Page 103 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3509

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Oh, I get it too, and yeah, I also think Gruden definitely has a case as it's all too obvious he was singled out, perhaps to take the heat off the shenanigans with Washington's former GM Bruce Allen. But, can Chucky actually win such a case against the league should it go to trial? Highly unlikely. The league will line up a battalion of lawyers to fight Gruden that would make O.J. Simpson's "Dream Team" look like a gaggle of strip mall ambulance chasers and pour unlimited funds into protecting the shield's secrets. Short and sweet: Gruden's chances in a court battle wouldn't be all that good, but then, he's got nothing to lose since, more likely than not, he'll never coach in the league again, so why not go after his former employer.
    I think the NFL will settle. As long as Gruden has been in the league and all the people he has been close to. he knows about some skeletons in the closest. I think the NFl will settle with an agreement of "Keep what you know to yourself and we will pay you off."
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think the NFL will settle. As long as Gruden has been in the league and all the people he has been close to. he knows about some skeletons in the closest. I think the NFl will settle with an agreement of "Keep what you know to yourself and we will pay you off."
    I don’t think Gruden is in for the money. This is about salvaging what’s left of his reputation, his dislike of being made the fall guy for the league’s bad guys in high places. I suspect he wants those aforementioned skeletons out of the closet, in other words, if he goes down, he’s not going alone.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I don't think the football gods liked OBJ signing with the Rams. The same week they signed him, they lost their #2 receiver Robert Woods who tore his ACL in practice Friday and will miss the rest of the season. Woods was second on the team in receiving yardage and TD receptions, and was the primary running option for jet sweeps and other WR run plays, and was considered the best run blocker in the receiving corps. It's a big loss for the Rams who have gone all in on the season.

Instead of being an added option for that offense, OBJ now needs to fill in for what they have lost.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I don't think the football gods liked OBJ signing with the Rams. The same week they signed him, they lost their #2 receiver Robert Woods who tore his ACL in practice Friday and will miss the rest of the season. Woods was second on the team in receiving yardage and TD receptions, and was the primary running option for jet sweeps and other WR run plays, and was considered the best run blocker in the receiving corps. It's a big loss for the Rams who have gone all in on the season.

Instead of being an added option for that offense, OBJ now needs to fill in for what they have lost.

-M
    OBJ isn't exactly known for his blocking, either.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Or much of anything but drama.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I imagine that OBJ considers running plays to be an insult because they aren't designed around him and he cannot be the target, and blocking for another receiver means the QB didn't throw to him when he was obviously open as he is every play, and to ask him to actually block on a play that he is not the focus of is just further insult. Running plays are to be endured, not participated in and throws to other receivers are a mistake by the QB that he cannot enable by blocking for the other receiver, ya know!

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger has been placed on the COVID list and will miss Sunday's game vs. The Lions. Can this be the opportunity the Lions need to win their first this season?

-M

Oh, I get it too, and yeah, I also think Gruden definitely has a case as it's all too obvious he was singled out, perhaps to take the heat off the shenanigans with Washington's former GM Bruce Allen. But, can Chucky actually win such a case against the league should it go to trial? Highly unlikely. The league will line up a battalion of lawyers to fight Gruden that would make O.J. Simpson's "Dream Team" look like a gaggle of strip mall ambulance chasers and pour unlimited funds into protecting the shield's secrets. Short and sweet: Gruden's chances in a court battle wouldn't be all that good, but then, he's got nothing to lose since, more likely than not, he'll never coach in the league again, so why not go after his former employer.
    Al sued the league multiple times and won....it can be done
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Sure, but Al had the financial resources to match that of other owners, Gruden doesn't. Civil lawsuits such as this often result in a contest of who has more money to spend on it. Gruden cannot match the league's financial resources or the legal staff they have on salary before they spend for additional lawyers. Whether his case had merit or not, he may not have enough money to make it reach the ears of a judge or jury despite his millions in earning.

-M

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger has been placed on the COVID list and will miss Sunday's game vs. The Lions. Can this be the opportunity the Lions need to win their first this season?

-M
    It's an opportunity.

Knowing the Lions, the Steelers will pump themselves up to rally around Ben not being there, and they'll blow it. This could be Najee Harris' coming out party.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

-M
    I'm gonna call it here and now: Detroit gets off the schneid and bushwhacks Pittsburgh for their first victory of the season. Final score, Lions 17, Steelers 10.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Oh, sure it can, won't deny that. But this time, the league has plenty to lose if those emails are released, so they'll empty the arsenal to keep that from happening.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This is more about fixing Gruden's reputation and trying to get back to being an announcer again. If the league settles (which they could do to avoid a mess) I'd fully expect Gruden to sit at home 2-3 years . Then he'll be brought back with an apology deal etc. But this is more about Gruden knowing he needs to get back to what he normally did best and that was call games. (He'll never ever coach again. Its done...but in 2-3 years ESPN , Fox , NBC or CBS will sign him)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Can I still root for Green Bay?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Sources are reporting they could use OBJ as a punt returner Monday night though.

-M

I'm gonna call it here and now: Detroit gets off the schneid and bushwhacks Pittsburgh for their first victory of the season. Final score, Lions 17, Steelers 10.

Oh, sure it can, won't deny that. But this time, the league has plenty to lose if those emails are released, so they'll empty the arsenal to keep that from happening.
    With Goodell, it might not even be about what the league stands to lose. He insists on being the final authority no matter what judges are appealed to.
    Dark does not mean deep.