Page 121 of 234 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 3509

Something smells in Seattle, and it ain't the fish market.

For Carroll to get forced out the door mid-season... that would take something like Russell Wilson giving an ultimatum that the only way he plays in Seattle next season is if they boot the coach.

And that would be an odd flex for Russ. No PR spin would make this something he'd do, with how protective he is of his nice guy image.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

For Carroll to get forced out the door mid-season... that would take something like Russell Wilson giving an ultimatum that the only way he plays in Seattle next season is if they boot the coach.

And that would be an odd flex for Russ. No PR spin would make this something he'd do, with how protective he is of his nice guy image.
    I wouldnt see him staying any way. His wife wants to be in a big market high profile city so bad it hurts.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Nagy I've heard about, but Carroll? The latter makes no sense. Sure, the Seahawks bottomed out this season, mainly due to the absence of Russell Wilson due to injury, but jeez! Carroll won Seattle a Super Bowl, and while he probably still gets dogged for that ill-advised pass play at the goal line which cost them a win in XLIX, he deserves a better fate than this. At least let him finish the season for pity's sake.
    Not only won a Super Bowl for Seattle but got them to a second one and was one bad call away from winning that one as well.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Forcing Carroll out mid-season via a Russell Wilson ultimatum would make little sense when you could simply fire him after the season anyway.

Also, Russell Wilson has no business being allowed to deliver an ultimatum in the first place.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Forcing Carroll out mid-season via a Russell Wilson ultimatum would make little sense when you could simply fire him after the season anyway.

Also, Russell Wilson has no business being allowed to deliver an ultimatum in the first place.
    I mean, he has been a league MVP, right?

There are teams positively thirsty enough for a quality QB out there, two in New York alone that would be more than happy to take him off Seattle's hands.

But for whatever winds of change are blowing in Seattle, I cannot for the life of me think they would fire Carroll mid-season. And I have thought Carroll was overrated and botched a potential dynasty since Super Bowl 47.

Backing away to look at the big picture... it seems almost a certainty that as we move into this offseason...

- DeShaun Watson, for whatever legal woes he's got, is going to end up traded out of Houston. Lord only knows where he lands, or what he'll play like after a year off.
    - Aaron Rodgers wants out of Green Bay. He might just retire, but he seems almost guaranteed to walk. Where he ends up... Trey Lance as the "next guy" in SF... I wouldn't bank on that. Maybe Denver...
    - Russell Wilson reportedly wanted out of Seattle LAST season. The way he's looking right now and how Seattle's playing, that seems more likely this year, and that the team might blow it all up, get rid of coach, GM, and trade Wilson for enough 1st round picks for a full rebuild.

I'll note the draft's QB prospects are the weakest in years, and teams with multiple picks like the Lions, Eagles, Giants... they might package something together to get one of the three guys above. Or try to leverage another QB away from another team looking for a fresh start at the position.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 11-25-2021 at 02:30 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I wouldnt see him staying any way. His wife wants to be in a big market high profile city so bad it hurts.
    Yeah, but what big market, high profile city? New York? Both the Jets and Giants stink. Chicago? The Bears stink. L.A.? The Rams are rolling with Matt Stafford while the Chargers are set for years with Justin Herbert. Philly? Not big enough. Miami? Not big enough, but the South Beach lifestyle is awesome. Not many options to satisfy wifey, not to mention Russ wanting to be on a winner.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Yeah, but what big market, high profile city? New York? Both the Jets and Giants stink. Chicago? The Bears stink. L.A.? The Rams are rolling with Matt Stafford while the Chargers are set for years with Justin Herbert. Philly? Not big enough. Miami? Not big enough, but the South Beach lifestyle is awesome. Not many options to satisfy wifey, not to mention Russ wanting to be on a winner.
    I think he's gonna be willing to compromise on winning right away if he gets some say in roster decisions and if it's either a NY or Chicago market to appease Ciara. Hell, if Matt Ryan retires, I could see him wanting to go to Atlanta.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The New York Giants are a couple pieces away on the offense really. If Barkley can stay healthy on the field (he's only played in 7 games outta last 26 due to health issues) and with the WR's added in draft and free agency they have the pieces. They have to fix a terrible offensive line and its a problem they have had for a number of seasons. They tried free agency once and it failed. Now they are in a spot.

If they trade draft picks it doesn't help that position. They also don't have much projected cap space in 2022 with $4+ million. So the teams salary cap is a mess and with what they have right now. So how do they fix the offensive line if they did get Wilson ? Plus with limited cap space they can't fit him either.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I must be a masochist, but, I’m watching Bears versus Lions. Jared Goff made the start and has Detroit leading 7-0 in the first.

I must be a masochist, but, I’m watching Bears versus Lions. Jared Goff made the start and has Detroit leading 7-0 in the first.
    I picked the Lions today. Im either an a head of the curve football savant or someone who does not know crap about the NFL.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

If the Bears do lose today the rumors of Nagy being fired will be Fridays reality and top headline.

I picked the Lions because Dalton shits the bed in National tv games.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    If the Bears do lose today the rumors of Nagy being fired will be Fridays reality and top headline.

I picked the Lions because Dalton shits the bed in National tv games.
    Lions 14-13 with under ten minutes left in regulation. You can’t tell me Nagy isn’t sweating it right now.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well Nagy may not be sweating. According to NFL.Com the Bears owner met with players & coaches telling him they will not be firing Nagy during the season. Chicago as the article points out doesn't traditionally fire coaches during the season and will wait til off season....

https://www.nfl.com/news/*******unli...nagy-midseason
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Bears kick a last second field goal and win the game 16-14...

Lions are such hot garbage. How many games have they been given and just pissed away?