Page 114 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2041

Praxat is hard at work, Honing her Bio-Electromagnokinesis and swordsmanship. ( I'm improving my Bio-Electromagnokinesis. Taking my electroreception to the next level. Working hard to learn new applications for my Bio-Electromagnokinesis,) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The Nevadian seemed to be in a trance as the Saiyan Princess spoke to him. He was staring off into the distance, and yet at Parsley at the same time. Or through her rather. Whatever it was, clearly had his attention.

If she were paying attention, she would notice something strange with the Nevadian. Gone was the Ruby Red of his Shingan, replaced with a hue of Emerald Green.

"Sakin, you bastard...."

Held muttered to himself, gripping the ships Yoke tightly. "You won't be able to hide from me any...."

He vaguely became aware of the fact that Parsley was addressing him, as his mind still struggled to adapt and sort through the neigh boundless sensory information it now took in. He replayed her words in his mind. Seeing was the easy part, at the moment.

"Huh? Oh. Think nothing of it. We're hardly best friends, but I would never be so crass as to leave a comrade behind." Parsely came into focus, as he managed to tear his gaze away from everything else. "Besides, I don't need Sarada trying to stick her boot up my---HUH?!"

It seemed choosing what *not* to see was a skill on it's own. By focusing on Parsley, the Nevadian had inadvertently excluded anything that wasn't Parsely from his gaze.

Including her clothes.

Held glanced away uncomfortably as he attempted to undo what had been done. "I mean, it's fine. Let's just say we're even!"

Good Grief....I guess even it's to be expected I would struggle with this gift a little... I can't really apologize to her. She'd probably flay me for looking upon her royal body or something.

"In any case, I'm not interested in Cancer." He continued, "The others seem to have figured out how to deal with her well enough."

The Nevadian refocused his gaze on their angelic nemesis, and the illusion he had managed to put up, protecting him thus far.

"I'd prefer to try to get the jump on Sakin, before he realizes I've found him....Who knows what trick he has up his sleeves."

Whatever spell he's using...He must really have a lot of faith in it to be *this* close to us....Or he's really got his head up his own ass.
    Parsley raised an eyebrow at his sudden strange behavior but said nothing about it and chose to focus on the task at hand. She felt Cancer's godly ki finally disappear for the final time. That wretched vampire was gone. While she would have loved to be the one to end her life, the fact that she was dead was good enough for her. And with that, she turned her attention to their true quarry, Sakin.

Held, from the sound of it, had found him. She recalled that when they first arrived, his Forsworn World was just out of her senses range. It was clear that Held had no such limitations. However, there was something... off about him, and it wasn't just his suddenly and peculiar outburst. His eyes are green? She distinctly recalled the Nevadian's eyes being red before boarding his ship. Unless he evolved between then and now? It didn't matter but she found it curious. She supposed she would ask him about it when all was said and done.

"Have you found him? What do you see?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The spear punches through, Efrideet flying up with it as the pressure from the Hakai dissipates suddenly. Remnant instead slashes their hand out at the suddenly rising Efrideet and slaps her away several thousand miles back out of the atmosphere.
    Pain.

A thing Efrideet knew- had known- all too well ripped through her, as she surged forward through the massive sphere of Hakai bearing down on her. Only for every fiber of her to cry out at once, as the hand that batted her into orbit connected. She hung limply in space briefly, as the pain radiated out from her core, content to watch as Remnant warred with a beam fired from what appeared to be Koorimaru.

Little fool, he knew not what he did. Lashing out against the tool he'd used to imprison himself.

Perhaps he'd buy her the time.

Lips pursed as she cupped her hands, True Magic coalesced in her palms as she focused....

Elsewhere, they could sense it. Ochazuke. Zaofan. Held. Efrideet's power swell as she prepared to kill what remained, of this Universe's First GoD.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "...what are you doing?"

Ochazuke sighed. Were he not currently occupied with folding the Universe's Heka behind them while balancing the Genki Dama that held their fighting spirit aloft, he'd have continued to refresh her memory, but for the rapidly passing moments to act before them.

Instead, he set one of the Capsule Floater Drones servicing the ship to the side of the gurney carrying Sarada, where it attached a tether and began to tow her away to a supply room.

"After all that has transpired, do we continue to perceive only what we wish?"

Sakin's planet loomed before them, and at this moment Efrideet stood alone.

"Take scope of the situation, Super Saiyan God, for all the lives that give that title any meaning, although if you require the time to retreat into yourself, make your preparations to do it with decency!"
    Sarada let out a frustrated grunt as her concentration was snapped. Another sigh escaped her before she actually said something. "I literally can't sense Sakin, Alakazah, or Genesis. Maybe he's hiding them with some bullshit, who knows. All I can sense is Remnant, and..."

The spear punches through, Efrideet flying up with it as the pressure from the Hakai dissipates suddenly. Remnant instead slashes their hand out at the suddenly rising Efrideet and slaps her away several thousand miles back out of the atmosphere.
    Having just slapped Efrideet back out of the atmosphere, Remnant’s power surges.

Five large mechanical hands erupt from Remnant’s back, each holding a beam of creation and destruction twinned in their hands. They release the beams upward, entering into a massive five beam struggle with Koorimaru.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Elsewhere, they could sense it. Ochazuke. Zaofan. Held. Efrideet's power swell as she prepared to kill what remained, of this Universe's First GoD.
    "...it feels like he'll be dead in the next few minutes." She sighed for a third time as the Capsule Corp drone wheeled her gurney to somewhere else within the ship. Just to make sure nothing had changed in the few minutes since the last time she checked, she spread her senses as far as they would go. She focused on sensing something or someone other than Remnant and the people on her side. She wasn't expecting anything. She had long accepted that her senses weren't that great unless she was using Peerless Instinct, which she hadn't been able to enter for the longest. Worth a shot, I guess.

...Efrideet was gathering a frightening amount of power. She felt herself frown. She had wanted to at least try and save Indar'en... and Asha'rah too, she supposed. If it wasn't meant to be, then whatever. One less enemy to deal with.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Remnant continues it’s beam struggle with Koorimaru, pushing the Godslayer Death Beams back. As the mechanical hands sprouting from the back continue on, the main real arms start gathering more Hakai once more.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley raised an eyebrow at his sudden strange behavior but said nothing about it and chose to focus on the task at hand. She felt Cancer's godly ki finally disappear for the final time. That wretched vampire was gone. While she would have loved to be the one to end her life, the fact that she was dead was good enough for her. And with that, she turned her attention to their true quarry, Sakin.

Held, from the sound of it, had found him. She recalled that when they first arrived, his Forsworn World was just out of her senses range. It was clear that Held had no such limitations. However, there was something... off about him, and it wasn't just his suddenly and peculiar outburst. His eyes are green? She distinctly recalled the Nevadian's eyes being red before boarding his ship. Unless he evolved between then and now? It didn't matter but she found it curious. She supposed she would ask him about it when all was said and done.

"Have you found him? What do you see?"
    "I'm not entirely sure." Held replied, his focus on the Angellic Antagonist unwavering as he attempted to discern Sakins activities. "He's certainly planetside....It seems that he used some sort of sorcery to blind us to his presence. That would explain why we couldn't quite determine where he was."

He shrugged slightly, "Then again, even if I knew what he was doing, my time in Angel School was cut short. I don't know if we have the time to grasp the intricacies of what he's up to, if Ochazuke isn't overstating things...."

Held laughed slightly as he imagined his stern and serious friend suddenly developing the habit.

"Only a moment longer if we can spare it," Ochazuke replied. "Sakin will compartmentalize the space behind us...while the fight against his thralls ensued, he'd already made his move."

Connected to the Cosmic Leyline he felt out the position of their three vessels of attack, but though he probed the surface of the Forsworn World beyond the battle of Efrideet and Remnant, it was much more difficult to piece the veil of this world.

"Cheh. It would be that way. After all, you have the fastest ship," he chuckled. "And in the pivotal moment, the battle is decided. Plot the vector if you can, and show us the way."
    "Affirmative." The Nevadian replied, slowly inputting coordinates into his ships navigation system, "Give me a moment to work it out, and we'll be ready to depart."

This new sight....It throws off my normal calculations....Still, it should be a snap once I get the hang of it.

As Praxat is honing her Bio-Electromagnokinesis, she is improving her control over protons. ( I could focus on learning to control more charged particles, but it's best I just focus on two for now. The two being electrons and protons,) Praxat said.

( I have had more time controlling electrons than I did protons. Learning to control Protons is still a recent thing for me. Both particles have a spin and charge. Electrons are negatively charged, and protons are positively charged,) Praxat thought.

( That makes me think of something the only difference between matter and antimatter is that charge and spin are reversed. Anyway how long have I been at this, hope I haven't lost track of time.) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

"I'm not entirely sure." Held replied, his focus on the Angellic Antagonist unwavering as he attempted to discern Sakins activities. "He's certainly planetside....It seems that he used some sort of sorcery to blind us to his presence. That would explain why we couldn't quite determine where he was."

He shrugged slightly, "Then again, even if I knew what he was doing, my time in Angel School was cut short. I don't know if we have the time to grasp the intricacies of what he's up to, if Ochazuke isn't overstating things...."

Held laughed slightly as he imagined his stern and serious friend suddenly developing the habit.
    "Sorcery, hm?" While they didn't have much time before having to reconvene with the others, Parsley knew that peeling back the curtain the Wizard of Oz was hiding behind was something they would have to accomplish eventually. Even if she wouldn't be able to begin the revealing process, she could at least come to an understanding of what kind of spell he was using. "I'll have to have a look."

She approached Held and turned her attention to the direction of Sakin's world. "Even if we won't have time to unravel this spell now, understanding its mechanics will make the future task a little easier." With that said, she directed Toki Yo Tomare, enhanced by Observational Focus, toward the Forsaken World to see if she could detect the flow of Sakin's magical energy and determine the nature of the spell he had cast around himself.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Having just slapped Efrideet back out of the atmosphere, Remnant’s power surges.

Five large mechanical hands erupt from Remnant’s back, each holding a beam of creation and destruction twinned in their hands. They release the beams upward, entering into a massive five beam struggle with Koorimaru.
    The shell of the Goddess has remanifested? But how, I--!?!

The corruption spread up his arms past his elbows, and the veins carrying the paradoxical essence he channeled crawled through his flesh.

It would be the hones edge by which he would cut down the gods where they stood as Night had slain his Elder Dragon kin...and yet the synthesis of these two energies held in check only by the traces of his own ki that he poured into it was met by a similar outpouring from this ghost of an atavistic ape.

Remnant continues it’s beam struggle with Koorimaru, pushing the Godslayer Death Beams back. As the mechanical hands sprouting from the back continue on, the main real arms start gathering more Hakai once more.
    "This mockery will not stand--!! Do you think this will impede me? What is this but the latest rattle of a phantom without will?!"

Tracing down the path of the Godslayer Death Beams where they made contact with Remnant's freeform energy, he realized meeting it force for force was a fool's errand.

"That's the problem with all of you wretched Monkeys," Koorimaru stammered, seemingly to himself. "No greater ambition than fighting to the death, no forward thought but to put this on display-!!"

Yet the longer the beam clash had went on, the further he refined the method of synthesizing these energies. The greater quantity of Creation and Destruction had been conjured by Remnant, as if a bludgeon; from Efrideet, points and spears. Only, for Koorimaru, the self-limiting shells of his own flesh had started to fray.

"You among the progenitors of their kind are no exception! For this affront alone, I shall see you erased by any means, INDA'REN!!!"

However, ensnared with his attempts to attack, he'd slowly begun to attune himself to the energies he'd known so well once.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Pain.

A thing Efrideet knew- had known- all too well ripped through her, as she surged forward through the massive sphere of Hakai bearing down on her. Only for every fiber of her to cry out at once, as the hand that batted her into orbit connected. She hung limply in space briefly, as the pain radiated out from her core, content to watch as Remnant warred with a beam fired from what appeared to be Koorimaru.

Little fool, he knew not what he did. Lashing out against the tool he'd used to imprison himself.

Perhaps he'd buy her the time.

Lips pursed as she cupped her hands, True Magic coalesced in her palms as she focused....

Even if he wished, Koorimaru could not move freely. But where the new Goddess stood, one would have to be blind, deaf, and dumb to ignore the sheer torrent of power coursing through her presence.

So the Death Beams continued to fall through the drones, though their potencey was fading.

This was because Koorimaru's hands were left free to project a sixth attack, and with it, an effort to destabilize this creature's godly essence, in order to disrupt and desynchronize the very manifestation of itself in this realm entirely. Creator to Destroyer, the harmony in its emotion, and the paradox of the two half-souls struggling as one...even for a moment.

Cessation of the Eternal Ones: Doomsday Sloth!!
    Last edited by grampagen; 10-10-2022 at 01:46 AM.

Sarada let out a frustrated grunt as her concentration was snapped. Another sigh escaped her before she actually said something. "I literally can't sense Sakin, Alakazah, or Genesis. Maybe he's hiding them with some bullshit, who knows. All I can sense is Remnant, and..."

"...it feels like he'll be dead in the next few minutes." She sighed for a third time as the Capsule Corp drone wheeled her gurney to somewhere else within the ship. Just to make sure nothing had changed in the few minutes since the last time she checked, she spread her senses as far as they would go. She focused on sensing something or someone other than Remnant and the people on her side. She wasn't expecting anything. She had long accepted that her senses weren't that great unless she was using Peerless Instinct, which she hadn't been able to enter for the longest. Worth a shot, I guess.

...Efrideet was gathering a frightening amount of power. She felt herself frown. She had wanted to at least try and save Indar'en... and Asha'rah too, she supposed. If it wasn't meant to be, then whatever. One less enemy to deal with.
    "So swiftly will all your rhetoric of faith and fellowship in others wither and fall to apathy the moment you decided it is for the esteem of contributing individual strength," Ochazuke said, "After all that has transpired, still you only accept what you hold within your own power, cheh!"

The gurney floated off, and Ochazuke began to proceed to the bridge.

"So it is, then. Sequester yourself in your own thoughts if you must, but I will not suffer the entire sapient will of your people to fall behind a veil of rigid hubris. When the moment comes, be ready."

"Affirmative." The Nevadian replied, slowly inputting coordinates into his ships navigation system, "Give me a moment to work it out, and we'll be ready to depart."

This new sight....It throws off my normal calculations....Still, it should be a snap once I get the hang of it.
    "Sorcery, hm?" While they didn't have much time before having to reconvene with the others, Parsley knew that peeling back the curtain the Wizard of Oz was hiding behind was something they would have to accomplish eventually. Even if she wouldn't be able to begin the revealing process, she could at least come to an understanding of what kind of spell he was using. "I'll have to have a look."

She approached Held and turned her attention to the direction of Sakin's world. "Even if we won't have time to unravel this spell now, understanding its mechanics will make the future task a little easier." With that said, she directed Toki Yo Tomare, enhanced by Observational Focus, toward the Forsaken World to see if she could detect the flow of Sakin's magical energy and determine the nature of the spell he had cast around himself.
    The doors to the Gotengo's bridge slid open, and Ochazuke was silent as he found his usual seat. Affixing the helm of the Zero System, the data feeds of the vessel's systems integrated within his Meditation Field...but the bulk of it was simply miniscule compared to where it had reached now.

Alone, he was but one mortal vessel adrift in the cosmos. Upon the Leyline, the secrets of entire worlds were laid bare, the living pulse behind planets, the orbital track around stars. He had the means to sense what had set these luminous essences apart, that was the foundation of Battle Meditation.

For all those who wished to live and had been denied a voice, that was the very reason why he set the Axis about them to carry the Living Will of the Universe behind them into this final battle.

One last lesson, then, in faith.

The Heka Flow had gathered from each and every one of their worlds to push them forward. Their hopes to survive, perhaps; the dreams of a life to come after this, doubtlessly; but he'd felt a silent weight that had been impressed upon them with such force that when it had been put in motion, it would be beyond any one of them to stop.

The true essence of Heka was more than what had been witness. Their belief in them could very well turn the people of this universe into supplicants that knelt to any witless despot, whether the adherents of the savage natural laws of the universe or the gods that would take them for granted.

But to recognize their own power, to believe in their own strength of will and afford it to another, that would gather their voices as one that they would all rise together.

The communicator chatter from the Galloping had reached him. Projected through the Gotengo, the vector of Ochazuke's Meditation Field reached to each vessel, and with that every soul that remained to fight for the Universe.

With a silent surge of projected focus, Kei'i-Ken* magnified the focus of all their group so that they at this very moment would sharpen the will within themselves to find their own way forward.

OOC: *Efficacy of next action has been enhanced

Remnant falters.

It is but a moment, when the Doomsday Slith strikes it causes the twinned being to falter in its attack. The energy around it fluctuates, rattles, becomes unsure.

It is the opening Efrideet needs to fire down upon them.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Despite her best efforts, Parsley cannot see Sakin or his aura. Up close….probably, but so far away the atmosphere of the Foresworn World makes penetrating it to sense anything nearly impossible.

A testament to the Shingan that Held has managed it somehow from this distance. Or perhaps it is his own divine nature.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The sense of it is vast.

Held beholds Sakin, even so far away, keep his gaze locked with the Nevadian even as he touches and activates one of the Apparatuses.

A pulse echoes out from the planet and those with any sensing capabilities knows that they are now cut off from the rest of the universe, the pulse from the planet stretching out until all in its orbit are sundered from the universe by a near impenetrable barrier.

There will be no more help arriving. No more back-up. What remains here is all that will contend with Sakin now.

Held watches as the Angel calmly walks toward the next one, ignoring the massive Remnant nearby as it beam duels Koorimaru high above.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The sense of it is vast.

Held beholds Sakin, even so far away, keep his gaze locked with the Nevadian even as he touches and activates one of the Apparatuses.

A pulse echoes out from the planet and those with any sensing capabilities knows that they are now cut off from the rest of the universe, the pulse from the planet stretching out until all in its orbit are sundered from the universe by a near impenetrable barrier.

There will be no more help arriving. No more back-up. What remains here is all that will contend with Sakin now.

Held watches as the Angel calmly walks toward the next one, ignoring the massive Remnant nearby as it beam duels Koorimaru high above.
    As Praxat is honing her Bio-Electromagnokinesis and swordsmanship, she gets a strange feeling. ( Why do get a strange feeling my electroreception is telling me I have been cut off rest of the universe or something?) Praxat thought.
    My Forum check it out

Efrideet continued to draw power from the core of her being, as Remnant began to manifest vestiges of their former divinity; metallic palms clashing with the Death Beams fired from on high as the proto-Saiyan half summoned Hakai for a final attack. It seemed that now, in the final moments of this place, this universe, the disparate halves had come together to brute force the ending they so desired... failing to grasp that it had ever possessed the means. It had stated it could not be killed yet possessed within itself the fundamental building blocks necessary to realize the fulfillment of any dream.

