Page 71 of 234 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 3509
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The NY Jets itself as an organization really hasn't done well since Namath's glory days ended. Once his knees started to go , the Jets as an organization fell apart. The team itself from 1970 to 2020 have only had 14 seasons with a winning record with a number of seasons at .500 with 7-7 and 8-8 records !

- The Jets as a team had a decent 1980's as they actually had their best run as a team with winning seasons (5) and making the playoffs 4 times in that span. Since then the team has fallen apart and only brief small spurts under Parcells , Herm Edwards and ..Rex Ryan has shown up. But overall the team itself has struggled in long periods and lot is due to lack of QB.

- For years the Jets have searched for a QB. The grand search has led them from Richard Todd to Boomer Esasian , to Neil O'Donnell and ...ok its been long , long time. The fact is fate and usually age has hurt the Jets with QB's the last 4 decades.

With Ken O'Brien in the 1980's the team had really its longest sustained success at QB. While O'Brien was no Dan Marino or Jim Kelly in that fabled 1983 QB class he really if we look at it...the best Jets QB drafted in the 1st rd with a number of good years he had. Things fell apart on him as he approached his 30's. But he was a solid QB for them and set NFL marks for the lowest Int percentage for 2-3 seasons in the 80's.

A decade after O'Brien left the Jets in 2000 the team watched its young QB drafted Chad Pennington who started off solid suddenly was injured...repeatedly. The injuries ended his career with the Jets. But in the Herm Edwards years he was solid. Its a WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN with him really.

Since then the Jets have traded , drafted and signed free agent QB's in that span. In that lone span one QB was so bad drafted in 2nd rd he comically never saw the field (Christian Hackenberg) and is known for throwing the ball so bad in practices it made the team look stupid. One QB drafted had his jaw broken by a teammate because he got in an argument with them (Geno Smith) , others were quickly destroyed by the Jets in record time.

The NY Jets are a clusterf-ck sadly and have been for going on 50 years. With really only 2 QB bright spots the entire time.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Super-E with a great take. Honestly, when I think back... the Jets' best years of the past 25 years they had everything EXCEPT a QB. They'd have Curtis Martin and a great running attack, but couldn't keep Pennington healthy, and his arm went to wet noodle status real fast... They had one of the best defenses assembled with Rex Ryan, but they got a short stint out of an aged Brett Favre and never got a consistent offense.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Super-E with a great take. Honestly, when I think back... the Jets' best years of the past 25 years they had everything EXCEPT a QB. They'd have Curtis Martin and a great running attack, but couldn't keep Pennington healthy, and his arm went to wet noodle status real fast... They had one of the best defenses assembled with Rex Ryan, but they got a short stint out of an aged Brett Favre and never got a consistent offense.
    Pennington it shocks me never went into coaching. He literally is considered one of the smartest QB's to ever play. One Miami coach said he signed late with the team and he walked in and Pennington had all the playbooks on the floor and was literally learning the offense and system this way before any practices. Its no shock he became the starting QB and had a few years there.

Its just he sadly had his shoulder wrecked numerous times. (3-4 times...Pennington was gonna try again to return but couldn't).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR *** AND GET SOME WINS LIST: David Culley, Texans; Nick Sirianni, Eagles; Kyle Shanahan, 49ers:
    Yo, WBE, keep an eye on Hey Siri! I've previously mentioned his offensive scheme has so far been a bust while it looks like Jalen Hurts isn't being properly developed. Now there's noise that with Joe Flacco having been traded to the Jets, there's rumors of a flirtation with giving newly minted second string Gardner Minshew (a.k.a., "The Mustache") a start, why, I have no idea. On top of that, after this past Sunday's debacle against the Raiduhs, DT Fletcher Cox took a subtle shot at first time defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon by saying he's paid to sack the quarterback. Not good. Not good at all. Now we gotta deal with winless Detroit on Sunday and their manic head coach Dan Campbell who looks ready to have a freaking stroke on the sideline because he's too damn high strung. This game is shaping up to be a nightmare for my Birds, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they lay an egg and lose to the Lions on Halloween. God only knows how unhinged the fanbase here, already fed up with Sirianni will become if that happens.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-27-2021 at 01:07 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Welcome to another addition of The Big G's nonsensical conference predictions and analysis!

We start with the NFC.

As of right know the NFC is kinda like the end of a Pokemon game. You've got your eight badges and made it to the Pokemon League, but you have a couple of final challenges. First is the Elite Four which for the NFC would be the three 6-1 teams: Buccaneers, Rams, Packers & the 5-1 Cowboys. And then after the Elite 4 we have the Champion of the League or in this case the Undefeated 7-0 Cardinals.

The "Champion" and the Elite Four of the NFC
    1. Cardinals 7-0
    2. Bucs 6-1
    3. Packers 6-1
    4. Cowboys 5-1
    5. Rams 6-1

After these five it's a bit of drop off.

Currently the two WC holders are the Saints at 4-2 and the Vikings at 3-3. The Bears, Falcons and Panthers all have three wins but are DEEPLY flawed teams. The Lions are 0-7 but I think we can agree that they play better than their record. And the rest of them (Seahawks, 49s, Eagles, Giants, WFT) only have two wins.

As of right now...I’m not sure of the remaining 11 teams, which two will join the other five. The Saints and Vikings do seem logical, but I do think if the Seahawks can get Russel back they could possibly make a run for the #7 seed. But perhaps it's just too late at this point. The Seahawks have lost a couple of close games too the Steerlers and Saints the last couple of weeks.

Final Two WC Predictions: Saints and Vikings
    Darkhorse: Seahawks

Now for the AFC.

The AFC right now is kind of a giant game of rock paper scissors. Team X has beaten Team Y, but Team Z beat Team X and lost to Team Y.

The Bengals, Raiders, Titans and Ravens are all 5-2 and the Bills and Chargers are 4-2.

The NFL has the rankings like this as of right now:

1 Bengals 5-2

2 Raiders 5-2
    3 Titans 5-2
    4 Bills 4-2
    5 Ravens 5-2
    6 Chargers 4-2

The Browns are currently #7 at 4-3. With only one win the Texans, Dolphins, Jaguars and Jets are pretty much an afterthought. So that leaves the Steelers, Chiefs, Broncos, Colts and Patriots in the hunt with at least 3 wins.

The Steelers have talented weapons and Defense...but Big Ben is a rock. The Broncos couldn’t even beat an injury ridden Case Keenum lead Browns. The Chiefs have the ability to bounce back and get into the top 7...but the question for them...is it just too late? Their next three opponents are the Giants, Packers and Raiders. The Colts and Patriots on the other hand have been quietly gaining some momentum. The Colts play the Titans and the Patriots play the Chargers so both have some big games coming up to make a statement.

The AFC right now is riddled with questions. Can the Browns get healthy? WIll the Chiefs bounce back? Will the Raiders have their playoff dreams dashed again by poor play in Nov and Dec? Is Big Ben finally done? Have the Chargers finally found a HC that will prevent them from Dolting it up like they have done in the past? Can Lamar Jackso really carry the Ravens to the SB? And so on.

Truthfully it may take till mid Dec to get these answers.

But for right now I’d say the #7 is still up for grabs and the top six are pretty much set, though which order they will be in come Jan is anyone’s guess. The Chiefs still have a chance to sneak in but their window of starting their comeback is starting to close. Though I think both the Pats and Colts are the dark horses to get in.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I had thought Kansas City was going bad this year but the Houston Texans is being ran insane. Today the team traded its backup RB Mark Ingram back to the New Orleans Saints. Ingram is happy to be back in New Orleans with that team. Meanwhile Brandin Cooks is pissed.

https://twitter.com/brandincooks/sta...81308995440643

Houston ...running the team the Patriot way into crap in 2020. Then doubling down and running it worse in 2021 !

In Detroit things are breaking down pretty bad. Dan Campbell this past week said that Jared Goff has to step up as leader. That he needs to step up now as well as team with him. One local Detroit show broke down 2 plays and were ticked. Goff legit got scared to take a hit and left the pocket , missing his easy 1st down check off pass to RB.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yo, WBE, keep an eye on Hey Siri! I've previously mentioned his offensive scheme has so far been a bust while it looks like Jalen Hurts isn't being properly developed. Now there's noise that with Joe Flacco having been traded to the Jets, there's rumors of a flirtation with giving newly minted second string Gardner Minshew (a.k.a., "The Mustache") a start, why, I have no idea. On top of that, after this past Sunday's debacle against the Raiduhs, DT Fletcher Cox took a subtle shot at first time defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon by saying he's paid to sack the quarterback. Not good. Not good at all. Now we gotta deal with winless Detroit on Sunday and their manic head coach Dan Campbell who looks ready to have a freaking stroke on the sideline because he's too damn high strung. This game is shaping up to be a nightmare for my Birds, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they lay an egg and lose to the Lions on Halloween. God only knows how unhinged the fanbase here, already fed up with Sirianni will become if that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In Detroit things are breaking down pretty bad. Dan Campbell this past week said that Jared Goff has to step up as leader. That he needs to step up now as well as team with him. One local Detroit show broke down 2 plays and were ticked. Goff legit got scared to take a hit and left the pocket , missing his easy 1st down check off pass to RB.
    If Philly loses to Detroit, I think Sirianni's job becomes FAAARRRR more at risk.

If Detroit should win that game, it might help Campbell survive for a year 2. But this is a game that could decide if the either is a "one and done" coach.

The Lions' remaining schedule:

• 10/31: Home vs. Philly
    • BYE WEEK
    • 11/14: Away @ Pittsburgh
    • 11/21: Away @ Cleveland
    • 11/25: Short week Thanksgiving game Home vs. Chicago
    • 12/5: Home vs. Minnesota
    • 12/12 Away @ Denver
    • 12/19: Home vs. Arizona
    • 12/26: Away @ Atlanta
    • 1/2: Away @ Seattle
    • 1/9: Home vs. Green Bay

I think their best chances of getting a win before the end of the year would be this week, Thanksgiving hosting the Bears... and maybe that road game the day after Christmas in Atlanta. I don't think too much of the Broncos, but having to go out to Mile High in December does not seem like a game this team would win.

One good thing about Burrow as a QB. Our local media is going nuts about being in first in the AFC. One guy asked Burrow today what he thought about the fact that if the playoffs started today they would have the number 1 seed. He said

"Who cares? The playoffs dont start today. Everyone in the city is acting like our season ended by beating the Ravens. We have 10 games left to play. The win over the Jets is not a gimme. They are an NFL team. People need to stay focused because when they dont, when they think ahead that is how seasons get derailed and you miss the playoffs by 5 games."
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Green Bay is in the desert tonight to face Arizona, the league's last unbeaten team. However, the Packers will be without WR's Davante Adams and Allen Lazard, both on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Meanwhile, the Cardinals have lost DE J.J. Watt who will undergo potentially season ending shoulder surgery. As for the game, I think Green Bay's losses are greater and will come up short, losing 24-21.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Green Bay is in the desert tonight to face Arizona, the league's last unbeaten team. However, the Packers will be without WR's Davante Adams and Allen Lazard, both on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Meanwhile, the Cardinals have lost DE J.J. Watt who will undergo potentially season ending shoulder surgery. As for the game, I think Green Bay's losses are greater and will come up short, losing 24-21.
    Green Bay's only chance is Aaron Jones having a great game running the ball, giving them long drives and keeping AZ off the field. Rogers will find his targets, but he doesn't have the safety valve of Adams.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I want dueling Hail Marys between Rodgers and Murray
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Picking Green Bay. Which, if my luck holds, means Arizona blow out!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Green Bay's only chance is Aaron Jones having a great game running the ball, giving them long drives and keeping AZ off the field. Rogers will find his targets, but he doesn't have the safety valve of Adams.
    This seems the most likely outcome. I'd expect a lot of Robert Tonyan at TE getting more targets, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I want dueling Hail Marys between Rodgers and Murray
    Rodgers has had two at this stadium, both in the playoffs... only to lose in OT.

Tonight, seems like it's a taller order, given his lack of receivers who can catch said Hail Marys.

I am still going to pick The Packers tonight. I will take Rodgers and his talent and experience.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.