Page 210 of 234 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3509
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Steelers , Broncos , Panthers , Washington , Raiders , and Colts should be teams to watch in the Rodgers sweepstakes ahead. Green Bay could play hardball with Rodgers and really punish him for his crying and actions the last season or 2. The team will likely look at the best trades and draft picks to get for this guy. I would...and if he throws a fit , then he can go f-ck himself.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Dan Quinn has announced he is taking his name out of the hat for any head coaching jobs and is staying with Dallas.
    Well he's still getting paid to be the Falcons head coach and getting paid to be the Dallas DC, so he can afford to be choosy and wait for the position he wants at the salary he wants.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The big question is ...would a team send draft picks for a QB who turns 39 next season ? Rodgers turns 39 and unlike Tom Brady , can he logically play as great in his 40's ? How many seasons will you get from Aaron ? How badly will he act out as usual ? Do you want a guy who believes in the BIG LIE right now on your roster and anti-vaccine dude ?

This isn't as easy as trading for Russell Wilson who is gonna be 33 and you can get 7-8 seasons left with him and Wilson isn't a distraction off the field as much as Rodgers. And both men have won , 1 Super Bowl in that span !

Also as posted Green Bay could just say , f-ck it and make him sit pouting for 2 more seasons. There is 2 seasons left on Rodgers deal right now through 2023. So Aaron is in a spot where he has little power.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I wouldnt roll the dice on Rodgers. Even if his off field stuff was not a crack pit of crazy what does he really give a team? He has proven time and time again that he is a me first guy. Has no loyalty to a team, if things dont go 100 percent his way he will pout and whine and blame everyone else. And chances are he is not going to give a team a deep run in the playoffs. I mean he couldnt even put up more then ten at home vs the 9ers! He has proven time and time again he can not win big games. 1 ring? Great good for him. What in the world has he done since?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Well when the Colts let go of Manning, they knew they had Andrew Luck coming in. But is there a replacement for Rodgers out there for Green Bay? Jordan Love just isn't ready to go yet so, but I think he's going to be kept on as their QB of the future for now at least. So if anything, Green Bay is even more in the situation than Denver where they still need that veteran around and so we can expect Green Bay to play hardball and hold on to Rodgers until they at least figure out how to swap him out for a new veteran QB who can take Love under his wing.

Green Bay also has some cap issues to consider though - even with the cap going up significantly in 2022. And they have guys becoming free agents, like Devante Adams for one. They are not in rebuild mode yet, but if they blow things up then they will be.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-27-2022 at 01:04 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well when the Colts let go of Manning, they knew they had Andrew Luck coming in. But is there a replacement for Rodgers out there for Green Bay? Jordan Love just isn't ready to go yet so, if anything, Green Bay is even more in the situation than Denver where they still need that veteran around. So yes I do expect Green Bay to play hardball and hold on to Rodgers until they at least figure out a new veteran QB who can take Love under his wing.

Green Bay also has some cap issues to consider - even with the cap going up significantly in 2022. And they have guys becoming free agents, like Devante Adams for one.

Love has only started 1 game and that was on short notice. Its hard to say "he's not ready" given what we saw happen. Its a lot like how Rodgers was an unknown heading into 2008. Til he started and showed what he could do fully. The same situation is there with Love.

Work with Love in the off season, (From what I hear they have not done a lot of work with Love. because every time Love even looked at a football Rodgers got pissy.) Maybe find a mentor QB for him. Some one who has been around the league and help him develop in the next couple seasons. Rodgers did not help him in the least and treated him like crap. I would roll the dice on Love. If I was Green bay I would say to Hell with Rodgers. They gave him everything he wanted and what did he give them? 10 points at home and a one and done. That of course is not his fault just ask him.

No I would be done with the Rodgers drama. I would man up and tell the fans. Things are going to be slim for a season or two but we are moving on. its not like Rodgers has done anything in the post season for us anyway. Wont win a Super Bowl with Love? Not like they are winning them with Rodgers.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Love has only started 1 game and that was on short notice. Its hard to say "he's not ready" given what we saw happen. Its a lot like how Rodgers was an unknown heading into 2008. Til he started and showed what he could do fully. The same situation is there with Love.
    Well Matt LaFleur very recently said that Love wasn't ready, in not so many words. It could be posturing in order to play head games with Rodgers, who knows.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-27-2022 at 01:24 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I'm sure coaches were working with Love in preseason and practice. Its just...he needs game time and learn that way. Alex Smith did everything in his final season in KC to get Mahomes ready. So they need a veteran to be alongside Love here while he learns the ropes starting. Will he have bumps along the way , yeah he will. But they can get a Chad Henne or Ryan Fitzpatrick to be that backup veteran who helps him.

I'm sure coaches were working with Love in preseason and practice. Its just...he needs game time and learn that way. Alex Smith did everything in his final season in KC to get Mahomes ready. So they need a veteran to be alongside Love here while he learns the ropes starting. Will he have bumps along the way , yeah he will. But they can get a Chad Henne or Ryan Fitzpatrick to be that backup veteran who helps him.
    They did work with him. but I wonder how much real effort they gave to it because Rodgers was pissed at them working with Love on anything. I mean the guy barely would say anything to love in QB meetings, if he a coach working with Love even in practice he would go but in a disrupt it from time to time. Rodgers would not let them do a lot with Love even in preseason and practice form the things I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Well he's still getting paid to be the Falcons head coach and getting paid to be the Dallas DC, so he can afford to be choosy and wait for the position he wants at the salary he wants.

-M
    This is very true. I also wonder if maybe there was a private talk between him and Jerry. Along the lines of Mike M is on the shortest of leashes. Give it a year tops and you will most likely have his job.

It just seems odd that a guy who has interviewed with many teams and more then once would just take his name out of the hat like that. He wants to be a head coach again. He has said it many times.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    This is very true. I also wonder if maybe there was a private talk between him and Jerry. Along the lines of Mike M is on the shortest of leashes. Give it a year tops and you will most likely have his job.

It just seems odd that a guy who has interviewed with many teams and more then once would just take his name out of the hat like that. He wants to be a head coach again. He has said it many times.
    Jerry has been known to give raises or bonuses to coordinators who are being courted for HC positions that he wants to keep as well. Same with personnel people. Will McClay, while not the GM is responsible for most of the Cowboys draft success and FA moves, and has been courted by other teams to be GM, but Jerry keeps him happy and in Dallas. I'm not sure he promised Quinn a HC position (I think he's eyeing Kellen Moore for that is he can keep Moore), but I am sure Jerry sweetened the pot after teams started asking to interview Quinn.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The big question is ...would a team send draft picks for a QB who turns 39 next season ? Rodgers turns 39 and unlike Tom Brady , can he logically play as great in his 40's ? How many seasons will you get from Aaron ? How badly will he act out as usual ? Do you want a guy who believes in the BIG LIE right now on your roster and anti-vaccine dude ?

This isn't as easy as trading for Russell Wilson who is gonna be 33 and you can get 7-8 seasons left with him and Wilson isn't a distraction off the field as much as Rodgers. And both men have won , 1 Super Bowl in that span !

Also as posted Green Bay could just say , f-ck it and make him sit pouting for 2 more seasons. There is 2 seasons left on Rodgers deal right now through 2023. So Aaron is in a spot where he has little power.
    The Broncos are that desperate for a QB. They did it for Peyton Manning, they'll do it for Rodgers. And hey, they're also really s***ty about enforcing Covid-19 rules, so he'll fit right in.

They have 12 draft picks to swing that trade, and Rodgers would likely be amenable to going there now that the Broncos hired the OC he's been working with the past 3 years in Green Bay as their new head coach.

Denver's the front runner in the sweepstakes right now, hands down.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I 100 percent love Cooper Manning. No one in sports has made a better job of being a hanger on and using his famous brother for a career as Cooper. If Payton was not around no one would even remember Cooper's name.

When Cooper goes to a bar and asks a woman if he can buy her a drink his pick up line is
    "Hi Im Cooper Manning Payton's Manning's brother can I buy you a drink?" I promise if he just says "I'm Copper Manning can I buy you a drink?" he gets laughed at.

"Hey Honey how about Payton's first Super Bowl Ring buy you dinner and his second will get us a room."

He is a hanger on and I respect the Hell out of him for it because I would do the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Broncos are that desperate for a QB. They did it for Peyton Manning, they'll do it for Rodgers. And hey, they're also really s***ty about enforcing Covid-19 rules, so he'll fit right in.

They have 12 draft picks to swing that trade, and Rodgers would likely be amenable to going there now that the Broncos hired the OC he's been working with the past 3 years in Green Bay as their new head coach.

Denver's the front runner in the sweepstakes right now, hands down.
    I would love to see Rodgers go to Denver. Watch him get slapped around twice a year by KC and Maholmes. Where do I sign up for that!
    He cant win the NFC and get to the Super Bowl. Why does he think he can win the AFC and go to the Super Bowl with the good teams here and the QB talent a lot of these teams have that the NFC does not have.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-28-2022 at 08:13 PM.