Page 86 of 137 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2041
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Cheh. Then do what you will, Efrideet," Ochazuke said, "That is all I ask."

Though all occasions had in their sudden ignition brought them together, the fact remained that these warriors were gathered here today because they wanted to be. Reshlan had been a turning point, in many ways, and whether under unfamiliar stars, through the broken paths left to them with all manners of powers scheming to their doom, the peoples of the known universe had reached a certain level of camaraderie for one another that went beyond a fear of a shared fate.

Who are we to demand intervention from one who has no part of it?

Ochazuke loosened his grip; the hammer in his hand faded. His sense sublime surveyed Jormunganr as he stared into his dead, ruined face. With the powers of everything, were you, too, accountable to nothing, free to bring calamity as your brother had 'till your story came to an end?

Whatever advantage he sought by examining the majestic corpus of this ancient thing smote to death by its silent wounds, it would not cause any conflict within him at this time...whether he would find anything or not, for Ochazuke focus fell to what he and his comrades could do here, now.

"It would be futile to demand anything from you, Efrideet, after all that had befallen your past lives," he said, "rather, I offer you a place at our side to bear witness."

Moving from the side of the Dragon, Ochazuke departed for the Gotengo. The time afforded to the BGS nanite matrix had worked into raising its capacity for flight, but the damage rent from Hakai was not so easily undone. The Wave Motion Engine roared to life, the suspensor fields balanced themselves, and the inertial dampeners fixed its position, hovering is bulk above the ground at a fixed distance, wounded yet undaunted.
    There is a faint spark of…..something. Potential, perhaps, still remaining in the bones and flesh of the preserved dragon.

That’s it though.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "Then tell me what other way is there for me to transcend? My ancestor Disdemona is the only Toadian I know of that transcended based on her travelogues unless there were other Toadians who have transcend. Of course, no way for me to know about that now, The Gumarkaiumo Library is gone with Qaceria being destroyed and all," Praxat said.

That library had books containing, everything from my race, Killrog's race, the Replitas, to history on Qaceria's first race the Newtarians. A race I don't know jack **** about, cause I never spent time in the Gumarkaiumo Library. All that information is gone now unless Althena gave you copies of the books that were in Gumarkaioui Library? " Praxat said.

Oh, when I was on Amperior I saw this ruin, it looked like a temple, kind of a place where a Guardian might have lived. there was writing on it the part which translate as sky and water. So my guess was this temple went underwater but also extend to the sky on Amperior," Praxat said.

" Meaning in the past on Amperior such a temple had to be a massive structure. In fact, I'm sure a Guardian did indeed once live on Amperior and I'm positive Sakin took them out. I'm also positive that Sakin is responsible for a minor apocalyptic event that happen on that planet Amperior many decades ago. An event that would have happened before most of us here were even born. Just saying most of us here wouldn't have been alive fifty years ago," Praxat said.
    “Unfortunately, until we can restore the planets, the secret to your transcending will be delayed. I’m sorry Praxat, but once we win I promise I’ll help you.” Eva says.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Cheh. Then do what you will, Efrideet," Ochazuke said, "That is all I ask."

Though all occasions had in their sudden ignition brought them together, the fact remained that these warriors were gathered here today because they wanted to be. Reshlan had been a turning point, in many ways, and whether under unfamiliar stars, through the broken paths left to them with all manners of powers scheming to their doom, the peoples of the known universe had reached a certain level of camaraderie for one another that went beyond a fear of a shared fate.

Who are we to demand intervention from one who has no part of it?

Ochazuke loosened his grip; the hammer in his hand faded. His sense sublime surveyed Jormunganr as he stared into his dead, ruined face. With the powers of everything, were you, too, accountable to nothing, free to bring calamity as your brother had 'till your story came to an end?

Whatever advantage he sought by examining the majestic corpus of this ancient thing smote to death by its silent wounds, it would not cause any conflict within him at this time...whether he would find anything or not, for Ochazuke focus fell to what he and his comrades could do here, now.

"It would be futile to demand anything from you, Efrideet, after all that had befallen your past lives," he said, "rather, I offer you a place at our side to bear witness."

