Page 130 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 3509

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    I thought this year was going to be different for my Cowboys.
    They looked exactly like what they were this week-a team playing it's third game in 12 days, missing a third of its coaching staff including both offensive line coaches, with several star players returning from injury not being in game shape (Lamb, Cooper, Lawrence) and not having full practices with the coaching staff to get caught up to speed with the game plan, and their star running back playing on one knee. They got lucky playing a team more devastated than they were and still trying to find answers and an identity at QB, so they came out with a road win in a tough stadium. I don't think they are true Super Bowl contenders, but I do think they are better than one and done in the playoffs if they can get their act together for the stretch. If they can seal the division against the Giants and WFT the next few weeks, they can rest Elliot and others and be ready for the playoffs. If they can't gel with everyone back, and Kellen Moore cannot find a way to balance to offense and take some time off the clock when they have the ball to give the defense a fighting chance in key games, then they will do what they have done for years and fall short.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 12-04-2021 at 12:52 AM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    They looked exactly like what they were this week-a team playing it's third game in 12 days, missing a third of its coaching staff including both offensive line coaches, with several star players returning from injury not being in game shape (Lamb, Cooper, Lawrence) and not having full practices with the coaching staff to get caught up to speed with the game plan, and their star running back playing on one knee. They got lucking playing a team more devastated than they were and still trying to find answers and an identity at QB, so they came out with a road win in a tough stadium. I don't think they are true Super Bowl contenders, but I do think they are better than one and done in the playoffs if they can get their act together for the stretch. If they can seal the division against the Giants and WFT the next few weeks, they can rest Elliot and others and be ready for the playoffs. If they can't gel with everyone back, and Kellen Moore cannot find a way to balance to offense and take some time off the clock when they have the ball to give the defense a fighting chance in key games, then they will do what they have done for years and fall short.

-M
    That's a really good objective assessment of the Cowboys MRP... The game last night and overall.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Buccaneers' Bruce Arians won't address futures of Antonio Brown, Mike Edwards until suspensions over

Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians has made no decisions on the futures of wide receiver Antonio Brown and safety Mike Edwards and has no plans to address the players' situations further until they return from their three-game suspensions for violation of NFL/NFL Players Association COVID-19 protocols.

"Obviously we have two guys suspended," Arians began his news conference Friday. "The league did their due diligence and we move on. I will not address those guys for the next three weeks. They'll just be working out and we'll address their future at that time. Other than that, there's really nothing to say."

Arians' comments come a day after Brown, Edwards and free-agent wide receiver John Franklin III, a former Buccaneer, were issued their suspensions as a result of a review finding all three misrepresented their vaccination status.

The suspensions take effect immediately with Brown and Edwards eligible to return to Tampa Bay for the team's Week 16 game against the Panthers on Dec. 26.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Reports are surfacing that Ben Rothlisberger has told family, friends, former teammates and some members of the Steelers organization that this is likely his last season. He's made no public statement to that effect though. Not shocking, but not necessarily a foregone conclusion either.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Reports are surfacing that Ben Rothlisberger has told family, friends, former teammates and some members of the Steelers organization that this is likely his last season. He's made no public statement to that effect though. Not shocking, but not necessarily a foregone conclusion either.

-M
    If this story is true, who’s the heir apparent? Mason Rudolph? UGH! Dwayne Haskins? WOOF! With the 2022 draft class said to be weak at quarterback, Pittsburgh’s only other option would be to trade for a passer, but who? Russell Wilson? Deshaun Watson? The Steelers made a royal hash to this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If this story is true, who’s the heir apparent? Mason Rudolph? UGH! Dwayne Haskins? WOOF! With the 2022 draft class said to be weak at quarterback, Pittsburgh’s only other option would be to trade for a passer, but who? Russell Wilson? Deshaun Watson? The Steelers made a royal hash to this situation.
    They very much did. They should have traded up last draft and tried to get a QB to replace Ben. But No they were sure Ben would go a couple more years and didnt want to have a Rodgers type thing if they drafter one. They made their Bed. As a Cincy guy I say let these punks lay in it!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    They very much did. They should have traded up last draft and tried to get a QB to replace Ben. But No they were sure Ben would go a couple more years and didnt want to have a Rodgers type thing if they drafter one. They made their Bed. As a Cincy guy I say let these punks lay in it!
    This is just my opinion, but I don’t think Roethlisberger ever came across as a thin skinned diva like Rodgers. In any event, Pittsburgh committed malfeasance by not drafting his successor.

This is just my opinion, but I don’t think Roethlisberger ever came across as a thin skinned diva like Rodgers. In any event, Pittsburgh committed malfeasance by not drafting his successor.
    He is not as thin skinned no. but he also is not great with Rudolph and Haskins. Like he does the bare minimum with them. More then Rodgers does with Love but not near what other QB's do with back ups.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Roethlisberger *is* a diva, but *not* a thin-skinned one. He’s a bit weird like that.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Roethlisberger *is* a diva, but *not* a thin-skinned one. He’s a bit weird like that.
    I would describe him as a hard-headed diva.

Mostly because of the way the motor cycle accident went down.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I picked your Eagles this week and when you shared about Hurts ... man ... I am nervous. I have a great roadmap and this one seems to be the one that will undo me!!
    Well, it's official, Beastie, Hurts is out for today's game against the Jets. You have my sympathies. Believe me, I'm none too happy about this either, with the Birds' season teetering on the brink, the dead last thing we need is a possible quarterback controversy to pop up if Gardner Minshew balls out and wins the game.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-jale...hssrp_catchall

Well, it's official, Beastie, Hurts is out for today's game against the Jets. You have my sympathies. Believe me, I'm none too happy about this either, with the Birds' season teetering on the brink, the dead last thing we need is a possible quarterback controversy to pop up if Gardner Minshew balls out and wins the game.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-jale...hssrp_catchall
    I think we are safe from having this become a thing. I mean it is Minshew after all.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think we are safe from having this become a thing. I mean it is Minshew after all.
    I’m not so sure. There are more than a few fans here who’ve NEVER been sold on Hurts from the day he was drafted and demanded Minshew replace him when he struggled early in the season, hell, some of them wish Carson Wentz were still here. ANY amount of competency from “The Mustache” this afternoon, win or lose and the controversy will blow up fast.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of Carson Wentz , once he starts today's game against the Texans and does every snap...that will get the Eagles another 1st rd pick in 2022. As part of the trade if Wentz took 75% of the snaps this season for the Colts ; the Eagles would get a 1st rd pick (instead of a 2nd). This will give Philadelphia , 3 1st rd picks in 2022.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I’m not so sure. There are more than a few fans here who’ve NEVER been sold on Hurts from the day he was drafted and demanded Minshew replace him when he struggled early in the season, hell, some of them wish Carson Wentz were still here. ANY amount of competency from “The Mustache” this afternoon, win or lose and the controversy will blow up fast.
    That is a huge problem with most teams fan base in todays NFL. If a player does not come out and be amazing day one they call him a bust and want to move on. A Qb had to play like Brady every snap, a WR has to catch every ball, a guy on defense doesnt get 5 sacks a game it is a wasted pick and time to move on. And it is not just the fan base, the talking heads and front office buy into that as well. It is very much a win now preform now no time to grow into the role.

Look at Love Vs the KC. Guy starts one game on the road vs a good team after what 2 days notice? He didnt do bad but didnt do great and every one is calling him a bust and he has to go. It is pretty head shaking at Times.