Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Batman/Catwoman #7 Preview

Batman/Catwoman #7 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Liam Sharp

Incredible Member

Damn. I wish Clay Mann could have done the love scenes.

Well, at least it's not sex on a rooftop.

King's Batman has never slapped the cuffs on Selina but she's slapped the cuffs on him after sex. Meow .

Dick as a commissioner type...I dunno. Also this seems way more excessive for Selina than it has to be. I know under King she's as uber-competent as Bruce, but still.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh I'm fine with Sharp doing love scenes
    Very fine
    I'm gonna go to Tumblr now because my commentary about Bruce's handcuffed back is about to be very unsafe

I don't even know what this title is anymore or why I'm still wasting my money on it.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I don't even know what this title is anymore or why I'm still wasting my money on it.
    Same here.

I am only buying it to finish King's Batman.

I was originally here for Mann and he dropped the ball on art and now we have Sharp's art which is too weird and ugly for this story.

I love Sharp on Green Lantern but this story ain't it.

Incredible Member

This should just be called Catwoman with some cameos by Batman. So, a lot like his Batman run. This is just a irregularly released reminder of why he got booted the first time.

I'm still reading this at this point because I have the first 6 issues and it would bother me not to have it all. Started off OK, but Kings gonna King and it's full of weird dialogue, very decompressed, and isn't even really a Batman book.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    This should just be called Catwoman with some cameos by Batman. So, a lot like his Batman run. This is just a irregularly released reminder of why he got booted the first time.
    Is it wrong for me to say that I don't feel like Selina's actual ongoing books try as hard to sell her as Tom King does?

Incredible Member

Nope. King definitely pushes Selina to be the biggest character anytime she's in a book. He may have been better off writing a Catwoman book instead of anything to do with Batman.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm imaging an alternate timeline where we have a 12 issues series with the premise of Bruce and Selina being newly married going up against the Joker and the Phantasm, with an appearance by Harley.

But it's written by Paul Dini and drawn by Dustin Nguyen, and it's SO much better

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm imaging an alternate timeline where we have a 12 issues series with the premise of Bruce and Selina being newly married going up against the Joker and the Phantasm, with an appearance by Harley.

But it's written by Paul Dini and drawn by Dustin Nguyen, and it's SO much better
    I'd read that in a heartbeat, assuming it's 'Tec Dini and not Batman: The Adventure Continues Dini.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Apparently that cover is changed. Here's the original.

Honestly personally it's not much of a censor, he just doesn't have a bucket of blood on his hands and face, but it makes more sense that he doesn't have that much if he's just punching

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Dude, why you playing with my heart

If you're going to homage the Adam Hughes Catwoman mugshot you'd think they'd at least have the ID card...