View Poll Results: So... whose your fave/faves?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marvell: Captain Marvel I

33 32.67%
  • Monica Rambeau: Captain Marvel II

52 51.49%
  • Carol Danvers: Captain Marvel III (Marvell's cousin)

16 15.84%
  • None. I don't care.

4 3.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Captains Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Wasn't surprised in the least in 2019 that in the MCU them Kree soldiers had the color green as part of their uniform's color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    In the Marvel Cinematic Universe instead of Captain Mar-Vell I'd like Drax the Destroyer battle the Super-Skrull!
    Sounds interesting. The Starlin version of Drax the Destroyer will always be my fave!

BANNED

OP missing genis vell RIP
    Also calling Carol mar-vell's cousin tf???????

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

> Captain Marvel III
    > Carol

wow.

Anyway, mine is:
    Monica
    Mar-Vell
    Carol
    Genis

I didn't have a lot of books with Phyla as CM and I think Noh-Varr was the Dark Avengers version of CM so f**k him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    OP missing genis vell RIP
    Also calling Carol mar-vell's cousin tf???????
    I have no idea where that comes from since Mari-Ell isn't a blood relative of Mar-Vell.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 09-06-2021 at 06:32 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Phyla was captain marvel very transiently, and most of her actual character work comes from her identity as quasar.
    In the PAD series her being captain marvel was more of a foil to Genis as his bratty sister, and initially during annihilation.
    Anyway, "Captain Marvel" identity has 3 things imo that should have=cosmic aspect/relationship with authority aspect/legacy aspect (past mar-vell) or redemptive aspects
    Mar-vell's authority relationhsip and cosmic aspects were very strong under Jim Starlin (with the entities of death vs eon, cosmic awareness, etc) and the early parts of his run. He also had strong redemptive/turning a new leaf aspects
    Monica as captain marvel served the second one very minimally, and while she participated in cosmic stories, the stories themselves weren't particularly cosmic.... legacy wise they just dumped the title on her with no reason. No real redemptive aspects either.
    Genis had strong cosmic aspects, good relationship with authority aspects (even questioning godhood), and redemptive aspects (even if he were failing at this it was the narrative of him trying), with strong legacy aspects about living up to his dad
    Carol never got her cosmic run, but her books had decent authority aspects in the solos not fucked over by garbage events, and there a big growth/redemtpive aspect tied to her becoming captain marvel in the first place and also strong legacy aspects

Out of these metrics, even if Carol is my favorite character, I think Genis was the most interesting take on the Captain Marvel mantle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Anyway, "Captain Marvel" identity has 3 things imo that should have=cosmic aspect/relationship with authority aspect/legacy aspect (past mar-vell) or redemptive aspects
    Bonus for the other captain marvels:
    Skrull-vell didn't have cosmic aspect, but the alien aspect with mar-vell being a skrull was super interesting, the redemptive aspect of mar-vell's memories causing him to defect from the skrulls and protect earth were great and an interesting twist on the classic story
    Noh-varr had an interesting twist as well on becoming part of the dark avengers w.r.t the authority aspects and redemptive aspects

Definitely have to go with Monica. Not only is she my favorite Captain Marvel but she's also one of my favorite characters period.

By default, Monica Rambeau. Always loved the character, and was very sorry to see her 'loose the title'. However, Genis-Vell is my favorite. Then Mar-Vell. Hate Carol as Captain Marvel. Really, a waste of a great character (as Ms. Marvel or Warbird), just to fill a slot (as Marvel's Wonder Woman, which, IMHO, I'm sorry to say, she never will be). And she's not Captain Marvel III, either.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 09-06-2021 at 07:12 AM.

Genus but I voted for Mar-Vell
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Depends on what the criteria are. I probably like Monica more than Carol, but I think I prefer Monica as Spectrum and Carol as Captain Marvel.
    I agree with this. I loved Monica as CM and was annoyed when she lost the name--but I love Carol as CM now and do not want to see her give it up. Monica is still awesome no matter what name she's got, so I am happy with the current status with Monica as Spectrum and Carol as Captain Marvel.

I also love Genis and Phyla--but I certainly don't need Phyla as "Captain Marvel". She's doing just fine right now without a code name. As for Genis, although I was't happy with him taking the CM title away from Monica in the first place, I grew to love him in PAD's series for him and I still have a soft spot for him. I'd like to see him come back--he can continue using the Photon name he was using when he died. Genis always struggled under the pressure of his father's old title so I'm sure he'd be happy to let Carol continue using it and stick with the Photon name.
    Last edited by Dermie; 09-07-2021 at 03:27 PM. Reason: typo

For me...

Monica
    Genis
    Mar-Vell
    Carol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I must say that I'm surprised that Carol is still in the single digits. I thought she had far more supporters on CBR.

BANNED

2016-19 was a toxic place if you supported that character so many were just driven away. Imagine seeing 3 of "Could Rogue Have Made A Better Captain Marvel Than Carol Danvers" type threads on the front page, but way mean spirited than the OP of that thread

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I must say that I'm surprised that Carol is still in the single digits. I thought she had far more supporters on CBR.
    I think part of the issue is that not all of the fans are "us vs them" when it comes to Carol and Monica. For example, I am a big fan of both of them and I love both of them as Captain Marvel. I also loved Genis as Captain Marvel. The thread is asking who my favourite is, so I voted Monica...but I am definitely still very much a supporter of Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel. But my support for Carol doesn't show up as part of the poll numbers.
    Last edited by Dermie; 09-08-2021 at 12:10 AM.