Page 70 of 137 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2041
    Retired Overlord

Default Realm of Unlimited Possibility (Pt 2)

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Nearby, a surge of heat and sulfur erupted, and Jack stepped through a curtain of smoke to meet Etrina. Seeing as she was in the middle of some rather intricate focus, he looked around for a moment, then to the calamity in the sky, then back to her.

"Uh, hey, 'Trina?" He called out, following it with an idle whistle to get her attention. "Couldn't help but notice a bit of magic prep going on here. I'm not as learned as you, but I've got a nose for it."

It was a modest part of his skillset, he'd rather lean on his charm and swift hands, but when he came back - the first time - Nunlil had trained him in the esoteric ways of Grave Magic, and over the last year he'd put it to use trepsing the realms with her to sweep up defectors to the Cabal.

"Once you've departed, you don't ever really shake it. If you know the signs, you can learn real quick to spot others that have died...or should be dead. Looks to me it should've been us five times over and counting by now...so how're you planning to stop her?"
    Etrinas eyes furrowed for a moment, but her concentration did not break. "Give me a little credit...its way more then five." She allowed the energies being focused to stabilize before Turing a side glance to the man. "Hello Jack....hardly a time for small talk, but I suppose it couldn't hurt..."

"Truth be told...stopping her isn't my goal. At best this is a delaying tactic." With a gesture, her four foci fluttered into existence around her, taking up cardinal points and channeling magic of their own. Jack would notice runs of power taking shape beneath them and the time mage. "Until I can think of an alternative to killing her outright."

"I'm a time mage.....controlling time is my bread and butter. But its also my weakness.....time is linear, has rules, causes and effects, butterfly effects, variables and possibilities. Every step and action I take in its sphere runs the risk of breaking something....." Etrina focused power into her finger and traced a sigil in the air. "But in the right condition.....a space where the laws of reality aren't stone walling my every action, I just might be able to achieve something that measures up to what we're fighting. I'll just need to apologize to Zurvan once I'm done....." Etrina paused. "...or not, this is mostly his fault anyways."

Reaching into her cloak, she produced a sword hilt and channeled a burst of temporal energy into it before nonchalantly tossing it to Jack. "This question is rhetorical...but can you get close enough to Inanna without being detected to hit her with this? It doesn't matter when as long as you make contact.....preferably the arm, more preferability the one choking my husband."

She flashed him a look as if he was already wasting time. "Any time...you don't want to be near me when I break it."

Default Jack

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Etrinas eyes furrowed for a moment, but her concentration did not break. "Give me a little credit...its way more then five." She allowed the energies being focused to stabilize before Turing a side glance to the man. "Hello Jack....hardly a time for small talk, but I suppose it couldn't hurt..."

"Truth be told...stopping her isn't my goal. At best this is a delaying tactic." With a gesture, her four foci fluttered into existence around her, taking up cardinal points and channeling magic of their own. Jack would notice runs of power taking shape beneath them and the time mage. "Until I can think of an alternative to killing her outright."
    "It ain't exactly chitchat. If there's a plan at all, it's gone outta mind the moment the big guns combined to make a bigger gun," he said, "It was a bit staticky what I could make out. If she's been holding back until now, why do you think that is?"

Cocking his head to one side, the gambler folded his arms as he continued.

"I know HRH Queen Spacegirl, she'll push ahead her own way come hell or high water, and we've been uncomfortably close to hell lately. But I got a feeling this isn't a divorce hearing, even if the lot of us have been shouting down at each other."

"I'm a time mage.....controlling time is my bread and butter. But its also my weakness.....time is linear, has rules, causes and effects, butterfly effects, variables and possibilities. Every step and action I take in its sphere runs the risk of breaking something....." Etrina focused power into her finger and traced a sigil in the air. "But in the right condition.....a space where the laws of reality aren't stone walling my every action, I just might be able to achieve something that measures up to what we're fighting. I'll just need to apologize to Zurvan once I'm done....." Etrina paused. "...or not, this is mostly his fault anyways."

Reaching into her cloak, she produced a sword hilt and channeled a burst of temporal energy into it before nonchalantly tossing it to Jack. "This question is rhetorical...but can you get close enough to Inanna without being detected to hit her with this? It doesn't matter when as long as you make contact.....preferably the arm, more preferability the one choking my husband."

She flashed him a look as if he was already wasting time. "Any time...you don't want to be near me when I break it."
    Jack glimpsed at the sigils forming, busying his eyes before they crossed as Etrina went down the list of calculations that went beyond cause and effect. The moment she namedropped Zurvan, his wandering eye was brought back into focus.

"...I think that would be an extraordinarily bad idea, but that's just my opinion," he said, before snatching the sword hilt. "You can already see what happened to the city and the sky."

For a moment all softness bled from his face.

"The energy leaking between the realms, I recognize it. That's the same stuff that carries spirits in the afterlife. But it's not the great hereafter. In some respects, that's Hell."

"There's certain rules that let me keep my head low...in this world since you all wished me back. It's sort of like standing in two places at once. But Inanna took advantage of Sakin breaking the laws of the universe," he said grimly. "I might be able to get close enough, but there'd be no way she wouldn't see me coming, she'd pick up the trail because she'd be standing in the same place I'd be when the Grey takes me."

Looking over the hilt in his hand, he tried to make a measure of what, exactly, it was and what he was supposed to do with it, before pulling back the edge of his longcoat.

"...well, I'll do my part, but I'd prefer it if I knew I could make a sure cut."

At his side, he revealed the blade sheathed at his hip: Excalibur, the Sword of the King.
    Last edited by grampagen; 04-20-2022 at 06:46 PM.

Praxat in Overclock thinks to herself as she uses her uses bio-electromagnokinesis in creative ways. ( I'm not sure my attacks will have any effect on her, but I have to try. With Overclock I can do calculations much faster. Electromagestim follows mathematical equations, so calculations are vital, ) Praxat thought.

(It's what's needed for precision control of electrons. On Amperior I was thought The mathematical knowledge to control electrons with precision. I also thought that when controlling electrons I must keep a cool head. ) Praxat thought.

One of the creative things she does with her bio-electromagnokinesis is to vastly reduce the air friction around her fellow M fighters so that they can move faster.

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 04-22-2022 at 01:51 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

A black butterfly floats on the tempest winds on Reshlan. It flies high, its size barely bigger than a single zeni coin. Its markings, black and blue, blend with the sky as it pushes against the turbulent energies that crackle across the sky.

It is not a normal butterfly. Said creature trails behind it faint divine energy. Divine, yet just slightly twisted. Just a note off in its symphonic existence. No, it’s no normal butterfly: it is Sakin’s eyes and ears and mind. The technique of scrying it not new to Angels, but having been stripped of his title and many of his powers diminished, gazing into his staff’s crustal ball was no longer a good enough scrying method. Instead, garnered from Fife’s skill set, he cast the sacred butterfly to be his eyes and ears.

Sakin watches. He watches, plots, and can almost not believe what he sees. He watches, and plans change and plots grow.

He watches and smiles.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “The Cabal are holed up on some moon orbiting Sakin’s planet. Couldn’t get close, but that’s where the reincarnation orb is, we could both feel it. Got at least one God of Destruction hanging around on it too, with some janky looking Arcosians with her.”

The moon’s coordinates fill his screen. Seventeen other ones do as well, locations where the elusive Craven Hunters and Soul Meisters had struck. A few familiar names, some not, but most either going to planets with rich magical history or deceased Kami that could not longer protect their once sacred temples.

Ones have visited, or might still be on, Reshlan, Earth, Sarada and Chroma even now. The one they intercepted was attempting to steal from Darkle when the Beast God and Last Daughter….intercepted him.
    Meanwhile………..

The Lookout, once more back in its proper place, floats gently above the world as Ronin Kai meditates alongside Evangeline. Silver butterflies float around the two, and every few moments a frown or grimace darkens Eva’s face before it smooths out. Nearby, Nunlil leans against a pillar and files her nails with a sharp knife, keeping an eye on the two guardians.

It is only this vigil, and long buried senses of a hunter that clues Nunlil in that something………is off. She cannot sense, smell, or hear it but something is not right.

She turns, pivoting, and launches the blade in a blur towards the RoSaT doors. It embeds itself with a twang, the sound startlingly loud in the silence. Neither Kai or Eva stir, lost in their psychic reaches.

