Page 208 of 234 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3509

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    THat was fast lol.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

TJ Watt's knock will be that his team didn't make the playoffs.

And while a lot of people love Cooper Kupp on the Rams and the obscene numbers he put up this year... Aaron Donald is sitting RIGHT THERE. He might not have broken a sack record, but the pressures he stacked up... Aaron Donald forces teams to change games. Because both are so good, I feel like they might cancel each other out.

My vote would be for Brady, begrudgingly. I'm even baffled Josh Allen isn't getting more love, he carried the Bills down the stretch.
    Eh ... Kupp hard no. Moss, OBJ, and other non WRs not named Rice have done better with less IMHO.

Sam ... Trashy player but yes him and Watt are higher on my list than Brady or Aaron but we know it will be a QB unless a RB goes nuts.

Allen had some frighteningly bad games and IIRC, Mahomes was better than him in the clutch.

MVPs need to be clutch, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    THat was fast lol.
    So I saw a rumor he might be going to Dallas. He did used to coach there on his way up and they really need to right that ship. Payton just seems right for that gig, too. Not sure if Jerrah would do it though, or continue to stay the course out of pride.

Harbaugh and now Payton out there up for grabs.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I heard this morning that Payton might leave. Will the Saints job be looked upon as desirable, even though they have no franchise quarterback?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Well you could say that the next coach of the Saints could really run the show and pick thier qb and all of that...a blank slate kind of thing...

Sean Payton is still under contract for 3 years with the Saints, so if he takes any other coaching position in that time, who ever hires him will have to send compensation (players or draft picks) to the Saints to do so. Payton has said he wants a break too, so more likely he takes a broadcasting job for a year or two and waits for the position he wants with a team willing to compensate the Saints to open up, or until his contract with the Saints is expired and they no longer have his "rights" if he returns to coaching. If it weren't for the compensation, I could see Dallas ditching McCarthy for Payton, but I don't see Jerrah giving up picks for a coach at this point. Maybe if McCarthy has another disappointing year and he loses Quinn and Moore this offseason, but I doubt Payton to Dallas happens this offseason

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I heard this morning that Payton might leave. Will the Saints job be looked upon as desirable, even though they have no franchise quarterback?
    My philosophy is always, "You don't want to be the guy who follows THE guy."

Sean Payton gave New Orleans a Super Bowl as coach and that onside kick call is what cements him as getting credit and it not just being "Drew Brees did it". He was coach for 16 seasons...

Whomever the Saints bring in next has Payton's shadow over them the whole time they have the gig, and I would think if they can't get the team into the playoffs by Year 2, that town will want a different guy already. Whether or not the QB situation gets resolved.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Payton leaving is a blow for New Orleans. The man with Brees really made the Saints a contending team those years. It was one of those great stories. A QB given up on , a young coach who had never been a head coach taking the worst NFL job for a team that was traditional losers ...and they turn it around. I feel for the Saints. Between this news and the disgusting **** Eli Apple has said about them for days on his twitter , its not been a good week.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The Chicago Bears fascination with signing coaches and Executives from Kansas City continues. Today the team announced they will be signing Ryan Poles (an assistant and Pro Player Personnel guy) from KC to be the new GM. If we sit down and look at this...it follows a comical trend where Chicago seems to want to recreate the Chiefs in Chicago...repeatedly.

Mark Hatley - General Manager from 1997-2000 : Was Director of Pro Personnel in Kansas City 1992 to 1996
    Phil Emery - General Manager from 2012-2014 : Was Director of Scouting in Kansas City 2009-2011
    Matt Nagy - Coach from 2018 to 2021 : Was Offensive Coordinator in Kansas City
    Ryan Poles - General Manager 2022 - : Was Executive director of player personnel in Kansas City

I do have to admit its funny to see their weird trend continue in Chicago almost every decade where the team is trying to be Kansas City.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Dick Butkus & Aaron Rodgers are having a Twitter feud lol.

On Dick's first official day of Twitter.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Dick Butkus & Aaron Rodgers are having a Twitter feud lol.

On Dick's first official day of Twitter.
    That’s an odd couple to be sure. What’s the beef about?

One is a Packer. The other is a Bear.

I've heard that the Bears are scheduling a second interview with Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn. I'm confused, other than coughing up a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl which he wound up losing, what the hell has he done to earn this much attention?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I've heard that the Bears are scheduling a second interview with Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn. I'm confused, other than coughing up a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl which he wound up losing, what the hell has he done to earn this much attention?
    Quinn has a very good defensive reputation like a Wade Phillips. His defense resume includes building the Legion of Boom in Seattle for 2 seasons. Plus this past season in Dallas where the defense rebounded major !

He's a coach who is better as a defensive coordinator and not a head coach like Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Quinn has a very good defensive reputation like a Wade Phillips. His defense resume includes building the Legion of Boom in Seattle for 2 seasons. Plus this past season in Dallas where the defense rebounded major !

He's a coach who is better as a defensive coordinator and not a head coach like Phillips.
    Well, if the Bears are stupid enough to hire Quinn, then they’d damn sure better bring in an offensive mind to develop Justin Fields, because Quinn, as a defensive coach, won’t know what to do with the kid.