Page 43 of 137 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "....Lots of targets that shoot back." Koorimaru would feel a tap against his back as something solid pressed against it, followed by Etrinas calculated voice. "Funny thing about shooting first in a room expecting to be shot....the first shot is predictable, the retaliation not so much."

Etrina delivers a barely noticeable tap with the end of her staff to the Arcosians back and then proceeded to step past him into the kitchen. "...I can assure you, the one who shoots first here and damages my dear Zaofans Kitchen is going to wish they hadn't..."

Having stepped past him the mage accelerated her walking into she had crossed then room and swung herself, rather uncharacteristically, around to Zaofan side and planted a kiss on his cheek. "Sorry for keeping you waiting....I was doing some renovations in one of the other rooms and didn't get your call."
    He stiffens as she taps him, eyes tracking her.

“Mage.”

He says it with grudging respect.

“You managed to by-pass my Third Eye senses. How?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat takes out two capsules from her GP uniform's right pocket." Is there anything I can do to help? I have a handy supply of cleaning equipment and an excellent non-toxic adhesive that would be great for fixing kitchen utensils on hand," Praxat said.

Praxat then points at Koorimaru, Charco, and Dash to acknowledge their presence.
    “Maybe later. Thank you, Praxat.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Okay, casually stopping his attack was not what he expected. He was probably way in over his head here, but he still had a few more tricks up his sleeves.

The... flirting (?) he could do without. Not that 'I'll kill you last' was flirting by most standards, but the way she said it...!

Setting that aside, Totoma prepared to amp himself up using the Full Boar technique, when...

SWS's hands suddenly bound themselves behind her back. He had no idea why, but it didn't seem to be a trick, so...

"Full Boar!" yelled the Just Saiyan, his aura, relatively calm before, bursting into a green flame that spread almost instantly to engulf the, er, boar. Spreading his arms, the flaming boar exploded, half of the attack compressing itself into each of his hands. Smashing his hands together, he pushed the two raging spheres of energy together until they fused into a barely-contained and controlled attack. He held it at his side in what anyone who had fought with him would recognize as the signature stance of the Kamehameha. His aura flared...

"x10 Full Boar Kamehameha!" he intoned, throwing his hands forward at SWS at nearly point blank range, the compressed Inoshishiken-turned-Kamehameha exploding into a torrent of raw power just as she smirked at him.

God or not, nothing would escape unscathed from a kamehameha like this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    As the attack fades, the smoke clears, and SWS stands there. Her skin was gone, her clothes, gone. Her Ki binders, blown apart. What stands before Totoma is a skinless horror, but the teeth and eyes gleam even as the muscles almost….squirm and glisten in the light.

“Oh, my. That was….amazing. Well done for a mortal.” She says, voice scratching and raw sounding.

In an instant her skin regrows and covers the demoness, her nudity giving her no pause as she cups her free hands at her side.

“Ka………….”

Her voice intones in its sultry overlays, eyes flickering as shadows gather in her hands. Her tail sneaks out and wraps around Totoma’s chest and arms, pinning them to his sides.

“…..me…….”
    Sarada grinned as Totoma's attack did massive damage on SWS, skinning her alive and reducing her to nothing more than a grotesque meat-statue. His new form was powerful, that much no one could deny. Before any thoughts or hopes of them actually winning on their own could even form in her head, much less take root, her skin regrew in a near instant. "What the hell?" Alright, along with being massively stronger, she could also heal rapidly.

That was bad. Things were getting bad and the fight had only just started. What the hell was taking everyone else so long?! Tch. The fights on Earth and at GP HQ must have taken longer than I thought they would. Damn it!

But, Totoma showed she could be hurt and that was encouraging at least. Things hadn't completely gone SWS' way just yet. If they could focus their powers together, then maybe they could actually do something substantial that could stick. She gathered more ambient ki from her fog and...

"What?" She narrowed her eyes and watched the GoD cup her hands together and begin the Kamehameha. How does she know that? Unless she knew it before hand, which Sarada doubted, she must have copied it from when Totoma did it against her mere seconds ago. Meaning she could copy their attacks. That... that was bad. Things were getting worse by the second.

"Damn it!" She took the ambient ki she gathered and formed a crimson scythe. She descended with haste and swung the scythe down on the tail that had him pinned in place.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“Maybe later. Thank you, Praxat.”
    " I was offering to clean this kitchen, but if you don't want me to right now, that's okay. Thought it was the least I could do for all of Zaofan's wonderful meals. Since Sasheem already did most of the work, I guess you don't want me to waste my time cleaning smears off the floor," Praxat said.

Praxat puts the capsules back in her uniform's right pocket." Anyways, for the record, I have already tidied up other parts of the Lookout," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada grinned as Totoma's attack did massive damage on SWS, skinning her alive and reducing her to nothing more than a grotesque meat-statue. His new form was powerful, that much no one could deny. Before any thoughts or hopes of them actually winning on their own could even form in her head, much less take root, her skin regrew in a near instant. "What the hell?" Alright, along with being massively stronger, she could also heal rapidly.

That was bad. Things were getting bad and the fight had only just started. What the hell was taking everyone else so long?! Tch. The fights on Earth and at GP HQ must have taken longer than I thought they would. Damn it!

But, Totoma showed she could be hurt and that was encouraging at least. Things hadn't completely gone SWS' way just yet. If they could focus their powers together, then maybe they could actually do something substantial that could stick. She gathered more ambient ki from her fog and...

"What?" She narrowed her eyes and watched the GoD cup her hands together and begin the Kamehameha. How does she know that? Unless she knew it before hand, which Sarada doubted, she must have copied it from when Totoma did it against her mere seconds ago. Meaning she could copy their attacks. That... that was bad. Things were getting worse by the second.

"Damn it!" She took the ambient ki she gathered and formed a crimson scythe. She descended with haste and swung the scythe down on the tail that had him pinned in place.
    SWS jerks back with preternatural speed, moving Totoma in the way of the scythe instead of her tail.

“…ha….”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " I was offering to clean this kitchen, but if you don't want me to right now, that's okay. Thought it was the least I could do for all of Zaofan's wonderful meals. Since Sasheem already did most of the work, I guess you don't want me to waste my time cleaning smears off the floor," Praxat said.

Praxat puts the capsules back in her uniform's right pocket." Anyways, for the record, I have already tidied up other parts of the Lookout," Praxat said.
    She nods.

“I appreciate it.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

As the attack fades, the smoke clears, and SWS stands there. Her skin was gone, her clothes, gone. Her Ki binders, blown apart. What stands before Totoma is a skinless horror, but the teeth and eyes gleam even as the muscles almost….squirm and glisten in the light.

“Oh, my. That was….amazing. Well done for a mortal.” She says, voice scratching and raw sounding.

In an instant her skin regrows and covers the demoness, her nudity giving her no pause as she cups her free hands at her side.

“Ka………….”

Her voice intones in its sultry overlays, eyes flickering as shadows gather in her hands. Her tail sneaks out and wraps around Totoma’s chest and arms, pinning them to his sides.

“…..me…….”
    SWS jerks back with preternatural speed, moving Totoma in the way of the scythe instead of her tail.

“…ha….”
    His attack did have an effect... blew away her clothes and her skin, leaving some sort of horrid skinless monster. Much less appealing than the horrid... skinful (?) monster. Even got a compliment out of it, too! Heh, this new form was awesome!

His elation was short-lived, when SWS not only regrew her skin, but drew her hands back in...

Oh come on, she was talented enough to copy an attack she'd seen onc--twice? Totoma began flowing into a dodge, but soon found himself ensnared in her tail. Huh, well... that wasn't good. Okay, time for the...

A distinct pressure approached from above, and Totoma's gaze shot upwards. And then he was jerked into the path of...

Oh no no no no. He wasn't getting Charco'd by Sarada's new and totally awesome scythe technique!

With the quickest and mightiest effort of will he'd ever displayed, Totoma focused his power into a Void Tunnel directly in the path of the ki scythe's blade. The exit was haphazardly opened next to SWS, so hopefully she would get scythe'd instead.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    Eva nods.

“I understand completely. Well said, Zaofan.”
    Slowly, the dour current about his disposition began to thaw.

"I imagine that you know that better than anybody else," he said, "in a way, where we're at, it's all thanks to you."

Thumbing his nose, he shrugged his shoulders. "Now it's our turn."

After Zaofan stops talking, Koorimaru looks at him with his intense eyes, tail swishing behind him.

“I am…nervous, Zaofan. I am nervous that Remnant will find me again, I am nervous that all but one Saiyan isn’t here but instead waging war on far flung worlds, battles against gods that they cannot likely win against without backup.”

He narrows his eyes.

“Think me low all you like, think me coward or traitor or fool, but I am here, now, asking for help and willing to help. I would prefer Ochazuke be here because unlike most, he sees to the heart of the matter and always seems to know how best to leverage a strike.”
    That was it, huh? Throughout the first year, that rioutous two weeks he'd gotten to know him, Koorimaru was always genteel, ever aloof, and garried himself with a certain uncanny grace. He and Ochazuke'd gone at it a few times, but there was something about the measured air about him. It was as if he'd held something behind that smirk, like he was in control of everything at all times and only had to left a finger for one of those Death Beams and that would be the end of it.

Whatever'd happened to him had changed that confidence entirely. Whoa. This is serious.

"They can't win without backup? And?" Zaofan replied, "So...we back them up. All the same, we've only got one shot at this, so we'll need everyone."

“Cheh, I prefer the term surviving, woman. I always survive.”
    "...sure, pal." Zaofan said, lowering his gaze and rubbing the back of his head for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "....Lots of targets that shoot back." Koorimaru would feel a tap against his back as something solid pressed against it, followed by Etrinas calculated voice. "Funny thing about shooting first in a room expecting to be shot....the first shot is predictable, the retaliation not so much."

Etrina delivers a barely noticeable tap with the end of her staff to the Arcosians back and then proceeded to step past him into the kitchen. "...I can assure you, the one who shoots first here and damages my dear Zaofans Kitchen is going to wish they hadn't..."

Having stepped past him the mage accelerated her walking into she had crossed then room and swung herself, rather uncharacteristically, around to Zaofan side and planted a kiss on his cheek. "Sorry for keeping you waiting....I was doing some renovations in one of the other rooms and didn't get your call."
    He stiffens as she taps him, eyes tracking her.

“Mage.”

He says it with grudging respect.

“You managed to by-pass my Third Eye senses. How?”
    The air upon the lookout seemed to defy the season, for time seemed to stand still. with it came with a measured bravado as Zaofan returned the kiss with a gentle nuzzle on the forehead, and for a moment his cheeks flushed as scarlet as his signature.

"Isn't it obvious? It's because she's amazing," he simpered, cradling his arms around her. Ah, like summertime milkweeds...duh-huh-huh...

For a second his expression slipped, absolutely smitten by the sunny ways she always seemed to bring with her.

"Amazing...but not always handy. Renovations? Darling, what've you really been working on?"

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    When Evangeline approached with the meagre portion she could spare, Zaofan looked over the contents. The last strands of saffron clung to the cork of the vial, a knob white truffle sealed in another. Bits of fleur de sel set themselves like snowflakes, stilled from their humble origins risen and gathered by hand from the surfaces of shallow mineral pools to a suspended moment behind the glass - the moment they got free, they would dissolve instantly as a garnish.

Zaofan dabbed the corners of his eyes and reached for them shakily, then hesitated. Taking her hand, he slowly, but firmly, closed the case once again.

"Thank you, but it's not about me. It's...this place, and this kitchen...," he stammered, his tone subdued, yet the way he struggled to find the words was very much unlike him.

"...when we first came to the Lookout five years ago, you remember. There wasn't much here. Nobody expected much of this place, and if it weren't for the promise of getting stronger under your guidance or the promises made...well, there was an enemy to fight then, right? For a lot of us it wasn't even personal so there was even less reason to stay."

With a sniffle, he dabbed his face in his sleeve before he continued.

"You've given a lot of yourself for this world, Eva. Until very recently, you've been playing it very close, and with every crisis, that's a fresh opportunity for a test. And when that was done with, it feels like Earth was just a stop in the road onto a higher plateau to leave behind. It's different for us, this is home. But through it all, we've made a lot of good friends and comrades, haven't we? Can't just spend all that time training l so I started cooking again, and..."

The derelict kitchen spoke louder than any of Zaofan's words could.

"...that wasn't just to pass the time. I wanted to give everyone...a-a reason to come back."

Auroc took that from him. Wounds close, bruises heal.

This had hurt him.

"...you're right, Sasheem."

Shakily, he stood up, and his balance was wobbly.

"Things are bad, but thanks to all of us, we pulled through. Other worlds, they may not be so fortunate. Everything they've built up, instantly, could've been turned over old enemies, or things from other universes scheming to take what they desire..."

Though his eyes were dull and glassy, Zaofan's tone hardened.

"It's kind of funny, but over all these years, every enemy we've encountered thought they had it all figured out. If they can threaten something with annihilation, they could control it, absolutely, force it to be what they want it to be. One thing's for sure, though. Until we do something about Sakin, this is not going to stop."

"...when we get to the other side of this, there'll be plenty of dishes to be done," Zaofan smiled uneasily, but his hands, folded into his pockets, hadn't stopped shaking. "But Auroc...he's already gone back to a place nobody here should follow."

Even with the knowledge that this would have been, effectively, the Proto-Majin's last meal, there was an ache that lingered he hadn't felt since the aftermath of his long journey to Baradur. The time they'd lost, the moments he let slip by, a piece of that would be lost forever.

"Face it, for a creature that came straight out of HFIL, there's nothing more we can do to him, because already he has nothing left to lose."

Slowly, Zaofan turned towards the sickly, pale-yellow, freshly resurrected elephant in the room. The strange, echoing pulse in each of Koorimaru's footfalls as he stepped forward put him on edge before, but here, in his shattered sanctum gastronome...

...that was it, he'd never seen him in the kitchen before. Why, he'd never so much as seen the guy eat a morsel, much less willingly move this close to the group at large. Even so, for him, this was offputting. Strange times indeed.

Old habits, however, seemed to linger, as the air grew thick with animosity. The blood feud between Saiyans and Arcosians was not lost on Tasure, while Koorimaru himself spoke of his martial brother.

"It'd be easy enough for you to find out if you didn't discard your communicator, along with the rest of us," Zaofan replied.

Sniffing sharply, his mind snapped to focus. Though he hadn't much more than his experiences to draw upon, the chef had not been idle in his training over the last year; acquiring his fighting skills through sheer guts and hard work, reading Koorimaru's body language, that turn in his expression, he understood immediately there was something lingering under the surface, and with it a subtle revelation.

When the enemy contracts, I expand.

"He said he'll be here, so he'll be here. Unlike you, showing up out of the blue, he has a world to save. When the Universe needs someone to fight for it, he's always stepped up, and moving forward without abandoning anyone, that takes time. What did you do? Last I heard from Inanna and Parsley, you were the one with the target on the back of your head."

His hands slowly unfurled from his pockets, and a hint of the depths of his ki reserves began to coalesce; like most of the Earthling defense, he'd only gotten started and hadn't even begun to exert himself.

"...you want me to call him for you, you'd better stop beating around the bush."
    “Cheh, I prefer the term surviving, woman. I always survive.”
    "Tch."

That could be fixed... but right now, he might be useful. Tasure leaned against the wall, crossing her arms.

The Arcosian seemed obsessed with that human Ochazuke to a disturbing degree. Wanting a powerful and skilled warrior on your side was only natural, but this... it was as if he were simply disregarding everyone except her fellow saiyans and Ochazuke. Though, she supposed most Arcosians disregarded the abilities of everyone but their own kind, so perhaps that counted as a half-assed sort of progress?

Tch. Well, there wasn't much she could say or do except try to ignore her hunger pangs and recover her stamina as much as she could.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    When Parsley arrived, it was P-Sta who gave the update she had been looking for. Several officers were injured, but no casualties. Most of them had been dispatched to give much needed aid to different worlds who may have been overrun by any lingering denizens of Otherworld or creatures from beyond their universe. That, she assumed, included Enoki, whom she couldn't feel at the base. "Good," she said simply.

"My suggestion was also to convene with those on Earth, so we're of the same mind. We also need to head to Reshlan to help Sarada and Nevanlinna." She received the telepathic message the latter sent, along with that warning that there was a God of Destruction there. A harrowing situation that she wasn't willing to let only two or three people suffer through for very long. She Who Stalks was not someone to take lightly.

She turned around and headed for her ship. "Let's go. We don't have any time to waste."
    P-Sta nodded. "Indeed!" he headed back towards the control room with his siblings, each already prepping coordinates for Earth. "Now our base wasn't exactly mobile before...but now that it's taken the form of the Chief, perhaps it is able to-" P-Sta began, and as soon as the button was pressed by P-Cee, and massive canon of exhaust erupted from Durive's mouth as the giant base/box rocketed backward towards its destination without much in the way of warning.

"Okay...first thing's first...." P-Sta struggled to say as he braced himself. "See if we can locate the brakes."

"This is Katchin Squad Member X-Bo, attempting to contact the Gotengo," X-Bo spoke, attempting to establish communications. "We just fended off an attack on the GP base and hope to rendezvous with your forces as soon as possible."

"Also, it should be noted that we have...unusual transportation," N-Ten added.

"Just be on the lookout for a giant box with dropship-sized chopstick limbs," X-Bo noted.

"Nice job. More allies is good right about now," Avoca responded. She didn't know how trustworthy anyone willing to attack the GP in the first place really was, but she did know they weren't in any position to turn away anyone who at least claimed they were willing to help. If nothing else, they would serve as a bunch of warm bodies to throw at any cannon fodder Alakazah or Sakin may have had.

As for the Saiyans, she answered, "As far as I know, we survived well enough. Tundra's forces were convinced to turn back by Ochazuke's speech earlier. I and Parsley were attacked by a God of Destruction. She almost killed us and managed to make off with our daughter." She frowned, a mixture of anger at herself and distraught sadness. "Sakin has our daughter." Parsley was barely keeping it together, meaning Avoca had to be strong enough for the both of them. It wasn't the first time she had been in that position, but the last time hadn't been nearly as dire as the time they currently found themselves. The adrenaline from battle helped, but those only lasted for so long. Once they were over, reality forcibly reminded them of what they were missing.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Parsley firing up the ship. She sighed and turned to board, and gestured for Blizzar to follow. Not that he would need any. "I assume you were told about the visions Earth's dragon showed them a few months ago?"
    "My...condolences," Blizzar offered, unsure of what else to say as he followed along. "You'd think adversaries of such a scale wouldn't resort to making things so personal. Alas, circumstances have assured that will never be the case. But worry not, you'll get your daughter back. What I say is not merely to calm your nerves or assure you, but a simple truth. One the Saiyans and the M Fighters promote more than any other. 'No matter how hard they hit us, we'll hit back harder.' And as a collective universe, I'd say Sakin's packed quite the punch. But our counterattack begins now."

How odd it was, Blizzar couldn't help but think. To see an Arcosian empathize with a Saiyan. Then again, Sarada had turned relations between their two races on its head...and perhaps for the better. Not that Blizzar truly cared for such deep-seated rivalries, anyway. Whichever provided the most safety and profit was often who he sided with in the past. But now both safety and profit were torn asunder after being trampled on, again and again, it was high time every combatant in the galaxy with any sort of sense laid all the chips down and show Sakin he was playing a losing game.

His attack did have an effect... blew away her clothes and her skin, leaving some sort of horrid skinless monster. Much less appealing than the horrid... skinful (?) monster. Even got a compliment out of it, too! Heh, this new form was awesome!

His elation was short-lived, when SWS not only regrew her skin, but drew her hands back in...

Oh come on, she was talented enough to copy an attack she'd seen onc--twice? Totoma began flowing into a dodge, but soon found himself ensnared in her tail. Huh, well... that wasn't good. Okay, time for the...

A distinct pressure approached from above, and Totoma's gaze shot upwards. And then he was jerked into the path of...

Oh no no no no. He wasn't getting Charco'd by Sarada's new and totally awesome scythe technique!

With the quickest and mightiest effort of will he'd ever displayed, Totoma focused his power into a Void Tunnel directly in the path of the ki scythe's blade. The exit was haphazardly opened next to SWS, so hopefully she would get scythe'd instead.
    The scythe goes into the tunnel.

“…me…..”

The scythe reappears and cuts SWS’s head clean off. As it bounces off the ground, its mouth opens and a single word hisses out.

“….ha!”

The still standing nude body throws the hands forward into Totoma, and the black power there strikes him in the chest. It’s small and barely an attack at all. It….tingles, but instead of being blasted back the shadows starts spreading over his chest like a sheettoroma starts to feel…..horrifically cold and numb as this shadow leech starts spreading over his entire confined body.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Slowly, the dour current about his disposition began to thaw.

"I imagine that you know that better than anybody else," he said, "in a way, where we're at, it's all thanks to you."

Thumbing his nose, he shrugged his shoulders. "Now it's our turn."

That was it, huh? Throughout the first year, that rioutous two weeks he'd gotten to know him, Koorimaru was always genteel, ever aloof, and garried himself with a certain uncanny grace. He and Ochazuke'd gone at it a few times, but there was something about the measured air about him. It was as if he'd held something behind that smirk, like he was in control of everything at all times and only had to left a finger for one of those Death Beams and that would be the end of it.

Whatever'd happened to him had changed that confidence entirely. Whoa. This is serious.

"They can't win without backup? And?" Zaofan replied, "So...we back them up. All the same, we've only got one shot at this, so we'll need everyone."

"...sure, pal." Zaofan said, lowering his gaze and rubbing the back of his head for a moment.

The air upon the lookout seemed to defy the season, for time seemed to stand still. with it came with a measured bravado as Zaofan returned the kiss with a gentle nuzzle on the forehead, and for a moment his cheeks flushed as scarlet as his signature.

"Isn't it obvious? It's because she's amazing," he simpered, cradling his arms around her. Ah, like summertime milkweeds...duh-huh-huh...

For a second his expression slipped, absolutely smitten by the sunny ways she always seemed to bring with her.

"Amazing...but not always handy. Renovations? Darling, what've you really been working on?"
    Korrimaru’s eye twitches a bit, while Eva smiles at the sight. He grinds out the next few words.

“Yes…amazing.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

When Evangeline approached with the meagre portion she could spare, Zaofan looked over the contents. The last strands of saffron clung to the cork of the vial, a knob white truffle sealed in another. Bits of fleur de sel set themselves like snowflakes, stilled from their humble origins risen and gathered by hand from the surfaces of shallow mineral pools to a suspended moment behind the glass - the moment they got free, they would dissolve instantly as a garnish.

Zaofan dabbed the corners of his eyes and reached for them shakily, then hesitated. Taking her hand, he slowly, but firmly, closed the case once again.

"Thank you, but it's not about me. It's...this place, and this kitchen...," he stammered, his tone subdued, yet the way he struggled to find the words was very much unlike him.

"...when we first came to the Lookout five years ago, you remember. There wasn't much here. Nobody expected much of this place, and if it weren't for the promise of getting stronger under your guidance or the promises made...well, there was an enemy to fight then, right? For a lot of us it wasn't even personal so there was even less reason to stay."

With a sniffle, he dabbed his face in his sleeve before he continued.

"You've given a lot of yourself for this world, Eva. Until very recently, you've been playing it very close, and with every crisis, that's a fresh opportunity for a test. And when that was done with, it feels like Earth was just a stop in the road onto a higher plateau to leave behind. It's different for us, this is home. But through it all, we've made a lot of good friends and comrades, haven't we? Can't just spend all that time training l so I started cooking again, and..."

The derelict kitchen spoke louder than any of Zaofan's words could.

"...that wasn't just to pass the time. I wanted to give everyone...a-a reason to come back."

Auroc took that from him. Wounds close, bruises heal.

This had hurt him.

"...you're right, Sasheem."

Shakily, he stood up, and his balance was wobbly.

"Things are bad, but thanks to all of us, we pulled through. Other worlds, they may not be so fortunate. Everything they've built up, instantly, could've been turned over old enemies, or things from other universes scheming to take what they desire..."

Though his eyes were dull and glassy, Zaofan's tone hardened.

"It's kind of funny, but over all these years, every enemy we've encountered thought they had it all figured out. If they can threaten something with annihilation, they could control it, absolutely, force it to be what they want it to be. One thing's for sure, though. Until we do something about Sakin, this is not going to stop."
    "**** really has gone sideways when we're all on the same page," Sasheem agreed. "Sasheem's gonna gather up his people real quick for the big group huddle soon. Gonna guess permafrown'll have a lot to say. ...Or just scoff. Shaved ice over here'll be ecstatic to find out he's barely changed since they last threw hands." Sasheem added, greeting Koorimaru with a small wave that quickly shifted into a middle finger...in a friendly sort of way, one could suppose.

And with that brief greeting out of the way, Sasheem took off for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "**** really has gone sideways when we're all on the same page," Sasheem agreed. "Sasheem's gonna gather up his people real quick for the big group huddle soon. Gonna guess permafrown'll have a lot to say. ...Or just scoff. Shaved ice over here'll be ecstatic to find out he's barely changed since they last threw hands." Sasheem added, greeting Koorimaru with a small wave that quickly shifted into a middle finger...in a friendly sort of way, one could suppose.

And with that brief greeting out of the way, Sasheem took off for a second.
    His tail thumps against the ground, eye twitching a bit more as he watches Sasheem.

“Of all the rude, basic……” he falls off into a string of hissing Arcosian words.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The scythe goes into the tunnel.

“…me…..”

The scythe reappears and cuts SWS’s head clean off. As it bounces off the ground, its mouth opens and a single word hisses out.

“….ha!”

The still standing nude body throws the hands forward into Totoma, and the black power there strikes him in the chest. It’s small and barely an attack at all. It….tingles, but instead of being blasted back the shadows starts spreading over his chest like a sheettoroma starts to feel…..horrifically cold and numb as this shadow leech starts spreading over his entire confined body.
    A lot of **** happened nearly at the same time.

SWS moved her tail so that Totoma would be cleaved into by her energy scythe.

Totoma opened a Void Tunnel so that Sarada's scythe would cut into SWS instead. Exactly that happened and off came her head. Naturally, it had zero effect whatsoever and she still completed her perverted, demented Kamehameha, infecting him with some kind of sickly slime. It spread across his chest first and was steadily creeping across his entire body.

Sarada stood stock still for a brief second. Her eyes darted from SWS' body to her severed head to Totoma, then back to the severed head. There, at least for the moment, wasn't anything she could think to do for Totoma, at least not without looking at what was happening more closely. Instead, she pulled an empty capsule and tried to capture the severed head inside. If nothing else, that would at least keep her from giving her body any more orders.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!