Moving from the side of the Dragon, Ochazuke departed for the Gotengo. The time afforded to the BGS nanite matrix had worked into raising its capacity for flight, but the damage rent from Hakai was not so easily undone. The Wave Motion Engine roared to life, the suspensor fields balanced themselves, and the inertial dampeners fixed its position, hovering is bulk above the ground at a fixed distance, wounded yet undaunted.
    "I will bear witness, in a bid to determine my course." Efrideet muttered to herself, as Ochazuke walked off to tend to his spaceship.

Watching him work, there was some consideration given to mending the ship with a gesture, but it was short-lived: her lending aid however small could be seen as 'backing', and he would mend the ship on his own in time. So instead, she began to walk the length of Jormungandr's corpse. It was a curious wrinkle, the reason for its termination... and the manner by which such was achieved. Offered up freely, it was surprising that none present seemed to grasp the importance of it. Save for the pseudo-divinity, Koorimaru.

"...yes," Koorimaru blinked. "I was there when Sakin and Eldfen made their appearance, hmm-ah? To wit, I would presume we all remain abreast of the situation. I would not have absconded with the Goddess if I were not attempting to avert the outcome."

To the pit with these Monkeys.

"Nevertheless, he has your families, he knows you are coming, and that we have the Goddess. With what has happened just now, we are in agreement that there is no negotiation, and why would there be? Why, indeed, when all the pieces now converge towards him, and he has only to take them?"

Koorimaru continued to pace along the carcass of the dead dragon, studying its underbelly as he moved further past its ruined face.

"Some choices are quite easy to make, fu-fu-fu...especially when the other is rather staunchly opposed to hearing the contrary," he smirked. "Alas, perhaps Sakin may not have the victory of having your lot to act as his hand, but the Goblin and your sister have started a transaction of godly energies the like that has not been seen since Asha'rah and Inda'ren. All it took was a reservoir of Creation Energy and willing Saiyans. Bemusing that our first Destroyer may yet extract his revenge through his kindred..."

Koorimaru eyed the corpse as if there were some pattern beneath the wounds he could yet see before turning his attention back to Sarada.

"...if we allow him to. There is something within the Dark Moon I must account for, which draws our immediate path, to my trepidation, together as our goals intertwine."

"As always, you are prepared to fight. Mortal races, gods and monsters, a Saiyan will stand forth without distinction. One might consider that a natural gift, from a certain point of view. However, you are not prepared for what lays in wait upon the moon. Sakin's reach through the fissures between dimensions has been happening before they were struck open just now, and Cancer has been preparing her lair by his side an age or two since she escaped Lampton. You've seen her physical prowess, but a vampire's nest is where they are strongest. And in this proximity to the rogue angel, arcane spells are etched upon their surface with ancient magic in the perpetual darkness."

"But that is only the means to turn a vengeful guardian or a score into prey for her children, her new master. To set foot upon its surface is to instantly be hunted, and just as easily as we might sight the presence of ki, Cancer will prey upon the worst psychic impulses to distort the perception of the environs and lead interlopers astray. A maze of the mind, so to speak, for what you see and sense is not really there."
    "Yes... it will be a contest of more than simply physical might." Efrideet commented, as she came into view. "Which is why I am interested to see how they fare, it is one thing to kill a broken divinity after all; another thing entirely to fight one who has not been stripped of power, bound... and broken." Cancer would be a different beast, than She Who Stalks, or Inanna. Having time to turn that world into the 'nest' for her Coven; and not suffering from the limitations of a fractured mental state, or her power in general. What happened in the fight to come would be something to see. That said, she next turned her eyes to Koorimaru as he stared longingly at the latent energies within Jormungandr.

"One thing has remained consistent with you it seems, even if your body has not." Efrideet smiled and patted the corpse, the latent energy that saw to its demise coiling around her fingers briefly before returning to rest within its desiccated husk. "But have you glimpsed the meaning, beyond your scheming?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    There is a faint spark of…..something. Potential, perhaps, still remaining in the bones and flesh of the preserved dragon.

