Page 193 of 234 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3509
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I do feel for Murray and Prescott. They were the HOT QB's this season and they entered games where they were expected to compete or win in Prescott's case ; then collapsed. Its one of those things that could effect them mentally and It would suck if this becomes a deal where it plays in their mind about the playoffs and winning.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I picked this game as the closest toss up of the weekend. Guess not.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Rams vs Cards was a fun game...until that hit. I honestly thought the guy had broken his neck and died for just a few beats. Glad to hear it's less serious, OTOH concussions are pretty serious, (speaking as someone who has had more than one and woken up in hospital wondering what happened). I don't think I've ever seen a QB turn a safety into a touchdown like that before. OBJ got himself a half million dollar bonus yesterday with the Rams' win. Seems he negotiated a team performance clause that awards him for how far the Rams get in the playoffs. I LIKE that sort of incentive; gets the player focused on making his team better. He'll get $750,000 if they win against Tampa, (possible IMO but unlikely).

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Okay, time for my clueless predictions for the next round:

AFC
    Titans 24, Bengals 17: Cincinnati comes up short against a stout Tennessee defense
    Chiefs 41, Bills 34: This figures to be the best, most fun game of the weekend

NFC
    Packers 31, Niners 20: Rodgers and the Packers will have it pretty easy with Frisco
    Bucs 27, Rams 24: Brady figures to have a tough time but will survive
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

KC beating the Steelers was one many of us expected given that limited offense the Steelers had and last beating. But facing the Buffalo Bills ....a more offensive team and solid defense is gonna be a hard test. KC;s defense played great in 8 games , went into the crapper for 2 games and had a good one. That of course is the Steelers as we saw. So in all...I hope KC can win. But I'm not gonna expect victory given KC's issues.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I honestly think that all four games can go either way.
    My picks
    Titans because Henry is back
    Bills, because they have the better D
    Packers because of Rodgers
    Bucs because of Brady and the Bucs D
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-18-2022 at 07:24 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I do feel for Murray and Prescott. They were the HOT QB's this season and they entered games where they were expected to compete or win in Prescott's case ; then collapsed. Its one of those things that could effect them mentally and It would suck if this becomes a deal where it plays in their mind about the playoffs and winning.
    I really believe that we've seen the best of Dak this year. And he is what he is. Never going to carry a team and will never be a top QB.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    I really believe that we've seen the best of Dak this year. And he is what he is. Never going to carry a team and will never be a top QB.
    The mistakes made will likely weigh on Dak. He's gonna like Kyler have to face a moment of...will this be something that makes them decide to come back better ? Or is this gonna be an annual situation like Romo had.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    And yet, much as I hate to admit this, unless things change in the off-season, Prescott will still the best quarterback in NFC Least. Jalen Hurts (Eagles) is no better than Baker Mayfield; Tyler Heinecke (Washington) damn sure can’t carry a team; and Daniel Jones (New York Giants) could end up being a bust. And because of those deficiencies in the most important position on an NFL team, this division will continue to suck eggs.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Green Bay 31 San Francisco 24
    Kansas City 42 Buffalo 34
    Titans 28 Bengals 26
    Rams 22 Bucs 21

I hope Brady gets to meet Donald and Miller a lot, so they can give him great big bear hugs. He deserves to be hugged!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

KC BUF screams one sided blowout to me.

Bills take it but I still think they choke before the SB.

I kinda think the Bengals are gonna waltz in this year.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Or is this gonna be an annual situation like Romo had.
    This is Exactly what I'm thinking right now. Basically Romo all over again in a way.

While there's differences between the 2... it's the same result in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And yet, much as I hate to admit this, unless things change in the off-season, Prescott will still the best quarterback in NFC Least. Jalen Hurts (Eagles) is no better than Baker Mayfield; Tyler Heinecke (Washington) damn sure can’t carry a team; and Daniel Jones (New York Giants) could end up being a bust. And because of those deficiencies in the most important position on an NFL team, this division will continue to suck eggs.
    Yeah he's the best out of the East for now, but Hurts has a bigger ceiling yet. The other 2 just stink.

Plus, Did I hear correctly last night that Hurts was seen in a walking boot? I heard it on WIP. That could be a huge reason he played so poorly.

Both Arizona and Dallas have 2022 questions ahead right now.

Arizona

- A Watt had 22 and half sacks this season to lead the NFL. Sadly for Arizona it was younger brother T.J Watt. Not J.J who the team handed $20 million guaranteed at signing and $14 million guaranteed this season. What did Watt give them ? He appeared in just 7 games and had...1 sack. YIKES.

- Arizona will enter 2022 with $16 million in cap space. They also will have the following free agents to try and keep Chandler Jones (DE) , Zack Ertz (TE) , and Christian Kirk (WR) as free agents. The big problem is Ertz and Jones will be 32 and rebounded from an injury season last year. Ertz will be 32 and a big question is , do they bring him back ? Kirk is 26 and a near 1,000 yard receiver. These are big questions ahead as the big 3 free agents the team has.

- At RB the Cardinals leading rusher James Conner is another free agent. So the Cardinals who had Conner and Edmonds combine for over 1,200_ yards on the ground. The team will need to decide if they wanna move on from Conner and get a cheap RB in draft.

OVERALL : The Cardinals are in a hard spot. With 4 free agents they need and limited cap space the team will have to work to try and keep one or 2 of these guys at best.

----

Dallas

- Dallas doesn't even know if they wanna keep Mike McCarthy as coach after the debacle days ago. Where he literally was out coached by a younger coach with a weaker team. The rumors are running Jerry Jones wants to keep Kellen Moore and will promote him to head coach if need be. So no one knows who the coach will be yet. Also this isn't a good endorsement after the collapse for McCarthy who people have said is an awful coach and only was successful due to Aaron Rodgers.

- Where Arizona has cap room ; Dallas gambled on a WIN IT ALL season and now looks to be $13+ million over the cap heading into 2022 ! The team has to cut , rework contracts and likely will lose some free agents ahead.

- Dallas has Keanu Neal (LB) and Leighton Vander Esch (LB) both as free agents. The 2 LB's combined for over 149 tackles this season (Neal only started 14 games this year) and 2 sacks at the position. The defense really was a highlight under Dan Quinn this season and losing 2 starting LB's would hurt.

OVERALL : The situation is Dallas is worse than Arizona. Where as Cardinals have $16+ million in cap space to work with and rework deals etc , the Cowboys will need to make massive moves to get under cap and they could lose both LB's .

It became comical to hear how many teams were in a "Must Win Now" or "Superbowl or Bust" mode this year. Including a few that have already left the field.
    Every team is trying to get to the Superbowl, only 2 do, no matter how much you spend or how much you think you deserve it.