Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    I think that Miles is too well known as a "Spider-man" to really backtrack on the name at this point to be honest. I don't really mind either way and I'd be cool if they changed it but I just don't really see it happening at this point.

I totally agree and I'm not a fan of the way their 616 relationship has been written so far and I think that Marvel fails to take advantage of what their relationship could be but I also think that there is untapped potential there for both characters to play off each other in a more central way and all it would take is the right writer to pull it off.
    agreed like no Peter and Miles ongoing series from when they join universe like how can that be possible. we got spider-men 2 but that was a disappointment. Instead they try to keep them separate with Peter going worldwide and Miles the friendly neighborhood hero which I can see why they did that but still they could have improve their bromance. Guess Marvel think it will make Peter look old if he trains Miles
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    For Spider-man not being a legacy I found a great post and it's recent.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTXtZGOPRVM/

Also check out for further explanation

https://www.instagram.com/stories/gr...6448323511159/

Not saying it's right but it makes a good point and why other Spiders are less compelling than Peter as Spider-man.
    Generic nonsense drivel. Spider-Man's popularity comes from being an everyman character....

Extraordinary Member

I think that Miles is too well known as a "Spider-man" to really backtrack on the name at this point to be honest. I don't really mind either way and I'd be cool if they changed it but I just don't really see it happening at this point.

I totally agree and I'm not a fan of the way their 616 relationship has been written so far and I think that Marvel fails to take advantage of what their relationship could be but I also think that there is untapped potential there for both characters to play off each other in a more central way and all it would take is the right writer to pull it off.
    They can always do it ITSV style, he is a Spider-man.I'm not denying that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    agreed like no Peter and Miles ongoing series from when they join universe like how can that be possible. we got spider-men 2 but that was a disappointment. Instead they try to keep them separate with Peter going worldwide and Miles the friendly neighborhood hero which I can see why they did that but still they could have improve their bromance. Guess Marvel think it will make Peter look old if he trains Miles
    That's the point of Miles in 616 acc. to many here so.....

Extraordinary Member

I think that Miles is too well known as a "Spider-man" to really backtrack on the name at this point to be honest.
    It really, really is. Especially with the success of Into the Spider-Verse and the upcoming sequel.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Saying Miles is too popular to change and become his own thing if he stays in 616 isn't completely correct.I mean Falcon Cap went back, he was popular.And Richard became Nightwing.And Steve Rogers was not Cap for a while.
    He would still have his solo, although if they do change I think it will be after all the ITSV stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    An ongoing team-up with both Pete and Miles simply called Spider-Men is long over due. They have such great chemistry.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    An ongoing team-up with both Pete and Miles simply called Spider-Men is long over due. They have such great chemistry.
    Not By BMB, if we have a decent writer I'd but the hell out of that.
    BMB writes a horrible 616 Pete, and he nerfed him to oblivion for Miles in both actual fighting stuff and maturity.
    Now give something like this to Chip Zdarsky or the like and we're talking.

If Pete died(again), should Spider-Man(in comic) end with him?

I've always wanted Miles to remain Spider-Man in 1610, and resurrected Peter to become 1610 Scarlet Spider. I mean it made sense.

But then Secret Wars happened.
    I wonder if we ever get a relaunch of Ultimate Line, or at least some story in Miles comic.

Maker is making something with 1610 right? And we know the Universe was well at the end of Spider-Men 2?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yes, but comic deaths don't last so it doesn't matter anyway.
    And they did superior and now Beyond, I think once we get a couple decades of marriage and kids then they can kill him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I've always wanted Miles to remain Spider-Man in 1610, and resurrected Peter to become 1610 Scarlet Spider. I mean it made sense.

But then Secret Wars happened.
    I wonder if we ever get a relaunch of Ultimate Line, or at least some story in Miles comic.

Maker is making something with 1610 right? And we know the Universe was well at the end of Spider-Men 2?
    Agreed.Peter could die in the crossover or be Scarlet Spider.Miles in 1610

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yes, but comic deaths don't last so it doesn't matter anyway.
    And they did superior and now Beyond, I think once we get a couple decades of marriage and kids then they can kill him.
    I don't think so. When Peter died and Otto took over, he understood the legacy that Peter created, "great power, great responsibility" and carried on the mantle. He could have become any hero/villain he chose but decided that it was important for Peters' legacy to continue. He didn't change his name to The Superior Otto Octavious. Miguel O'Hara didn't know Pete but felt that his legacy needed to be carried on.

It's not so much about Peter's powers and abilities but a lot more about his character.

Same as Steve Rogers. Wearing a costume doesn't make you a legacy, it's the character and inspiration that someone wants to follow in your footsteps.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think so. When Peter died and Otto took over, he understood the legacy that Peter created, "great power, great responsibility" and carried on the mantle. He could have become any hero/villain he chose but decided that it was important for Peters' legacy to continue. He didn't change his name to The Superior Otto Octavious. Miguel O'Hara didn't know Pete but felt that his legacy needed to be carried on.

It's not so much about Peter's powers and abilities but a lot more about his character.

Same as Steve Rogers. Wearing a costume doesn't make you a legacy, it's the character and inspiration that someone wants to follow in your footsteps.
    He changed because of Peter's memories, he wasn't planning on being a hero.That's like saying I would be good at Football after taking Messi's mind and body.Like tf
    And he r*ped/ tried to r*pe women half his age.

Miguel works because it's a distant future.Miles works because 1610 has much less superheros and the one's they have aren't all that good and he was filling a void.

I agree, but Peter is still around.And there are many ways to follow his footsteps that don't involve it being literal.

Extraordinary Member

Absolutely not. Miles is more than capable of carrying on the legacy.