Page 56 of 234 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    According to that news link the Eagles want to make Dallas Goedert the main TE and that he has replaced Ertz more or less. That both will be free agents at end of the season and they plan to go with Goedert now.
    That is what I thought.

Sounds like the rumor mill is behind the actual news cycle for once!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That is what I thought.

Sounds like the rumor mill is behind the actual news cycle for once!
    I would think they had one or the other on the trade block at different costs. They were gonna move one, not both. Ertz was probably a cheaper option with the years left on his deal, and years left in his career.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

At this point, I'm looking at the Cardinals/Browns match-up on Sunday, and as to what to expect... I know what I did as of last Sunday afternoon, but today, the release of the injury report has me all like:

Let me try to 'splain...

Cleveland Browns injury report for Week 6:
    • RB Nick Chubb: OUT
    • LB Melvin Smith: OUT
    • DE Jadaveon Clowney: QUESTIONABLE
    • DE Myyles Garrett: QUESTIONABLE, EXPECTED TO PLAY
    • DE Takkarist McKinley: QUESTIONABLE
    • RT Jack Conklin: QUESTIONABLE
    • LT Jedrick Wills: QUESTIONABLE
    • C JC Tretter: QUESTIONABLE
    • RB Kareem Hunt: QUESTIONABLE, EXPECTED TO PLAY
    • CB A.J. Green: QUESTIONABLE
    • CB Denzel Ward: QUESTIONABLE
    • CB Greg Newsome: QUESTIONABLE

All right, the game plan I said for the Browns to beat the Cardinals was, "Arizona has been weak defensively against the run. Nick Chubb has averaged 5.7 yards a carry through the first five games. RUN IT."

Well, the Browns have three dinged up members of their offensive line, Nick Chubb is out, and Kareem Hunt, while not a slouch, is dinged up as well and also could end up out, in theory. With three offensive linemen on the injury report, oddly Cleveland omitted that QB Baker Mayfield has been playing with a torn labrum, per several reports. The Browns pass rush, while formidable, is beat up, and they have three corners out. If they can't get to Kyler Murray and the corners can't keep tabs on Hopkins, Green, Kirk, and rookie sparkplug Rondale Moore (legit 4.25 speed)... Arizona might be able to throw the ball on them all day. However, Arizona has problems of their own...

Arizona Cardinals injury report for Week 6:
    • TE Maxx Williams: OUT
    • TE Zach Ertz: OUT (just acquired in a trade, played literally last night, will need a few days with the playbook. Arizona's going to be fielding Darrell Daniels at TE)
    • C Rodney Hudson: OUT
    • LB Tanner Vallejo: OUT
    • LB Jordan Hicks: QUESTIONABLE
    • LB Chandler Jones: QUESTIONABLE, COVID-19 list, EXPECTED OUT, EXTREMELY SLIM CHANCE HE HAS 2 NEGATIVE COVID TESTS BEFORE SUNDAY
    • RT Kelvin Beachem: QUESTIONABLE, EXPECTED TO PLAY
    • CB Brandon Murphy: QUESTIONABLE
    • CB Marco Wilson: QUESTIONABLE

Maybe even with injuries to their offensive line, Cleveland will be able to run the ball, given Arizona have a hobbled Jordan Hicks, and if he's out, will have to start first round MLB Zaven Collins, who's a sideline-to-sideline guy... but he often makes mental errors and leaves gaps open. Their pass rush will be less formidable without Chandler Jones, expect J.J. Watt to get double-teamed and continue to be shut out of getting sacks. Both of the corners listed on Arizona's injury report are expected to play, so there's that for good news.

On offense, losing Rodney Hudson to a rib injury for this game against Cleveland's defensive line is only going to be less scary because the Cardinals do have a capable backup in Max Garcia. They might not be able to run the ball against Cleveland's front seven, but expect them with almost a full contingent of receivers and weapons for Kyler Murray to throw the ball A LOT on Sunday. Without a Pro Bowl level center and with their best blocking TE gone for the season with a knee injury, it's probably going to be 40-50 passes attempted for Kyler this week. If Myles Garrett plays, and he should... he's the Browns' best hope of keeping Murray in check.

I'm still leaning the Browns in this matchup, because there's no way ALL those guys will be out come game time, and Arizona's got to travel to the Dawg Pound to play. Still should be a good sequel for the Murray/Mayfield Oklahoma back-to-back Heisman head-to-head in the pros games (Arizona won their first tilt versus each other).

Even if Ertz could play without prep for playbook, he already played this week so is ineligible for this game. He can't be officially added to the 53 man roster until after Sunday's game.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    According to that news link the Eagles want to make Dallas Goedert the main TE and that he has replaced Ertz more or less. That both will be free agents at end of the season and they plan to go with Goedert now.
    There had been a contract empass with Goedert going into the season, but the team is trying to lock him up. The new second string is Jack Stoll, an undrafted rookie from Nebraska whom the team is said to be high on.

By the by, thanks for the info on Gowan, WBE!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Even if Ertz could play without prep for playbook, he already played this week so is ineligible for this game. He can't be officially added to the 53 man roster until after Sunday's game.

-M
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    There had been a contract empass with Goedert going into the season, but the team is trying to lock him up. The new second string is Jack Stoll, an undrafted rookie from Nebraska whom the team is said to be high on.

By the by, thanks for the info on Gowan, WBE!

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury will miss the game against Cleveland due to Covid.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury will miss the game against Cleveland due to Covid.
    Kingsbury's out for the game? Given his penchant for wasting time-outs and bizarre decisions (the 68 yd FG attempt Jacksonville returned for a kick-six in Week 3)...

It's weird to think having Vance Joseph in charge instead is an improvement, but it absolutely is.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Kingsbury's out for the game? Given his penchant for wasting time-outs and bizarre decisions (the 68 yd FG attempt Jacksonville returned for a kick-six in Week 3)...

It's weird to think having Vance Joseph in charge instead is an improvement, but it absolutely is.
    Considering Joseph's less than stellar track record during his one and only head coaching stint in Denver, do you really see him as an improvement?

Considering Joseph's less than stellar track record during his one and only head coaching stint in Denver, do you really see him as an improvement?
    Thanks to Kingsbury... I HAVE SEEN SOME S***.

Not just that 68 yard FG attempt that the home team's commentators PREDICTED would be returned for a pick-six if it was attempted...
    I've seen him have Kyler with a busted wheel and going for it on 4th and 13 and calling a designed QB run for a first down.
    I've seen him punt from the opponent's 38 yard line other times rather than go for it on 4th and 1 or kick a FG.
    I saw him try to resist using TEs and just go five WR sets all the time in the first quarter in his first few games...

The only reason the playcalling isn't as disastrous is he ceded a lot of power to O-line coach Sean Kugler, who knows to establish the run throughout the game. That happened after last season, and it's been working out pretty good to say the least.

My point is, Arizona's been winning in spite of Kingsbury. Most of it is Kyler's been good about not turning the ball over against marquee opponents, and when they've played the worst teams in the league, he's taking more chances and maybe throwing a single INT in those games. But other than perhaps the job Arizona did against the Rams, I can't say any of their wins should be credited to coaching so far. I'm shocked their secondary has played as well as it has, because I thought that would be the Achilles heel of this squad. The fact that they've overachieved amazes me, and now that they're beat up, goddamn I'm freaked out. I dunno what they have to do to get one more good corner in the building... if it's talk Malcolm Butler back outta retirement or make a trade... but they're gonna need one more guy...

And they just traded one of their rookie corners to Philly, so... I have no idea what they're trying to do to resolve that deficiency.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 10-16-2021 at 04:07 AM.

Thanks to Kingsbury... I HAVE SEEN SOME S***.

Not just that 68 yard FG attempt that the home team's commentators PREDICTED would be returned for a pick-six if it was attempted...
    I've seen him have Kyler with a busted wheel and going for it on 4th and 13 and calling a designed QB run for a first down.
    I've seen him punt from the opponent's 38 yard line other times rather than go for it on 4th and 1 or kick a FG.
    I saw him try to resist using TEs and just go five WR sets all the time in the first quarter in his first few games...

The only reason the playcalling isn't as disastrous is he ceded a lot of power to O-line coach Sean Kugler, who knows to establish the run throughout the game. That happened after last season, and it's been working out pretty good to say the least.

My point is, Arizona's been winning in spite of Kingsbury. Most of it is Kyler's been good about not turning the ball over against marquee opponents, and when they've played the worst teams in the league, he's taking more chances and maybe throwing a single INT in those games. But other than perhaps the job Arizona did against the Rams, I can't say any of their wins should be credited to coaching so far. I'm shocked their secondary has played as well as it has, because I thought that would be the Achilles heel of this squad. The fact that they've overachieved amazes me, and now that they're beat up, goddamn I'm freaked out. I dunno what they have to do to get one more good corner in the building... if it's talk Malcolm Butler back outta retirement or make a trade... but they're gonna need one more guy...

And they just traded one of their rookie corners to Philly, so... I have no idea what they're trying to do to resolve that deficiency.
    I see, said the blind man. So, do you think Kingsbury could be shown the door if the Cardinals fail to go far in the playoffs?

I see, said the blind man. So, do you think Kingsbury could be shown the door if the Cardinals fail to go far in the playoffs?
    It would have to be an embarrassing loss in the first round. Either a loss that is such a thumping it's clear he wasn't ready, or in a close game where he makes multiple gaffes.

Dolphins vs. Jaguars from London at 9:30 this morning. This game could be Urban Meyer's best shot at winning his first ever NFL game, but if he loses to the Fish, he might get the chop during Jacksonville's bye week.

Dolphins vs. Jaguars from London at 9:30 this morning. This game could be Urban Meyer's best shot at winning his first ever NFL game, but if he loses to the Fish, he might get the chop during Jacksonville's bye week.
    Whichever coach loses this game is likely going to be at the top of my "FIRE THIS COACH!" for this week. Brian Flores hasn't exactly been crushing it for Miami this year either, with their one win coming against the Mac Jones trial run Pats... by a single point.

Whichever coach loses this game is likely going to be at the top of my "FIRE THIS COACH!" for this week. Brian Flores hasn't exactly been crushing it for Miami this year either, with their one win coming against the Mac Jones trial run Pats... by a single point.
    I don't think Flores will be judged until Tua is in a few games. If they look just as bad with him, then yes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!