Extraordinary Member

Default Ka-Zar: Lord of the Savage Land #1 Preview

Ka-Zar: Lord of the Savage Land
    Writer: Zac Thompson
    Artist: German Garcia

Well, Ka-Zar finally has a book again!

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Alas, it's not the Kazar (and Shanna) I knew and care for. Hoping readers who really enjoyed the Jones/Anderson series will likewise rave about this and turn my thinking around, but for now, the write-ups haven't engaged me enough to find out for myself.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It was decent. I dont know that I care for Shanna and KaZar having powers. It takes away some of the fun and adventure of them being in the Savage Land. I want them to just be people overcoming crazy odds. Also...the kids a teenager now and what's up with him shooting flowers out of his hand? The art, while normally I love Garman Garcia is very loose, almost sketch like. It seems like he was going for an Alex Toth style, but at times it gets so loose it becomes difficult to tell what is going on.
    I'm going to stick around for a bit and see how it plays out, but as for now it's just ok. I really wanted to love this series. The old Ka-Zar the Savage series is one of my favorites as well as the Waid/Kubert run. I wanted this to be much the same..*****, adventurous, exciting.

.... powers?