Nunlil watches as the blade dissolves and disappears from where it struck the door and spots once, grinning. She flares her energy, a warning to any on Earth that the Lookout was in danger, and focuses on trying to detect her foes.

A moment, and she feels the punch land that sends her sprawling backwards. She skids, rights herself, and leaps back towards foes she cannot see. Kai and Eva will get touched over her corpse, this she swears, and with a roar she goes to war against the Craven Hunters sent to defile this place.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Default Zaofan

"*KAFF*" Slumped over to one shoulder, Zaofan's initial response was a bloody gurgle as he loosed a choking clot from his mouth. His air intake was narrowing, his world a halo of ringing noise as congestion filled the chambers behind his broken nose, and his bruised lips twitched with a soundless word.

His features were distorted from injury, but even now it seemed his face might bear the vestiges of a smile through all the pain. The spiritual silk-reel he'd spun from the planet held her in place, and for a moment there may have even been a delirious hope that he'd reached her; that for a moment, she glimpsed part of what she was looking for, and even though he could see nothing through his bruised eyelids, he'd help her find it.

But when she pulled him in close, and he felt her words slither by his face, the weight of the broken promise only added to the heavy, throbbing pain coursing through him. The shock of power coursing from the emergent fusion reached him, of course, that presence was unmistakable, he could scarcely ignore it, yet the corners of his eyes only stung as tears fell.

"...hrrkkhh...not...like this..." A blood slick hand passed over hers, trembling for a moment, thin fingers seeming to wander aimleslsy between the digits, the tendons beneath the hardened, scarred skin.

Whatever could have been going on in the martial chef's mind could scarcely be articulated. But once he'd set his mind to it, he'd see it through to the end.

She wouldn't let go of him, and he knew he'd never escape if she didn't want it to happen. None of them would, so why were they still here?

Perhaps foolishly, he bound his other hand and locked their wrists together. Bear School grappling fundamentals, elementary, even, he knew it was easier to shape the hold than release it.

"...I'm...not going to...to... **KAFF!!**" The words sputtered out, but Zaofan's ante raised as he gambled with his life, all to prove a point even he wasn't completely sure he could articulate. If only he could speak the words, but time was running out...

OOC:
    Fist of the Altered Beast: 1 last action remaining!
    The others, possessed of the belief that she might die so they might live, had focused their efforts on felling her. Had very nearly succeeded; but Zaofan? Face bloodied, his strongest weapons stripping from, and at the epicenter of what would be- in time-the death they all struggled so fervently to forestall... he sputtered blood, and mumbled fragments.

Tightened his grip...

"... why?"

Out of all of them, he had been the first to speak to her, and attempt to find an understanding where there had only been appeals to morality, and self-interest; and now on the verge of death it seemed he was still trying to do just that. Regardless of what happened in the moments to follow, Inanna needed to know why that was. Though when he failed to respond, and instead began hacking up blood, and spittle; she realized that the response might not come before unconsciousness took him. So pulling the battered man closer, she stepped inside his mind to repeat her one-word question.

"Why?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Default Blizzar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Something suddenly hit Inanna with the force of hundreds of strikes at once upon the back of her head...or so it would appear. In the aftermath of the technique, there would be no indication of such an attack and any pain or force of impact felt from these strikes would vanish.
    Focus divided between the war outside, and the probing of the Martial Chef's mind, Blizzar landed each and every blow. True to the nature of the strikes, the pain she felt was fleeting... Though the space behind her, fragmented already, would erupt violently as she responded, Gravity Magic compressing the fragmented spacetime behind her into a barrier of sorts.

Repeated attempts to strike from behind would find themselves slowed, it seemed.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Default Ochazuke

Again and again the nunchaku snapped out, crashed into Inanna, the lacquerware kobudo wood concealing the essence of True Magic it carried. For a time it served him well...too well, as bringing his full force to bear snapped bones and broke the flesh and Inanna's black blood stained the white of his dougi.

Yet, in time, the effects were less pronounced, and as expected, this too began to heal. With a swish, the handles of the weapon switched hands once more and ceased.

