View Poll Results: So... whose your fave/faves?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marvell: Captain Marvel I

33 32.67%
  • Monica Rambeau: Captain Marvel II

52 51.49%
  • Carol Danvers: Captain Marvel III (Marvell's cousin)

16 15.84%
  • None. I don't care.

4 3.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

The Marvel Family in LEGACY!

by Gwhitmore

^^^Awesome! Glad to know MarvelMan/MiracleMan can be included in the discussion!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    By default, Monica Rambeau. Always loved the character, and was very sorry to see her 'loose the title'. However, Genis-Vell is my favorite. Then Mar-Vell. Hate Carol as Captain Marvel. Really, a waste of a great character (as Ms. Marvel or Warbird), just to fill a slot (as Marvel's Wonder Woman, which, IMHO, I'm sorry to say, she never will be). And she's not Captain Marvel III, either.

Peace
    How is she not? Phyla doesn't make sense.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too. Without a doubt, an all-time great (IMHO):

Peter David's Captain Marvel in the Omnibus Format has become my Holy Grail.

I am pretty sure PADS Captain Marvel was more for the laughs. If I remember correctly no on e wanted to accept him. I am pretty sure he didn't make it officially? I may be wrong. It was still an interesting read. And he had an intersting design.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Dermy-- "The thread is asking who my favourite is, so I voted Monica...but I am definitely still very much a supporter of Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel. But my support for Carol doesn't show up as part of the poll numbers."-- I find myself in just the same position.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I am pretty sure PADS Captain Marvel was more for the laughs. If I remember correctly no on e wanted to accept him. I am pretty sure he didn't make it officially? I may be wrong. It was still an interesting read. And he had an intersting design.
    There's no official board handing out captain marvel commendations, but he was billed as captain marvel the whole time once monica passed it on. It did humor, but balance with seriousness, but it was more of "failing to live up to the legacy" type deal once Entropy got involved

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    There's no official board handing out captain marvel commendations, but he was billed as captain marvel the whole time once monica passed it on. It did humor, but balance with seriousness, but it was more of "failing to live up to the legacy" type deal once Entropy got involved
    He wasn't just billed as Captain Marvel in the title of the series either--other superheroes that he worked with, both in his own book and elsewhere, acknowledged him as Captain Marvel. He was as "official" as Monica or Carol or Mar-Vell himself. Monica stopped using the name in the first place because she voluntarily handed the title over to Genis!

Phyla would technically be an "official" Captain Marvel as well, since after Genis' death and until she gave up the title and ended up becoming Quasar (and later Martyr), she was the only person using the Captain Marvel title for a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    He wasn't just billed as Captain Marvel in the title of the series either--other superheroes that he worked with, both in his own book and elsewhere, acknowledged him as Captain Marvel. He was as "official" as Monica or Carol or Mar-Vell himself. Monica stopped using the name in the first place because she voluntarily handed the title over to Genis!

Phyla would technically be an "official" Captain Marvel as well, since after Genis' death and until she gave up the title and ended up becoming Quasar (and later Martyr), she was the only person using the Captain Marvel title for a time.
    Pretty much this. Genny was acknowledged as Captain Marvel ever since he adopted the starfield face look in Avengers Forever, and he teamed up with quite a few other heroes during his carreer, most notably in the Universe shaking Jim Starlin event Infinity Abyss, and with pleanty of heroes in his owm book. While I don't think Phyla had much interaction in the super-hero community in the short time she held the title, she did. as did others who knew her then, consider herlself Captain Marvel. So, just by that account, Carol would be, at the very least, Captain Marvel V.

Peace

The Monica Rambeau silver and black one with the afro

Genis is the only one that I really took to.

Mia San Mia!

I'm a Roger Stern fan so Monica Rambeau.

I like the original Mar-vell the best as a hero, but I enjoyed Genis's series the most. I didn't care for the fact he turned crazy mean after he got cosmic awareness. Changed the whole tone of the book.

Speaking of the Captains Marvel...which I find to be a viable concept along the lines of there being multiple Green Lanterns - perhaps giving them a subtitle to differentiate them if they had their own titles (Carol=Captain Marvel:WARBIRD, Monica = Captain Marvel:SPECTRUM, Genis= Captain Marvel:Legacy etc), I never saw these Alex Ross redesigns so titled before looking around inspired by this thread...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member

I voted Mar-Vell, but if it was a comparison between he and Carol as Ms. Marvel -- I would have went with Carol. I have not yet warmed up to this new version of Carol -- and it's largely because I dislike the corporate looking uniform she now wears. It's so blah. I know that's shallow, but the look means everything to me in print.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Speaking of the Captains Marvel...which I find to be a viable concept along the lines of there being multiple Green Lanterns - perhaps giving them a subtitle to differentiate them if they had their own titles (Carol=Captain Marvel:WARBIRD, Monica = Captain Marvel:SPECTRUM, Genis= Captain Marvel:Legacy etc), I never saw these Alex Ross redesigns so titled before looking around inspired by this thread...
    Love these!

My problem with Carol's new look is that it is visually drab. The star logo blends in with the gold strips -- the colors are very generic (based on Superman), and it relates very little to her past uniforms. Red and black are so much more dynamic. But I'm not really a fan of Marvel editorial -- which I suspect thought these were too old school.