Page 191 of 234 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3509
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well that Dallas ending has got to have made Jerry Jones flip his lid. Someone's head is going to roll for that one. Even I know that the players can't spot the ball independently of the officials!

This was explained to me when I toured the Denver Broncos stadium. The place where the players families were at were great, nice and heated etc. All the boxes. Many of the local and regional press all had big nice heated rooms. But the national TV announcers booth was a craphole, no windows even and totally exposed to the elements from the direction of the field. I mean, it had a roof so there is that, plus the booth was seated back a bit so most of the snow and rain wasn't going to directly fly through the open windows. But the place literally had cardboard pasted up in places on the walls, areas to protect cords with cardboard and plastic and paint was kinda peeling, etc. That was one uuuugly booth.

From what they said it is a league rule that the announcers have to have a completely unobstructed view, so no glass. And therefore no heat because it would be kind of ridiculous to heat that kind of room. Also I believe the broadcasts are going for authentic sounds of the crowds, which you can't get if you pipe it into a heated booth.
    I see. Thanks for the education.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

So I watched the Dallas game without having a dog in the fight, and here are my observations. Dallas' play calling at the end was....WTF?!? Up the middle with seconds left? Who cares that it got some yards, what they needed was an out of bounds play. And the refs were right. The guy nearly hurdled a player to set the ball, doing everything he could to set it as fast as possible. The Dallas players, (looking at you Dak), blaming them for not doing it fast enough must have been at a different game than the one I saw. And they have only themselves and the coaching to blame. Well, and the Niners, I guess, for being marginally better.

As for Big Ben, I hope he really does hang it up. The Not For Long league is a pretty tough place to play, and he'd be better off hanging it up while he still has a few brain cells left alive, and a still has his own knees, (assuming he does). Watching that game, I sort of felt for him even though I don't really like him. Saw him have passes dropped that he put right into the receiver's hands, saw the "protection" his line gave him, and I'd say he doesn't need that anymore.

The Bucs game was...predictable. Entertaining I suppose if you like watching Brady do his GOAT thing, not so much otherwise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    One of the players in the game last night that surprised me is JuJu Smith-Shuster with the Steelers. See a comical story was Shuster was offered a nice contract by the Chiefs who wanted him to take that #2 WR role across from Tyreek Hill as the veteran as KC had moved on from Sammy Watkins. Now in terms of biggest most stupid move...Shuster decided to sign back with Pittsburgh.

This after he struggled a lot in 2020. He was offered less money in Pittsburgh on a 1 year deal and had a QB nearing the end of his career vs playing with Pat Mahomes and this hot offense. So the options were clear...

- OPTION #A : Take the Watkins role and become the #2 option across from Tyreek Hill. Be part of a hot offense with a young in his prime of his career Pat Mahomes at QB. Also make more money on a better contract. Rebound the career that struggled as the per catch average was under 9 yards a catch.

- OPTION #B : Return to Pittsburgh and be a 3rd or 4th WR in an offense where I'm no longer considered a prime target as Claypool and others are now the guys. Play for an aging QB nearing the end of his career in a final possible season. Make way less money on a 1 year deal.

Shuster choose option B and this year had 15 catches for 129 yards. It was one of the worst decisions in pro football history.
    Maybe after dealing with AB and his craziness ramping up to his trade he decided he didn't want to play across from a girlfriend-beating, child-beating scumbag like Tyreek Hill? Or maybe he thought he could be "the guy" rather than option 3 in an offense, ego is no joke with professional athletes (see the previous two examples)? Hard to say. He'll likely have to play another one-year "prove it" deal, but he's only 25 and can rebound pretty easily for a big contract somewhere. Plenty of teams could use a guy like he was when healthy. Probably not a rebuilding, probably QB-less Steelers franchise though.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Brady on his way to becoming Thanos
    My first instinct is to call him The Lord of the Rings, but in keeping with this primarily being a comic book website I'm surprised I've never seen an homage to the cover of Emerald Twilight....
    Dark does not mean deep.

Did anylne else see Daks statement where he was made at the fans for throwing things on the field, then he is told they were throwing at the refs and he says "A credit to them."

What a ****. he is fine with beer bottles and garbage being thrown at guys just doing their jobs because he played a **** game and then ran down the middle with 12 seconds left.

I really dont like this man much. It is not the Rodgers level of dislike but man what a baby.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Did anylne else see Daks statement where he was made at the fans for throwing things on the field, then he is told they were throwing at the refs and he says "A credit to them."

What a ****. he is fine with beer bottles and garbage being thrown at guys just doing their jobs because he played a **** game and then ran down the middle with 12 seconds left.

I really dont like this man much. It is not the Rodgers level of dislike but man what a baby.
    Yeah, that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Maybe after dealing with AB and his craziness ramping up to his trade he decided he didn't want to play across from a girlfriend-beating, child-beating scumbag like Tyreek Hill? Or maybe he thought he could be "the guy" rather than option 3 in an offense, ego is no joke with professional athletes (see the previous two examples)? Hard to say. He'll likely have to play another one-year "prove it" deal, but he's only 25 and can rebound pretty easily for a big contract somewhere. Plenty of teams could use a guy like he was when healthy. Probably not a rebuilding, probably QB-less Steelers franchise though.

While Tyreek Hill isn't a good person , his behavior off the field hasn't hit Antonio Brown levels. Its nowhere near it and beyond that 3 seasons ago , he's not had anything else happen off the field to come close to Brown. You ask half the WR's in the league and they wanna play across from Hill and Kelce , with a Mahomes throwing them the ball. Its clear that Shuster made a terrible decision and while the Chiefs were throwing it at will all over the field last night he had to think...f-ck , I could have been one of those guys catching passes last night.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yeah, that left a bad taste in my mouth.
    He and Mike are both blaming the refs.

It is a blaming everyone else for your failures. That is the culture that mike Builds. it is what he built with Rodgers in Green bay and look at the crap that guy pulls now.

This is why Dallas is one and done and why they will keep being one and done if they make it at all net year.

Mike was just out coached and out classed every minute of the game yesterday.

And he goes on to say that he would do the run up the middle again! WTF!!!!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Jerry Jones said it best and better then his staff.

"I am not blaming the officials. I am asking why we were even in that situation to start with."

But Jerry also said they deserved to win this game. At no point did I see a Cowboys team that deserved to win anything.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    *narrows eyes*

You've both made my list.

I look forward to crossing your names off the list in the future....

ANd here's the thing JD...the Colts loosing was Karma for when you broke Carr's leg in 2016 thus ruining our entire season
    So... pistols at dawn?

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

Like, as a fan, I get mad at refs all the time. It's a prerequisite of being a sports fan to get pissed at officiating, but don't encourage fans assaulting the zebras with debris. You know with how batshit insane the world is nowadays, it can lead to some dumbass storming the field to attack somebody.

Besides, both he and McCarthy should have ran it out of bounds to kill the clock. That's basic clock management right there.

Fantastic Member

Can someone enlighten me about how the Titans beat out the Chiefs for the #1 seed? I’m drawing a blank in my memory.

All I am hearing this morning is how Dallas blew it with that screw up on the last play. Even if Zak had been able to spike the ball, they would need a Hail Mary TD from the 25 yard line with no time left. People are talking like they would have scored when the odds are SF would stop them.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    All I am hearing this morning is how Dallas blew it with that screw up on the last play. Even if Zak had been able to spike the ball, they would need a Hail Mary TD from the 25 yard line with no time left. People are talking like they would have scored when the odds are SF would stop them.
    Chances are they would not have scored at all. But they would have had a better shot at throwing from the 25 then the 40. But the fact that the fans and coach are talking like the Cowboys deserved to win that game. Blows my mind. 14 flags thrown on them, one of which brought back a 30 yard play.

The whole game for the Cowboys was a mess. The 9ers were not much better. But I dont get the sense of Entitlement that Cowboys fans seem to have. Drives me freaken nuts.