Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The head is no where to be found visually, Sarada.

Caliban responds back.

‘Yes, boyo. Only one of her.’

He hums, than adds a bit more context.

‘A storm demon first, she was, before a destroyer. All the trappings of power, but a shiny credit says the storm is her preferred body, and the manifestation girlie…….Ehh, Parsley and her sister are fighting is just an appendage. A lump of power she can animate and reanimate endlessly.’

———

Meanwhile, Jack nods to Praxat.

“Well, get ready. Looks like we’ll be on Reshlan soon.”
    Paraxt uses her bio electromangokinieses to unsheathe her sword and makes it float beside her. Then infuses her limbs and her sword with her own electromagnetic energy. "Ready," Paraxt said.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "I don't suppose Ochazuke was kind enough to stock up on my medicine before take off." Held mumbled to Frogspierre absently.

A quizzical, raised eyebrow was the only comment given by the foreboding avenger.

"Booze." Crazy Horn explained, snorting derisively, "Is this truly so high on your list of priorities?"

The Nevadian shrugged.

"I'd probably be able to make more sense of what is going on with a drink." Held replied meekly, "I feel like I just woke up in an entirely different galaxy. I can barely get my bearings. I've barely gotten out of bed and apparently we're going to fight....."

Held glanced towards a monitor displaying the show below, the massive planetary storm ushering in chaos. If Held had time to get acclimated, he would no doubt feel shock at the power being brought to bare. As things were, he felt like he was watching something utterly unconnected to him, like a random image in a holo-show.

"That." he replied simply, "I'm just saying, this is alot to take in."

Held frowned as both Avenger and Unicorn shook their head in dismay.

"What?" Held inquired, somewhat annoyed, "Am I the only one who feels like a fish out of water? Were you both penpals with Eva or Hilda or something."

"Yes." Frogspierre required simply.

"What?" Held replied blankly, clearly not expecting such an answer.

"Perhaps as a warrior, one should act." Frogspierre replied, adjusting the hilt of his blade on his side as he ignored Held's confusion "Your feelings seem to be worth little in this moment. Tell me, did you stop during the chaos of every battle to contemplate your feelings? Is this how you do battle?"

Held went silent for a moment, before responding. "No. I observe. I make a plan, and I execute."

"Then perhaps your time is better served doing that."

Held groaned, reluctantly conceding the point.

"...I think better when I drink, but fine."

....I guess I could just transmute some water if I really have to, but....Nevermind, I'll figure that out later.
    As the planetary storm on Reshlan below them filled the various monitors with data glaring and dangerous, Zaofan had been silently picking at a holographic screen. For a moment it seemed as if he was willingly distancing himself from the threat of She Who Stalks, but in truth he was occupied with something else entirely.

"...space is a cruel mistress. We have rations, but they're for survival, and we've only got so much in store," he sighed, "I'm afraid the hardest thing we have is Hetap. It's no single malt, and it's a far ways away from Baradur Mexcal but you and your Toadian friend may have to make do."

Blinking for a second, he stood to his feet.

"That reminds me, I...uh..."

Patting down his pockets, he was searching for something.

The head is no where to be found visually, Sarada.

Caliban responds back.

‘Yes, boyo. Only one of her.’

He hums, than adds a bit more context.

‘A storm demon first, she was, before a destroyer. All the trappings of power, but a shiny credit says the storm is her preferred body, and the manifestation girlie…….Ehh, Parsley and her sister are fighting is just an appendage. A lump of power she can animate and reanimate endlessly.’

———

Meanwhile, Jack nods to Praxat.

“Well, get ready. Looks like we’ll be on Reshlan soon.”
    Ochazuke considered Caliban's counsel. Though it did little to avail the trial to come, it did frame the sheer scope of what they needed to do.

"In other words, she's been playing with her food. Even the most formidable of Saiyans are beset before a destroyer of this calibre..."

Examining the planet below, it seemed inescapable. Even if the Royal sisters accepted nothing as impossible before their might, there it was; strike one limb from the avatar, She would not be deprived from the source of her power. It would be like lashing at the air to wound the sky.

The silence on the bridge was broken by the sound of strangely hollow, yet heavily trodden footsteps, followed by the snap of a tail and a throaty seething.

"...you mean to tell me we've returned to this hermit empire on the fringes for the sake of simians who've rushed headlong into a battle they cannot win."

Koorimaru's black lips pressed into a twisted smile, but by the rising vein at his temple it was plain to see his barb was not entirely out of contempt.

"Well now, look at this. I bring you the husk of a god and you deliver it to the waiting hand of Sakin. I may have overestimated our chances, hah!"

Ochazuke, seated in meditation as he funneled the ships energies to guide the Gotengo, visibly twitched, and a pulse radiated through its superstructure.

"Perhaps it shouldn't surprise me that one who had been touched by the Remnant to consider all else below the realm of gods below his station."

The smile spread, stretched to a sneer upon Koorimaru's dark face.

"I've beheld the beginning of the end of the universe through the eyes of the ones to lift their hand toward it. I've reached beyond the pale to conquer death-"

"-and yet you are all but determined to see what you wish. This battlefield we have shaped already."

Addressing Caliban once more, Ochazuke continued.

"The demonic host She summons, are these, too, part of her?"

And then to Held and Etrina, he spoke again.

"It's been a year since we were here last, but the runework has been etched into the crust of the planet itself. Can you reactivate its spell?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 01-18-2022 at 10:02 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As the planetary storm on Reshlan below them filled the various monitors with data glaring and dangerous, Zaofan had been silently picking at a holographic screen. For a moment it seemed as if he was willingly distancing himself from the threat of She Who Stalks, but in truth he was occupied with something else entirely.

"...space is a cruel mistress. We have rations, but they're for survival, and we've only got so much in store," he sighed, "I'm afraid the hardest thing we have is Hetap. It's no single malt, and it's a far ways away from Baradur Mexcal but you and your Toadian friend may have to make do."

Blinking for a second, he stood to his feet.

"That reminds me, I...uh..."

Patting down his pockets, he was searching for something.

Ochazuke considered Caliban's counsel. Though it did little to avail the trial to come, it did frame the sheer scope of what they needed to do.

"In other words, she's been playing with her food. Even the most formidable of Saiyans are beset before a destroyer of this calibre..."

Examining the planet below, it seemed inescapable. Even if the Royal sisters accepted nothing as impossible before their might, there it was; strike one limb from the avatar, She would not be deprived from the source of her power. It would be like lashing at the air to wound the sky.

The silence on the bridge was broken by the sound of strangely hollow, yet heavily trodden footsteps, followed by the snap of a tail and a throaty seething.

"...you mean to tell me we've returned to this hermit empire on the fringes for the sake of simians who've rushed headlong into a battle they cannot win."

Koorimaru's black lips pressed into a twisted smile, but by the rising vein at his temple it was plain to see his barb was not entirely out of contempt.

"Well now, look at this. I bring you the husk of a god and you deliver it to the waiting hand of Sakin. I may have overestimated our chances, hah!"

Ochazuke, seated in meditation as he funneled the ships energies to guide the Gotengo, visibly twitched, and a pulse radiated through its superstructure.

"Perhaps it shouldn't surprise me that one who had been touched by the Remnant to consider all else below the realm of gods below his station."

The smile spread, stretched to a sneer upon Koorimaru's dark face.

"I've beheld the beginning of the end of the universe through the eyes of the ones to lift their hand toward it. I've reached beyond the pale to conquer death-"

"-and yet you are all but determined to see what you wish. This battlefield we have shaped already."

Addressing Caliban once more, Ochazuke continued.

"The demonic host She summons, are these, too, part of her?"

And then to Held and Etrina, he spoke again.

"It's been a year since we were here last, but the runework has been etched into the crust of the planet itself. Can you reactivate its spell?"
    Nah, boyo, those are actual demons. Her power connects the Demon Realm to this one. So long as the storm rages, the portals can remain open. The only question is how many demons she can summon.

He grunts and stands from the chair he had summoned, popping his back.

I’m a fair hand at magic, boyo. I can feel it pulsing in this planet. What’cha got planned, how can I help?

He pauses, than asks in a gentler tone.

I can distract the filthy trash gutter snipe that she is, if needs be. She and I, we have old beef boyo. Ya need time, I can let her know I’m here. Guarantee she’ll a’come runnin’ fer me.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Paraxt uses her bio electromangokinieses to unsheathe her sword and makes it float beside her. Then infuses her limbs and her sword with her own electromagnetic energy. "Ready," Paraxt said.
    Jack nods and prepares his own power.

“We wait fer Ochazuke’s go.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Jack nods and prepares his own power.

“We wait fer Ochazuke’s go.”
    " Right," Praxat said.