Page 184 of 234 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3509

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert that Houston canned head coach David Culley after just one season with the Texans having finished 4-13.
    Poor guy. He got four wins with that roster and no DeShaun Watson. That's a better achievement than he'll ever get credit for.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Poor guy. He got four wins with that roster and no DeShaun Watson. That's a better achievement than he'll ever get credit for.
    Yeah, he was damned from jump. In hindsight, Culley was better off having been axed rather than work for Houston’s dysfunctional front office.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-13-2022 at 04:39 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Yeah, he was damned from jump. In hindsight, Culley was better off having been axed rather than work for Houston’s dysfunctional front office.
    I hope he lands a coordinator gig somewhere nice. Seems like a good dude, just... Houston, man.

Extraordinary Member

I hope he lands a coordinator gig somewhere nice. Seems like a good dude, just... Houston, man.
    With Houston, you can tell that much of the dysfunction is deep rooted in the front office and beyond; it make its dysfunction seem worse in some ways than regular dysfunction.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

If it wasn’t for the craziness that goes on in Washington, the Texans would be THE most screwed up team in the league.

If it wasn’t for the craziness that goes on in Washington, the Texans would be THE most screwed up team in the league.
    ******* owner of the not-Redskins vs. Religious Fanatics of the Texas Loons, hard to really pin down who's more fucked up in that argument.

As for Culley, it stinks that his shot after a waiting his whole career is over but he was NEVER going to succeed Deepinthehearta with that team ownership, front office, criminal QB sidelined and a roster that makes the Cleveland Indians of Major League look like a new Murderer's Row.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Mike Tomlin is pretty impressive as a coach. he did not let the bad start get him or his players down and they rallied to get into the post season. I am a Cincy fan but I am impressed at what they did.

Meanwhile my Bengal's facing the Raiders in the wildcard at home. We beat the Raiders in Vegas 32 to 13? I think that was the score. So it has me a bit worried that the Raiders are out for hardcore revenge. Even more so given the Bengal's history. But I am going to have the game on and root for them like crazy! We are going to get weather here in Cincy. maybe snow that day but at the least rain and cold. So not sure how that will effect the Raiders.

i would love to see the Eagles slap around the Bucs. But then again if they do it will lead to a flurry of tweets from AB about how the team cant win without him. And if the Cowboys lost I dont think I would cry.
    Remember the first game with Cincy and LV was closer than the score. It was a 3 point game with 5 minutes left.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    ******* owner of the not-Redskins vs. Religious Fanatics of the Texas Loons, hard to really pin down who's more fucked up in that argument.

As for Culley, it stinks that his shot after a waiting his whole career is over but he was NEVER going to succeed Deepinthehearta with that team ownership, front office, criminal QB sidelined and a roster that makes the Cleveland Indians of Major League look like a new Murderer's Row.
    Darth Hoodie apparently wants to interview him.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Darth Hoodie apparently wants to interview him.
    And I wouldn't be shocked if Brian Flores or Joe Judge wind up back in Foxboro if nobody else hires them.

Seriously, Flores should get some interviews from the teams pushing guys out.

Quote Originally Posted by tarbabe View Post
    Remember the first game with Cincy and LV was closer than the score. It was a 3 point game with 5 minutes left.
    Yes it very much. I think the Raiders are chomping at the bit and want revenge. I am shocked with all the craziness this season they made it as far as they did. Hats off to them.

I am really hoping that my bengal's can break the 31 year curse. I hear a lot of people in Cincy saying

"Well no one thought we would make it here so we should be happy no matter what happens." Screw that. I am tired of Moral victories at this point. I was ten years old for the last bengal's Playoff win. Thiis year we have the talent, the best WR, Qb combo we have ever had. We need to take this one. And lucky for us Burrow feels the same way!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

And I wouldn't be shocked if Brian Flores or Joe Judge wind up back in Foxboro if nobody else hires them.

The NFL world saw Judge wasn’t ready to be a head coach and, after having crashed and burned in 2021, it’s unlikely he’ll get another chance anytime soon, if at all. As for Flores, there was talk he was a hardass and didn’t get along with Miami’s GM, I think the owner alluded to the latter as a reason he fired him. That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if Darth Hoodie brought both back into the fold.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Mike Tomlin as of right now is the only Black Head Coach in the NFL.
    What a Disgrace!
    All the owners should be ashamed of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    What a Disgrace!
    And somehow, even though he's had a winning record in his first 15 seasons, there are Yinzers who want him fired for not being good enough.

I think Flores is interviewing with the Bears.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    What a Disgrace!
    Some owners are for sure, but I suspect most could care less. Hell, I’d even go so far as to say there are probably owners who bristle at being told who to interview for head coaching positions, diversity be damned.