Default Mandarin (Iron Man) vs Wen Wu (Shang Chi)

Easy to see this coming. Mcu versions obviously. Who wins?
    Last edited by Postmania; 09-03-2021 at 11:57 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Easy to see this coming. Mcu versions obviously. Who wins?
    Haven't seen Shang-Chi yet. For a moment, I was picturing Ben Kingsley in this fight then realized you meant the guy who turned out to really be the Mandarin in the movie.
    Power with Girl is better.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Avoiding spoilers, Wen Wu probably falls eventually here. The rings are awesome and Wen is extremely skilled, but he's a human, and the Extremis'd up Mandarin has stupid durability, crazy healing, one-shot capability and some degree of speed. He also doesn't seem to have the issue of going critical that all of the other Extremis users have. It might take a while but I'd favor him to eventually get his hands on Wen, and then it's over.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Aldrich Killian wasn’t Mandarin, was he? I thought it turned out there was an actual Mandarin in an official MCU web short online.

I’m assuming this is intended to be Killian vs Wen Wu though.

Killian proclaimed himself as the Mandarin in the movie. Wen Wu wasn't angry over that part, he seemed to find it funny if anything(they named him after a chicken dish?), it was the ten rings moniker he was pissed over, I don't actually remember that being used in Iron Man 3 but he specifically made a point about it in Shang Chi

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Aldrich Killian wasn’t Mandarin, was he? I thought it turned out there was an actual Mandarin in an official MCU web short online.

I’m assuming this is intended to be Killian vs Wen Wu though.
    There was but, of course, it will never be brought into a movie.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Avoiding spoilers, Wen Wu probably falls eventually here. The rings are awesome and Wen is extremely skilled, but he's a human, and the Extremis'd up Mandarin has stupid durability, crazy healing, one-shot capability and some degree of speed. He also doesn't seem to have the issue of going critical that all of the other Extremis users have. It might take a while but I'd favor him to eventually get his hands on Wen, and then it's over.
    ahh I big to differ dude was destroying entire arm's and city's with those things. And I don't rember chicken dish man having any range attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by da noble savage View Post
    ahh I big to differ dude was destroying entire arm's and city's with those things. And I don't rember chicken dish man having any range attacks.
    Killian literally breathes fire at one point.

Wen does, in the opening scenes, roll through a 5m wide swath of a maybe 50m deep army formation, and blows a hole into a city wall. I assume that's what you mean by "destroying entire armies and cities." Killian is faster than he is, showing, I dunno, at minimum CBPHish or faster speed in his fight against Stark, has a ridiculous healing factor plus soak, and only needs to land one shot to end this. I'd still favor that for the majority.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Wenwu does kind of block bullets at one point. You see those gangsters shooting him and his rings blocking.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Wenwu does kind of block bullets at one point. You see those gangsters shooting him and his rings blocking.
    He blocks lots of stuff with the rings. He also survives impacts that a human body could never survive, being in a super hero movie with him having super powers thanks to the rings. But Killian overpowers Iron Man(men?) kind of effortlessly, snap dodges out of the way of tons of Tony's shots, tanks with little effort and no lasting harm many other shots from numerous suits, straight up out-muscles multiple suits, and one-shots (or "few" shots sometimes) the suits like they are made of cotton candy. Tony being a guy who has kind of inexplicable speed for a human - tank shell dodge post-firing in the suit, and post-fire bullet dodging and blocking (still probably just really high-end aim dodging) without the suit. I can see Wen doing damage, and he's skilled and experienced as hell, but the top-tier Extremis peeps are ridiculous, with Killian being the top tier of them by a mile.