Page 209 of 234 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3509
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Eagles Guard Brandon Brooks retired today after ten seasons in the league.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, if the Bears are stupid enough to hire Quinn, then they’d damn sure better bring in an offensive mind to develop Justin Fields, because Quinn, as a defensive coach, won’t know what to do with the kid.
    Really the Bears should look at Kellen Moore or Doug Pederson to help develop Fields. Because they need to get Fields up to speed offensively.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

3 new GMs today.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Well the NY Giants are f-cked. The new GM and one of Mara's basically have said they are backing Daniel Jones at QB. With these statements....

https://www.nfl.com/news/giants-gm-j...deshaun-watson

Joe Scheon on Daniel Jones....

"I've looked at Daniel. Once the new staff gets in here, we're going to get together -- offensive coordinator, head coach, the entire staff -- dive into the film as a group and look at what Daniel does best and we're going to try to allow him to put his best foot forward," Schoen said of Jones, who was in attendance at the news conference. "I've looked at him. I wasn't here in the past, so I don't exactly know what he was told to do, but I do know this: I know he's a great kid. He's been in this building the last two days. I've talked to him. There's not anybody in this building that's said a bad word about his work ethic, passion, desire to win, and I think you've got to have those traits as a quarterback. The kid has physical ability. He's got arm strength, he's athletic, he can run. I'm really excited to work with Daniel.

"Again, when the new staff gets in here, we'll build an offense around Daniel to accentuate what he does best."

John Mara sharing the delusion ....

"We've done everything possible to screw this kid up,"

Just what is there ? I can't see it . The guy has fumbled and threw Ints all 3 seasons and was on pace for a 50+ turnover himself ratio by the end of 2021. Til he missed the final 2-3 games. Its one of those ...what the f-ck is the Giants smoking in that building ? Jones may have flashed some ability sure but its not been enough to justify setting the organization back another year while you play the "We believe in him..." game.

And knowing how insane this team seems to be ran expect them to pick up his 5th year option as well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well the NY Giants are f-cked. The new GM and one of Mara's basically have said they are backing Daniel Jones at QB. With these statements....

Just what is there ? I can't see it . The guy has fumbled and threw Ints all 3 seasons and was on pace for a 50+ turnover himself ratio by the end of 2021. Til he missed the final 2-3 games. Its one of those ...what the f-ck is the Giants smoking in that building ? Jones may have flashed some ability sure but its not been enough to justify setting the organization back another year while you play the "We believe in him..." game.

And knowing how insane this team seems to be ran expect them to pick up his 5th year option as well.
    My uneducated guess: the Maras are unwilling to admit they screwed up when they picked Jones, and told the new GM to straighten him out.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Well this is not the year to be looking for a QB in the off-season. There are not a lot of great free-agent options and it's a QB thin draft. If you are a new GM or coach and your options are inherit the project you have and work on it or draft a project, I'd keep the project I have and use the draft capital to build my team elsewhere where there is talent in the draft. If it works out, great, if not, you use next offseason, where there are better FA and draft options at QB to address your QB and in the meantime you have improved your team at other positions. Teams that constantly cycle at QB looking for the answer and expecting the QB alone to turn around the team are the ones that consistently draft high and never improve (hello Jets and Jags). If you are a new GM, your job is to assess what you have and what is available and make the best decision for the growth of the team, not get a new QB because that's what fans, media and everyone who doesn't really know football focuses on.

Is Jones the answer-probably not. Is wasting a pick or free agent money and cap space on one of the free agent options out there going to make the Giants a contender or even better-probably not. So spend that money and draft capital on things that will make the Giants a better team overall and one that can be a contender once the QB situation is resolved. Giants have a lot of other needs besides QB and addressing QB without addressing those will just result in continuing the string of losing seasons the Giants have had. The Giants are thin everywhere. Even the positions they have some talent, they have no depth and are very susceptible to injuries derailing their season. They need to address the roster top to bottom. not waste resources chasing a QB who isn't there to be had this offseason.

I don't think they are sticking with Jones because they believe he will turn around, I think they re sticking with him because they realize there aren't any better options out there this offseason that won't waste the teams resources or draft capital. And anything they say about Jones to dress it up is just spin to placate fans until they can address the QB situation successfully.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

BANNED

I unchecked my quote because MRP said pretty much all I was going to say, other than to add there are some really great O-line prospects and pass rushers early in the draft and they have a chance to get one of each with two decent picks. Both Jersey teams do. I'd probably grab a RB in the 2nd or 3rd, but their receivers are good when healthy and they have some good defensive pieces already.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Well this is not the year to be looking for a QB in the off-season. There are not a lot of great free-agent options and it's a QB thin draft. If you are a new GM or coach and your options are inherit the project you have and work on it or draft a project, I'd keep the project I have and use the draft capital to build my team elsewhere where there is talent in the draft. If it works out, great, if not, you use next offseason, where there are better FA and draft options at QB to address your QB and in the meantime you have improved your team at other positions. Teams that constantly cycle at QB looking for the answer and expecting the QB alone to turn around the team are the ones that consistently draft high and never improve (hello Jets and Jags). If you are a new GM, your job is to assess what you have and what is available and make the best decision for the growth of the team, not get a new QB because that's what fans, media and everyone who doesn't really know football focuses on.

