Page 206 of 234 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3509

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    If they change anything about OT, let it be the coin flip. Instead, the two QBs should have to thumb wrestle or play a round of Madden for it.
    Home field advantage-if a game goes to OT, the home team gets the ball first. In the playoffs that means the teams success in the season has earned them a advantage in that particular situation. Regular season not so much, but its still homefield advantage. It's a similar vein to MLB, where if the home team finishes an inning ahead, the other team doesn't have another chance, creating the potential for the walk-off which excites fans and in now ingrained in the fabric of the game.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Home field advantage-if a game goes to OT, the home team gets the ball first. In the playoffs that means the teams success in the season has earned them a advantage in that particular situation. Regular season not so much, but its still homefield advantage. It's a similar vein to MLB, where if the home team finishes an inning ahead, the other team doesn't have another chance, creating the potential for the walk-off which excites fans and in now ingrained in the fabric of the game.

-M
    Not bad. It eliminates the coin toss, which I generally hate.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

One ESPN guy joked had they did XFL rules and let Allen and Mahomes get 3 chances to score a TD from the 20 yard line , we likely would have been there for hours longer. Given how great the 2 were at one point.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Not bad. It eliminates the coin toss, which I generally hate.
    Alternately, go more like MLB, visitor goes first, home team always has a chance to answer. Game ends if home team's possession ends with them ahead or behind, continues if it's a tie. In regular season maybe only 1 or 2 possessions each, in playoffs, play until 1 team wins.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

-M
    I would really like to see this.

In other news, it seems like Aaron the Pissy Packer has gone full MAGA.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    In other news, it seems like Aaron the Pissy Packer has gone full MAGA.
    What did he do now?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What did he do now?
    The quotes involve him embracing "The Big Lie"
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The quotes involve him embracing "The Big Lie"
    Why am I not surprised? I’ve always been of the opinion that I don’t need to know an athlete’s political leanings, and this is why.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    I would really like to see this.
    Thats not a bad idea. I like 10 minute OT, then have a field goal kick off starting from 40 yards then moving back 5 yards on each kick. The excitement would be bonkers.

Do the payoffs have any bearing on the MVP vote or is it just regular season? because Rodgers and MVP candidate only scored 10 points at home vs an under dog. Meanwhile Mahomes was lights out! And even though Brady lost he had better stats in his game.

So if it it Rodgers vs Brady will they look at the fact that Brady did better even though he lost? Brady has been better in the Payoffs this year.

But if Rodgers does not win MVP he will bitch like crazy about cancel culture.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-24-2022 at 04:46 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Thats not a bad idea. I like 10 minute OT, then have a field goal kick off starting from 40 yards then moving back 5 yards on each kick. The excitement would be bonkers.
    I would not like this. I hate the shootout in the NHL and PKs in OT in soccer. They are among my least favorite things in organized team sports play. It turns a team game into an individual skill exhibition, making something they do in warm up on a practice field being a deciding factor in the game while the rest of the team stands around with their hands on their hips doing nothing to impact the outcome of the game. At least when a kicker comes out for a game-winning FG, the team as a whole has contributed to putting them at that field position to do so.

-M

Astonishing Member

I would not like this. I hate the shootout in the NHL and PKs in OT in soccer. They are among my least favorite things in organized team sports play. It turns a team game into an individual skill exhibition, making something they do in warm up on a practice field being a deciding factor in the game while the rest of the team stands around with their hands on their hips doing nothing to impact the outcome of the game. At least when a kicker comes out for a game-winning FG, the team as a whole has contributed to putting them at that field position to do so.

-M
    I have a different opinion on that I don't mind shootouts in either of those sports. You have to end the game. If it comes down to a skills competition then so be it. You still do a 10 minute OT then if tied have a kickoff. It would rarely happen. But it would cause crazy tension. I don't like the idea of just giving the ball to one team and saying if you score at TD you win and the other team doesnt get a chance to score. The way they have it now is so wacky. Ok you get ball if you score a touchdown you win. But only if you score on your first possession. If you score on third possession well the game goes on. Its wacky.

Its literally like if an NBA game goes into OT you flip a coin give the winner possession and saying ok if you score on your first possession you win.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I have a different opinion on that I don't mind shootouts in either of those sports. You have to end the game. If it comes down to a skills competition then so be it. You still do a 10 minute OT then if tied have a kickoff. It would rarely happen. But it would cause crazy tension. I don't like the idea of just giving the ball to one team and saying if you score at TD you win and the other team doesnt get a chance to score. The way they have it now is so wacky. Ok you get ball if you score a touchdown you win. But only if you score on your first possession. If you score on third possession well the game goes on. Its wacky.

Its literally like if an NBA game goes into OT you flip a coin give the winner possession and saying ok if you score on your first possession you win.
    If they ended NBA games on a free throw shooting competition after 1 OT period, no one would watch. Same if the decided MLB games on a home run derby after 1 extra inning. Unfortunately in the NFL and MLB, only one team's offense can be on the field at a time, both offense and defense units are essential for how the game is played. Take one side out of the equation and you are no longer playing baseball or football. An determination of a victor in a contest in those games should have both sides in the equation. In both the defense preventing the other team from scoring is as important as the offense trying to score for the game to be what it is. Removing one is deciding the game on something that isn't the game itself.

-M

Coin toss or not, both teams need a possession.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium