Page 64 of 124 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
Results 946 to 960 of 1856
  1. #946
    TEST YOUR MIGHT! The Big G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,754

    Default

    So if anyone wants a solid chuckle....check Tom Grossi's NFC and AFC reacts too series. They will put a smile on your face.

    Regarding a possible Watson trade...do we think Watson could turn Miami around this season for a WC spot? Assuming the Browns don't break down over the next few weeks due to injuries; there really is only one WC spot open. As of right now i see the playoff teams as Ravens, Bills, Chargers, Titans, Chiefs and Browns. The Bengals are kinda of a quiet Dark horse ATM and the Raiders are kinda of an enigma going forward (Do they keep playing well or will the lack of an actual HC finally wear them down?).
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

  2. #947
    Fantastic Member cable guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    A 1-5 team with not a snowball's chance in hell of making the playoffs acquiring a new QB with personal issues in the middle of the season to replace their first round draft pick from a year ago? Sounds like a Miami kind of thing to do.
    What a total mess the Dolphins have become. They already are giving Philly a prime 1st round pick.

  3. #948
    Fantastic Member cable guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Keenum is not that bad of a back up. I mean he has been there a couple of years and does know the system. I am just not sold on Baker at all. I mean I get he is their franchise guy. He is just not very good in my view. he is great if he has a lead. but when throwing from behind he just cant do it. Look at the QB's on his own age bracket. Jackson, Mahomes, Allen, Burrow (Who in the Long run will be much better) He is not in the top in the AFC he is not in the top in his own freaking age group. I would with out a doubt rank Mayfield as one of the lower 3rd QBs in the league.

    It is pretty telling when you ask about Baker and the first thing people say are "Man I really love those ads he does."
    I hear you, and agree with most of that about Baker. I was kinda hoping he was better.

    But I also think their done without him if he's out for a while.

  4. #949
    Astonishing Member MRP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    So if anyone wants a solid chuckle....check Tom Grossi's NFC and AFC reacts too series. They will put a smile on your face.

    Regarding a possible Watson trade...do we think Watson could turn Miami around this season for a WC spot? Assuming the Browns don't break down over the next few weeks due to injuries; there really is only one WC spot open. As of right now i see the playoff teams as Ravens, Bills, Chargers, Titans, Chiefs and Browns. The Bengals are kinda of a quiet Dark horse ATM and the Raiders are kinda of an enigma going forward (Do they keep playing well or will the lack of an actual HC finally wear them down?).
    I think the only reason Watson is not on the restricted list right now is because the NFL knows he won't see the field in Houston and are willing to let the legal issues play out before making a decision on him. If he gets traded, I am pretty sure he will go on the suspension list for conduct unbecoming of the League until the legal matters are settled. No way the league is letting him see the field, get on TV and have his story tarnish their PR after the bruises they took from other similar cases. Any team trading for him better check withthe league office before they do, or they might find they are trading for a player barred from playing and giving away resources for nada. There's no way they are letting him be on national TV with his story getting dredged up and retold every time he is on TV and bringing on the "they're letting him play after all that" criticism form all sides that will hit their bottom line in terms of sponsors, merchandising, and what not.


    -M
    Last edited by MRP; 10-20-2021 at 01:39 PM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

  5. #950
    Astonishing Member CSTowle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,208

    Default

    Trading anything for a toxic asset like Watson without some heavy assurances that his issues are fabricated (and given the amount of women involved now, that seems less and less likely) and that he'll be able to play this year, especially after Tua came back and looked good on an international stage (that loss was not on him) would be among the worst moves I've ever seen from an NFL franchise. Even as a Patriots fan I don't want to see a rival team do this to themselves.
    Formerly finfangfool

  6. #951
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    25,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I think the only reason Watson is not on the restricted list right now is because the NFL knows he won't see the field in Houston and are willing to let the legal issues play out before making a decision on him. If he gets traded, I am pretty sure he will go on the suspension list for conduct unbecoming of the League until the legal matters are settled. No way the league is letting him see the field, get on TV and have his story tarnish their PR after the bruises they took from other similar cases. Any team trading for him better check withthe league office before they do, or they might find they are trading for a player barred from playing and giving away resources for nada. There's no way they are letting him be on national TV with his story getting dredged up and retold every time he is on TV and bringing on the "they're letting him play after all that" criticism form all sides that will hit their bottom line in terms of sponsors, merchandising, and what not.


    -M
    Exactly. The dead LAST thing the league needs is the Watson mess on a nationwide stage, and yet, Miami is STILL eager to kick Tua to the curb and give up god only knows how many picks for Watson. At 1-5, the Fish are fried, why not roll with Tua for the rest of the season then look for a QB in free agency.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  7. #952
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    5,676

    Default

    I mean why are they giving up on Tua so fast? I mean yes he has had some injuries but I have never seen a team give up on a QB they drafted so fast. I mean Hell it happened during the off season. Is there some behind the scenes stuff that is not known?
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  8. #953
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    25,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I mean why are they giving up on Tua so fast? I mean yes he has had some injuries but I have never seen a team give up on a QB they drafted so fast. I mean Hell it happened during the off season. Is there some behind the scenes stuff that is not known?
    From what's floated around on studio shows on ESPN and NFL Network, it's alleged that Tua hasn't picked up the offense as well as the team thought he would, and he hasn't been the leader the team hoped for. The fact Miami is rolling the dice and willing to cripple the team long term by giving up a shitload of picks for Watson says they're making like Pontius Pilate and washing their hands of Tua.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  9. #954
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,653

    Default

    Tua played fine Sunday, he has no O line and no running game. They liost because of bad coach decisions and bad D. They have done nothing to help him become an NFL pro. The way Buffalo has with Allen. But Miami is the poster child for Why Your Team Sucks.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  10. #955
    Incredible Member InfamousBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Miami is the poster child for Why Your Team Sucks.
    That they are...that they are
    DC: Batman, Detective Comics, The Flash, Superman, Adventure Comics, Justice League, Robin, Green Lantern
    MARVEL: Avengers, Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Captain America, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Moon Knight, Miles Morales

    BRING BACK THE JSA!!!!

    The Punisher...damn I miss Frank.

  11. #956
    Extraordinary Member Deathstroke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,784

    Default

    Former NFL player Pat Studstill has passed away. After his career ended, he would segue into some acting (including appearing four times on The Dukes Of Hazzard) and he was the technical advisor on the original version of The Longest Yard.

    The University of Rhode Island is investigating a racist post targeting Miami Dolphins defensive lineman Emmanuel Ogbah. Article Link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

    Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

    "I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

  12. #957
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    25,772

    Default

    Jared Goff faces his old team this Sunday when the winless Lions travel to L.A. How bad do you think Matt Stafford and the 5-1 Rams will demolish the Lions?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  13. #958
    TEST YOUR MIGHT! The Big G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,754

    Default

    Apparently, Baker is gunna need labrum surgery. They say he can play the rest of the season, but it may further injure it.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

  14. #959
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    25,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Apparently, Baker is gunna need labrum surgery. They say he can play the rest of the season, but it may further injure it.
    The chances of doing more damage is considerable, perhaps inevitable, even if it's not this throwing shoulder. The prudent choice would be to shut him down and get the surgery done right away.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  15. #960
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    5,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The chances of doing more damage is considerable, perhaps inevitable, even if it's not this throwing shoulder. The prudent choice would be to shut him down and get the surgery done right away.
    I doubt they will go the sit him out route. They are already taking flack for losing a couple of games. And there are so many questions with Baker like should they move on in the off season etc.. So I think he will push to play and they will let him.


    Any word on Bridgewater? Is he playing tonight?
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •