Page 185 of 234 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3509

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I think Flores is interviewing with the Bears.
    So is Mayo. Gonna be a lot of competition for that job IMHO. Nobody wants to touch NYG. Miami seems like an easy slot in for a coach.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The NYG will get a new GM first, he will pick the coach. And they will have no problem finding one. There isn't a man out there who wants to be a Head Coach who will not take any available. (Josh McDaniel doesn't count)
    Of course with so many openings, the top candidates will have their pick.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So is Mayo. Gonna be a lot of competition for that job IMHO. Nobody wants to touch NYG. Miami seems like an easy slot in for a coach.
    I also heard about Mayo. Will the Bears want to hitch their wagon to a first time head coach? On top of that, Mayo is an ex-linebacker, if he were hired, Chicago would need to bring in a solid offensive coordinator to develop Justin Fields.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I also heard about Mayo. Will the Bears want to hitch their wagon to a first time head coach? On top of that, Mayo is an ex-linebacker, if he were hired, Chicago would need to bring in a solid offensive coordinator to develop Justin Fields.
    Lynn is available, lol.

Byron Leftwich and Josh McDaniels are apparently available this year (both are expected to re-sign, not leave, but you never know ...).

As are Nathaniel Hackett, Eric Bieniemy, Kellen Moore, Marcus Brady, and Brian Daboll (this group is anticapted to be vying for HCing jobs, too).

You also have Mike Kafka from KC and in house, John DeFilippo. Adam Stenavich and Thomas Brown are expected to get OFC jobs this offseason, too. Pep Hamilton is leaving the Texans and the Chargers really want him back (he coached up Bazooka Herbert).

I would hire Pep personally. His pedigree is Luck, RGII, Herbert for QBs. Seems like he'd be good for Fields.

The Eagles have openly stated they would love to hire Mayo away from Darth Hoodie.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-14-2022 at 03:33 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I would not mind seeing Josh Mcdaniels getting another shot somewhere. I do like him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I would not mind seeing Josh Mcdaniels getting another shot somewhere. I do like him.
    Somebody actually likes McDaniels? Whoa! Anyway, depending on who you talk to, he’s rumored as being Darth Hoodie’s successor in New England.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Yeah, if the coach wants to ruin his career by getting caught up in the BS office politics being put forth by incompetent ownership and metaphorical dick waving GM.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Somebody actually likes McDaniels? Whoa! Anyway, depending on who you talk to, he’s rumored as being Darth Hoodie’s successor in New England.
    That was what supposedly lured him back from his almost stint with Indy.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Reviewing Bellichek’s assistants trying their hands at being head coaches and crashing and burning, the most likely answer is that most of them try too hard to do everything he does and keep his old school style, when frankly even in the old school days, having his mastery of such a broad skillset was still unusual.

But when it comes to people noting that a bunch of them try to keep his gruff and stern style, and that not working out… I think that might be hinting more at Bellichek likely having enough social intelligence to know how and when to use his style correctly, while a lot of his assistants may just flip to “act like a hardass” without his precision. It’s like Machiavelli said - fear is safer than love, but hate must be avoided at all times.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I'm seeing rumors from multiple sources saying that should the Cowboys lose to the Niners, Jerry Jones could fire McCarthy so he can promote Kellen Moore to head coach so as not to loose Moore to another team. So much so that CBS Sports picked up the story and they are one of the news sites that is less prone to rumor-mongering than others.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Can the Bengals win today and end a playoff curse that has ran 30 seasons ? Is this the year that they finally win a playoff game since 1990 ? Lets see how today goes....
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Feels like the Bengals should be leading by more.

And now they are.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Feels like the Bengals should be leading by more.

And now they are.
    Being a Cincy fan my whole life I am still nervous as Hell.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Bengals up 20-6 closing in on halftime, and they get the ball to start the second half.

But now it's 20-13.
    I think this might be a last-team-to -score type game.