Page 116 of 234 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3509
    Astonishing Member

Good lord the Bears stink. Its amazing they blew that game.

Fun stat I heard while watching the end of the Minnesota/Green Bay game...

The Vikings have at least led in the 4th quarter at some point in each of their 10 games so far. Which is impressive... yet somehow they're only 5-5 right now.

Looking at the NFC playoff picture... coming into this week:

• Green Bay 8-3 had the #1 seed. LOST.
    • Arizona 8-2 has the #2 seed... leads at Seattle 7-3 and has the ball, near midfield. If they beat Seattle, they move to the #1 seed.
    • Dallas 7-2 is the #3 seed... currently getting throttled 16-3 by the Chiefs.
    • Tampa Bay is 6-3, the #4 seed, face the Giants on MNF.
    • Rams 7-3, have a BYE week, sit as the #5 seed right now because of divison placement.
    • Vikings won to go to 5-5 and are now the #6 seed.
    • New Orleans lost, drop to 5-5 and the #7 seed.
    • 49ers sit at 5-5, currently 8th but aiming to oust the fading Saints.
    • Eagles could be a spoiler given their schedule at 5-6, currently the #9 seed. They're figuring it out down the stretch and have favorable games left versus the WFT (x2), Giants (x2), and Jets. They close out against the Cowboys, and that's the only team left on their schedule with a winning record.

As far as WPP's Iggles go... there is a chance they're the cinderella team of this season that gets in.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Fun stat I heard while watching the end of the Minnesota/Green Bay game...

The Vikings have at least led in the 4th quarter at some point in each of their 10 games so far. Which is impressive... yet somehow they're only 5-5 right now.

Looking at the NFC playoff picture... coming into this week:

• Green Bay 8-3 had the #1 seed. LOST.
    • Arizona 8-2 has the #2 seed... leads at Seattle 7-3 and has the ball, near midfield. If they beat Seattle, they move to the #1 seed.
    • Dallas 7-2 is the #3 seed... currently getting throttled 16-3 by the Chiefs.
    • Tampa Bay is 6-3, the #4 seed, face the Giants on MNF.
    • Rams 7-3, have a BYE week, sit as the #5 seed right now because of divison placement.
    • Vikings won to go to 5-5 and are now the #6 seed.
    • New Orleans lost, drop to 5-5 and the #7 seed.
    • 49ers sit at 5-5, currently 8th but aiming to oust the fading Saints.
    • Eagles could be a spoiler given their schedule at 5-6, currently the #9 seed. They're figuring it out down the stretch and have favorable games left versus the WFT (x2), Giants (x2), and Jets. They close out against the Cowboys, and that's the only team left on their schedule with a winning record.

As far as WPP's Iggles go... there is a chance they're the cinderella team of this season that gets in.
    Ten wins are happening for the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Ten wins are happening for the Eagles.
    I wouldn't call the WFT games a lock... they're getting hot right now as well... they shouldn;t be overlooked.

3rd quarter in Seattle, Arizona leads 16-6.

Stat just came up... the Seahawks have just failed to score a TD on their 19th consecutive drive, the 2nd longest streak in the past decade for the team. (I would have to guess one of those came while Russell Wilson was out with an injury, or maybe prior to his first year...)

Seriously? The one time I come into a game rooting hard for the Cowboys and they're laying a huge egg again.

Oh and I know they're irrelevant and it was a week ago, but I missed out on the rumblings, so I just wanted to point out that Bridgewater won't be benched for the Broncos. Fangio loves the guy, and he's allergic to any kind of adjustment whatsoever.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

KC was considered the under-dog again which is 2nd week in a row. Be nice if they can hold it out. But we will see.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I wouldn't call the WFT games a lock... they're getting hot right now as well... they shouldn;t be overlooked.
    The Eagles will split games with Washington, hang 40 on Dallas in the finale, and win the rest of the games. 10-7.

Arizona's still hanging on 16-6 up in Seattle, the one phase of the game that's killing them today is the kicking game... Matt Prater's having an off day and has missed 2 FG and an XP. You put those 7 points back on the board, they're up 23-6, and this game is totally over with 9 minutes left.

The Time of Possession in this game right now is something like 34 min AZ to 16 minutes for the Seahawks. They're just methodically moving the ball around and the Seahawks can't do diddly when they've got it. We're up to 20 straight Seattle drives without a TD.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Good lord the Bears stink. Its amazing they blew that game.
    Its been said the Bears defense held the Ravens for 58 minutes and finally had a break down to lose. The Bears defense has always held that team in games for the last few seasons. Its the offense that just can't get everything together.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its been said the Bears defense held the Ravens for 58 minutes and finally had a break down to lose. The Bears defense has always held that team in games for the last few seasons. Its the offense that just can't get everything together.
    This is the team that was represented by an animated short in which employees had trouble pronouncing the word "quarterback" because they were so unfamiliar with what one was.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Arizona hangs on for a 23-13 win in Seattle that wasn't even that close, due to those three missed kicks by Prater. Colt McCoy had a career day, defense delivered. The biggest stats...

Arizona's time of possession: 40 min, 22 seconds to Seattle only having the ball for 19 minutes 38. Arizona ran 79 plays to Seattle's 49. They were 7-14 on 3rd down, Seattle was 2-10.

That's really the whole story. They could convert on 3rd down and keep drives alive, Seahawks couldn't. The only bright spot for the 12's in attendance was that they got a 4th quarter TD to end that drought I was talking about earlier.

Arizona goes 2-1 in their past three games without Kyler Murray or DeAndre Hopkins. Both will come back after resting injuries for a month for the stretch run. They don't play until the week after Thanksgiving, traveling to Chicago to play the hapless Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    This is the team that was represented by an animated short in which employees had trouble pronouncing the word "quarterback" because they were so unfamiliar with what one was.
    Haven't had a QB that mattered since Jim McMahon. Funny deal...

In the early 1990s when Mike Ditka was fired on a local Chicago sports show they contacted Jim McMahon (with Philadelphia then) about the firing. McMahon was very nice and said him and Ditka disagreed but they also had their best moments together. He brought up what likely got Mike fired was him telling folks he was gonna try and bring him back to Chicago again.

That Bears owner and him don't like each other. So Ditka was gonna get axed.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yeah, the Eagles are rounding into shape as they’ve discovered the joy of running the ball and have become one of the best rushing teams in the league, anchored in part to 700 pounds of beef on the left side of the offensive line in Jordan Mailata and Landon Dickerson. Meanwhile, our three headed rushing attack in Miles Sanders, Jordan Howard and Boston Scott has been surprisingly lethal, add in Jalen Hurts and we have a running machine. As for the remaining schedule, I see a split with the Deadskins, a sweep of the Giants and a win over the Jets. The second game against Dallas? Suddenly winnable after the ‘Boys were whomped by Kansas City.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm very shocked at what I saw from Kansas City today. Very shocked. The Chiefs defense seemingly woke up some and really played a kick ass game. Can they continue it on ? Who knows. But 2 weeks of being underdogs and they have showed up !