Page 13 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It…kind of works. Those who already succumbed are out. The rest, like Sarada, resist the effect but feel lethargic from the previous exposure.
    "It... it worked," she said breathlessly. The sun was blocked out, but its effect still lingered. Some were out like lights, sleeping right there on the ground. Others, like her, were awake, but felt out of sorts, like waking up from a deep sleep and being completely unaware of what year it was.

"Your Highness!" a soldier called out from nearby. He and two others standing next to him were leaning against a pile of debris in a desperate attempt to catch their bearings and snap out of it. "What's happening now?"

"I don't know," she responded. "Gather as much of your wits as you can and see to those who succumbed. Get them out of harm's way; I get the feeling this is only just starting."

They nodded and pushed off the debris. One tapped her comm to communicate with other soldiers who were still awake. Before long, an entire battalion of soldiers arrived and started air-lifting the sleeping Saiyans to a nearby hospital.

Sarada, for her part, glanced up at the sun and frowned. "I need to find Avoca and Parsley." The latter had most likely arrived shortly after Sarada's warning and already found her. With that in mind, Sarada quickly flew toward the palace.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Eva stands with her hands on Totoma’s shoulders, as Charco’s Solar Shot illuminates a strange horror scene below the Lookout.
    Sasheem lands roughly. The odd aura of whatever was clawing up from the bottom of the lookout, giving him an eerie feeling. Coupled with Auroc's almost uncharacteristically nervous demeanor, put him in an even worse mood. "Sasheem can see that you're busy here, but there's some other stuff to worry about too..." the Majin paused, glancing towards Maven. "Good thing Sasheem brought some backup."

The assailant, a blob like Flan creature, responds by attempting to swallow Blizzar hole and digest him.
    "Ugh!" Why you disgusting..." Blizzar trailed off, his eyes flashing as he cocked back a fist for a charged punch towards the creature's insides.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat unsheaths her ancestor Disdemona's sword and turns it and her into pure electromagnetic energy. Praxat then heads towards the small battle. Suddenly what seems like a flash of lightning strikes the battlefield.

The physical form of Praxat and a sword manifested for form this flash. Praxat infused the sword with electromagnetic energy. She then uses her Bio- Electromagnokinesis to remotely control the sword.

Sending it flying across the battlefield like a boomerang control its trajectory and movement.

OT: the speed of a electromagnetic wave is 50 to 99% the speed of light.
    Adam, Midori, and Shiro, alongside Dr. Wheelo in a truly impressive mech suit, appear to be battling some of the strange hybrid creatures from way back when The Doctor sent them to attack Earth. Praxat manages to bisect two, who are quickly finished off by Adam, but more are fighting. Haru, the wolfen-Saiyan hybrid appears and kicks Praxat into CC.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley couldn't detect anything, but she did see that Sarada formed a barrier around the planet to block the blood sun's pulsating energy. It worked. She no longer felt on the verge of falling asleep; instead, she felt like she had just woken up from a long midday nap. Sluggish and lethargic, it would take some time for her to shake off the trammels of whatever afflicted her. Out of the corner of her eye, she could many of her kin weren't so lucky. They laid on the ground, fast asleep.

Before she could speak, Avoca grabbed her and sunk her teeth into her throat. !!! She let out a gurgling sound right before Avoca's hand clamped down hard over her mouth and nose. It was difficult to breath. Further, she couldn't move. Not just because of the abnormally powerful arm synched in over her chest, but also because something had paralyzed her. What the hell? What is happening? Why is she doing this?!

Then, as she was being dragged back into the palace and away from anyone who could possibly help her, the realization hit her. Sarada said Avoca was in trouble, then that "Avoca" emerged from the palace. An Avoca that was obviously either fake or taken over by some entity. Whatever the case, she was in serious trouble.

Don't panic. The more you panic, the faster your heart beats. The faster I bleed out.

Oh gods, she was bleeding out. Blood was being sucked out of her neck and devoured by that creature clamped around her. Had Avoca been turned into a vampire of some kind? How?

I have to get free, but I can't move! Her only hope was her magic. Her power had dropped significantly. Transforming was out of the question, as was fighting her way out of the grip. Magic was her only way of getting free and escaping.

She closed her eyes and tried to access her magical energy.
    It’s faintly there, but also draining.

She gets more withdrawn before she is suddenly cast aside with enough force to dislocate her left shoulder and crack a few ribs. Looking up, she watches as Avoca suddenly looks exactly like Parskey, down to her energy signature.

“My my, you are quite tasty. Better than your wife, for sure. You taste like gravesite dirt and lemons. How refreshing.”

‘Parsley’ smiles down at her, a bead of Hakai suddenly forming over her upturned hand. She lets it float right above Parsley, waiting.

“Let’s play a game. You’ll be paralyzed for about two more minutes. After your body releases, try and avoid my hakai, hmm? You’ll involuntarily relax into it, so you’ll need to stay as stiff and still as possible. Any movement, any casting, and bam!”

She claps her hands and grins.

“It’ll tear through you.”

She puts a finger to her mouth and smiles wise, fangs glinting.

“I wonder how long you’ll last. I wonder…will you still be alive when I get to Maiz’s Temple? Let’s find out.”

‘Parsley’ suddenly vanished, leaving Parsley paralyzed with a Hakai bomb hovering just over her.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Adam, Midori, and Shiro, alongside Dr. Wheelo in a truly impressive mech suit, appear to be battling some of the strange hybrid creatures from way back when The Doctor sent them to attack Earth. Praxat manages to bisect two, who are quickly finished off by Adam, but more are fighting. Haru, the wolfen-Saiyan hybrid appears and kicks Praxat into CC.

Praxat gets up and uses her Bio- Electromagnokinesis to make her sword return to her and sheathes it. Praxat then infuses her arms and legs with electromagnetic energy and faces the direction of Haru. " I know exactly where you are, and I know you're watching me. Oh, and I'm pretty sure you should be dead," Praxat said.

" Wait, you're from the past, aren't you. Yeah, that's it, Praxat said. Praxat then gets in a guard stance.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Totoma manages to slow the downward pull of the Lookout, but he can feel something exerting force against him. That sinister sense lingering around.

Eva walks up and lays a hand on his shoulder, her power flowing into him a she helps to ‘pull’ the Lookout back up. The downward pull halts, and the three are now in a stalemate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma felt a hand on his shoulder and then immediately sensed Eva's power flow into him to reinforce his efforts. Alone, he could only slow its descent, but together with Eva, a stalemate was reached. That sinister feeling was still there, though... what was that? It sort of felt like feeling an evil person's ki, but was more... overt? He didn't really know how to describe it.

Activating his Kizuna with Eva and the others to further bolster his and Eva's efforts, Totoma redirected some of the excess power from it towards the... sinister feeling, reaching out with his ki senses and ESP to... get any sort of bead on it. It was a rough, clumsy effort, and he was probably setting himself up for a jump-scare, but it was the only thing he could think of at the moment.

'Who and what are you. What do you want?'
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Oh! You're back! Ha ha!"

Freshly energized, Zaofan knew he couldn't do any less than trust they they had his back; and so there was something he could do in return.

It was a real crash course in Banespells last momebts, but if he understood the principle correctly, maybe this would be the foundation from which Heka could flow...

"Alright...let's all stand together and show this....this thing, what for."

Combined with Kizuna, perhaps everyone on the Lookout would be able to illuminate the manifest darkness that had shrouded the ground below them, and face the emergent threat that had come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Suppose this would be as good as any time to try this out."

Energy flowed into his palm as he pointed a hand down beyond the Lookout's edge and he invoked the memories of light and heat, raising the temperature around him as his ki aura was literally lit aflame.

"Solar Shot"

The usual green hue of his energy grew paler and paler until it was a brilliant white like a supernova going off. Firing it off, the blast hurdled toward the darkness like a blazing meteorite, illuminating everything in its downward path.
    The more things changed, the more things stayed the same. Prime Sarada felt a smile tug at her lips when she watched Charco fire a flaming blast at the base of the Lookout. Whatever was lurking underneath managed to escape her gaze, but she doubted it would escape his fiery blast.

She wasn't content to let him have all the fine, though. With a mental command, she willed her platform to move back to the underside of the Lookout to catch a good look at whatever it was for herself.

A…force, like a strong wind heralding the flames of a forest fire, blows into Totoma’s mind and it is only Eva’s presence that prevents him from being overwhelmed. Such hatred, such….otherness. The minds at the other end are terrible, filled with far too many angles and alien concepts.
    Combined with a bit of Heka and Totoma’s connection to everyone, the burning Ki of Solar Shot illuminates a nightmare.

Creatures, near formless, with odd angles and dimensions clung to the bottom of the Lookout like leeches. Invisible, they ooze a type of invisible mist that deadens flight and certain other Ki abilities. The presence they exude is foul and awful, scratching at their minds and senses as they try and observe things that shouldn’t be in this dimension.
    Between Kizuna, Charco's shot, and whatever power Zaofan managed to summon, the sources of the evil presence were made manifest. Strange creatures, black as pitch, clung to the bottom of the Lookout like leeches. Sarada felt her skin crawl and her brain grow agitated just looking at them. What the hell are those? It felt like they weren't supposed to be in their plane of existence or whatever.

Her teeth ground together as a green ball formed in her hand. She reached out, seeking to capture one of them inside a barrier.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem lands roughly. The odd aura of whatever was clawing up from the bottom of the lookout, giving him an eerie feeling. Coupled with Auroc's almost uncharacteristically nervous demeanor, put him in an even worse mood. "Sasheem can see that you're busy here, but there's some other stuff to worry about too..." the Majin paused, glancing towards Maven. "Good thing Sasheem brought some backup."
    She adjusts her clothes and glares at Sasheem. Before she can speak, however, Auroc hisses.

“The Honzu Civilization. Their remnant, at least. That is what assails this place. They exist beyond three dimensions, entities if thought and corruption. Light, and esoteric energy that is beyond normal ki is required for this. Maven, cast a Seeing spell. Do not allow them to fall back into un-sight.”

The Maven grumbles but starts casting a spell.

Eva meanwhile looks at Shawnee, eyebrow arched on surprise at his guests.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Ugh!" Why you disgusting..." Blizzar trailed off, his eyes flashing as he cocked back a fist for a charged punch towards the creature's insides.
    The fist is absorbed into the body, and it slowly starts consuming him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma recoiled from... whatever it was that his mind touched, but Eva's presence managed to protect him.

Okay, yeah, that was stupid of me.

He had no idea what he was seeing right now, other than that they were... wrong, somehow. Not, like, demon-type wrong, but 'does not belong in reality' wrong. He felt sick even beholding them for a brief instant--especially since they looked kinda like leeches. Gross. He hated leeches.

Wouldn't even eat them, and he was a Saiyan!

"Crap, this... isn't good. I can't fight and help keep the lookout aloft at the same time," he said, beads of sweat beginning to form on his brow. "Should we just set the lookout down somewhere nearby, Eva?"
    “I cannot control where…we’ll land is the only issue. But yes, we can’t fight this at the same time. Let..let it go.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post

Praxat gets up and uses her Bio- Electromagnokinesis to make her sword return to her and sheathes it. Praxat then infuses her arms and legs with electromagnetic energy and faces the direction of Haru. " I know exactly where you are, and I know you're watching me. Oh, and I'm pretty sure you should be dead," Praxat said.

" Wait, you're from the past, aren't you. Yeah, that's it, Praxat said. Praxat then gets in a guard stance.
    Haru howls and powers up, before charging at her. Meanwhile, two more had shown up. Koolard and Glacia, two more hybrids, attack the others defenders.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The more things changed, the more things stayed the same. Prime Sarada felt a smile tug at her lips when she watched Charco fire a flaming blast at the base of the Lookout. Whatever was lurking underneath managed to escape her gaze, but she doubted it would escape his fiery blast.

She wasn't content to let him have all the fine, though. With a mental command, she willed her platform to move back to the underside of the Lookout to catch a good look at whatever it was for herself.

Between Kizuna, Charco's shot, and whatever power Zaofan managed to summon, the sources of the evil presence were made manifest. Strange creatures, black as pitch, clung to the bottom of the Lookout like leeches. Sarada felt her skin crawl and her brain grow agitated just looking at them. What the hell are those? It felt like they weren't supposed to be in their plane of existence or whatever.

Her teeth ground together as a green ball formed in her hand. She reached out, seeking to capture one of them inside a barrier.
    The touch of it is like slime inside her very essence, but she manages to trap one.

For now.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

She adjusts her clothes and glares at Sasheem. Before she can speak, however, Auroc hisses.

“The Honzu Civilization. Their remnant, at least. That is what assails this place. They exist beyond three dimensions, entities if thought and corruption. Light, and esoteric energy that is beyond normal ki is required for this. Maven, cast a Seeing spell. Do not allow them to fall back into un-sight.”

The Maven grumbles but starts casting a spell.

Eva meanwhile looks at Shawnee, eyebrow arched on surprise at his guests.
    "Don't act like these jerks won't be useful. Oldroc here seems to know more than most about whatever Sackin's sent our way...." He nodded at Maven. "She'll do what we say if ya threaten her enough! But hey look, you saw what's up there in the sky, right? Auroc called it the Dreadnaught of Blahblah or whatever but that ain't the point. Point is goin' at it like we normally do isn't gonna cut it with this time! Figured you could use your mind talk to let everyone up there know...unless you're too preoccupied with those turd worms down there."

The fist is absorbed into the body, and it slowly starts consuming him.
    "I swear this happens to me far too often..." Blizzar grumbled. "Which is why I've had to develop this...." Blizzar begins to wind up the arm being absorbed, energy gathering in his arm with each rotation. "Have you any sentience, I'd advise backing off a bit.

"Don't act like these jerks won't be useful. Oldroc here seems to know more than most about whatever Sackin's sent our way...." He nodded at Maven. "She'll do what we say if ya threaten her enough! But hey look, you saw what's up there in the sky, right? Auroc called it the Dreadnaught of Blahblah or whatever but that ain't the point. Point is goin' at it like we normally do isn't gonna cut it with this time! Figured you could use your mind talk to let everyone up there know...unless you're too preoccupied with those turd worms down there."
    Eva nods.

“Wise indeed.”

She telepathically broadcasts, boosted as she is with Totoma, this revaluation so that all the defenses of Earth (M-Fighter or EDF or GP or other) knows what Auroc has told Sasheem.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM