Page 125 of 234 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3509

[QUOTE=Kirby101;5832331]A tale of two conferences. In the NFC. the division leaders are playing for a by week and home field, The Cowboys, Cardinals, Packers and Bucs look to be the top teams. (of course there can always be an unexpected change)
    But in the AFC, the Pats, Chiefs, Ravens and Titans lead their divisions, but by no means are assured to keep it.
    And who would have picked the Pats as the #1 seed? Must hand it to Belichik.[/QUOTE]

I didnt think it. I will be honest I wrote Bill B off. Put it all on Brady. But with a Rookie QB he has his team as the #1 seed. I have to admit I was wrong there. At least for this season.

And the great thing is Jones is building his stats so he can go to the Bucs in ten years when Brady retires at last

But lets be real on the Cowboys. They are not as good as their leading a division says. They play in a very bad division and they are worried about winning it.
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-29-2021 at 09:27 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mike McCarthy is the latest Cowboy coach to test positive for COVID and will miss Thursday nights game. Could it possibly be addition by subtraction? Will the Cowboys stumble into a game where they get good decisions and clock management by the person making the calls this season because McCarthy isn't there?

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Mike McCarthy is the latest Cowboy coach to test positive for COVID and will miss Thursday nights game. Could it possibly be addition by subtraction? Will the Cowboys stumble into a game where they get good decisions and clock management by the person making the calls this season because McCarthy isn't there?

-M
    I hope he is okay and recovers quickly. But to be honest this can only be a good thing for Dallas.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Giants 13, Eagles 7

After torching the Saints for 40 last week, the Birds **** the bed today. Four turnovers, a costly penalty that wiped out a first half touchdown, the offense just couldn’t do a damn thing. Kudos to the Giants who played out of their minds on defense and made Jalen Hurts look impotent for most of the day. A golden opportunity to climb to .500, and inch to a game behind Dallas was lost. Frustrating!
    At least the Philadelphia Union won their playoff game.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    At least the Philadelphia Union won their playoff game.
    The Union were the ONLY Philadelphia team to win over the weekend. The Sixers lost in double overtime to Minnesota Saturday night, while the Flyers were curbstomped by New Jersey on Sunday after the Eagles screwed the pooch.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Got an alert that Christian McCaffrey is done for the season due to an ankle injury.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    You would think, but the Rams have been doing this for the last 3 seasons.

Anyways I think a big part of this is that Stafford is better than Goff, but he's still not a bigtime winner and he just doesn't show up in big moments against good teams. So they are still kinda where they were with Goff despite some better passing stats. Also McVay is good at gameplanning, but he can't adjust when his team is getting punched in the mouth. He either wins with his gameplan or he just watches it fall apart.
    Yep. Stafford is better than Goff, but that's not exactly a super high bar. He really screwed the pooch and panicked a few games ago with that crappy interception toss to the end zone. This does not bode well for him in situations with real pressure, like a championship game.

As many know I am absolutely ok with those deals for veterans rather than draft picks. But lately its been feeling that the Rams are more flailing about with their trades than moving forward with an actual feasible plan to create a good team. They are reminding me of how a lot of people with little actual sports knowledge play fantasy games which, trust me, is not a good thing. But it pretty much is an LA thing!
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-29-2021 at 01:11 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert that Christian McCaffrey is done for the season due to an ankle injury.
    Panthers are f***ed. It sure was worth it to have a Cam Newton homecoming, eh?

P.J. Walker still hasn't lost a game as a starter, incidentally.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    A tale of two conferences. In the NFC. the division leaders are playing for a by week and home field, The Cowboys, Cardinals, Packers and Bucs look to be the top teams. (of course there can always be an unexpected change)
    But in the AFC, the Pats, Chiefs, Ravens and Titans lead their divisions, but by no means are assured to keep it.
    And who would have picked the Pats as the #1 seed? Must hand it to Belichik.
    I was thinking the ceiling for the Patriots was sneaking in as a one-and-done wild card, unless they got lucky and drew a pretender as their first opponent. Being in place to not only win the division, but have a shot at a playoff bye is almost baffling, especially after trading away what everyone thought was the best player in the secondary, if not the entire defense.

They might still have to settle for a wild card spot (the Bills have been pretty good and could still wake back up), but I was wrong to think of it as the best they could hope for this as year.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I was thinking the ceiling for the Patriots was sneaking in as a one-and-done wild card, unless they got lucky and drew a pretender as their first opponent. Being in place to not only win the division, but have a shot at a playoff bye is almost baffling, especially after trading away what everyone thought was the best player in the secondary, if not the entire defense.

They might still have to settle for a wild card spot (the Bills have been pretty good and could still wake back up), but I was wrong to think of it as the best they could hope for this as year.
    The AFC is wide open, primarily due to injuries to favored teams, but the Bills and Chiefs seem more like they've just underwhelmed at stretches.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The AFC is wide open, primarily due to injuries to favored teams, but the Bills and Chiefs seem more like they've just underwhelmed at stretches.
    The Bills and Chiefs have more "problems" than the Patriots FWIW. They have been consistent while the Pats keep getting better. And Gilmore hasn't produced much prior to and since leaving, so looks like Darth Hoodie strikes again with a killer trade.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Panthers are f***ed. It sure was worth it to have a Cam Newton homecoming, eh?

P.J. Walker still hasn't lost a game as a starter, incidentally.
    No McCaffrey, and Cam’s a shot fighter. If the Panthers fall out of contention, and they probably will, does head coach Matt Rhule get the itch to return to college?

Just got an alert that Jalen Hurts is iffy for this coming Sunday’s return to the Meadowlands to face the Jets due to an injured ankle. Barring a clean bill of health, Eagles fans could be seeing Gardner Minshew starting.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The Bills and Chiefs have more "problems" than the Patriots FWIW. They have been consistent while the Pats keep getting better. And Gilmore hasn't produced much prior to and since leaving, so looks like Darth Hoodie strikes again with a killer trade.
    Bill has always worked on the theory that it is better to cut ties to early than too late. Plus the needed cap space he got by sending Gilmore away has helped the team as well.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Bill has always worked on the theory that it is better to cut ties to early than too late. Plus the needed cap space he got by sending Gilmore away has helped the team as well.
    Yes, that cap was needed. Even if Gilmore was playing shutdown ball, it was worth it for that reason alone. Plus, JC Jackson is playing out of his mind this year.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium