Page 134 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3509

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, they do get Arizona next Monday.

And if LA wins that game, it closes the gap quite a bit.
    Rams, even coming in as a favorite, got stomped by the Cards earlier in the year. But the Rams always do better on the road, for some odd reason, and being the underdog will help them out psychologically. So I think at the very least it will be a very close game.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    60 MPH swirling wind gusts predicted for tonight's MNF.

Probably no FGs or deep passes!
    This is going to be one of those games that will remind me why ever considering a move to upstate New York is a bad idea.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

That means we could be looking at a low score, say, first team to 20 wins, and that’s a generous estimate.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

This is going to be one of those games that will remind me why ever considering a move to upstate New York is a bad idea.
    "The kick is wide ... right ... no left ... now it's good ... now it went in the other goal post!"

Don't both teams have kickers currently having crazy good seasons, too?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That means we could be looking at a low score, say, first team to 20 wins, and that’s a generous estimate.
    That is my thought as well. People are going to go in thinking it will be a barn burner and it will be a ground-and-pound defensive showcase. Wouldn't be the first time NE turns an offensive showcase game into a snoozefest.

(I actually like defensive games)
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-06-2021 at 01:10 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

That is my thought as well. People are going to go in thinking it will be a barn burner and it will be a ground-and-pound defensive showcase. Wouldn't be the first time NE turns an offensive showcase game into a snoozefest.

(I actually like defensive games)
    That might’ve been Darth Hoodie’s strategy even if it was dead calm in the stadium tonight. Having Mac Jones get into a shootout with Josh Allen is a fool’s errand and a battle he can’t win.

The Bills statistically are better running the ball (YPG), and stopping the run than the Patriots. I like their chances.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The Bills statistically are better running the ball (YPG), and stopping the run than the Patriots. I like their chances.
    If NE wins the coin toss expect them to take the wind over the ball.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Watched a New England punt veer hard right like it was connected to a wire and somebody pulled it. Went all of 15 yards. This is gonna be a long night for kickers.

Watched a New England punt veer hard right like it was connected to a wire and somebody pulled it. Went all of 15 yards. This is gonna be a long night for kickers.
    I remember watching a MNF in Chicago back in '94... Packers/Bears... and Chicago lost against Favre and crew in those wild conditions. HOWEVER...

The wind was enough that I saw a punt go up... and had its momentum altered so that it looked like it traveled about 20 yards... then the wind stopped it at that point and started blowing it back towards the line of scrimmage so the final distance the punt traveled was 9 yards. Like, YOU COULD SEE IT alter its path in the hangtime. Looked like something out of a Worms Armageddon video game.

My memory's pretty good... this video has the punt I'm thinking of at about the 9:35 mark of this video.

This game... so nuts. Brett Favre had no passes completed in the first half, there were no passing yards for Green Bay... yet they led 14-0 because Erik Kramer and the Bears kept turning it over. Bryce Paup was having a career day. If you loved terrible weather games, this was one for the ages.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 12-06-2021 at 07:54 PM.

I remember watching a MNF in Chicago back in '94... Packers/Bears... and Chicago lost against Favre and crew in those wild conditions. HOWEVER...

The wind was enough that I saw a punt go up... and had its momentum altered so that it looked like it traveled about 20 yards... then the wind stopped it at that point and started blowing it back towards the line of scrimmage so the final distance the punt traveled was 9 yards. Like, YOU COULD SEE IT alter its path in the hangtime. Looked like something out of a Worms Armageddon video game.

My memory's pretty good... this video has the punt I'm thinking of at about the 9:35 mark of this video.

This game... so nuts. Brett Favre had no passes completed in the first half, there were no passing yards for Green Bay... yet they led 14-0 because Erik Kramer and the Bears kept turning it over. Bryce Paup was having a career day. If you loved terrible weather games, this was one for the ages.
    Worse than the infamous Fog Bowl, also in Chicago back in the day?

Worse than the infamous Fog Bowl, also in Chicago back in the day?
    Maybe not worse than that. The Fog Bowl you couldn't see more than a few yards, so passes were impossible, fans saw almost nothing, and... hell, picture you're a safety and you have to creep to the line of scrimmage because you can't see what's even happening in the opposing backfield. You have to stay close to have any idea where the ball carrier is.

HELL YES. I found the NFL Films review of it on Youtube. The Sabols working their magic with game footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq9U1BXdC1w

How can the Bills not stop the run when they know it's a run every time.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How can the Bills not stop the run when they know it's a run every time.
    Basically team is wore down perhaps. It happens , a team can impose its will and weaken the other one.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Basically team is wore down perhaps. It happens , a team can impose its will and weaken the other one.
    They didn't wear them down, they were running at will from the first qtr.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Bills are 1-4 against teams with a winning record this season.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Mac Jones was on full display tonight in a great performance I never imagined I'd see. At one point he took over the game by ....throwing 3 total passes tonight !

This reminds me of this game back in 90s where it was a rain storm so bad KC basically ran the ball and used defense to kill Ryan Leaf . (This game seemed to decimate his career as he never recovered)

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.