Page 60 of 234 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

This game.. What can you say about it. The Pats letting the Cowboys get 24 yards on 2nd and 25 so they can get a FG! Good Gosh!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

29-29 here we go
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Media: Will the Raiders be able to play this week?

The Raiders:
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Pats just let the Cowboys walk down the field and win the game.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Wow! Talk about a backbreaker. And Dallas has now won five straight.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Here's a task: find the last game when Collinsworth didn't say "RPO" during the broadcast.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Here's a task: find the last game when Collinsworth didn't say "RPO" during the broadcast.
    You and your Urban legends!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I wouldn't know. I haven't watched a game with him in the broadcast booth where I haven't had it on mute in years...

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

He said RPO!

DRINK!
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Dak Prescott was in a walking boot after the game with an unspecified calf injury after landing wrong on the TD pass in OT. Cowboys have the bye next week, so if it's not serious, Dak could be good to go for the Cowboys next game, but if it's anything like the calf strain Michael Gallup had for them, he could miss some time. MRI scheduled for tomorrow. Dak seems to think it's nothing to worry about and that he could have kept playing on it if they hadn't scored the TD on that play. The Cowboys better pray he's right, they aren't going anywhere without a healthy Dak.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Wow! Talk about a backbreaker. And Dallas has now won five straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Dak Prescott was in a walking boot after the game with an unspecified calf injury after landing wrong on the TD pass in OT. Cowboys have the bye next week, so if it's not serious, Dak could be good to go for the Cowboys next game, but if it's anything like the calf strain Michael Gallup had for them, he could miss some time. MRI scheduled for tomorrow. Dak seems to think it's nothing to worry about and that he could have kept playing on it if they hadn't scored the TD on that play. The Cowboys better pray he's right, they aren't going anywhere without a healthy Dak.

-M
    MRP summed it up nicely here. Without Dak, Dallas is dead in the water.

Some fallout for the Browns, who were a trendy Super Bowl pick in preseason... Baker Mayfield injured his shoulder, it may be dislocated. Kareem Hunt has a calf injury as well, but did not tear his Achilles tendon. They're at 3-3, and are going to get a pissed off Broncos team coming to town next week. If they're healthy enough, they might get right, but they're not getting an easy defense to help Mayfield bounce back after a rough outing if he's already dinged up.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    MRP summed it up nicely here. Without Dak, Dallas is dead in the water.
    Yeah, we all saw that last year as the corpse of Andy Dalton and a couple of other scrubs spun their wheels in quicksand, resulting in a lost season for Dallas after Prescott was lost to injury.

So, Vegas came up big in the aftermath of the Jon Gruden mess to beat Denver. Was that a sign of good things to come for the Raiders, or a dead cat bounce? Unfortunately, my Eagles will be the guinea pig tasked with learning the answer to that question when they visit Sin City this coming Sunday.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-18-2021 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    So, Vegas came up big in the aftermath of the Jon Gruden mess to beat Denver. Was that a sign of good things to come for the Raiders, or a dead cat bounce? Unfortunately, my Eagles will be the guinea pig tasked with learning the answer to that question when they visit Sin City this coming Sunday.
    I think the Broncos starting 3-0 but all three wins against winless teams was an illusion. I just don't think they're very good.

Raiders are a Wild Card team, at best. I don't see them winning that division. If KC gets their defense in order, and the Chargers are gonna be near the top all year... I think they have some damned fine WRs, Darren Waller is a Pro-Bowl TE, and their defensive line is exceeding expectations as far as pass rush goes (not so good against the run)... I just don't think that Vegas has enough to really be an elite team. Top 10, maybe, but not Top 5 in the league.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

All-Star offensive lineman Lane Johnson, missing from the Eagles for the last two weeks returned to the team today. It's been revealed that the reason for Johnson's absence was because he had been dealing with a bout of anxiety and depression. It's situations like this that remind us that even behemoth football players, looked upon as rock solid titans can be every bit as fragile emotionally and psychologically as the rest of the populace.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-18-2021 at 06:38 AM.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I have to work today and while I don't expect I'll be released early I won't mind because I can still see portions of the Bills vs Titans game on a Tv in the Bar Area. I work at Texas Roaadhouse.

My Bills Titans game prediction is the Titans played a great game to defeat a terrific Bills team 31-27 in an amazing high-scoring competitive game. The Titans score points in the first half so they don't need a great 2nd half comeback to make the game close which they needed vs a terrific Cardinals team, the Titans win TOP because Derrick Henry has a great game running for more than 118 yards and 2 touchdowns, Tannehill has 2 touchdowns and plays successful as a game manager, also the Titans defense has to defend Allen and the Bills high scoring offense less time because of the Titans winning TOP because they succeed at running the football with Derrick the Locomotive Henry, and the Titans win the turnover battle.
    Last edited by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon; 10-18-2021 at 10:19 AM.