A paradox of purpose, a brutal asymmetry. Blind to everything but pain of its own making. A ghost, that haunted a Universe that could never hope to recover, so long as it persisted...

The shell of the Goddess has remanifested? But how, I--!?!

The corruption spread up his arms past his elbows, and the veins carrying the paradoxical essence he channeled crawled through his flesh.

It would be the hones edge by which he would cut down the gods where they stood as Night had slain his Elder Dragon kin...and yet the synthesis of these two energies held in check only by the traces of his own ki that he poured into it was met by a similar outpouring from this ghost of an atavistic ape.

"This mockery will not stand--!! Do you think this will impede me? What is this but the latest rattle of a phantom without will?!"

Tracing down the path of the Godslayer Death Beams where they made contact with Remnant's freeform energy, he realized meeting it force for force was a fool's errand.

"That's the problem with all of you wretched Monkeys," Koorimaru stammered, seemingly to himself. "No greater ambition than fighting to the death, no forward thought but to put this on display-!!"

Yet the longer the beam clash had went on, the further he refined the method of synthesizing these energies. The greater quantity of Creation and Destruction had been conjured by Remnant, as if a bludgeon; from Efrideet, points and spears. Only, for Koorimaru, the self-limiting shells of his own flesh had started to fray.

"You among the progenitors of their kind are no exception! For this affront alone, I shall see you erased by any means, INDA'REN!!!"

However, ensnared with his attempts to attack, he'd slowly begun to attune himself to the energies he'd known so well once.

Even if he wished, Koorimaru could not move freely. But where the new Goddess stood, one would have to be blind, deaf, and dumb to ignore the sheer torrent of power coursing through her presence.

So the Death Beams continued to fall through the drones, though their potencey was fading.

Though it seemed to be that Efrideet struggled alone, as she fought for those who had been so vocal in their desire to wage this tired war... there was at least one who saw fit to pitch in. So she reached out, the gentle wisps of her essence touching the fraying skin, and corrupted flesh, and as she had with Ochazuke, Zaofan, and Held; Efrideet offered Koorimaru the means to stay his course and survive what doom may come.

Divine Intervention.

"It is not your time, Koorimaru. Not yet."

Then... it happpened.

This was because Koorimaru's hands were left free to project a sixth attack, and with it, an effort to destabilize this creature's godly essence, in order to disrupt and desynchronize the very manifestation of itself in this realm entirely. Creator to Destroyer, the harmony in its emotion, and the paradox of the two half-souls struggling as one...even for a moment.

Cessation of the Eternal Ones: Doomsday Sloth!!
    [QUOTE=Cleric of Hell’s Brigade;6227096]Remnant falters.

It is but a moment, when the Doomsday Slith strikes it causes the twinned being to falter in its attack. The energy around it fluctuates, rattles, becomes unsure.

As Koorimaru won his clash, Efrideet took careful aim.

The pain she felt through her entirety was more pronounced now, after summoning the entirety of her might, and scouring her memories. Her palms blackened, skin cracked- in a bittersweet echo of a time,. and woman, now long since passed-; energy rolling off of her in waves, from the sphere cupped in her palms. What else was she to do, to kill a God? For as much as this was a means to an end for Efrideet, she was acutely aware that Remnant was not simply a beast to be vanquished. Remnant was the personification, and ultimately perpetuation, of a system that had created Ishtar. A system that had helped take a woman who wished for nothing more than to tend her Garden; and broken her down, again, and again... until there was nothing left than a slave. A slave that died believing she was the only one who could right what had been wrought by the selfishness, and complacency of the Gods.

It is the opening Efrideet needs to fire down upon them.

There was no pomp, or circumstance when the moment came. This was not a moment of triumph. It was one of pain, and loss, and regret. For what was, and what could have been. So as Remnant faltered, and she could sense the weakness that would allow for the death of a true immortal, Efrideet... Ishtar... offered up everything she had.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 10-13-2022 at 02:42 AM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan