Page 68 of 234 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3509
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Vegas has now scored 30 straight against my Birds. URGH!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Vegas has now scored 30 straight against my Birds. URGH!
    They are like a whole new team these last two weeks. A whole different feel and energy.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

My Bengals crushed the Ravens. The thing I worry about is they over react to wins against bad teams. So a huge statement win vs the Ravens on the road? I wonder how they will handle it and if that means a tough time vs the Jets next week? I would be more worried if the Jets didnt give up over 50 to a rookie QB.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I call them and the other teams great regular season teams. not Dynasties. There are very few of those in any sport.
    Except Green Bay and Washington then were dynasty teams and had years of success in that span. Green Bay itself before the Super Bowl began had years from 1960-1967 where they won 3 NFL Championships and Super Bowls in that span. Losing twice there. So the team was a dominant dynasty.

Washington itself from 1982-1991 won the NFC East 5 times , finished 2nd twice and finished in 3rd place 3 times. They won 3 Super Bowls.

Dallas itself was a dynasty and went 20 seasons without a losing record , won 2 Super Bowls in 5 trips in that span. Winning the NFC East 13 times in that span !

When I think of Dynasties I think of teams that have won it all. Like I said great regular season teams. but not epic teams. At least not to me. The point in any sport is to win rings. I dont dismiss teams that dont. They are still really good. Just not great.
    Well the difference is here Dallas , Washington and Green Bay won rings and won constantly. Its hard to do that on a long term basis and even harder now in free agency.

Love My Bengals in the 80s. They were some amazing teams. but couldnt win a ring.
    The Bengals had good teams sure...but they weren't long term dynasty built teams as we saw with Dallas , Green Bay and Washington. Those teams went number of years winning and going to Super Bowl. Winning and in Dallas case losing a couple along the way.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I do understand your point. I know how hard it is to win rings on a consistent basis.

It's looking like this is officially "Blowout Weekend" in the NFL. Someone will have to do a count of how many games had margins of victory larger than typical combined point totals for other games.
    Dark does not mean deep.

My region got a bad hand this week. All three games blowouts. Then again it seems like only two games were close contests, damn.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

My Eagles scored for the first time since there were 11 minutes left in the first quarter. WHOO! Be still, my beating heart.

No waller? jacobs goes out with a chest injury?

No Problem.

5-2 and the Autumn Wind is beginning to pick up
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Carson Wentz just committed the most hideous turnover I’ve seen in a month of Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It's looking like this is officially "Blowout Weekend" in the NFL. Someone will have to do a count of how many games had margins of victory larger than typical combined point totals for other games.
    I was at the Arizona/Houston game.

Observation: The Cardinals had 13 total yards in the first quarter, gave up a safety on blown pass protection after the Texans pinned them at the 1, had several big losses due to center mishaps (Max Garcia is playing while Rodney Hudson recovers from a rib injury), and the offense looked completely out of sorts. Houston got a free 15 yard "taunting" penalty after Arizona's defense forced them off the field, and I say it's a phantom call because the officials called it on #70 (Arizona has no player at that number on their roster)... and that got them a FG to go up 5-0.

Arizona then casually got their s*** together and scored 31 unanswered points. Fans streamed out with ten minutes left.

So the Cardinals are 7-0 for the first time since 1974. They've got Green Bay coming to town on Thursday... but if Garcia doesn't stop stepping on his own d*** for that matchup, a competent offense would have been up 16-0 or more where Houston could only get 5 points. Anything's possible on Thursday night games with short weeks to prep. The Cardinals should get a few more members of their defense back who are coming off of Covid-19 protocols like Chandler Jones and DT Corey Peters... but that might not be enough to stop Aaron Rodgers. Nothing might be. They've been dominant since coming out and laying an egg against the Saints in Week 1...

This is probably going to be the best TNF matchup we've seen in a few years.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The thing that always got me with KC is everyone talked about them like they were some grand epic football dynasty on Par with New Engalnd. They were good for a bit but they had one Super Bowl win in that time. Even now there are a lot of people who ride them and defend them like they are the best team around. I dont get why they dont get as much flack as some of the otehr teams with the same record,
    In fairness nobody should be judging their success by the standard of the Brady/Belichick era. We got lucky, and will almost certainly never see its like in sports again. KC gets hype because Mahomes is maybe the scariest QB to face and he's young and everyone wants to crown the next face of the league. He seems as likely a bet to take up that mantle as anyone. Russell Wilson and the Seahawks looked like they might be a dynasty for a minute, and if they'd run Beast-Mode that last play they might be now (statistics argue against it, but easier to hold a team together when you're successful).

The thing I love about the NFL is the parity. Some franchises are hamstrung by bad ownership and personal relationships having too much sway and keeping bad coaches/front office in jobs way past their expiration dates, but that's on the owners and not the league. There's no Red Sox/Yankees/Dodgers outspending the competition to constantly be in the hunt while smaller markets build up to a short window of respectability every decade or two before their stars are poached.

I remember when we won our second ring against the Panthers. My thought was, "with NFL's parity/free agency this is probably the closest anyone's getting to a dynasty like the Cowboys in this century". Four championships later (and another for Brady) and as I believe Colin Cowherd said you couldn't sell Brady's story to a studio to make as fiction, because it would be too unbelievable.
    Last edited by CSTowle; 10-24-2021 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Cowboy-like censored.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

What has hurt Mahomes this season is ...he has a new offensive line (3 rookies on the line) and Watkins is gone as well. He can't play defense which is KC's biggest issue. 2-3 of the games had the defense stepped up...they are wins. But its now on Veach and Reid this off season to fix. Frank Clark is likely done in KC as his play hasn't really equaled the contract he signed. Reid and Veach had Ingram and Houston come in and didn't sign either man at DE (a BIG MISTAKE) . The secondary is literally crap. So the Chiefs have to approach the 2022 off season with getting money freed up and going for defense.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

KC getting the **** kicked out of them brings me so much joy
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    In fairness nobody should be judging their success by the standard of the Brady/Belichick era. We got lucky, and will almost certainly never see its like in sports again. KC gets hype because Mahomes is maybe the scariest QB to face and he's young and everyone wants to crown the next face of the league. He seems as likely a bet to take up that mantle as anyone. Russell Wilson and the Seahawks looked like they might be a dynasty for a minute, and if they'd run Beast-Mode that last play they might be now (statistics argue against it, but easier to hold a team together when you're successful).

The thing I love about the NFL is the parity. Some franchises are hamstrung by bad ownership and personal relationships having too much sway and keeping bad coaches/front office in jobs way past their expiration dates, but that's on the owners and not the league. There's no Red Sox/Yankees/Dodgers outspending the competition to constantly be in the hunt while smaller markets build up to a short window of respectability every decade or two before their stars are poached.

I remember when we won our second ring against the Panthers. My thought was, "with NFL's parity/free agency this is probably the closest anyone's getting to a dynasty like the Cowboys in this century". Four championships later (and another for Brady) and as I believe Colin Cowherd said you couldn't sell Brady's story to a studio to make as fiction, because it would be too unbelievable.

I mean people do rip on baseball for not having a salary cap. And not having parity. But I think if you looked at the four big sports more different teams have won the World Series and than any of the other sports. Baseball has no salary cap, but has still managed to have parity compared to the other sports. That might be just the nature of baseball. But its defiantly not as simple as buying your championship.