all but confounded technology; and for those who still wished to fight, though the will had remained, they did not yet know the way.

___

"...-sta, come in." Faint static lit up within Mecha Durive's instruments, carrying with it Ochazuke's voice. "Galactic Patrol Unit: Katchin Squadron, are you there?"