Is Jones the answer-probably not. Is wasting a pick or free agent money and cap space on one of the free agent options out there going to make the Giants a contender or even better-probably not. So spend that money and draft capital on things that will make the Giants a better team overall and one that can be a contender once the QB situation is resolved. Giants have a lot of other needs besides QB and addressing QB without addressing those will just result in continuing the string of losing seasons the Giants have had. The Giants are thin everywhere. Even the positions they have some talent, they have no depth and are very susceptible to injuries derailing their season. They need to address the roster top to bottom. not waste resources chasing a QB who isn't there to be had this offseason.

I don't think they are sticking with Jones because they believe he will turn around, I think they re sticking with him because they realize there aren't any better options out there this offseason that won't waste the teams resources or draft capital. And anything they say about Jones to dress it up is just spin to placate fans until they can address the QB situation successfully.

-M
    Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I unchecked my quote because MRP said pretty much all I was going to say, other than to add there are some really great O-line prospects and pass rushers early in the draft and they have a chance to get one of each with two decent picks. Both Jersey teams do. I'd probably grab a RB in the 2nd or 3rd, but their receivers are good when healthy and they have some good defensive pieces already.
    With the Giants they have the RB's , the WR's and a number of offensive linemen set right now. They need a Tackle or Guard ..possibly to draft. But the team honestly has issues and biggest one is again...a QB who has 50+ turnovers in close to 3 seasons of play. They could have the greatest offensive line in history like The Hogs or the Cowboys line from the 1990s and if your QB is turning the ball over with fumbles and Ints , your not gonna go far.

They honestly need a veteran QB on the market. One who won't turn over the ball a lot. Yes I agree not trading for Watson is wise given his legal issues. But there will be a number of free agent veteran QB's to hold the job awhile til you can get under the cap in 2023 and possibly draft another one if You believe in it.

These are the veteran QB's who can be brought in cheap and upgrade over what is there in 2022.

- Tyrod Taylor
    - Chad Henne
    - Jacoby Brisset
    - Chase Daniel
    - Teddy Bridgewater

Personally I'd sign Chase Daniel on a cheap deal and bring him in. Because A) He's a veteran QB who has played well when called upon. B) He can scramble and buy time as the offensive line your trying to jell builds. C) He can be that veteran to help teach the next QB you draft in 2023 (or maybe in 2022 mid rds). That bridge QB your team needs.

But lets be clear there is cheap veterans out there to bring in on one year or 2 year deals. Daniel has made a very solid career being that key backup. There has to be an upgrade at a position where your starting QB is a fumbling machine and you wonder if each play will be a turnover at this point.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 01-26-2022 at 08:53 PM.

NFL News...

- A Year after the New Orleans Saints entered 2021 with being $100+ million over the salary cap , this season the Saints now enter the 2022 off season $74+ million over the cap ! How insane is this ? The Saints during the season handed Taysom Hill a $40+ million contract with $21+ million guaranteed weeks ago. Now the Saints are deep in salary cap hell which makes you question why they did that.

There is going to likely be trades and roster cuts ahead for expensive players like Michael Thomas , Cameron Jordan , DeMario Davis , Alvin Kamara , Malcolm Jenkins , and Bradley Roby could all be moved this season to cut cap space and rebuild.

- A report yesterday claimed that Arizona Cardinals owner Michael Bidwell had been so angry over the Cardinals loss in the playoffs he was not gonna pay the coaches bonus pay for making the playoffs. This has been deemed false as NBC Sports reports the checks are being issued to coaching staff for this.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-being-issued/

A reason this became a story is likely due to the history of Bill Bidwell who has a reputation as a cheap owner and it may have spread here.

Ultimate Member

I know it won't happen, as I think that the Bills need a bruising running back with some speed but just think of Kamara in the Buffalo backfield, he'd fit right in...

The big talk right now is that Nathaniel Hackett the OC of the Packers is going to be the new head coach in Denver. This is fueling a lot of rumors that Rodgers will join him as the Denver QB.

Dont know how much truth there is to this rumor but there is some small talk that Rodgers made a quick call to the Broncos Management to vouch for Hackett and told the Broncos he is the man for the job.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-27-2022 at 07:09 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Big Ben makes it official and retires from the NFl.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The big talk right now is that Nathaniel Hackett the OC of the Packers is going to be the new head coach in Denver. This is fueling a lot of rumors that Rodgers will join him as the Denver QB.

Dont know how much truth there is to this rumor but there is some small talk that Rodgers made a quick call to the Broncos Management to vouch for Hackett and told the Broncos he is the man for the job.
    So Denver is looking to continue to be the place where old QBs go to die looking for one last hurrah.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Just heard that the Bears hired Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus as their new head coach.

Dan Quinn has announced he is taking his name out of the hat for any head coaching jobs and is staying with Dallas.