"Cheh. All too clearly now." In an instant, the Dragon's Fire crept over him to burn away the sanguine issue, where he stood before her before the void-chasm of fractured space, it was in comparison a rather paltry light, a fixed point among the splintering fractals. He remained on guard, but the attack ceased.

"Yet I doubt I will hear you speak it plainly."

For a moment his eyes fell to Zaofan, steadfast in his limp struggle. Despite his condition, Ochazuke's lips lift into a half-smile. It wasn't like him to go in so hastily like this, especially since his line of sight had always served him from a distance with the suite of techniques based on the Optic Blast. He wouldn't have...unless he was desperate to get here first.

Even with his most potent weapon now taken from him, even with his eyes now sealed he'd been the only one that could see the matter plainly. Furthermore, even shackled in this manner, he wasn't idle.

Yes...you see it these, Zao...find it, set there in her pulse...

"Do not mistake this concession as something to justify your provocation. The habit of violence, for good or ill, shall not define the warriors we've become. Although we have erred, I will not make you a martyr to false pretenses, either."

For a moment, silence, then the fiery aura of Karura no Kaen ignited, the fire of purification seeking to find purchase upon the impediments that burdened her ravenous soul.

"How many of the damned? How many times did Hell pull you apart before you made their pain your own, and turn that into your strength?" He asked.

Ascertaining the effect of the spectral flame would likely yield less than a fisherman bearing a torch before the jaws of a leviathan. Yet standing in the midst of his meditation field, he stood firm despite his own trepidations as he sought to ascertain the unspoken depths of her true conflict as he ventured forth, feeding the bellows into her soul.

"And how will you find your answers with meaning when you are not at one with yourself?"
    Ochazuke's questions were met with silence, as his cleansing flame burned away at her. A thing that was slow going, and dangerous, as the Oni that was, in her starvation, was set on consuming the energies- and the man- that manipulated them; even as he sought out the impurities that had driven her into this frenzied state. Though as her focus turned inward, to Zaofan, he found this struggle of his eased somewhat. Though what he'd find, would perhaps leave him at a loss: like a broken pot, she'd sealed the cracks with the souls of the denizens of Hell she'd slain... to remove them would shatter the vessel anew.

As this realization dawned on him, his response would finally come. "Meaning, and martyrs... more useless words." Her tone was tired, strained. "I simply wish... to live; and violence, good or ill... will decide." Looking up at the man, and still holding Zaofan close it seemed Inanna had planned to say more, only for her to sense a shift that while beneficial on the face of it, carried with it damnation... and then Inanna well and truly lost her ****.

Arx Inosaan

Default Totoma, Nevanlinna, & Everyone else

With a jerking motion, Zaofan was hurled into Ochazuke; and Inanna whirled to face the source of the disturbance.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    The Kizuna wavered a bit as sadness and pity bubbled up within Totoma momentarily. In doing this, he was... essentially being asked to help this being commit suicide. But given what he was experiencing, that was probably the best outcome for Narayana. It was trapped in a self-imposed hell and it wanted out... but not in a way that would endanger reality.
    She could feel it dying, Vaikuntha, even as the healing energies that sputtered forth from the Half-Saiyans 'Kizuna' washed over his allies like the waves of the sea; and though none present might realize what this meant beyond 'succor'... Inanna understood that like the Saiyans' fusion, this was in its own way a tacit admission. So she voiced her anger loudly, voice echoing in the minds, and ears of everyone currently standing on Reshlan.

"It is not enough to see me dead? You would kill my attempts at redemption, and damn an entire species in the process?"

The shackles Zaofan had bound her in, began to buckle as she pressed against them; and from within the chasm of fractal spacetime, the Oni that was roared defiantly. "How dare you!"

With a snap, those ethereal chains broke away, and she thrust her hands into the void of broken reality. Talons digging deep into the sinew of existence as she tore her way into the divine realm, Vaikuntha; only to expose that what she had sensed fleetingly was true: the Realm was dying and with it the Elemanti she had convinced to take refuge within. The realm, seemingly opposed to this forceful intrusion attempted to stave her off... but with the power now drained wholly out of it, could mount no meaningful resistance to her as she disappeared inside the dying dimension only for the breach to seal itself behind her.

Not more than a few seconds pass, an eerie silence falling over the battlefield as the awesome power that had been bleeding from the spacetime breach disappeared in an instant... only for a painful keening to ripple across the battlefield as reality buckled beneath the force of overwhelming rage; and Inanna ripped her way back.... only now, she hung above the planet entirely, the rift she tore visible from the surface even if she herself was not.

And from the heavens, her voice carried, dripping with rage, as it echoed in their minds.

"HOW. DARE. YOU."

The keening persisted, as reality- weakened by Sakin- buckled and caved before Inanna; as she plucked from the depths of that dying dimension a world she had promised salvation, Illargi, leaving the world to hang above the Threshling planet as she descended.

I... fine, I'll do it. Totoma opened himself fully, letting as much of Vaikuntha's power flow through the Kizuna to the others, empowering, restoring, and preserving them. They would find their wounds healing, their bodies more resistant to damage, and their power and stamina increasing and restoring, when expended. Fusions would find they could fight longer, harder, without risk of suddenly defusing from strain.

Thank you, Hanuman... my apoptosis.
    What energies this boon had sought to grand, were only partially successful.

Those closes to Totoma received the benefits of this... careless if well-meaning act, while those further away merely saw the aftermath. As the woman descended, fresh off from ripping a planet from its moorings within the prison of a dying dimension; she fell upon the surge of energies washing over the battlefield, consuming them with little care for their source, or destination as she set her sighs on what she saw now- as threats, more than former allies. What else could they be? With their callous disregard for anything not immediately relevant to them in the moment.

Superficial wounds healing swiftly, as the energy she consumed was repurposed for her own ends, Inanna glared at the assembled M-Fighters. "The Threshlings you left to die, along with your ward, and the Elementals... they are safe on Illargi." She continued to speak, both telepathically and aloud, her contempt dripping from every syllable. "I see now my mistake in holding back, hoping that you might help me temper my anger, and pain into something meaningful... but in the end all you've done is add to it."

Holding her ruinic hand to the heavens, she began her assault anew.

"Lampton, I hope you're watching."

Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 04-29-2022 at 01:25 PM.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    With a jerking motion, Zaofan was hurled into Ochazuke; and Inanna whirled to face the source of the disturbance.

She could feel it dying, Vaikuntha, even as the healing energies that sputtered forth from the Half-Saiyans 'Kizuna' washed over his allies like the waves of the sea; and though none present might realize what this meant beyond 'succor'... Inanna understood that like the Saiyans' fusion, this was in its own way a tacit admission. So she voiced her anger loudly, voice echoing in the minds, and ears of everyone currently standing on Reshlan.

"It is not enough to see me dead? You would kill my attempts at redemption, and damn an entire species in the process?"

The shackles Zaofan had bound her in, began to buckle as she pressed against them; and from within the chasm of fractal spacetime, the Oni that was roared defiantly. "How dare you!"

With a snap, those ethereal chains broke away, and she thrust her hands into the void of broken reality. Talons digging deep into the sinew of existence as she tore her way into the divine realm, Vaikuntha; only to expose that what she had sensed fleetingly was true: the Realm was dying and with it the Elemanti she had convinced to take refuge within. The realm, seemingly opposed to this forceful intrusion attempted to stave her off... but with the power now drained wholly out of it, could mount no meaningful resistance to her as she disappeared inside the dying dimension only for the breach to seal itself behind her.

Not more than a few seconds pass, an eerie silence falling over the battlefield as the awesome power that had been bleeding from the spacetime breach disappeared in an instant... only for a painful keening to ripple across the battlefield as reality buckled beneath the force of overwhelming rage; and Inanna ripped her way back.... only now, she hung above the planet entirely, the rift she tore visible from the surface even if she herself was not.

And from the heavens, her voice carried, dripping with rage, as it echoed in their minds.

"HOW. DARE. YOU."

The keening persisted, as reality- weakened by Sakin- buckled and caved before Inanna; as she plucked from the depths of that dying dimension a world she had promised salvation, Illargi, leaving the world to hang above the Threshling planet as she descended.

Those closes to Totoma received the benefits of this... careless if well-meaning act, while those further away merely saw the aftermath. As the woman descended, fresh off from ripping a planet from its moorings within the prison of a dying dimension; she fell upon the surge of energies washing over the battlefield, consuming them with little care for their source, or destination as she set her sighs on what she saw now- as threats, more than former allies. What else could they be? With their callous disregard for anything not immediately relevant to them in the moment.

Superficial wounds healing swiftly, as the energy she consumed was repurposed for her own ends, Inanna glared at the assembled M-Fighters. "The Threshlings you left to die, along with your ward, and the Elementals... they are safe on Illargi." She continued to speak, both telepathically and aloud, her contempt dripping from every syllable. "I see now my mistake in holding back, hoping that you might help me temper my anger, and pain into something meaningful... but in the end all you've done is add to it."

( My electroreception is telling me that is dangerous. I have to keep my composure. What is she on about?) Praxat thought.

Praxat then does dozens and dozens of calculations on the fly while extending her electroreception. ( I'm just facing her because I had a belief that she was threatening my survival) Praxat thought.

( However, from what she said is she really my enemy? Maybe I should stop focusing on her and focus more on the entire field,) Praxat thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 04-29-2022 at 02:17 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Focus divided between the war outside, and the probing of the Martial Chef's mind, Blizzar landed each and every blow. True to the nature of the strikes, the pain she felt was fleeting... Though the space behind her, fragmented already, would erupt violently as she responded, Gravity Magic compressing the fragmented spacetime behind her into a barrier of sorts.

Repeated attempts to strike from behind would find themselves slowed, it seemed.

"HOW. DARE. YOU."

Another flurry of punches was launched at the back of Innana's head, no more slowed than before, oddly enough.

And down below on the ground, there was a veritable mound of tacos.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"HOW. DARE. YOU."

On Ilargi, all Hell had broken loose. One moment, three adults were teaching Mais and Kumara addition and subtraction via pebbles they had found on the ground in the forest they had been hiding in. It hadn't been going particularly well; Kumara kept trying to eat the pebbles. The next, the... sky broke? Reality itself was being ripped apart? Someone who wasn't supposed to be there had clearly forced their way in. They were used to people coming and going, but never like that? Not to the extent that the realm itself seemed to cry out in agony. Absolute, unmitigated confusion, alarm, and terror fell upon the five Saiyans all at once.

"WAAAAAAAAAH!! WHAT IS GOING ON?!"

The three Turripians Sarada left Mais and Kumara with seemingly days ago were only marginally more composed than the panicking toddler and his infant cousin. Both children wailed uncontrollably as the every law of physics that had been established seemed to break into pieces? And then was immediately followed by an extreme lurching feeling. All five Saiyans were roughly thrown to the ground as it seemed that the planet itself moved. Of course, the planet had its own rotation, so it was moving, but not like that. It seemed as if someone or something had literally picked the planet up and moved it. That in and of itself was distressing, not to mention scientifically impossible. More worrying was why that feeling came about in the first place.

One of the women sighed and rolled over onto the stomach so she could stand up. She looked up and to the east, where New Turrip - the floating city that they built for themselves after being allowed to migrate into Vaikuntha so they wouldn't intrude on the Archons' planet - was supposed to be hovering by means of anti-gravity generators twenty miles from Ilargi. She saw two things... rather, one thing. The never-ending, all-expanding void of outer space, a sight she hadn't been able to behold naturally in years.

That was it. Nothing that should have been there was. Including her home.

The city was gone. "...what? Where's the city?" Or rather, it was no longer visible from their position on the planet. Which was impossible because they specifically oriented themselves so that the city would always be in view. "Where's the goddamn city?!" It was gone.

No, it was still in Vaikuntha. It was all starting to make sense. That lurching feeling was indeed the planet being moved. Moved out of one realm and back into Prime Space. The five of them had been foisted into a very dangerous situation. The powers that the three adults were feeling were immense. A cataclysm would surely result in a potential clash, resulting in the end of the Planet Ilargi, or at least the planet such a collision would take place. The three of them had been charged by Sarada to protect the two children and protect them they would.

The woman turned to one of the men. "I'll take the prince and princess somewhere safe." A humorous notion, as she was assured Ilargi was "somewhere safe".

"Okay. We'll stay here, in case the Archons need to be evacuated. God speed."

She nodded and gathered Mais and Kumara close. "Godspeed. Don't hesitate to get everyone out of here if things continue to deteriorate." With that said, she set the coordinates for Planet Sarada - an action she hadn't had to perform in ages - and vanished in a burst of yellow light. With them gone, the two men took off to see if they could find out what the hell was going on.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 04-29-2022 at 04:04 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"HOW. DARE. YOU."

Out of the corner of her eye, Parlada caught the fleeting glimpse of Zaofan as he careened into his martial brother. He was safe. The woman who had been holding him by the arm proceeded to claw at reality itself and disappeared in the tear that resulted. That tear sealed behind her. A precious few seconds elapsed, bringing with them a merciful silence that should have allowed those left behind to think about what to do next. Parlada's assessment of the situation hadn't changed. The goddess' power was accompanied hand-in-hand with a rage that could only fuel the brutal battle and hasten its end. While she was initially hesitant to act on the Saiyan sisters' tentative agreement that the goddess needed to die in order for them to move on to the fated battle with Sakin, she could see why Parsley felt the way she did. The group they found themselves bound to by fate was comprised of, with only a few exceptions, idiots.

Egotistical idiots that couldn't shelves said egos long enough to peacefully - and safely - navigate a very tenuous diplomatic discussion to literally save their lives. She, of course, placed both her components in that distressing category. In short, if they couldn't kill Inanna or otherwise find some alternate way to diffuse the situation and quickly, they were going to die. That was the obvious conclusion that she felt very confident literally everyone else had come to.

There were so many ways to avoid a violent conflict; yet, there they were.

Parlada felt like a stranger. She technically was, even though she was made up of two people who had been with them for years. She was neither Parsley nor Sarada, but a separate being entirely. With that in mind, she felt the temptation to separate herself from the blame. However, she knew that she would bear at least a good portion of the blame once all was said and done.

So be it.

Reality itself bent and warped again. Inanna returned, marking the end of the blessed but brief silence. With her, the planet Ilargi had been plucked from its orbit within Vaikuntha and resettled above Reshlan's orbit. A moment of terror struck Parlada as she felt the energies of both her young children that had been left there by Sarada before she departed to battle SWS. The children had been safe, but something changed to compel Inanna to bring the planet to the outside. At that moment, they were as vulnerable as they had been when they had been kept in Maiz's care. She wasn't sure if Sakin still wanted them captured; if he did, they were ripe for the taking. "Damn it!" Then, they vanished and reappeared countless light years away. That made her feel somewhat better, in that they couldn't possibly be killed in the ensuing conflict, they were still in danger and would be until Sakin was dead.

She looked up. Inanna's declaration of intent had been made abundantly clear in both word and deed. An orb of orange power, similar to a Death Ball, loomed dangerous over her outstretched hand. In all honesty, she couldn't really blame her for being so enraged. The M Fighters really were infuriating in their own unique ways. Nevertheless, they were also the best chance the universe had at being saved, so she couldn't just allow them to die. Also, doing so meant that Avoca would also die, and the Parsley in her just couldn't allow that. If that meant the Sarada would have to lose her wife for good, so be it.

She darted upward toward Inanna to interpose herself between the ball of divine annihilation and her allies. She knew that if it touched down, it meant not only their deaths but also the destruction of the planet, and very likely the destruction of Ilargi. She had a plan, but previous attempts showed it would be difficult. Difficult, but possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    A black butterfly floats on the tempest winds on Reshlan. It flies high, its size barely bigger than a single zeni coin. Its markings, black and blue, blend with the sky as it pushes against the turbulent energies that crackle across the sky.
    ?? Just above Inanna's attack, Parlada spotted something strange: a butterfly. It was minuscule, almost imperceptible, but there wasn't much that could escape her senses. Outside of the obvious realization that any natural butterfly would have been scared off by the pressures and energies being given off freely, there was something... off with the insects energies. Certainly off enough to give it a closer look.

Observational Focus and Muda narrowed her attention to determine the full scope of the creature's being and purpose.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Parlada

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She darted upward toward Inanna to interpose herself between the ball of divine annihilation and her allies.
    This...

?? Just above Inanna's attack, Parlada spotted something strange: a butterfly. It was minuscule, almost imperceptible, but there wasn't much that could escape her senses. Outside of the obvious realization that any natural butterfly would have been scared off by the pressures and energies being given off freely, there was something... off with the insects energies. Certainly off enough to give it a closer look.

Observational Focus and Muda narrowed her attention to determine the full scope of the creature's being and purpose.
    Was terribly unwise.

The second Parlada's focus wavered, Inanna pounced like a predator on unsuspecting prey. The orb of energy that had been charging above her was quickly reabsorbed, and repurposed; and like the dual technique from Sasheem, and Lantro, her now glowing fist connected with the Fusion center mass.

Arx Inosaan

Default Catching up, part 1 of 2

The others, possessed of the belief that she might die so they might live, had focused their efforts on felling her. Had very nearly succeeded; but Zaofan? Face bloodied, his strongest weapons stripping from, and at the epicenter of what would be- in time-the death they all struggled so fervently to forestall... he sputtered blood, and mumbled fragments.

Tightened his grip...

"... why?"

Out of all of them, he had been the first to speak to her, and attempt to find an understanding where there had only been appeals to morality, and self-interest; and now on the verge of death it seemed he was still trying to do just that. Regardless of what happened in the moments to follow, Inanna needed to know why that was. Though when he failed to respond, and instead began hacking up blood, and spittle; she realized that the response might not come before unconsciousness took him. So pulling the battered man closer, she stepped inside his mind to repeat her one-word question.

"Why?"
    Because I know what it's like to not be heard.

Between his fingers the blood dried as he clamped his grip. Yet it wasn't anything so foolish as thinking he could take it upon himself to stop this on his own, nor was he trying to shield either her or his fellow fighters from each other. Though things had escalated from heated words, all the same, Zaofan would hold her to them.

Adjacent to his thoughts there was rendered a familiar image, of ash, mirrors, and fragments of crystals refracting images contained within images and silent truths emerging from twisted appearances.

To sight within destruction, the moment for change.

In spite of everything that's happened, this isn't the way you wanted it to go. Zaofan's limbs trembled as he braced the wrist lock, his face lifted and seemed to peer through the bruises. But we can't give in to hatred and fear when we use our gifts to rebuild what's lost! That's not our way!

If you're hurting, we can help you. All you have to do is find the words-

Ochazuke's questions were met with silence, as his cleansing flame burned away at her. A thing that was slow going, and dangerous, as the Oni that was, in her starvation, was set on consuming the energies- and the man- that manipulated them; even as he sought out the impurities that had driven her into this frenzied state. Though as her focus turned inward, to Zaofan, he found this struggle of his eased somewhat. Though what he'd find, would perhaps leave him at a loss: like a broken pot, she'd sealed the cracks with the souls of the denizens of Hell she'd slain... to remove them would shatter the vessel anew.

As this realization dawned on him, his response would finally come. "Meaning, and martyrs... more useless words." Her tone was tired, strained. "I simply wish... to live; and violence, good or ill... will decide." Looking up at the man, and still holding Zaofan close it seemed Inanna had planned to say more, only for her to sense a shift that while beneficial on the face of it, carried with it damnation... and then Inanna well and truly lost her ****.
    As much as the ethereal frame was offered, so did the darkness consume it. It had drawn deeply upon him there, the the kindling threatened to smother it to embers there in the depths of of spiritual turmoil and obfuscation. Yet through the brief clearing he'd spotted between the currents of Inanna's ravenous energy flow, the essence of the Flame of Garuda ebbed and the nature of the deathly substance that animated the Oni That Was had been revealed to him.

"Don't be a fool," he replied. As she drew more energy from him, something else within Ochazuke's very soul began to alight, and it seemed for a moment she would soon seize the advantage. The words she'd spoken, however, had diverged from the real issue entirely. "If you are determined to swallow the pain of existence and make it your own, that is a life for violence's sake alone."

Redirecting the current of the aura cast out to the battlefield further taxed his reserves, until to preserve himself he had to divest himself of the Flame entirely to hold his position.

"...and you are no true Destroyer, are you, Inanna?"