Astonishing Member

Default Aku vs. Other Magic Weapons

Taking off from Arbiter's Aku thread - what over magic, mystical weapons take down Aku?

Not looking for planet busters, but ones carried by the hero or antihero and used in fights. Has to be a weapon, not a spell envoker, Some possibilities:

1. Elric and Stormbringer
    2. Marvel Thor and classic Mjolnir
    3. Alan Scott's Power Ring

There are lots of strong weapons in other anime that one could dig up. The Shield Hero folks, Seven Deadly Sin folks.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Alan Scott's power ring isn't the equivalent of a spell invocation device?

Anyway.

Stormbringer/Mournblade certainly can do the trick, given they consume souls and manage to consume the souls of the Lords of Chaos in the Elric series.

Dragnipur (Book of the Malazan Fallen) does much the same, given it has insta-killed and sealed away shapeshifting gods capable of razing entire continents (or in that range).

Changeling, while strictly speaking more magi-tech than magic, fits the bill here as well. Aku does have a physical body, Aku gets 'hit' with Changeling, Aku is now gone forever, having become potential that cannot ever manifest in the universe again.

There are numerous Morganti weapons - the Great Weapons - in Steven Brust's Jhereg series that can probably manage it, given the power levels of the stuff they have killed by - again - stealing the souls.

The other magical swords I can think about off-hand would be Grayswandir and Werewindle, but honestly, when used by someone who understands them we're getting into the planet-busting range, so they're out.

Ooo, technically Loric's Krill, if used by a White Gold wielder. Technically, because while White Gold is in the planet-busting range (or worse), the Krill allows for the safe use of it, limiting and containing its power while becoming rather powerful itself. So, there's another magic weapon that can pull it off, wielder dependent.

Pretty sure there are any number of named weapons in the Anima RPG that do just fine against Aku, especially Soul Weapons.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Taking off from Arbiter's Aku thread - what over magic, mystical weapons take down Aku?
    I've got a Masamune and Yoshitsuna that say they want a go.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    The other magical swords I can think about off-hand would be Grayswandir and Werewindle, but honestly, when used by someone who understands them we're getting into the planet-busting range, so they're out.
    Wait, WHAT? When did Corwin cleave a planet in half? I do not remember either of the swords doing much besides "being swords" in the two series.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Wait, WHAT? When did Corwin cleave a planet in half? I do not remember either of the swords doing much besides "being swords" in the two series.
    Both swords are Spikards. Merlin notes that if he used his Spikard to drag in all of the power to which it's connected, he'd likely be capable of destroying an entire world.

Edit: I wasn't fond of the direction Zelazny was going with this, to say the least, but that's where it was as of the short stories that ended the entire series.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

let's add more swords to this. So let's toss in Ryujin Jakka from Bleach, Kurikara from Blue Exorcist, Excalibur from the Fate series, Lostvayne from the Seven Deadly Sins, Venuzdona from Mistfit of Demon King Academy, Tessaiga from Inuyasha, and Jingke from Daily life of the Immortal King
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-30-2023 at 09:34 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Ryujin Jakka from Bleach
    Kurikara from Blue Exorcist
    These two definitely wouldn't do much to Aku. Ryujin Jakka is just the expression of Genryusaii's power and raw power isn't going to do much to Aku.

Kurikara can seal demons but it works by banishing them to Gehenna which is where they are originally from. Aku is akin to a higher demon from Ao no Exorcist, he's an expression of the concept of evil, the higher devils are kind of in that same vein but he doesn't have the weakness that being sent to Gehenna denies him a physical body and therefore a presence on earth.

Lostvayne from the Seven Deadly Sins
    Lostvayne kind of sucks even in the context of Nanatsu no Taizai, the only reason it works is because Meliodas has good synergy with it with Full Counter and Revenge Counter. The sword can't do anything to Aku because it hasn't got that much in the way of intrinsic power.

Tessaiga from Inuyasha
    The Tessaiga probably can't do much. It could dimension dump him with its final ability but I don't think it could kill him.

The Tensaiga on the other hand might have a better shot at hurting him it since it is a form of "anti-evil" sword.

Also, I think that one of the seven keys from the Keys To The Kingdom series when wielded by someone suitably competent could likely hurt Aku. If you have all seven, you are effectively God so that's a bit overkill.

Okay, every major weapon in Mistfit of Demon King Academy is ridiculously over power.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Lostvayne kind of sucks even in the context of Nanatsu no Taizai, the only reason it works is because Meliodas has good synergy with it with Full Counter and Revenge Counter. The sword can't do anything to Aku because it hasn't got that much in the way of intrinsic power.
    Yeah, I don't think there's any specific weapon in Nanatsu No Taizai can do much against Aku. But there are certain abilities that should work I think. Elizabeth might be the best general option along with Sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yeah, I don't think there's any specific weapon in Nanatsu No Taizai can do much against Aku. But there are certain abilities that should work I think. Elizabeth might be the best general option along with Sunshine.
    Yeah, a high level member of the Goddess Clan should be able to damage him. Repeated uses of Purge and so on.

Not sure they could put him down though, Aku is more akin to something like the Demon King so it would take some doing.

I would imagine the Master Sword would be effective
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Hmm I wonder if the dagger trevor used against Death in thr castlevania netflix series would work on Aku?
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Hmm I wonder if the dagger trevor used against Death in thr castlevania netflix series would work on Aku?
    It's a non-specific "god killing superweapon," with precisely one feat of killing (or banishing? It has been a while since i saw the finale) Death who Trevor described as an "overgrown leech" rather than a cosmic being. I don't think he'd like it, would probably hurt him?

That said, I think Aku is considerably more powerful than Netflix Castlevania Death so... unclear.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    These two definitely wouldn't do much to Aku. Ryujin Jakka is just the expression of Genryusaii's power and raw power isn't going to do much to Aku.
    I think Ryujin Jakka might be able to do it. Aku can be damaged by non-holy weapons, the damage just doesn't matter because he can he'll from it. (There are beings who can kick his ass even without access to the sword)

Can Aku tank the kind of damage with Ryujin Jakka's Bankai can dish out?