Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    I'm almost scared to ask but what is endo?
    It's a fetish for the insides of people's bodies. Everyone has different preferences for it. A lot like it being done with women, but since I was AFAB, I prefer men. I also only consider it endo if you show inside. Any main character that isn't Hal or Vic is out of the question.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Most of the time, yeah, especially the JL. The characters sounded the same, the stories were very cookie cutter and the art was not very good most of the time.
    Wow, I can't go along with that. I LOVED Dick Dillin's art in Justice League of America.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Dude, that was only a six-page story!

What happened when she was finding / extracting the bullet wasn't the important part of the story. Granted, in modern comic books, they would have needed an entire 22-page story just to show what was covered in two panels, which would have probably turned this six-page story into a SIX ISSUE, tpb-friendly waste of time and money.
    Spot on!

Superboy #202 is my second-favorite comic book of all time. X-Men #100 is in the top spot. Aside from the time period, you can probably guess the connection.

Astonishing Member

Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Spot on!

Superboy #202 is my second-favorite comic book of all time. X-Men #100 is in the top spot. Aside from the time period, you can probably guess the connection.
    Again, I feel I'm the bad guy here. Shitting on a comic book many people probably like because of my "sick and twisted perversion." Nowadays, there'd be at least ONE panel of Shrinking Violet inside Colossal Boy, sort of like the Guy Gardner/Leezle Pon endo panel in that one Blackest Night issue. I just want a drawing of Shrinking Violet inside, finding / extracting the bullet. Is that too much for me to ask? Can anyone here draw?

Incredible Member

Yeah dude, that's some messed up stuff. You should talk to someone about that. It's not normal or healthy.

Yeah dude, that's some messed up stuff. You should talk to someone about that. It's not normal or healthy.
    Almost everyone has a fetish. I'm just young and don't know social cues. I do have a therapist I've talked to many times about this. There are a whole number of people who enjoy this sort of thing, so it's not just me.

Incredible Member

Unless you're a doctor, wanting to see the insides of peoples bodies isn't a fetish, its a sickness. That's some serial killer stuff.

Unless you're a doctor, wanting to see the insides of peoples bodies isn't a fetish, its a sickness. That's some serial killer stuff.
    I'm not a serial killer. It's called endo, it's a sub-division of vore. I'm not trying to cut people up or anything. I'm too nice for that. Endosomatophilia is "a fetish where a predator has live prey inside them." We mainly call the people gone inside "hosts." It's not sick at all. It just came from cartoons in which people are gone inside of.

When I got into comics, an older friend showed me some of his collection. Lots of 60’s & 70’s stuff. He wasn’t even old enough to buy the 60’s books but bought them at comic shops. I’m a reader more than a collector so that always threw me. Anyway, I don’t care for old Marvel or DC. Just not my thing. Even books that are suppose to be classic like 70’s X-Men are just ok to me. As for DC, I remember pulling an old Legion book out of my friends stack. I couldn’t tell the issue but it had a green guy with huge bell bottoms on. I posted it once and someone said that’s a great Legion story. I thought it was awful. Older books just don’t have the amount of depth and characterization. I want to know why a characters acts the way they do. I want to see consequences. Too many older books have the villain defeated and that’s it until next issue. Boring. I’m not into villains who are just evil. Why are they doing what they do?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    When I got into comics, an older friend showed me some of his collection. Lots of 60’s & 70’s stuff. He wasn’t even old enough to buy the 60’s books but bought them at comic shops. I’m a reader more than a collector so that always threw me. Anyway, I don’t care for old Marvel or DC. Just not my thing. Even books that are suppose to be classic like 70’s X-Men are just ok to me. As for DC, I remember pulling an old Legion book out of my friends stack. I couldn’t tell the issue but it had a green guy with huge bell bottoms on. I posted it once and someone said that’s a great Legion story. I thought it was awful. Older books just don’t have the amount of depth and characterization. I want to know why a characters acts the way they do. I want to see consequences. Too many older books have the villain defeated and that’s it until next issue. Boring. I’m not into villains who are just evil. Why are they doing what they do?
    Sounds like Pulsar Stargrave. Possibly Superboy and the Legion #224.

I think I know WHY it didn't show what happened when Salu was finding / extracting the bullet...

THE COMICS CODE.

It messed up SO many comics BITD. That's why they didn't show Supergirl entering / exiting Dick Malverne's father's body. For this issue they just got their panties in a bunch over a bullet being shown in a body (EVEN THOUGH THAT KIND OF THING IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE PARTS OF ENDO.) Thank god the CCA is extinct. Nowadays, they'd get it right. Only... Gim doesn't look as sexy as he did in the Silver Age!

Again: it WAS an important part of the story. You're just complaining about modern-day comics. Imagine if YOU had something you liked seeing and it wasn't done correctly!