Page 69 of 234 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3509
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

With KC's demise this season as we see ....the Raiders and Chargers should by all rights compete and well one should win the division. But both teams have a history of comically falling apart the last 2+ decades. So the fans have to wonder...what will these 2 teams do to screw up as usual ? Which team will be the 1st to major league screw up ? Its more fun being on the bottom and seeing which team blows it 1st....
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    What has hurt Mahomes this season is ...he has a new offensive line (3 rookies on the line) and Watkins is gone as well. He can't play defense which is KC's biggest issue. 2-3 of the games had the defense stepped up...they are wins. But its now on Veach and Reid this off season to fix. Frank Clark is likely done in KC as his play hasn't really equaled the contract he signed. Reid and Veach had Ingram and Houston come in and didn't sign either man at DE (a BIG MISTAKE) . The secondary is literally crap. So the Chiefs have to approach the 2022 off season with getting money freed up and going for defense.
    While O-line is definitely a concern they did upgrade. I'd look to an impact defender like a Gilmore from the Panthers for a similar price (or better) than what they paid us, or a Marcus Maye from the Jets. Neither is going to contend, and both likely won't pay either star next year where the Chiefs might if they're impact players.

The other scary possibility is trading the Rams for Robert Woods. With Woods, Tyreek, and Kelce they might not have a great defense but good f##king luck slowing them down. I'd rather have a balanced team, but there's something to be said for breaking a team's will by outscoring them by 20 before the half.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I mean people do rip on baseball for not having a salary cap. And not having parity. But I think if you looked at the four big sports more different teams have won the World Series and than any of the other sports. Baseball has no salary cap, but has still managed to have parity compared to the other sports. That might be just the nature of baseball. But its defiantly not as simple as buying your championship.
    Buy? Not at all. But like I said that money allows them to be in the hunt a lot more often than your Marlins and Tigers.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    While O-line is definitely a concern they did upgrade. I'd look to an impact defender like a Gilmore from the Panthers for a similar price (or better) than what they paid us, or a Marcus Maye from the Jets. Neither is going to contend, and both likely won't pay either star next year where the Chiefs might if they're impact players.

The other scary possibility is trading the Rams for Robert Woods. With Woods, Tyreek, and Kelce they might not have a great defense but good f##king luck slowing them down. I'd rather have a balanced team, but there's something to be said for breaking a team's will by outscoring them by 20 before the half.
    I'd rather the Chiefs get a WR that really they don't need to pay a huge amount for. They are developing guys behind Tyreek Hill. They just need to get them ball more to see what they can do. But right now they need to concentrate on defense to pair with really Chris Jones. They need to build an ass kicking defensive line and secondary. This is a year they paid the price for believing ...we can score 30-40 points a game , who needs to worry about defense ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    What has hurt Mahomes this season is ...he has a new offensive line (3 rookies on the line) and Watkins is gone as well. He can't play defense which is KC's biggest issue. 2-3 of the games had the defense stepped up...they are wins. But its now on Veach and Reid this off season to fix. Frank Clark is likely done in KC as his play hasn't really equaled the contract he signed. Reid and Veach had Ingram and Houston come in and didn't sign either man at DE (a BIG MISTAKE) . The secondary is literally crap. So the Chiefs have to approach the 2022 off season with getting money freed up and going for defense.
    I watched the game yesterday. That secondary was getting so burned they needed sunscreen. Lots of problems on offense as well as defense, as shown by KC turnovers, missed passes, horrible run blocking and just plain old miscues of every sort. Mahomes was trying to force things like he did successfully a lot in the Super Bowl winning year, but it just ain't happening.

Don't get me wrong, Tennessee also has been playing really well. But they looked better than they are yesterday, thanks to the Chiefs.

Meanwhile, somehow my Rams managed a win. Oy. Dodged a bullet there, thanks mainly to heroics by Cooper Kupp.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Jets 1st round pick QB Zach Wilson will miss 2-4 weeks with a sprained PCL. Wonder what they will waste a top 3 pick on in next year's draft.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Jets 1st round pick QB Zach Wilson will miss 2-4 weeks with a sprained PCL. Wonder what they will waste a top 3 pick on in next year's draft.

-M
    A punter.

Need a golden leg for all those punts!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

-M
    Who knows. But, I’ve heard the 2022 quarterback class coming out of college ain’t all that, hardly a good time for teams like my Eagles (maybe) to be in need of a passer.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Chicago Bears head coach Matt Nagy has tested positive for Covid.

So has Green Bay Packers defensive coordinator Joe Barry. Article Link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Rumor has it the Panthers are wanting Waston. I Dont think anyone will trade for him but he has been clickbait and talk show topic a lot the last couple weeks with the trade talk.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Rumor has it the Panthers are wanting Waston. I Dont think anyone will trade for him but he has been clickbait and talk show topic a lot the last couple weeks with the trade talk.
    I think Watson to Panthers is still speculation wereas the Eagles are the only non-Texan team to send investigators out to Watson. And I'm pretty sure they landed on, "HELL NO."

Even the heavily rumored Dolphins have not sent them out.

The reason the investigators are important to the trade is that a team has to determine if they get Watson, they have a viable opinion to protest an exemption list placement.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-25-2021 at 02:43 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

There's already rumblings and a campaign from Detroit fandom of replacing Goff with backup David Blough (who?). Lol. Detroit - in rebuilding mode for like 30 years now since they made the playoffs that one golden year under Wayne Fontes.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    There's already rumblings and a campaign from Detroit fandom of replacing Goff with backup David Blough (who?). Lol. Detroit - in rebuilding mode for like 30 years now since they made the playoffs that one golden year under Wayne Fontes.
    They made the playoffs more recently than that, Fontes was just the last time they won a playoff game in '92.

The smartest move would be to protect their investment and snag a franchise tackle, but they already have Mekhi Becton in house...

I think Robert Saleh will want the top defender in the draft. Smarter move would be to move down a little for more picks and you still might be able to get that defender while everybody jumps in for QBs, O-Lineman, and WRs. Unless they want to admit Wilson isn't the guy, and do what Arizona did when they shipped Josh Rosen right out of town after one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Chicago Bears head coach Matt Nagy has tested positive for Covid.

So has Green Bay Packers defensive coordinator Joe Barry. Article Link.
    I want to hype UP Thursday night's game against Arizona, but there's a report this afternoon that Davante Adams has been placed in Covid-19 protocols...

He's vaccinated, but it still means he needs two negative tests in the next three days to be able to be ready to play for the game on Thursday.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 10-25-2021 at 03:07 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The Jets seem to be aware that behind Kyle Wilson, it's really dire... so they just sent a 5th/6th round conditional pick to Philadelphia so they could get Joe Flacco to save themselves humiliation like they got yesterday on a weekly basis.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lacco-to-jets/
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Well, I feel like now is as good time as any for ... BEASTIE's WAAAAY TOO EARLY PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS!

NOTE: Records might be a tad bid off, so don't blast me for that. I can't keep track of all the basement teams. The seeding is based off record, then points scored.

AFC

The Penthouse
    #01 Bills (Is it really their year or are they ... wide right?) 13-4, they lose to a familiar foe in the divisional round
    #02 Titans (I don't think they'll be #2 by season end but I think they are 100% going to the playoffs) 12-5, trash the Bengals in the WC, watch Nick Folk drill the game winner in the divisional round
    #03 Bengals (I think they fall down to a lower seed) 10-7, bounce out in the WC round
    #05 Raiders (just waiting on their eventual second-half collapse) 9-8, miss the playoffs

In The Building
    #04 Ravens (Ravens have less points than the Bengals but I think BAL is the better team) 14-3, enjoy the bye too much as the Chargers run away to the AFC Championship
    #06 Chargers (see above, Raiders) 10-7, second place in division, angering the Raiders, Cinderella to the AFC Championship only to lose
    #07 Browns (too beat up to make a run this year) 6-11, WTG team

Outside Looking In
    #08 Steelers (do they have OFF?) 8-9, Big Ben is sad
    #09 Chiefs (Mahomes is going to break some records for his Houdini acts) 13-4, run the table in the season, take #3 seed on points, bounce in the WC round
    #10 Patriots (Nick Folk is doing something special this year, missed a rainy kick against TB, the AFC is falling at the right time, sounds like a typical start to a NE playoff run) 11-6, upset the Titans again by a FG, drill a clock expiring FG in BUF, trounce the Chargers as LA finally falls apart in the championship game, America goes into open revolt before the BB vs. TB SB can be played.

The Outhouse
    Jets (will probably win enough games to screw themselves out of a #1 pick) 3-13
    Dolphins (I thought they were competing with the Pats for that #7 spot??) 5-12
    Jags (a solid draft class would recoup this team AND ... a better coach) 4-13
    Texans (will probably be the #1 pick in the draft) 2-15

NFC

What's the point, TB12 is in the conference. But ... just so we all know what Brady's route to #8 will look like ...

The Penthouse
    #01 Cardinals (I really want them to be as good as their record is right now, this fanbase needs a win) 14-3, piss Dem Boys off, trounce LA after never beating them in the regular season, watch TB12 get anointed for the 8th time.
    #02 Buccaneers (your 2022 SB champs pending the second American Civil War) 14-3, breaks the hearts of everyone as TB12 goes on to host the NFC championship in TB to give us a BB vs TB SB that will never be played due to America being over)
    #04 Packers (Rodgers continues his career in the shadow of TB12, this time more directly) 14-3, Rodgers for MVP, sends the Eagles home and watches selfish TB12 take a dump in Lambaeu to go on to win more NFC championship games than Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees because the AFC records weren't enough
    #05 Cowboys (somehow they found an unexpired can of whoop-ass from the 90s) 14-3, the old 90s can of whoop-ass gives them botulism as they get upset by the Cards in the WC round

In The Building
    #03 Rams (better than the Pack and dem Boyz) 15-2, the only thing worse than 2 NY teams in the playoffs is 2 LA teams in the playoffs, the greatest show on turf enjoys the bye and says bye bye bye when the Cards upset them in the divisional round
    #06 Saints (still hanging on like you'd think Brees was there) 11-6, TB is selfish and sends them home in the WC round
    #07 Vikings (another team I wish was as good as their record) 6-11, they have to pay the piper soon ...

Outside Looking In
    #08 Falcons (they had 283 yards pop up on the screen last game they won. 28-3 ... *necromancy meme*) 7-10, something with the 28-3 meme will arise and kill the rest of their season
    #09 Panthers (Gilmore made it home, that's good, right??) 4-13, I dunno ... they just look bad to me still
    #10 Bears (the NFC is so bad this year that da Bears are making some power rankings) 4-13, they ruin somebody's playoff hopes in their last remaining win for the season

The Outhouse
    Lions (there are baseball teams that have rebuilt faster) 2-15, will score JUST enough points to lose the #1 pick
    NFC East sans Dallas (just finishing .500 will gain you a playoff berth nearly every year; Wilson should've taken the trade to the NYGs!) The 9-8 Eagles will play to the normal NFC Least ability to earn a trip to Lambeau to help inflate Rodger's legend as the Eagles are sent home
    Seattle (they picked the wrong year to trade away those high picks) 5-12, turn it around just in time for Wilson to screw them out of some high picks
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-25-2021 at 05:01 PM.

I love 2 teams in The NFL. The Bengals and the Saints. I cant listen to local New Orleans Sports talk. Sadly I can and do listen to local Cincinnati sports radio.

Cincy over reacts to little wins. But man do they over react to big wins. The win over The Ravens was huge! I agree. The Bengals made them look stupid! And it was a long time coming. , But because of that win I guess the road to the Super Bowl now goes through Cincy. Everyone is talking like the North is already won by The Bengals. That they can just cake walk the rest of the season and it wont be a big deal. Beating The Ravens, and the Steelers on the road means there is no way they can come to our house and beat us.

A little success and this town goes nuts.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.