That’s it though.
    With dull scales fallen beneath the eyes forever stilled, it was with an equal measure awe and disgust with which Ochazuke beheld the dead dragon. Preserved in its condition, the death of this immortal being still carried within it something peculiar. Something compelling that drew him near as of he had only to reach out and seize it, but for the volatile and deathly airs that stretched the length of its great serpentine spine.

"So that is the matter from which miracles are conjured. All too common in the flesh, and yet the portion of True Magic which remains within it persists in its lingering condition. What wonders had Jormungandr rendered in his universe? Where are the unbound appetites of your kin now, held to your bonds of origin, summoned to service from artifacts, yearning to be free? How far had the passage of eternity taken you, if Night had set even upon your long years?"

What mysteries remained in this kin of Grinthorn may never again be realized, but for the possibilites now forever stilled?

Yet Ochazuke knew for certain, as he beheld this member of that faded race of Ancient Dragons, that he had been slain, and with its life, some connection to the origin of all things had been lost forever.

Eva nods and approaches.

“Yes?”
    For a moment, he'd considered raising the hammer one more, strike down and drag it through the ruin as if that would somehow be proof he could bear out the task of slaying the Eternal Dragon that had plagued his people for ages. Only by the weight of those who had pushed him forward to this point by the line of Zxu'ro had the intent been disciplined.

That is not our way.

"The Gotengo has been repaired and will grant us passage. Upon the Heka Flow, this will be the tip of the spear that moves against Sakin."

Ochazuke's broad shoulders rolled backward for a moment, then sagged as he sighed.

"Though the universe knows the way, they will not find it without the guidance upon the Cosmic Leyline...and it will take time to prepare it."

Drawing upon a capsule, is contents expanded, revealing the Control Halo of the Big Ghetti Star that had once been hers when the machine grafted her broken body to Guardianship a lifetime ago.

"Whilst I speed to my meditation in preparation for the excursion to the heart of the universe where the fiend dwells, I'll need you to steer the ship."

Retired Overlord

Seated there by the founatin with Etrina, silence took Zaofan, and though he was contented simply to relish the restoration and bask in the small satisfaction that she had arranged that they would indeed keep their promise, there was a faint urgency that kept his knee bobbing, his foot tapping, his mind racing. She had become one with Time itself; so why did he feel it was his last chance to do anything?

"Everything's gone by so fast in the last year, it's hard enough for us to just stop and catch our breath," he started, and the words dried up in his throat immediately, drowned out by the ambience of the fountain in the town square, ripples catching the clear sky above with rays dancing like thousands of diamonds.

"I don't know what's going to happen, or what I'm going to do. All I know is we can't keep going backward...but we can make the most of what we have now."

Unclipping the pin of the Royal Court of Reshlan from the remnants of the cape that symbolized his oath, and fishing the dust out of his pockets, Zaofan cupped his palms together. A small, contained alchemical explosion erupted between them as Pot au Feu condensed heat and pressure within his hands. Sharp, transparent smoke escaped between his fingers, and the dust from the reaction returned to the ground.

Then he got on one knee, and with a deep breath looked up to her face, the trailing blonde framing those studious eyes that now saw the flow of causality from all-when. Maybe it didn't surprise her at all as he unclasped his hands, revealing a white-gold ring set with a raw diamond.

"Etrina Stoltengarde, you've been the head of my table, the aperatif to my digestuf, the premiere inspiration. Every moment I spend with you is like experiencing a new flavour again and again like...finding a finish I never new was missing every time. Without a spell, without any magic, just you completing my plating, I know everything's as perfect as you wish; as I need..."

"But right now...will you make me the happiest man in the galaxy and ma"
    Time stopped.

Literally.

The words hung in the time-stilled air, barely audible to others but echoing like thunder to the Mage herself, Though one wouldn't guess from the lack of reaction. The time mage stood tall as she always did, a small smile gracing her lips, the gimmer of etherical energy trailing around her like a halo. Her eyes locked with Zaofans, a look of expectation filling his frozen gaze...

She was time afterall, a wide area time lock was but childsplay now...perhaps a bit straining given what she had just done, but she needed a moment to process without her future husband catching what came next.

Immediately the facade dropped and Etrina choked, liquid joy welling up over her vision. She spent several moments pacing back and forth, rubbing the torrent of tears from her eyes repeatedly why trying to get her emotions under control and presentable. Suddenly everything was out of place, her divine garments were way too white, her hair was out of place....how was it possible she was this unprepared for it.

It took some time, or none depending on their perspective, but finally Etrina returned to her starting position, gave her eyes one last wipe, took a deep breath and....

rry me?
    She immediately faltered, even after more then 30 min of prep. Her dignified response evaporated in the wind. "....yes.....yes of course I will...." Etrina reached down, took the ring and placed it on her finger. "...and its about time, you f..fool...." She turned her hand to show her newly anointed husband, and then in the blink of an eye she was kissing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "

She let the question hang. "Any obstacle can be overcome, and any amount of preparation can be undone if we work together. Buuuuut, we can't work together and have success if we don't know what's coming ahead of time. So, great job mentioning all of this before it was too late!"

"Your overconfidence is beyond reproach it seems...but perhaps your wit for assessment has gradually improved" Koorimaru replied, "All that remains is to take them by surprise before the spider closes her web..."

A smirk spread across his face.

"That is why you lot will follow me through a Void Tunnel into her lair."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Yes... it will be a contest of more than simply physical might." Efrideet commented, as she came into view. "Which is why I am interested to see how they fare, it is one thing to kill a broken divinity after all; another thing entirely to fight one who has not been stripped of power, bound... and broken." Cancer would be a different beast, than She Who Stalks, or Inanna. Having time to turn that world into the 'nest' for her Coven; and not suffering from the limitations of a fractured mental state, or her power in general. What happened in the fight to come would be something to see. That said, she next turned her eyes to Koorimaru as he stared longingly at the latent energies within Jormungandr.

"One thing has remained consistent with you it seems, even if your body has not." Efrideet smiled and patted the corpse, the latent energy that saw to its demise coiling around her fingers briefly before returning to rest within its desiccated husk. "But have you glimpsed the meaning, beyond your scheming?"
    At Efrideet's remark, though the smile remained cordially plastered upon his face, a pressure welled in his temples as veins raised there.

"All I want is my fair share. Piteously, it seems my ambitions had been short-sighted, for I'd been double-crossed in my bid for power. Now I find my debt...to Inda'ren...has been cancelled and I'd be free, a new man, so to speak."

His cold, lizardly gaze flashed at the reformed goddess. Reincarnation to a mortal existence had left its mark on him, and something else within the cold core of the Arcosian which remained hollow and ravenous. While others spoke of and relished 'ascension', the existence he found in himself now was anything but that.

"And now, I will take what I am owed with interest."

Though his intentions played upon his face, the thoughts of this Arcosian fell in strange psionic patterns, though it was certain that in this, he was not lying.

“Unfortunately, until we can restore the planets, the secret to your transcending will be delayed. I’m sorry Praxat, but once we win I promise I’ll help you.” Eva says.

" So I see Althena didn't give you any copies from the books in Gumarkaioui Library before her passing and Qaceria's destruction. So, Amperior's gone as well? Dammit, all the hard work I did there to make that planet better gone," Praxat said.

" Well, I hope Jinzi managed to make contact with my great-great-uncle Bulllick and the rest of the Intoadians. I gave them the means to leave their planet via a portal system and teleportation system. That's how I left Amperior through teleportation," Praxat said.

Anyways, I still fight, but I want to prepare first, and if I can't transcend until the battle is won. I guess I just have to work on making this efficient in combat," Praxat said as she turns her body into pure electromagnetic energy.

" This was thought to me on Amperior. Yeah I know I need to save my strength, but I felt I need to show not tell. There's also something else I can do now. I can store and accumulate ambient electromagnetic energy to increase my power gradually over time at the cost of my sanity," Praxat said.

"It's like this the more ambient electromagnetic energy I store and accumulate the more powerful I get, but also the crazier I get in the process. The method I'm talking about is using this form to maximize my speed and then converting back into matter form while conserving momentum from velocity and adding mass. I pull it off once back on Earth, but then threw up my stomach afterward," Praxat said.

" Oh, and I'm still waiting for a call from Miras. I had contacted her, requesting coordinates to the nearest nebula storm. Yeah, I know no time to search for one, but I still need to hear from her. I'm part of the Galaxy police, so it just would be nice to hear from my superior officer," Praxat said.

"If I can't transcend before the battle then I have no choice. My options are either store and accumulate ambient electromagnetic energy at the risk of my sanity or use Overclock repeatedly and put myself one foot further and further into the grave. I could also by my power to take over technology, and take control of a bunch of mechs via electronic communication to make a battalion. I did it back on Earth with Capsule Corp mechs," Praxat said.

" That's if I had a bunch of mechs on hand. So, you promise to help me transcend after we won, okay then but what would be the point? What use would I even have to transcend then?" Praxat said.

" Oh and here's my cell phone. It would be safer with you. It contains at 50 of my ancestor Disdemona's travelogues translated, along with a database of planets she's been to and people she's encountered," Praxat said.

Praxat hands Eva her cell phone.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-04-2022 at 10:02 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Your overconfidence is beyond reproach it seems...but perhaps your wit for assessment has gradually improved" Koorimaru replied, "All that remains is to take them by surprise before the spider closes her web..."

"Right into the lion's den, huh?" There was no better way to catch someone completely off-guard than to just bypass the front door and show up in their living room. On the other hand, that would give them precious little time to prepare. Whatever they were going to do to counteract Cancer's myriad of advantages, they were going to have to do them on the fly. "Alright, let's do it."

She turned away from him and faced the others. "You guys heard that, right? We're heading right into the **** storm, so get ready." She cast her gaze across the group and made sure to make eye contact with Held, Parsley, Ochazuke, and Etrina. "We'll be depending on you four to get us through safely. Bitch has ancient magic and can **** with our senses."

Parsley nodded. "Ancient magic, hm?" She fell silent. A strategy was already forming in her head to deal with the multitude of Cancer's advantages that she overhead Koorimaru recount. Arcane spells would take some time to undo, but with Held and Etrina backing her up, it was doable. Doable while having to fight off an altered perception? Still yes. "We'll get it done."

Sarada nodded and said, "Great."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"One thing about this form is that in it, I'm nearly massless. Which using this form to maximize my speed then switching to a matter form to add significantly more mass is ideal," Praxat said.

" It's not ideal for me to use this form in combat without switching back and forth from a matter form. Oh, when I was on Amperior, I uncovered some of that planet's lost technology, and I actually have the tech with me right now. It's not much, just scrap, and torn blueprints. I didn't bother showing Jinzi this stuff when I was on Earth because I figured there wouldn't be much for him to work with," Praxat said.

Praxat then reverts back to her matter form." Doubt scrap and torn blueprints would be useful for the battle. Oh and there's one more thing I was assigned a job to help Amperior as part of a GP operation. So when that planet is restored I might be too busy with my assignment to transcend after we won unless someone else in the GP takes up my assignment," Praxat said.

Praxat takes out a capsule and shows the group the technology she uncovered on Ameprior. Which as she described just scrap and torn blueprints. The torn blueprints have numbers and strange symbols written on them. " After the battle is won, I think I should probably contact GP HQ and discuss establishing a new layman name for Intoadians under subspecies in the species classification because Intoadian might be kind of offense," Praxat said.

" Of course, it would be up to the Intoadians if they want their name change. One last thing Eva I would like to ask you a question. Did you perhaps know Amperior's Guardian?" Praxat said.

Praxat takes off her GP Communicator which is in the middle of her chest, wipes it off, and puts it back on her chest. She then takes back her cell phone and shows a picture on it to Eva. A picture of a ruined temple in a desolate swampy wasteland with a dusty sky surrounded by ruins. Above the sky in the picture, a red dwarf star can be seen. The ruined temple in the picture looks like it goes underwater, and looks like a huge chunk of its top half is missing.

In fact, besides the fifty years of erosion. In the picture, it looks something like a big explosive had blown off the top of half the ruined temple in the picture. There's written on the ruined temple in the pictured written in strange symbols. Besides the ruined temple in the picture, the other ruins surrounding it show evidence of the aftermath of a massive battle.

The ruins that are surrounded the ruined temple in the picture are a mix of pagoda-like ruined buildings and with what looks like a columned of ruined trade buildings. The ruined trade buildings look like their barely standing and pagoda-like ruined buildings are half covered in swamp vines. The ruined temple in the picture stands out among the other buildings with its peculiar design, " this is a picture of Amepiror and in this picture Is the temple, I mentioned earlier," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-11-2022 at 01:47 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

With dull scales fallen beneath the eyes forever stilled, it was with an equal measure awe and disgust with which Ochazuke beheld the dead dragon. Preserved in its condition, the death of this immortal being still carried within it something peculiar. Something compelling that drew him near as of he had only to reach out and seize it, but for the volatile and deathly airs that stretched the length of its great serpentine spine.

"So that is the matter from which miracles are conjured. All too common in the flesh, and yet the portion of True Magic which remains within it persists in its lingering condition. What wonders had Jormungandr rendered in his universe? Where are the unbound appetites of your kin now, held to your bonds of origin, summoned to service from artifacts, yearning to be free? How far had the passage of eternity taken you, if Night had set even upon your long years?"

What mysteries remained in this kin of Grinthorn may never again be realized, but for the possibilites now forever stilled?

Yet Ochazuke knew for certain, as he beheld this member of that faded race of Ancient Dragons, that he had been slain, and with its life, some connection to the origin of all things had been lost forever.

For a moment, he'd considered raising the hammer one more, strike down and drag it through the ruin as if that would somehow be proof he could bear out the task of slaying the Eternal Dragon that had plagued his people for ages. Only by the weight of those who had pushed him forward to this point by the line of Zxu'ro had the intent been disciplined.

That is not our way.

"The Gotengo has been repaired and will grant us passage. Upon the Heka Flow, this will be the tip of the spear that moves against Sakin."

Ochazuke's broad shoulders rolled backward for a moment, then sagged as he sighed.

"Though the universe knows the way, they will not find it without the guidance upon the Cosmic Leyline...and it will take time to prepare it."

Drawing upon a capsule, is contents expanded, revealing the Control Halo of the Big Ghetti Star that had once been hers when the machine grafted her broken body to Guardianship a lifetime ago.

"Whilst I speed to my meditation in preparation for the excursion to the heart of the universe where the fiend dwells, I'll need you to steer the ship."
    She takes gingerly and nods slowly. He place with on her head, closing her eyes as an old connection is restored once more. She opens her eyes, blue with th e connection, and looks at him.

“Connection made. Let us depart.”

She looks at everyone else.

“Time to go, everyone. If you are hitching a ride, now’s the time to hop onboard. Koorimaru, do you plan on Void Tunneling all of just some?”
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 07-11-2022 at 12:10 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Time stopped.

Literally.

The words hung in the time-stilled air, barely audible to others but echoing like thunder to the Mage herself, Though one wouldn't guess from the lack of reaction. The time mage stood tall as she always did, a small smile gracing her lips, the gimmer of etherical energy trailing around her like a halo. Her eyes locked with Zaofans, a look of expectation filling his frozen gaze...

She was time afterall, a wide area time lock was but childsplay now...perhaps a bit straining given what she had just done, but she needed a moment to process without her future husband catching what came next.

Immediately the facade dropped and Etrina choked, liquid joy welling up over her vision. She spent several moments pacing back and forth, rubbing the torrent of tears from her eyes repeatedly why trying to get her emotions under control and presentable. Suddenly everything was out of place, her divine garments were way too white, her hair was out of place....how was it possible she was this unprepared for it.

It took some time, or none depending on their perspective, but finally Etrina returned to her starting position, gave her eyes one last wipe, took a deep breath and....

She immediately faltered, even after more then 30 min of prep. Her dignified response evaporated in the wind. "....yes.....yes of course I will...." Etrina reached down, took the ring and placed it on her finger. "...and its about time, you f..fool...." She turned her hand to show her newly anointed husband, and then in the blink of an eye she was kissing him.
    Eva looks over, her hearing amplified now that her connection to the BGS was restored, and smiles even as she prepares the ship for takeoff.

“Magnificent. Well done, Zao, well done.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

" Planets like Amperior even if they were restored, a lot of work would still need to be done. Oh, and you promise to help me with transcending after we won, I'll hold you to that promise Eva. In the meantime I should focus on making my electromagnetic energy form more useful in combat. This means getting around the whole motion-like sickness I get when I shift between my physical form and my electromagnetic energy form rapidly," Praxat said.

"The motion-like sickness that causes me to throw up my stomach, and what sucks up throw up my stomach is that once it's out I have to put it back in my body," Praxat said as she hands Eva her cellphone, puts the technology she uncovered on Ameprior back into a capsule and hands it to Eva. Praxat then hops onboard The Gotengo.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-11-2022 at 02:56 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

She takes gingerly and nods slowly. He place with on her head, closing her eyes as an old connection is restored once more. She opens her eyes, blue with th e connection, and looks at him.

“Connection made. Let us depart.”

She looks at everyone else.

“Time to go, everyone. If you are hitching a ride, now’s the time to hop onboard. Koorimaru, do you plan on Void Tunneling all of just some?”
    Avoca swallowed and rose to her feet. That was it. They were just one short ride away from the biggest, most important battle of their entire lives. For her, the previous most important battle she had ever taken part in was some random solo conquest eight years ago. She survived, but that was nothing compared to this.

A firm had fell upon her shoulder and gave it a squeeze. "Ready to make some history?" Sarada asked, every word brimming with her usual confidence.

Avoca wished she could believe in herself the way Sarada believed in literally everyone. "Yeah." Instead, she couldn't stop thinking about how useless she had been in the fight with Inanna, and how she was barely even there for the fight with SWS. These Gods and Angels were above everyone's paygrade, but the others had techniques and abilities that let them deal some heavy damage against them. Avoca's niche would have been useful if she was a god herself, but as she was? She would have been lucky to be a nuisance.

"Hey, don't try and underestimate yourself," she replied, as if she had been reading her mind. Or maybe it had been written all over her face and body language. "Just do what you can. Pick your spots and act." With that said, she smiled and gave her another comforting squeeze. "You're a lot stronger than you think. Trust me."

The words were simple but did a lot to encourage her. She returned the smile. "Thanks. I'll be heading onto the Gotengo." As much as she wanted revenge on Cancer for fucking her up and taking her daughter, she knew she would just get in the way. Her pride wouldn't let her admit it aloud, so she just left it at that.

It seemed Sarada understood and just nodded. "Good luck. I'll punch Cancer a few times for ya!"

Parsley grabbed her from behind and kissed her on the cheek. "I'll see you soon, okay?"

"Okay." A pregnant moment passed before she grabbed her and kissed her hard on the lips.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Planets like Amperior even if they were restored, a lot of work would still need to be done. Oh, and you promise to help me with transcending after we won, I'll hold you to that promise Eva. In the meantime I should focus on making my electromagnetic energy form more useful in combat. This means getting around the whole motion-like sickness I get when I shift between my physical form and my electromagnetic energy form rapidly," Praxat said.

"The motion-like sickness that causes me to throw up my stomach, and what sucks up throw up my stomach is that once it's out I have to put it back in my body," Praxat said as she hands Eva her cellphone, puts the technology she uncovered on Ameprior back into a capsule and hands it to Eva. Praxat then hops onboard The Gotengo.
    This stupid Frog had been trying her patience for the last who-knew-how-long with her incessant rambling about literally nothing of note. Releasing Parsley, she cut her gaze toward the babbling frog and said, "Gods, will you shut the hell up?!" The only thing worse than having to admit to herself that she wasn't strong enough to be of use in Cancer's lair was that she had to share a ride with this imbecile. She sighed heavily and spared Parsley one last exasperated look, then turned to board the Gotengo.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Onboard The Gotengo Praxat contacts GP HQ and uses Bio-Electromagnokinesis via electronic communication to do it. ( HQ, this is Praxat, requesting a bunch of battle mechs to use. the strongest we have available, oh do we have any mechs that can harness creation energy, also making a request to use my grandmother Araxat's 100 foot war mech, yes i'm requesting to use a mech that was use by vicious criminal,) Praxat said electricpathicly.

( Hmm for this battle, maybe I should go taboo and mess with the electrons and the electrical signals/impulses in a living being's body. So this Cancer person can paralyze with a bite that I can deal with by using my Bio-Electromagnokinesis to move my body around like a marionette viva stimulate the nerves in my body to force movement even if I'm paralyzed. It's her consuming my blood that I have to avoid," Praxat thought.

( Option bombard this Cancer person with battle mechs and keep my distance from her. If she does get close use my electromagnetic energy form to make her unable to consume my blood. she can also mess with my senses with her magic, but If it's just my hearing, touch, sight, taste, smell, and hearing. I can deal with that by using my Bio-Electromagnokinesis to temporarily shut off my sense of sight, taste, touch, hearing, and smell, ) Praxat thought.

( Let's do a test run,) Praxat said. Praxat uses her Bio-Electromagnokinesis to temporarily shut off her sense of sight, smell, taste, touch, and hearing. then with her electroreception, Praxat takes time to study and examine the layout of the Gotengo.

Praxat lowers her blindfold. ( Heh, I just made myself blind and deaf. Plus I can't feel anything, can't taste anything, and, can't smell anything. Yet takes to my electroreception I can still sense my surroundings,) Praxat said. Praxat then goes off somewhere in the Gotengo to focus on making her electromagnetic energy form more useful in combat.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-12-2022 at 02:00 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Astonishing Member

At Efrideet's remark, though the smile remained cordially plastered upon his face, a pressure welled in his temples as veins raised there.

"All I want is my fair share. Piteously, it seems my ambitions had been short-sighted, for I'd been double-crossed in my bid for power. Now I find my debt...to Inda'ren...has been cancelled and I'd be free, a new man, so to speak."

His cold, lizardly gaze flashed at the reformed goddess. Reincarnation to a mortal existence had left its mark on him, and something else within the cold core of the Arcosian which remained hollow and ravenous. While others spoke of and relished 'ascension', the existence he found in himself now was anything but that.

"And now, I will take what I am owed with interest."

Though his intentions played upon his face, the thoughts of this Arcosian fell in strange psionic patterns, though it was certain that in this, he was not lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Right into the lion's den, huh?" There was no better way to catch someone completely off-guard than to just bypass the front door and show up in their living room. On the other hand, that would give them precious little time to prepare. Whatever they were going to do to counteract Cancer's myriad of advantages, they were going to have to do them on the fly. "Alright, let's do it."

She turned away from him and faced the others. "You guys heard that, right? We're heading right into the **** storm, so get ready." She cast her gaze across the group and made sure to make eye contact with Held, Parsley, Ochazuke, and Etrina. "We'll be depending on you four to get us through safely. Bitch has ancient magic and can **** with our senses."

Parsley nodded. "Ancient magic, hm?" She fell silent. A strategy was already forming in her head to deal with the multitude of Cancer's advantages that she overhead Koorimaru recount. Arcane spells would take some time to undo, but with Held and Etrina backing her up, it was doable. Doable while having to fight off an altered perception? Still yes. "We'll get it done."

Sarada nodded and said, "Great."
    The Nevadian shrugged apathetically in response.

"At the risk of 'jinxing' it, as the humans say.. few things in this world can hide from my Shingan for long. I'm more curious than worried, to be honest" He replied, "And with our combined perceptions....Well, I guess anything is possible, even if I wouldn't take those odds myself."

He took no umbrage with the plan--as unpalatable as trusting Koorimaru was-- or his friends confidence(?) that he and the other adepts would find a way to preserve. Even heading into the unknown with magics that no one assembled except for perhaps the Oni--Who was distinctly like Inanna physically, but her energy signature and bearing were so different as to cause Held to be unsure if it was even the same person-- were even aware of conceptually to this point.

It hardly mattered, as far as Held was concerned. They would adapt, and overcome as they always had. They had little choice, and they were of one mind about what must be done.

Besides, Held couldn't deliver the righteous justice of Nevada to those would dare to act against it, if he could not get close enough to do so. The details that would allow this goal to come to fruition were trivial, to the annoyed Nevadian.

He would pierce through whatever obstacle Sakin, or Cancer, or any other wicked soul placed before them.