Page 54 of 234 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Oh wow Mr. Untouchable...
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Not sure here either... I do think he's doing a decent job as a first year starter. I don't think the coaching staff is doing a great job of developing a young QB. Not yet anyway. Which makes it so hard to really tell. I think it's the game plan and play calling that is a sink or swim situation.

Personally I think the guy is a winner who works hard. And could be a good to decent NFL QB if given this year and next.
    Fans sometimes forget (myself included) that Hurts is just nine games into his NFL career. Not only is he learning the game on the fly, Hurts is working under his second head coach and offensive coordinator, so there's bound to be potholes along the way. There's just no way to know right now if Hurts will be an All-Pro, a bust, or something inbetween. Will the front office have the patience to let Hurts grow into the job and find out? Who knows.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Fans sometimes forget (myself included) that Hurts is just nine games into his NFL career. Not only is he learning the game on the fly, Hurts is working under his second head coach and offensive coordinator, so there's bound to be potholes along the way. There's just no way to know right now if Hurts will be an All-Pro, a bust, or something inbetween. Will the front office have the patience to let Hurts grow into the job and find out? Who knows.
    When Hurts is on I like what I see. I hope the Eagles give him a long lasting chance to shine.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

BANNED

Can't speak to real football, at best I see highlights or Redzone moments, but Hurts has been helping my fantasy team so he's doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Can't speak to real football, at best I see highlights or Redzone moments, but Hurts has been helping my fantasy team so he's doing something right.
    HA! Glad to hear that! Hopefully, Hurts will be able to help you tonight when the Birds host Tampa Bay.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah but we all know what a big suck up Schefter has to be to get all that inside information. He's in charge of nothing important and his main role in life is to get paid to provide insight to various fantasy leagues.
    Yeah this one seems more of ...a much ado about nothing situation. The article points out Schefter has to talk to those in charge of teams etc as he reports releases , signings and more. That its not really in-depth articles that will break major news. He is more or less delivering what a team plans to do and its gonna lead him to having to talk to team GM's and more here.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Schefter's reports are usually reliable because we know he is telling us what the players or teams told him. When he reported about Rogers and the Packers, we figured that was what Rogers told him. It's not like he is an investigative reporter. He is reiterating what his "sources" told him. Now if he lied, or said someone said something they didn't , that would be a big deal, but I don't think this is.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Everyone is making a big deal about Adam because they were waiting for the next shoe to drop in this whole email thing. And when it didnt happen they are just looking for crap to make a scandal about.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Shifty didn't do something along the lines of Gruden, that is for sure.

He still made a significant journalistic transgression and hand-waving it away doesn't make it better. Integrity is integrity.

It is common practice to verify facts of a story with sources before you publish in order to be as accurate as possible. Getting quotes exactly right, etc. Sending the full story in advance is unethical.

There are teams that wished Adam had come to them to give them that amount oversight, but he never did.

Speaking of integrity, he has apologized and said the criticism is fair.

I think it will hurt his journalistic integrity in the short turn but in the long run he'll be fine. He acknowledged it, said what he did was wrong, and apologized. The brief ding to his rep will be weathered well as long as this doesn't turn into a long history of ethical lapses.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-14-2021 at 11:34 AM. Reason: *THWIP*
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I do think what he did was wrong, I just don't think it is a career ender.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't think so either but Urban Meyer has got to be enjoying all the heat the email dumps are creating.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Well some were saying that they weren't sure that the team or the NFL could really do anything to Gruden, given that he sent the emails years before he was employed by either...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well some were saying that they weren't sure that the team or the NFL could really do anything to Gruden, given that he sent the emails years before he was employed by either...
    His last e-mail was in 2018. So its right when he got hired by Raiders. It was over a span of years with Gruden.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Speaking of Urban Meyer, he just stripped Myles Jack of play-calling duties and his leadership roles.

The locker-room leader and fan favorite ... that has to be going over well.

Tom Brady is 4-0 lifetime here in Philly. The Eagles have won six straight Thursday night games. Barring a tie, one of those streaks ends tonight, I suspect my Birds will come up short as they face another potent offense we won't be able to handle. Final score: Bucs 34, Eagles 23.