Page 120 of 234 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3509

Pete Caroll? That is cold, for everything he has done, he deserves to finish the season. What do they think will change for them firing him?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Word around the horn is Nagy and Caroll are getting axed after Turkey Day.
    Nagy I've heard about, but Carroll? The latter makes no sense. Sure, the Seahawks bottomed out this season, mainly due to the absence of Russell Wilson due to injury, but jeez! Carroll won Seattle a Super Bowl, and while he probably still gets dogged for that ill-advised pass play at the goal line which cost them a win in XLIX, he deserves a better fate than this. At least let him finish the season for pity's sake.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I hope it is not true with Pete Caroll. While I dont think he is an amazing coach he had some thing go against him this year. The man has done a lot for the team. let him get to the end of the season. Dont do him dirty and fire him mid season.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Vikings Everson Griffen is refusing to leave his home after calling the police this morning saying there is an intruder in his home. Police believe he is in the home by himself. Mental health professionals and Vikings reps are working with police and Griffen.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-firing-weapon
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Vikings Everson Griffen is refusing to leave his home after calling the police this morning saying there is an intruder in his home. Police believe he is in the home by himself. Mental health professionals and Vikings reps are working with police and Griffen.

Griffen has had a history of struggling with his mental health. I hope things work out without anyone getting hurt and that Griffen can get the help and support he needs.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The Giants turn around starts this week! Freddy Kitchens will be calling the plays on Sunday Could they sneak in and win the division after all? Are they the team to watch now? Should everyone else just forfeit in fear?

Man, that’s scary! I hope things don’t escalate.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Griffen has had a history of struggling with his mental health. I hope things work out without anyone getting hurt and that Griffen can get the help and support he needs.

-M
    I really hope he does get some real help from this and as WPP has said that things do not escalate.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I hope Griffen gets help quick and things are ok there. Carroll deserves to really get another season because the man hasn't had a losing season since 2012. He's won the division 5 times and just came off winning it last season ! So is the Seahawks crazy...or stupid ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Remember months ago I brought up how the city of St. Louis had filed a lawsuit alleging that the NFL and new Rams owner conspired to move the team without giving the St. Louis area a chance to keep it ? The suit case was supposed to go to court in January and the city was demanding over $1+ billion dollars in damages done.

Today the NFL and Stan Kroenke settled the lawsuit for $790 million in damages to the city for this. Given the settlement its a bet the NFL knew they were f-cked if this went into court.

https://www.nfl.com/news/790m-settle...ouis-departure
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The Minnesota Vikings released a statement Wednesday afternoon saying the team has been notified by law enforcement agencies that defensive end Everson Griffen came out of his home "without incident and is now getting the care that he needs."

This is good to hear.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The Minnesota Vikings released a statement Wednesday afternoon saying the team has been notified by law enforcement agencies that defensive end Everson Griffen came out of his home "without incident and is now getting the care that he needs."

This is good to hear.

-M
    This makes me very happy. I hope he can find a treatment that works for him.

This is good to hear.

-M
    Most definitely. If Griffen wasn’t a professional athlete, chances are this story would’ve had a much sadder ending, the sort of ending that happens when unnerved police officers confront a large, angry and armed black man.

This makes me very happy. I hope he can find a treatment that works for him.
    That's huge. Finding a treatment that works for him specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    That's huge. Finding a treatment that works for him specifically.
    It takes a long time. it took me over 11 years to find a treatment plan and med combo that works for me and I still have hard days. I feel for him. it is really not something that can be cured in a short time. I hope this helps others in the NFl who are having problems speak out.