Page 133 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3509

My first thought on seeing that the Lions won on a walk off TD was "There's something you don't see every decade". Of course, I mean a win of any kind much less in that kind of dramatic fashion.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I took the Eagles in knockout and man ... I was sweating bullets like it was a Super Bowl.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Fell asleep during the Chiefs game. It shocks me KC's defense has suddenly decided to start playing and I'm shocked at what they have done the last few weeks. If you told me this was a defense that could do this to Dallas and Denver a few months ago I'd laugh at you. Given how bad it was. Hope it continues and holds up.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Ravens should’ve kicked the PAT and took their chances in overtime.
    John Harbaugh did give the good excuse that due to injuries, his team didn't have any corners left.

He went for it because if they lost the coin toss, the Steelers were just gonna throw the ball right by them for a win.

This is a rare time where even when it fails, I can at least understand the logic. Still sucks for Baltimore, because had they won this game, it probably would have all but buried Pittsburgh's hopes for getting to the postseason. Putting your boot on the throat of a division rival... that's an opportunity you don't want to miss.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I took the Eagles in knockout and man ... I was sweating bullets like it was a Super Bowl.
    Me too! Especially after the Jets scored touchdowns on their first three possessions in the first half and I was worried the Birds would screw the pooch. Fortunately, they clamped down on defense and kept the Jets scoreless the rest of the way. In a word---WHEW!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    John Harbaugh did give the good excuse that due to injuries, his team didn't have any corners left.

He went for it because if they lost the coin toss, the Steelers were just gonna throw the ball right by them for a win.
    I didn't know that. Yeah, I can understand that rationale.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The thing with the Ravens is the Play worked, the receiver was open, Lamar made a bad pass.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Big game for Monday Night. Looking forward to seeing Mac Jones shine in the spotlight.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

The Lions/Vikings game was so badly coached on both sides. Lions are up with 4 minutes to go and what to they do? Go for it on their own 48 on 4th down and dont convert. At the end of the game I cant eve put into words what was going on with the Vikings Defense on that last play.

I am really looking forward to tonight. It will be well payed and a close game. I pick the Bills on this one.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Tonight’s game figures to be terrific. I think the Bills will hold off New England and notch the win.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-06-2021 at 10:26 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Teams that are 4-8 are still competitive at this point, as a 9-8 record is still possible. Only four NFL teams are truly out of it: Detroit, Jacksonville, Houston, and the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Teams that are 4-8 are still competitive at this point, as a 9-8 record is still possible. Only four NFL teams are truly out of it: Detroit, Jacksonville, Houston, and the Jets.
    Well ... 9-8 will fly in 2 divisions as a possible division winner, too. That could change in a week or two. It will be interesting to see since so far, the extra game is extending the life of playoff contentions for borderline teams.

I figured it would do the opposite.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-06-2021 at 11:13 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

So glad the Rams managed to show up against the Jags, the alternative would have just been too dire to fathom.

OBJ looked a bit timid. He had several balls kind of whiz over his head and land a few feet ahead of him where he could have stretched out and caught them. One of them a defender was closing from the left so he might have been begging off the inevitable hit that was going to come if he caught it. I mean, you only have to look at a few Cooper Kupp catches to realize that Stafford throws it to where its possible for you to catch, he doesn't lay it in your bread basket. OBJ finally did catch a beaut for a TD near the end, as a final nail in the Jags coffin.

No chance they will be able to overtake the Cards, though, at this point. The Cards have an easy schedule remaining and the Rams not so much.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    So glad the Rams managed to show up against the Jags, the alternative would have just been too dire to fathom.

OBJ looked a bit timid. He had several balls kind of whiz over his head and land a few feet ahead of him where he could have stretched out and caught them. One of them a defender was closing from the left so he might have been begging off the inevitable hit that was going to come if he caught it. I mean, you only have to look at a few Cooper Kupp catches to realize that Stafford throws it to where its possible for you to catch, he doesn't lay it in your bread basket. OBJ finally did catch a beaut for a TD near the end, as a final nail in the Jags coffin.

No chance they will be able to overtake the Cards, though, at this point. The Cards have an easy schedule remaining and the Rams not so much.
    Well, they do get Arizona next Monday.

And if LA wins that game, it closes the gap quite a bit.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Yeah, I was looking at the math to see how we'd fare if my Patriots stumble here after coming off a 5 game winning streak. You have the Bills right next to us in our Division along with the Dolphins at now 6-7, every team in the North competitive (Ravens 8-4, Bengals 7-5, Steelers 6-5-1, and Browns 6-6), Titans in the South at 8-4 and the Colts not too shabby at 7-6, and the West like the North is all competitive (Chiefs 8-4, Chargers 7-5, Raiders and Broncos both 6-6). 13 out of 16 teams with a legit shot at those 7 playoff spots. I think we lose at least one of these games, and if we have to I want it to be this one. Give us a bye to fix mistakes and prepare for a good Colts team. Then try again against the Bills at home.

I'll be ecstatic if we somehow pull it off, but it's prime time in Buffalo and we are riding a high. Been a while since we've been smacked in the mouth. If we can be 10-5 or even 9-6 I think we still have a good shot at one of those Wild Card spots. Which again for a rebuild year is more than I'd have bargained for at the beginning of the season.

60 MPH swirling wind gusts predicted for tonight's MNF.

Probably no FGs or deep passes!