Page 132 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2925
  1. #1966

    Default

    If the TD stands, Detroit just beat the Vikings, and have likely doomed the future of Zimmer in Minnesota.

    It had been 364 days since the last Lions win.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  2. #1967
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    13,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If the TD stands, Detroit just beat the Vikings, and have likely doomed the future of Zimmer in Minnesota.
    They can always blow the coverage on the ensuing kickoff.

    Or is that the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse smocking crack in my driveway? Shoo!
    Dark does not mean deep.

  3. #1968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They can always blow the coverage on the ensuing kickoff.

    Or is that the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse smocking crack in my driveway? Shoo!
    Time expired. That was the last play. It became statistically impossible for even the Lions to blow it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  4. #1969
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    26,237

    Default

    Oh. My. God. The Vikings pretty much dropped nine into coverage and still screwed it up. Heads are gonna roll after that debacle.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  5. #1970
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    13,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Time expired. That was the last play. It became statistically impossible for even the Lions to blow it.
    ESPN isn't so sure about that - the win probably tracker still gives the Yikes a 0.1% chance of winning. I'm not sure whether that is because its E!SPN or that the other team is the Lions. If anyone can manage to blow a lead after the game is actually over, it's the Lions. Meanwhile I have to go chase some emaciated looking guy in robes off my lawn.....
    Dark does not mean deep.

  6. #1971

    Default

    Looking around the NFC Wild Card race....

    #5 SEED: Rams at 7-4, are almost a lock to win at home this afternoon versus the Jaguars and go to 8-4. Which would keep them as the 5th seed.
    #6 SEED: 49ers are 6-5, playing in Seattle. Seahawks are division rivals, and have to be desperate for a win at home. But regardless, San Francisco looks locked into the 6th seed, win or lose.
    #7 SEED: Now sliding into the last NFC Wild Card spot at 6-7... THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES! (Congrats WPP!) And remember, their schedule is soft down the stretch...

    Losing today to slip behind the Eagles:

    WFT: 5-7 (still playing against the Raiders right now, up 7-0). If the WFT wins, they currently have the tie-breaker over the Eagles, but it's gonna come out in the wash as either Philly or WFT... they both play each other twice down the stretch)
    Minnesota: 5-7. (to the Lions no less. LOL.)
    Atlanta: 5-7
    Saints: 5-7
    Carolina: 5-7
    Bears: 4-8 (practically eliminated, given what's ahead... if not mathematically eliminated already)


    Someone is likely to make the playoffs at 9-8 in the NFC... maybe only at 8-9. Eagles or WFT are currently in the driver's seat.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  7. #1972
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    6,206

    Default

    The Lions walk off the field stunned. They really really wanted to give that game away! I mean they tried so hard not to win. it is a shame that they couldnt fully commit.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  8. #1973
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    26,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Looking around the NFC Wild Card race....

    #5 SEED: Rams at 7-4, are almost a lock to win at home this afternoon versus the Jaguars and go to 8-4. Which would keep them as the 5th seed.
    #6 SEED: 49ers are 6-5, playing in Seattle. Seahawks are division rivals, and have to be desperate for a win at home. But regardless, San Francisco looks locked into the 6th seed, win or lose.
    #7 SEED: Now sliding into the last NFC Wild Card spot at 6-7... THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES! (Congrats WPP!) And remember, their schedule is soft down the stretch...
    Several months ago, baseball experts said the Phillies had an easy second half schedule and would ride it to a playoff berth. Problem was, they lost to every bottom feeder put in their path and came up short, despite Bryce Harper playing out of his mind, so I’m leery of the Eagles being in the same position. Meanwhile, we’ve got injury issues to deal with on offense, having lost RB Miles Sanders and C Jason Kelce, but, we won’t know what the deal is with either until tomorrow or Tuesday. Fortunately, the Birds are now on their bye, so that should help players heal up for the stretch run.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  9. #1974

    Default

    Crazy Cardinals stat for the season...

    Yes, they're 7-0 on the road. But so far, all of those wins are by double digits. Including today, in miserable weather (the Bears got a garbage time TD and 2 pt. conversion to even close it to 11.)

    They have 2 road games left... @Detroit (I think we could all visualize them beating the Lions by two scores)...
    And At Dallas in Week 17. That last one could be the one that they lose or don't win comfortably.

    If they continue this streak, though... it's never been done in the NFL. No one has ever gone undefeated on the road and done so with such a margin of victory.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  10. #1975
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    16,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If the TD stands, Detroit just beat the Vikings, and have likely doomed the future of Zimmer in Minnesota.

    It had been 364 days since the last Lions win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They can always blow the coverage on the ensuing kickoff.

    Or is that the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse smocking crack in my driveway? Shoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Time expired. That was the last play. It became statistically impossible for even the Lions to blow it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    ESPN isn't so sure about that - the win probably tracker still gives the Yikes a 0.1% chance of winning. I'm not sure whether that is because its E!SPN or that the other team is the Lions. If anyone can manage to blow a lead after the game is actually over, it's the Lions. Meanwhile I have to go chase some emaciated looking guy in robes off my lawn.....
    Today the NFL confirmed they will rule the Lions to take the field and try to lose this one. Roger Goodell said this...


    "It really doesn't make sense to see the Detroit Lions win really. So were gonna rule for them to come back out and retake the field to lose."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

    September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

  11. #1976
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,215

    Default

    That was some finish to the Steelers- Ravens game. Harbaugh gambled and lost.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 12-05-2021 at 05:36 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  12. #1977
    Astonishing Member Witchfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That was some finish to the Steelers- Ravens game.
    NFL rules should be changed. If a team is trailing by seven points with under two minutes to play and they score a TD, they should be required to go for two. You play to win the game, not tie it.

  13. #1978
    Extraordinary Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    6,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    NFL rules should be changed. If a team is trailing by seven points with under two minutes to play and they score a TD, they should be required to go for two. You play to win the game, not tie it.
    They can win it in OT. I dont like the idea of forcing a 2 point try.

    We could also say if down by 3 with 2 minutes or less no field goals. Have to try for a TD.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  14. #1979
    Incredible Member cable guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That was some finish to the Steelers- Ravens game. Harbaugh gambled and lost.
    I totally enjoyed that game today. I like lower scoring defensive games. And this game was all that. I just didn't like the result at the end. That took guts to go for 2 I'll give him that.

  15. #1980
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    26,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That was some finish to the Steelers- Ravens game. Harbaugh gambled and lost.
    The Ravens should’ve kicked the PAT and took their chances in overtime.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •